FlyboyOz
Topic Author

How Many Trays Inside The Trolley/Cart?

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:56 pm

I would like to know how many trays inside the trolley/cart for the Y class?

[Edited 2007-07-17 12:00:50]
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

bx737

RE: How Many Trays Inside The Trolley/Cart?

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:10 pm

It depends on the size of the tray. All carts have 14 shelves. If it is what is called a half cart, it could have either 14 trays (which are roughly the same size as the pull down table top) or 28 trays which is the size that most charter airlines in Europe use. On my own company's transAtlantic flights, we use the full size cart with 3 trays on each shelf, that is 42 trays max. I hope this helps

pualani

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting FlyboyOz (Thread starter):
I would like to know how many trays inside the trolley/cart for the Y class?

Here at Hawaiian, there are 30 trays, 30 hot meals and approx. 20 sandwiches per cart. In our coach service on a full flight we use 5 meal carts(2 per side and usually 1 shared).That is for our West Coast flights and on our Sydney flights the trays are smaller and I am not sure how many are in each cart.

pualani

EWRCabincrew

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:41 am

At CO, our carts hold 39 meals (internationally) at 3 set-ups per row. 13 rows in each cart.
You can't cure stupid

SingaporeBoy

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:58 am

On SQ its 24/36 or 48 depending on the meal served and also the route.

FlyingColours

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:45 am

Quoting Bx737 (Reply 1):
It depends on the size of the tray. All carts have 14 shelves. If it is what is called a half cart, it could have 28 trays which is the size that most charter airlines in Europe use.

Yup they are what I've used myself, the half carts are the easiest to operate, and a lot less messy (there is only one openining so a colleague can not put one too many trays in and push them out onto you, which happens a lot with "double carts".

Some older designs have "Old School" meal carts which would fit 2 meal cannisters, each cannister would hold 14 regular sized trays. During turnaround we would remove the canisters and replace them with fresh ones from the hold, this I believe still happens on new 737NG as all but the -900ER lack the galley space for charters. Some 757s also have this particular style of meal delivery. As for the 757 it can depend on the galley configuration, some can hold more double meal carts in addition to the shedload of bar carts and duty free carts whilst, some can not. Generally its the older 75's which have the cannisters.

As for drinks carts the half cart would have I think 6 or 7 draws in there, (i'm not too sure on the exact figure as I'm not actually flying at the minute and have forgotton - shock horror!  Wink).

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

Zkpilot

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:49 am

QF long-haul has 12 shelves with 3 trays per shelf plus 3 shelves of hots ie 36 trays and 36 hots.
Domestic has 4 trays per shelf on most sectors
64 types. 44 countries. 24 airlines.

nzrich

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:08 am

Yes depends on the size of the tray .. For NZ long haul carts take 42 trays and short haul they take 56 ie 14x3 and 14x4

[Edited 2007-07-18 03:09:40]
"Pride of the pacific"

VHXLR8

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 6):
QF long-haul has 12 shelves with 3 trays per shelf plus 3 shelves of hots ie 36 trays and 36 hots.
Domestic has 4 trays per shelf on most sectors

Beat me to it mate  Smile
Also, PER-MEL/BNE/SYD flights have the international style setup. By the way, have you seen our new 'tv dinner' trays'??

Zkpilot

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:43 pm

Quoting VHXLR8 (Reply 8):
Beat me to it mate
Also, PER-MEL/BNE/SYD flights have the international style setup. By the way, have you seen our new 'tv dinner' trays'??

haha yeah well they're the whole CityFlyer thing, Tasmans are the same also. Must say often the smaller domestic breakfasts are better than some of the longhaul breakfasts even tho theyre on a smaller tray! Fruit, scones etc rather than rubber like buns.

Yeah those new trays sure look interesting lol... well more appealing than the current ones at least!
64 types. 44 countries. 24 airlines.

FlyboyOz
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Oh thanks for answering my question. I have one more question to ask you,

After the cabin crews were running out of the trays, then they went back to the galley to get another cart. But I was wondering why they took so long to came out? What did they do in the galley? take all the tray outs from the cart to another cart or something i don't know?
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

pr1268

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:04 pm

If the airlines cram as many trays in the trolley cart as they cram passengers in the aircraft, then my guess would be 150-200 trays.  duck   silly 
The only time an aircraft has too much fuel is when it is on fire.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos