QantasA333
Topic Author

Adelaide Airport Expansion!

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 am

Adelaide International Airport (ADL), will go under a large expansion, which will include more airbridges, new regional aircraft parking area and more...

Here is the link to the news on their website:

http://www.aal.com.au/common/uploade...mages/AdelaideAirportExpansion.pdf

[Edited 2007-07-14 02:56:26]

Ozair

RE: Adelaide Airport Expansion!

Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 am

Having just moved to Adelaide I am quite impressed by the airport, open, clean and the free wireless internet access are great. They could use some more seats around the domestic gates though. The number of seats is generally half of those that board and almost all the flights I take are full or very near so. Simple things I know but they make a difference.

Saying that I would love to see not only a bigger airport but more services from domestic QF and some new international airlines. A few more gates will certainly help this to occur.

bullpitt

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:11 am

I'll be going to ADL next year end of June does anybody know if QFor any other company are thinking of increasing international flights to ADL with the new installations.
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

emalad

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:05 am

I was in Adelaide in 2005 and went through the old terminal. Once checked in, we had to wait for the flight to SIngapore to go before we could go in the waiting area for our flight to Kuala Lumpur.

Would like to go back and see the new airport. Shame more airlines don't fly long haul into ADL

Ozair

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:07 am

Quoting BULLPITT (Reply 2):
does anybody know if QFor any other company are thinking of increasing international flights to ADL with the new installations.

Not that I am aware of. Currently QF fly a A333 three times weekly to SIN and return. This as far as I am aware is the only QF international flight from ADL. They did have some NZ flights but these have stopped now. MH, CX and SQ also fly into Adelaide so there are a few options, you just need to time it right.

Quoting EMAlad (Reply 3):
Shame more airlines don't fly long haul into ADL

Indeed, maybe with the 787 we will see some other carriers come to ADL but I'm not getting my hopes up. An ageing and relatively small population doesn't help and ADL is hardly the financial capital of Australia. Ironically as far as immigration is concerned ADL is the only city in Australia classed as a regional centre! Most migrants will do the compulsory 4 years in a regional centre and then move to SYD or MEL where the real money and opportunities are.

6thfreedom

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 pm

I'll be going to ADL next year end of June does anybody know if QFor any other company are thinking of increasing international flights to ADL with the new installations.

CX will increase to daily, currently 4pw.
direct inbound, via MEL outbound...

anstar

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:03 pm

Seems crazy that the airport has only just been finished and they need to expand so soon!

A bit of forward planning would go down a treat

nzrich

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:15 pm

NZ fly ADL-AKL currently 3 times a week from nov it will be 6 times a week and from feb it will be daily ..
"Pride of the pacific"

bullpitt

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Great news for me that CX will go daily, I love going to Australia via HKG more than JNB. Will probably give it a go next year. Last time I did it was through SIN but due to the fact I fly non rev I try to avoid SIN.  crowded 
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

QantasA333
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 am

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 5):

How'd you find that out? Do you have a link to it?

6thfreedom

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:21 am

Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 9):

to be announced shortly i believe...

CX looking at triple daily MEL and also increasing ADL to daily linked with MEL.
it's due to commence 28 October, so I would expect formal announcement very soon.

QantasA333
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Why does the CX ADL-HKG flight go via MEL when heading to HKG?

QantasA333
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm

This is off topic but, will QF increase services and maybe even announce new routes?

6thfreedom

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:15 pm

Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 11):
Why does the CX ADL-HKG flight go via MEL when heading to HKG?

Has done so for years.

I think ADL is strong for cargo, but not enough pax demand to justify non-stop services in both directions.

i would think CX strategy would be to increase demand by operating daily, albeit via MEL outbound, as as pax grow, perhaps offer 4 per week non-stop in both directions... in 2-3 years time?

6thfreedom

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 9):

It was announced this morning...

LostXistance

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:34 pm

It was also announced on ten news last night, as the weather report was live from the airport.

Emirates Skies

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:24 pm

A long time ago (about 2 years back), rumour had it that Emirates was looking at a Dubai > Kuala Lumpur > Adelaide service.

However, at present, the new Emirates services into Australia seem to be a daily nonstop 77W service to BNE (complementing the daily 773 service via SIN) and a new Dubai -> Jakarta -> Melbourne service.

Emirates Skies
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints

QantasA333
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:25 pm

Why hasn't EK started flying to ADL anyway?

EK going to MEL via CGK, why that city?

6thfreedom

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting LostXistance (Reply 15):
It was also announced on ten news last night, as the weather report was live from the airport.

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 5):

it was announced on 15 July!

Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 17):
EK going to MEL via CGK, why that city?

Good freight, new market.
Don't know about the mix of pax though! I thought CGK had large labour market traffic..

ZK-NBT

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:33 pm

MH will go 5x weekly from 4 to ADL from October 28th with 772's.

Quoting Emirates Skies (Reply 16):
A long time ago (about 2 years back), rumour had it that Emirates was looking at a Dubai > Kuala Lumpur > Adelaide service.

However, at present, the new Emirates services into Australia seem to be a daily nonstop 77W service to BNE (complementing the daily 773 service via SIN) and a new Dubai -> Jakarta -> Melbourne service.

EK don't need additional landing rights to fly to ADL, I think its just a matter of having enough aircraft I could see more a DXB-BKK-ADL service with a 772 or 332.

The AKL-BNE-SIN service will change to a 77W in FEB 08 with the new BNE service likely to be a 345 I believe non stop DXB-BNE.

CGK-MEL, hmm interesting I'm guessing they probably can't do this until 2009 with the second BNE flight due to start in 2008.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos