Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Tony Lu
Topic Author

Questions About Spirit Airlines

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:03 am

First of all, for those who don't know already, Spirit Airlines has a nice fare sale going on right now for fares starting at $2. Check it out if you're in the US. I always kept an eye on Spirit sales as they were the only airline that truely had great prices in the US, kind of like Ryanair. The dates never worked out for me though. I got an email about this almost an hour ago and a nice trip caught my eye ACY-TPA-ACY all in one day. The total was 44 USD roundtrip including all taxes (11USD One way no tax). So I pulled the trigger and got it. This is my very first flight for the pure enjoyment of flying, as I am going nowhere in particular. It is also my cheapest flight  Smile. I guess it could be considered a mileage run, except I have no Free spirit miles as of yet.

Anyone have any information about Spirit? I have never flown on them before (never flown on LCC's in general). Also, my return trip is like half an hour from my arrival. I would like to spend a little time in Tampa or at least in TPA airport. Could I bump my flight to a later time without paying ridiculous fees?

I am looking forward to this trip. Be sure to watch out for my Trip report!

Jeremy

RE: Questions About Spirit Airlines

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:32 pm

I have not flown them yet, but I did catch that sale and purchased FLL-SAP-FLL for only $38.50 including taxes.
I also bought FLL-MBJ-FLL for $103.

I don't know if you can do a good mileage run on Spirit because they only credit you with 50% of your flown miles unless you fly a lot with them.
You are now free to be sexually harassed and then terminated for filing a complaint--Southwest Airlines to me.

OA260

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:29 am

I am also looking at flying Spirit. I have to get from MCO to FLL and saw they have a First class type seat for $109 incl taxes. I thought it was very good. I just want to know if anyone has any experience flying with them and how reliable are they??

SJOtoLIR

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:45 am

I still haven´t flown whit NK, but they´re really increasing operations in Central America, where I used to live. A friend of mine did SJO-FLL-SJO almost two weeks ago. She told me: good deal for her flight, new and reliable aircraft, on time scheduled flights, no more... I´ll be waiting for your upcoming report.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos