Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

deltaffindfw
Topic Author

No Seats Available Today On AA?!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:52 am

This is something I haven't seen before. Right on the homepage!

http://www.aa.com/index_us.jhtml

Due to widespread bad weather that has disrupted our operation, as well as heavy holiday travel, most seats on June 28th are sold out and you may not be able to complete a booking on a desired flight. For current travel policies see Travel Notices.

ejmmsu

RE: No Seats Available Today On AA?!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:55 am

I was just messing around for fun, and it looks like all seats between DFW and ORD are completely full. Attempting to buy a one-way DFW-ORD for this afternoon/evening requires a connection in AUS, STL, or TUL (and are very expensive).
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

Acey559

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:44 am

Same way on DL. Our 2:00 PM departure here at MLI left at 2:00 AM due to MX, and everybody of course missed connections (this was an EV flight, by the way  Yeah sure) Anyway, there were a few passengers going to the New York area and the Boston area, and there was not a single flight to be found on any flight into either area! Even with a flight every hour to LGA, every flight was oversold, including the 777 that does ATL-JFK (continues to BOM) Boston was no better, and there are quite a few flights from there as well. They ended up going revenue standby to HPN, as it was the closest place and had a couple empty seats. This is great for load factors and what not, but I was surprised that SO many airplanes are full going to New England.
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.

FLYGUY767

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:03 am

Quoting DeltaFFinDFW (Thread starter):
Due to widespread bad weather that has disrupted our operation, as well as heavy holiday travel, most seats on June 28th are sold out and you may not be able to complete a booking on a desired flight. For current travel policies see Travel Notices.

I had a client who needed me to go to Los Angeles this afternoon and all of the American Airlines flights have been taken. Not good.. Tomorrow is not looking good as well.. This is one of those times when a video conference along with correlation in the Los Angeles office will have to make do..

BTW - Worse weather is on its way tonight..  Sad

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

BigAppleCoder

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:07 am

The weather is just crazy  crazy . It is just killing the airline's flight schedules...Look at this notice from Delta from their website:

Quote:
Advisory: Showers and thunderstorms are impacting travel in the northeast and mid-Atlantic United States. We are proactively canceling some flights in order to minimize the weather’s impact on operations. Read more.

For information on your flight, check Flight Status below. For additional weather information, see weather.com.

Last updated: June 28, 2007, 2:30pm EST

boeing743

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:10 am

That is crazy that most of flights are sold out and. What about people that are on emergency that need to get to another place? It would be more difficult for them due to full seat. That remind me of what people went thru during snow storm back in Feb and March.

FLYGUY767

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:13 am

Quoting Boeing743 (Reply 5):
What about people that are on emergency that need to get to another place?

Bus, Rail, Car...

Flights are maxed out all over the country this time of year as it is..

That remind me of what people went thru during snow storm back in Feb and March.

Let us not relive that storm, or the effects of that ever again..

BigAppleCoder

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 am

What about people that are on emergency that need to get to another place? I

Well, if you're platinum elite on Continental you can force a bump of another passenger when you buy a full fare 'Y' ticket at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise...you'll have to do some creative routing.

phxtravelboy

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:18 am

Quoting DeltaFFinDFW (Thread starter):
Well, if you're platinum elite on Continental you can force a bump of another passenger when you buy a full fare 'Y' ticket at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise...you'll have to do some creative routing.

But the whole problem is, that there are NO seats to be sold at all. Your example only works if there are some Y seats left, which there aren't. I work for Amex and we've been seeing this all day today. Almost 100% of flights today, tomorrow, Saturday, no matter where to/from in the US are completely sold out. NO inventory at all. It's getting ugly.

FLYGUY767

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:21 am

Yet another storm is now starting to rumble over Manhattan... Gray and Purple as far as you can see..  Sad

Happy flying to anyone on a flight tonight!

-JD

UN_B732

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:06 am

Every single flight to CDG today & tomorrow out of the US is pretty much over sold, or has less than 5 seats available. I was trying to get a friend rebooked going to Paris, but because the Northeast was so screwed up, like nothing had seats.

-A
What now?

RP TPA

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:23 am

I work for Air Canada, and we are totally sold out from all NY airports tomorrow (Friday 29Jun). LGA-YYZ, LGA-YUL, LGA-YOW, LGA-YHZ, EWR-YYZ, EWR-YUL, HPN-YYZ, JFK-YVR, and JFK-YYC. Hopefully we'll get extra sections and/or bigger aircraft, but that might not be possible due to the Canada Day holiday July 1. Our larger aircraft are needed elsewhere throughout the system. I'm sure scheduling is trying to see if anything can be done.

contrails

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:41 am

I don't know if this has ever happened before, but it is certainly the first time I've ever seen a message on AA.com saying they have no more seats available.

I have a feeling that it will take the airlines until next week to get back to "normal" (whatever that is), IF the weather improves soon. We've got a holiday coming up next week, and I wonder how many people are going to find their plans derailed.

What a mess.
Flying Colors Forever!

RP TPA

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:06 am

I spoke too soon. We now have an extra section LGA-YYZ. I'm sure that will fill up in about 3 to 4 minutes!!

TPAnx

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:10 am

Good luck to all the people who have to deal with the public over the next few days...
t'won't be easy....  Sad
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

whoopwhoop

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:21 am

NO seats! ..great!... time to rasie the ticket prices until there are.  crowded 

Bicoastal

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:21 am

I feel sorry for anyone needing to get to a relative's/friend's deathbed. There aren't even any bereavement fares to be had out there. I hope airlines are charging a lot for their seats, because the demand is there.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

RP TPA

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 am

Beautiful. I just got a call from an airline employee who wants to non-rev out of EWR tomorrow. This guy's brain is probably as small as his "cojones" are large.

atlaaron

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 am

Well no thanks to NWA. They certainly are not helping the situation.

Ansett767

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:37 am

Sounds like the storms in the UK this past christmas (the week before). I was flying from there to South Africa via Frankfurt and was extremely lucky to get out as about 3/4 of the flights that day were cancelled and the other 1/4 were severely delayed... ours was only by 1.5 hours so I JUST made my connection. I have never seen queues like that inside heathrow and that was AFTER people were being held outside in near freezing conditions in tents - and only being called slowly to check in.

Once people got to the front of the queue, often their flight had departed - LH's queue was MASSIVE. and people were fighting with each other - literally!!! hehe

Not so good! I'm sure we will see this in the US now - and yeah it's horrible if you need to get onto a flight and it's an emergency.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos