Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Indian Aviation Thread: Part 56

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Thiagarajan of Paramount is world's youngest airline CEO.
http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2007/jun/22spec.htm

Quotes:
Stelios Haji-Ioannou was just 28 when he started EasyJet in UK, thereby earning his place in the Guinness Book of Records for being the youngest chairman of a scheduled airline. M Thiagarajan, a pilot, was just 27 when he floated Paramount Airways, based out of Madurai, which launched commercial flights on October 19, 2005. This makes Thiagarajan the youngest airline CEO in the world.

"Apart from aviation, his passion is astronavigation," says a close friend. "Thiagarajan can tell you the location by seeing a star. He must think an airplane can take him nearer the stars..." But stargazer Thiagarajan, who had primarily restricted his aviation activities to south India, is now locating stars of fortune in western and central India for possible acquisitions.

Sources say that Paramount Airways is interested in picking up stake in the Wadia-promoted budget carrier GoAir or Delhi-based low fare airline SpiceJet. Though both airlines have denied any such developments with Paramount Airways, sources confirm that Thiagarajan and team are camping to Mumbai for initiating talks.

"We are talking to airlines in India," Thiagarajan confirms. "We are interested in acquisitions. But specifically, I cannot comment on anyone. We are looking to acquire another airline for gaining access to landing slots and parking bays. That will facilitate our expansion much faster," he adds.

What's the possible synergy with GoAir or SpiceJet? Insiders say GoAir could enable Paramount to enter western India while SpiceJet could be a separate low fare entity.

Funds? "That is not a constraint. We were promoters of Bank of Madura, which later merged in ICICI Bank. Any acquisitions can be facilitated through internal accruals," Thiagarajan says.

A business management graduate, he entered the family business as a third generation entrepreneur and established his own Paramount Mills before starting the aviation business. If the low profile entrepreneur has donned an aggressive profile, it is because "We were making the right kind of noise and we are now leaders with 26 per cent market share in the south Indian market," Thiagarajan says, "now it is time to have a presence in western and central India."

LAXDESI
Topic Author

RE: Indian Aviation Thread: Part 56

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm

IndiGo to add new flights between Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi using its eleventh aircraft.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/ne...umbai-bangalore-delhi/02/40/292719

Quotes:
IndiGo, the low-fare domestic airline that is redefining airline quality standards in India, will add new services between Mumbai and Bangalore & Mumbai and Delhi from 27th July, 2007. IndiGo will serve these routes using its eleventh brand-new Airbus A320, which will be delivered to the airline on 24th July 2007. IndiGo is offering these in addition to its existing services between the above routes.

With its eleventh aircraft, the airline will operate 78 daily flights flying to 15 destinations, including Kochi, Agartala, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Vadodara. IndiGo will take delivery of four additional brand-new A320 aircraft this year, taking the fleet size to 15 by the end of 2007. It plans to serve approximately 30 Indian cities by 2010, with a fleet of approximately 40 A320s.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Air Deccan takes delivery of its 20th new Airbus A-320 to be based in Kolkata
http://www.expresstravelworld.com/200707/aviationworld31.shtml

Quotes:
Air Deccan, India's largest low cost airline added its 20th brand new Airbus A-320 to its fleet taking the airline's total fleet strength to 44. The new Airbus will be based in Kolkata and will help in Air Deccan's expansion plans of providing enhanced low fare travel options and increased connectivity.

Kolkata - Vishakapatnam will be a new sector introduced by the airline. This city pair is not serviced by any other airline and Air Deccan will be the only airline connecting Kolkata to Vishakapatnam.

We have the largest market share in the Kolkata region with more than 70 daily flights and loads averaging 85 per cent. We believe that the growth of the aviation sector will not come from only servicing the Mumbai-Delhi sector but by opening up newer unconnected sectors. With this aircraft, we will introduce flights on the Kolkata-Vizag route and increase frequency/capacity on the other mature routes". At present Air Deccan has seven aircraft based at Kolkata and the new airbus will be the eighth aircraft to be based there. Kolkata is the largest base for Air Deccan's ATR operations.

cricket

Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:47 pm

To VTNyc from the last thread - better chance they'll call it McDowell's No.1 heh!

As regards Paramount - they have to exapnd out of the south soon, or else they'll not get slots anywhere. Heck, they'll have to buy someone just to get prime slots!
been there, flown that

Nimish

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 1):
IndiGo to add new flights between Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi using its eleventh aircraft.

I think the a/c is also being used for a COK-HYD-DEL routing. I wish that 6E had chosen to offer a non-stop COK-DEL - that sector is still very expensive as there are not too many offering a non-stop on that route.
Incredible India!

cricket

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 4):
I think the a/c is also being used for a COK-HYD-DEL routing. I wish that 6E had chosen to offer a non-stop COK-DEL - that sector is still very expensive as there are not too many offering a non-stop on that route.

Maybe the market conditions don't favour a non-stop on the COK-DEL sector, though I can't guess why... I'm sure Indigo did the math!
been there, flown that

Concorde001

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Jet Airways breaks March's 91.5% load factor on LHR-Amritsar

When the UK's CAA released traffic figures for March 2007, I thought 91.5% load factor on 9W's LHR-ATQ route was fantastic. But it seems Jet has outperformed itself once again! June saw a record load factor of:

94%

I think this is brilliant! Lets hope with new A330s coming into the fleet, the flight can go back to six weekly!

Source: UK Civil Aviation Authority - Jun 2007

For those of you not familiar, here is the performance of LHR-ATQ-LHR since it started in August 2006:

• August & September 2006 = average load factor of 66%
  • October, November & December 2006 = average load factor of 79%
  • January 2007 = average load factor of 79%
  • February 2007 = average load factor of 86%
  • March 2007 = average load factor of 92%
  • May 2007 = average load factor of 84%
  • June 2007 = average load factor of 94%

*Note, I have excluded April. I can't work out the figures due to April's schedule being no longer available.

For those of you interested in LHR-BOM, LHR-DEL and 9W's other int'l operations, this is for you:

Enjoy  Wink

cricket

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:23 pm

AIX just issued a release saying that VT-AXR has just been inducted into the fleet. No news yet on how long VT-AXC (the plane that overshot COK) will stay out of service.
been there, flown that

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:42 am

Tiger Airways links two Indian cities with Australia.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...s_with_Aus/articleshow/2216562.cms

Quotes:
Low-fare Tiger Airways launched Thursday four new flights linking the south Indian cities of Kochi and Chennai to its Australian destinations of Darwin and Perth. The "flight combos" through Singapore allow passengers to coordinate their flights on two legs of their journey with minimum downtime in between, the Singapore Airlines-backed carrier said.

One-way fares start from $65 between Kochi or Chennai to Darwin while one-way fares for Kochi or Chennai to Perth start from $78. The "combos" enable passengers to book two sectors of their travel at one time.

Upon arrival in Singapore, they clear customs and immigration before checking in for the onward flight.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:46 am

AI Express to fly to Malaysia from Oct.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...a_from_Oct/articleshow/2217312.cms

Quotes:
Low-cost carrier Air India Express aims to begin flying from Chennai to Kuala Lumpur from October under a new agreement to liberalize air travel between the two countries, an airline official said on Thursday.

"It is a landmark agreement. It will increase the number of direct flights to Indian cities, and make travel cheaper and more convenient for passengers," Saran told meida.

"Air India Express hopes to operate by October. We plan to start to fly from Kuala Lumpur to Chennai in the first phase and expand later to Trichy in southern India and to other Indian destinations," he said.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 am

India drives passenger traffic for Finnair.
http://www.indiaenews.com/business/20070719/61535.htm

Quotes:
Finnair has reported a 19.3 percent jump in scheduled traffic during the first six months of this year, thanks to an impressive growth of 30.5 percent in Asia, where it has added Mumbai as its latest destination. In June alone, the airline reported a 26.5 percent increase in scheduled traffic during which it added two Airbus A340 aircraft to its fleet, one of them to Mumbai.

According to Taina Tornstrom, the Finnair director for the Indian subcontinent, the carrier was in talks to add more destinations for onward connections in India and to also make them convenient. 'Finnair is strengthening its partnerships with Indian air carriers to make these connections as smooth as possible,' Tornstrom said in a statement.

HAWK21M

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting Cricket (Reply 7):
No news yet on how long VT-AXC (the plane that overshot COK) will stay out of service.

Normally takes 2-3 months.But depends on the extent of damage.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:18 am

Maxjet ready for multiple Gulf routes and India.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index...for-multiple-gulf-routes&Itemid=92

Quotes:
Maxjet might fly to India, Kuwait, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and the UAE as early as March next year.Maxjet, an all business class airline that currently flies from London Stansted to New York and Washington, could launch new routes to India, Kuwait, the Maldives, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, Thailand and the UAE as early as March next year.

In a trading statement issued this week, the airline said it has received approval from the US Department of Transportation to operate non-stop services from the US to all open skies points. The approval will allow Maxjet to open up several new routes to US destinations, and also includes the right for flights from the US to transit through London Stansted and onto open skies destinations in the Middle East and Asia.

pnqiad

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:58 am

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 12):
Maxjet ready for multiple Gulf routes and India.

And where will the find aircrafts to do these routes? Do they have any WBs on order?

HAWK21M

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:48 pm

VT-JCE at Indore pics.

Sad case.

regds
MEL

karan69

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:23 pm

Quoting PNQIAD (Reply 13):
And where will the find aircrafts to do these routes?

They operate a fleet of A319CJ and 737BBJs

Karan

AI

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...y_in_India/articleshow/2218882.cms

It's a miracle planes land safely in India
20 Jul 2007, 0245 hrs IST,Manju V,TNN

MUMBAI: The monsoon this year has caused casualties of a new kind. There have been nine aviation accidents or incidents at various Indian airports in the last three months - most of them caused by that fatal combination of heavy rain and short runways. It was these two factors that caused the Tam Airbus to crash in Sao Paulo on Wednesday, killing 200 people.

Even veteran pilots are known to get the monsoon jitters - flying through heavy rain, cross winds, and an opaque cloud cover is hard enough, but landing in these hostile conditions on a stingy runway that stops short of 9,000 feet is nerve-wracking.

With an additional 12,000 flights this year compared with 2006, the rise in the number of skids and incidents is not surprising. The Sao Paulo tragedy has raised the question: how safe are Indian runways?

The consensus in the aviation industry is that the two most unsafe airports in the country are those at Pune and Patna. However, it's not as if the rest are up to standard.

The fact is that most of India's 200-plus airports have landing strips that fall short of the 9000-foot safety benchmark. During the dry months, this does not really make a difference - after all, thousands of flights arrive safely every day - but come the thundershowers and suddenly the lack of inches is acutely felt.

With so negligible a margin for error, an aircraft can easily overshoot the slippery strip of tarmac. Even the country's so-called long runways aren't up to scratch. Says an A320 check pilot,"In the Emirates Operations Manual, the example of a bad runway is Mumbai airport runway 27."

Singapore Airlines too does not land on Mumbai airport's runway 14 as it has been classified 'sub-standard' because of the air-traffic control tower standing a few metres away. "Runway 14 may be 9,596 feet but it has a displaced threshold, which means only 7,200 feet are available for landing. To make things worse, the end of the runway is waterlogged and slippery," says a senior Boeing 747 commander.

While the Airports Authority of India operates 124 runways, state governments own 158 and private parties 63.

A very interesting article I think.

AI

cricket

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 14):
VT-JCE at Indore pics.

Sad case.

Seeing those pics I assume this will be the first aircraft that 9W has w/o. I also assume that this will seriously hit 9W's ATR operations pretty hard!
been there, flown that

initref

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 15):

Maxjet operates a fleet of 5 B767 (with maybe 1 on order)

karan69

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Quoting InitRef (Reply 18):
Maxjet operates a fleet of 5 B767 (with maybe 1 on order)

Sorry then i had them mixed up with another one from Germany.

Karan

pnqiad

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Air China to increase frequency to India:

China to start daily flights to India

Quote:
In view of increasing tourist exchange between China and India, Air China on Friday said it will start operating daily flights between Beijing and New Delhi starting October 31. Presently it has only four flights a week between the two cities.

The state flag carrier will be joined by another international carrier, China Southern, which is expected to start three flights a week to Delhi from Guangzhou (erstwhile Canton). Guangzhou, home to an over 3500-strong Indian community, is a throbbing business hub in south China.

BigTom

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting AI (Reply 16):
With so negligible a margin for error, an aircraft can easily overshoot the slippery strip of tarmac. Even the country's so-called long runways aren't up to scratch. Says an A320 check pilot,"In the Emirates Operations Manual, the example of a bad runway is Mumbai airport runway 27."

Singapore Airlines too does not land on Mumbai airport's runway 14 as it has been classified 'sub-standard' because of the air-traffic control tower standing a few metres away. "Runway 14 may be 9,596 feet but it has a displaced threshold, which means only 7,200 feet are available for landing. To make things worse, the end of the runway is waterlogged and slippery," says a senior Boeing 747 commander.

Wow! Sounds alarming. Are they really that bad at BOM, or is a case of the media making a mountain out of a molehill? Maybe any pilots among us can shed some light?

Cheers

mk777

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:09 am

How do the DEL rwys 10/28 and 9/27 compare to BOM regarding their standard??  Smile

Also, has the concstruction on the 3rd rwy begun at DEL??? i believe it will be 10R/28L and the existing one will become 10L/28R?? Is that correct??

Isn't rwy 9/27 going to be re-aligned so that it can become a third parallel rwy???

Wow, it will be nice to see DEL with 3 rwys and hopefully a fourth one in the future!!
come fly with me

HAWK21M

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 17):
Seeing those pics I assume this will be the first aircraft that 9W has w/o

Its def their 1st W/O
regds
MEL

Nimish

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:27 pm

From: Etihad Airways Latest News Part 2 (by EtihadAirways Jul 20 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Quoting Ejazz (Reply 6):
Etihad will commence flying the A320 from September 2007 with young leased aircraft from Air Malta.

6 to 8 brand new A320s should start arriving from early next year. These aircraft were originally ordered by Kingfisher but Etihad have more or less secured these early delivery slots in exchange for Kingfisher receiving their 4 early A380s.

Interesting Big grin IT is delaying their 320 deliveries to get the 380s sooner!!!
Incredible India!

cricket

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Quoting Mk777 (Reply 22):
How do the DEL rwys 10/28 and 9/27 compare to BOM regarding their standard?? Smile

Also, has the concstruction on the 3rd rwy begun at DEL??? i believe it will be 10R/28L and the existing one will become 10L/28R?? Is that correct??

Isn't rwy 9/27 going to be re-aligned so that it can become a third parallel rwy???

10/28 (future 10L/28R) is a very good and a very long runway - 12,500 feet - can't complain about that length. It is currently CAT 3B on the 28 side but getting CAT 3C is unlikely given that NH8 is so very close to the airport. 9/27 is also very long at 9929 feet, but is only a CAT 1 runway. It is unlikely to be realigned given that it is next to the Air Force technical area and any realignment would involve a substantial amount of modification to the Air Force area and that is unlikely.
Simeltaneous opns at Delhi are being done, but there have been mistakes. A SpiceJet plane landed on Runway 9 instead of runway 10 because when approaching from the Dwarka side the two runways do converge and are little over a few hundred metres apart. In other forums the problem with a go-around of a plane landing on 28 and if another one taking-off from 27 has also been raised.

the new runway 10R/28L will be towards the Kapasheda side and to the south of the current runway by a good 2km with the new integrated terminal in between. this will be a CAT3C zero-visibility runway and will be the same length or even longer that the current 10/28. Or so DIAL says!
been there, flown that

karan69

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 24):
Interesting Big grin IT is delaying their 320 deliveries to get the 380s sooner!!!

Thats because they can also perhaps take in some of the A320 slots of DN, smart move indeed.

Karan

cricket

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 26):
Thats because they can also perhaps take in some of the A320 slots of DN, smart move indeed.

Karan

Nope, DN sold delivery rights in a vain attempt to raise cash, remember!

Quoting Nimish (Reply 24):
Interesting Big grin IT is delaying their 320 deliveries to get the 380s sooner!!!

I think this is some sort of swap deal with EY
been there, flown that

karan69

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 27):
Nope, DN sold delivery rights in a vain attempt to raise cash, remember!

Not all of them, IIRC they sold only 8-9 of them, plus KF has more than enough NBs coming in over the years, their latest ordered A320s is scheduled for delivery in 2012 onwards

Karan

cricket

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 28):
Not all of them, IIRC they sold only 8-9 of them, plus KF has more than enough NBs coming in over the years, their latest ordered A320s is scheduled for delivery in 2012 onwards

http://www.flyairdeccan.net/PressRel...to%20yield%20INR%20450%20Crore.pdf

According to this all 60 A32X rights were sold back then. I don't know the status of this under new mgmt!
been there, flown that

Nimish

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:46 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 27):
I think this is some sort of swap deal with EY

Yes - that's what the quote says... I don't know what sense this makes for EY - given their current shortage of wide-haul equipment.
Incredible India!

karan69

Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 29):
According to this all 60 A32X rights were sold back then. I don't know the status of this under new mgmt!

Somethings not quite clear in that,

Does it say----

The deal gives them the right to take the aircraft as per slots but incase they were to liquidate or not take the aircrafts, then and only then will the UK and German banks have the rights to market these aircrafts.

Karan

cricket

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 31):
The deal gives them the right to take the aircraft as per slots but incase they were to liquidate or not take the aircrafts, then and only then will the UK and German banks have the rights to market these aircrafts.

According to the way DN explained the deal - in 60 slots were sold for $100ml or around $1.55mill each. DN still has first right of refusal on the planes but will have to pay a large sum to the European Bank consortia to exercise those rights - don't know the exact value because it wasn't disclosed but it is rumoured to be around $2mill per plane. Now, only and only if DN does not take up rights does the consortia have the right to sell the planes.

Made sense for DN because it monetised a long-term asset (kind of like selling a plane at an inflated value during a sale-leaseback deal), and also because they bought the planes for cheap this was innovative. It made sense for the banks too, since in case DN did not take up the planes they would have little problem finding a prospective buyer for them.
been there, flown that

karan69

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:01 pm

Aha, that clears it up--thanks a lot Cricket

Karan

sammyk

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 15):

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 19):
Sorry then i had them mixed up with another one from Germany.

I think you're thinking of PrivatAir which are Swiss based.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:00 am

Air India planning to create European hub. Which city would make the most sense given that they plan to join Star alliance? Why aren't they sticking with their earlier plans to make FRA a hub?
http://www.samachar.com/showurl.php?...7+22%3A00%3A53+GMT&keyword=ww_home

Quotes:
State-run carrier Air India, which is being merged with another national airline Indian, is looking to create a hub in Europe and rationalise its route structure by providing more direct services. Following the footsteps of its private competitor Jet Airways, which has established an operational hub at Brussels, Air India is holding discussions with aviation authorities in some major cities of Europe.

"Discussions are going on. Let us come to some final conclusion and then we will let you know," Air India chairman and managing director V Thulasidas told PTI in an interview. The carrier, which already flies to several European cities like Frankfurt, London, Paris and Birmingham, "is now looking at other cities which can become our hub," he said, indicating the new hub could be finalised by early next year.

Asked to elaborate, he said at least five to six daily flights would arrive at the European hub from different parts of India and the passengers transferred to other Air India planes bound for destinations beyond. "But the existing flights through European cities where we are already operating, will continue. We will even add flights to these gateways," Thulasidas, who has been appointed to head the merged state-owned carrier, said.

However, these operations would grow over the next two-three years as Air India inducts more long-haul aircraft, he said.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:36 am

New thread on Jet's North American plans in 2008. Jet To Start SFO,LAX,ORD, And JFK In 2008 (by LAXDESI Jul 22 2007 in Civil Aviation)

sunnyb

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:00 am

Check out the new JetLite web site, with their logo:

http://www.jetlite.com

777way

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 am

Ariana website schedules showing KBL-DEL as suspended, any idea why?

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:06 am

Air Deccan's June passenger traffic up 22%. It will be interesting to see if the yields have gone up substantially since takeover by Kingfisher.
http://www.business-standard.com/com...leftnm=11&bKeyFlag=IN&autono=25405

Quotes:
Low cost carrier Air Deccan has recorded a 22% jump in passenger traffic for June 2007 as compared to June 2006. In the month of June 2007, the airline has carried 6,63,355 passengers representing a growth of 22.3% over the same month in the previous year.

The average load factor too has steadily risen to 83.19% from 81.21% in June 2006. Air Deccan now operates 350 flights to 65 destinations daily as compared to the 265 flights to 55 destinations in the same month last year. The airline has crossed the 12 million passenger mark this year, in a span of less than 4 years since its inception in August 2003.

pnqiad

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:17 am

Might have already been posted earlier:

Qatar Air to fly to Nagpur, Ahmedabad by year-end

Quote:
Qatar Airways plans to start daily flights to Nagpur and Ahmedabad by the year end. Qatar is one of several airlines which have strengthened air network with India.

The daily service to the two cities will mark the seventh and eighth Indian destinations for the Airways, Akbar Al Baker, Chief Executive of Qatar Airways was quoted as saying by the Gulf News.

I think if they time these right - they could pick up a lot of onwards traffic to Europe/US.

pnqiad

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:20 am

Air-India-IA merger in trouble

Quote:
The merger between Indian Airlines and Air-India, due in August, has hit a roadblock with the major IA unions opposing it on grounds that the government has been unable to resolve key issues -- lack of parity in career progression and salary with A-I employees and arrears of over Rs 800 crore from 1997. The unions have threatened a strike if these issues are not settled before the merger deadline.

The title is a bit misleading given that technically it is already a done deal. Just usual labor rumble. I think most such agitations and protests are for sake of protests and without much merit....

cricket

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

SpiceJet is getting two new 737-800's in August and are launching some new flights...

Following flight schedule will be followed with the induction of 12th aircraft on 15th August 2007.

Service from 15th August 2007
FLT. NO. SECTOR TIME
SG 501 Delhi – Kochi (via BLR) 07:35 AM (DEP) – 12:00 NOON (ARV)
SG 501 Delhi – Bangalore 07:30 AM (DEP) - 10:00 AM (ARV)
SG 501 Bangalore – Kochi 11:05 AM (DEP) – 12:00 NOON (ARV)
SG 502 Kochi – Delhi 01:05 PM (DEP) – 03:55 PM (ARV)

Can't figure out how SG 501 has two separate departure times but this was their release...

Following flight schedule will be followed with the induction of 13th Aircraft on 29th August 2007:

Service from 29th August 2007
FLT. NO. SECTOR TIME
SG 503 Delhi – Kochi 02:15 PM (DEP) - 05:15 PM (ARV)
SG - 504 Kochi - Delhi 06:35 PM (DEP) – – 10:40 PM (ARV)
SG 504 Kochi – Bangalore 06:35 PM (DEP) – 07:30 PM(ARV)
SG 504 Bangalore -- Delhi 08:10 PM (DEP) – 10:40 PM (ARV)
been there, flown that

cricket

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Nice...
Our national bird gets on a plane

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rick Schlamp

And the other side..

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rick Schlamp

Nice on this bird  Smile
been there, flown that

ourboeing

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:24 pm

Quoting Concorde001 (Reply 6):
Jet Airways breaks March's 91.5% load factor on LHR-Amritsar

When the UK's CAA released traffic figures for March 2007, I thought 91.5% load factor on 9W's LHR-ATQ route was fantastic. But it seems Jet has outperformed itself once again! June saw a record load factor of:

94%

I think this is brilliant! Lets hope with new A330s coming into the fleet, the flight can go back to six weekly!

Are they currently using a 777 on this route?

Concorde001

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 pm

Quoting OURBOEING (Reply 44):
Are they currently using a 777 on this route?

No, it is an A330-200, configured with 30 Business and 196 Economy seats. I don't think the 777s will be used on ATQ because they are configured with a First Class cabin and I am not sure ATQ has a strong enough First Class market.

HAWK21M

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:53 pm

Anyone aware if the AI new B772LR launch ceremony will be media covered from Inside the Tarmac on the 28th.
regds
MEL

cricket

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 46):
Anyone aware if the AI new B772LR launch ceremony will be media covered from Inside the Tarmac on the 28th.

Saturday morning 11AM at DEL T2 - new colours on several planes will be shown to PM.

I'll be there.
been there, flown that

HAWK21M

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 47):
Saturday morning 11AM at DEL T2 - new colours on several planes will be shown to PM

Great.Looking for some pics from you too.Will the B732SF be displayed or only the A313F from AI cargo.
regds
MEL

Gr8Circle

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 47):
Saturday morning 11AM at DEL T2 - new colours on several planes will be shown to PM.

I'll be there.

I knew that before you even said it....  mad 

Anyway, do post some good pics....everyone's so obsessed with F and Biz class on this site...I want to see pics of the class that I will be flying on...good ol' Y class.... smile 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos