Topic Author

Quick Skybus Update

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:01 am

From the Skybus [ahem] Dispatch Printing Company:

Tickets flying as Skybus boosts schedule
Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:35 AM
By Marla Matzer Rose

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Skybus Airlines received another boost in ticket sales when it added more than two months to its flight schedule last week.

The carrier sold 30,000 tickets within the first four hours, Chief Executive Bill Diffenderffer said, representing about 10 percent of the tickets the airline had sold since sales began in April.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con...h.ART_ART_07-19-07_C8_I07ANP5.html

Other quotes of interest:

Quote:
Port Columbus is on track to have 8 million travelers for the first time. She said added traffic from Skybus and other airlines is making the airport authority rethink plans to wait until 2015 to add a second airport terminal.

Quote:
Asked what Skybus would look like in five years, Diffenderffer said it will look much the same here in Columbus, but with more destinations. Additional "focus cities" will be added, he said

Quote:
An audience member asked whether Skybus would add flights to Naples, Fla. Diffenderffer replied that they are asked about a Naples flight "20 times a day."

Quote:
"Our on-time performance wasn't what we wanted it to be for the first couple of weeks, and we admit it," Diffenderffer said.

The airline has been improving and has beaten the industry average for on-time performance the past two weeks, he said.

The last quote is somewhat ironic. The STAR departure to PSM left over and hour and twenty minutes late this morning. This has caused a ripple-effect throughout the day, causing OAK to leave 1.5 hours late. PSM and BLI were over 15 minutes late leaving this morning as well. My guess is the delays were caused by a combination of the increased flight schedule in the morning as the rainy weather over Columbus today.

mnevans

RE: Quick Skybus Update

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:00 am

Good for Skybus! Glad to hear they are doing well. The on-time percentage especially.

Quoting FlyCMH (Thread starter):
Port Columbus is on track to have 8 million travelers for the first time. She said added traffic from Skybus and other airlines is making the airport authority rethink plans to wait until 2015 to add a second airport terminal.

I don't see that happening. Maybe by the time my kids are at Ohio State there will ACTUALLY be a new terminal with the way airport construction goes. (I'm 21 with no kids now)

AirframeAS

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:08 am

Just wait until they cram their planes up with the 28" pitch later on. That might change things. Or....they can re-consider the 28" pitch idea, toss it out and stick with what they have now as long as it is selling seats.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

tbolt1

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 am

They already have a 28" pitch in their fleet.
"You can be my wingman anytime."

JetBlueGuy2006

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:03 am

Quoting Tbolt1 (Reply 3):

If I am not mistaken, not on the 2 they leased from VX...because that is not their configuration.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

717-200

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 am

When do they start receiving their own 319's from the Airbus factory in Hamburg?
How long do they have the leased VX birds until?
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

AirframeAS

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:30 am

Quoting Tbolt1 (Reply 3):
They already have a 28" pitch in their fleet.

Not from my understanding, see below.....

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 4):
If I am not mistaken, not on the 2 they leased from VX...because that is not their configuration.

checkmark 

itsnotfinals

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:38 am

Congratulations to Skybus for the continued good execution of an innovative business model.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

SkyyMaster

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:45 am

They've been flying for all of two months. I think it's still premature to call them successful. I'd rather see them add frequency and the ability to allow for connections than keep adding new destinations. Rapid expansion has killed more than a few airlines. If they are still going gangbusters in May 2008 on their first anniversary, then I'd say we can start calling them a success.

tbolt1

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:23 am

SX has 1 aircraft from the factory already...28" seat pitch.
Flew in about 3 weeks ago.
"You can be my wingman anytime."

AirframeAS

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:33 am

Quoting Tbolt1 (Reply 9):
SX has 1 aircraft from the factory already...28" seat pitch.

Ok, then we are talking about one plane they have recieved from Airbus in the fleet now. You need more than just one in the fleet to see the overall side effects to see if the pax like the 28" pitch or not.

National757

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 10):
You need more than just one in the fleet to see the overall side effects to see if the pax like the 28" pitch or not.

It's not going to matter as long as the price is low. Skybus passengers don't seem to mind driving to remote airports, late flights, and spending a night connecting in CMH for a cheap fare. They aren't going to care about a tight seat pitch. You hear anyone complaining about the "seat pitch" on a Greyhound bus?  Smile

bluejackets

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:44 am

An audience member asked whether Skybus would add flights to Naples, Fla.

Now, that'd be the geriatric express!

I don't think anyone is going to get their wish of going into APF with the tight noise restrictions and short runways, but it seems as if they can't get PGD online fast enough.
It's funny when I tell people I love planes and they think I'm weird.

RSWA330

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:49 am

Quoting Bluejackets (Reply 12):
Now, that'd be the geriatric express!

I don't think anyone is going to get their wish of going into APF with the tight noise restrictions and short runways, but it seems as if they can't get PGD online fast enough.

Naples definately sees its fare share of retirees and snowbirds, but they also get a suprisingly large amount of families. Southwest Florida is actually very popular with families.

Asiaflyer

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Quoting National757 (Reply 11):
It's not going to matter as long as the price is low. Skybus passengers don't seem to mind driving to remote airports, late flights, and spending a night connecting in CMH for a cheap fare. They aren't going to care about a tight seat pitch. You hear anyone complaining about the "seat pitch" on a Greyhound bus?

Sounds very much like Ryanairs concept in Europe, low prices, remote airports up to 1 hour away from cities, etc etc, and we all know how sucessful Ryanair has been.
Looks like Skybus is doing the right thing for the people who like to travel that way.

Some people predicted Skybus to exit after a few months in this forum when they initially appeared!!
So far the bashers has been proved wrong.
Good luck to Skybus.

panaman

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:09 pm

OK but besides PGD, where to next. Cancun?
Sorry I moved from SXM, looking for a new house on Anguilla now!

B4REAL

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 8):
They've been flying for all of two months. I think it's still premature to call them successful. I'd rather see them add frequency and the ability to allow for connections than keep adding new destinations. Rapid expansion has killed more than a few airlines. If they are still going gangbusters in May 2008 on their first anniversary, then I'd say we can start calling them a success.

I agree with you. Let's wait until we start having real payments for up to 65 aircraft. How many routes/flights per day will that be???? A bunch, probably at least 220 flights per day. Lets just see what happens when more a/c arrive...
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds & @RickVanover on Twitter

pplsxprs75

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:01 pm

I have had 2 family members fly with Skybus now. The first, flew the very first week of their service and the other just 2 days ago on the maiden flight to St Augustine, FL. I guess when they arrived in St. Augustine they got the royal treatment with the water spray and free cookies etc etc for the passengers.

Both my cousin and my Mom loved Skybus. Both said the staff were wonderful, and the planes were comfy. My cousin bought a meal on the plane and he said it was worth the money. When you buy a soda you get the whole can, etc etc.

I am VERY happy we have Skybus here in Columbus. The Florida and California routes they have are wonderful. I look forward to them expanding and am happy it is Columbus based! Makes me proud!

skibum9

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Got to wonder how the start of Virgin America will eventually impact Skybus. Virgin has some very attractive pricing and their service and ammenities are far better than Skybus, or even Southwest, JetBlue or any other LCC. Even though VA will start with a few routes out of SFO, initially JFK, IAD, LAX and LAS, eventually these carriers will start to compete on routes as the route structures grow. 28" pitch and limited ammenities, no customer service, will not cut it once the true competition starts.
Tailwinds!!!

flyCMH
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Skybus was affected by multiple delays yesterday, with the last arrival from Portsmouth arriving at 4:48AM, after diverting to BDL for unknown reasons. Today is starting even worse, as every Skybus flight today is delayed at least 1 hour:

SKB41: CMH-RIC Scheduled Dept: 6:30AM / Actual Dept: 8:22AM

SKB222: CMH-BUR Scheduled Dept: 6:30AM / Actual Dept: 7:34AM

SKB1: CMH-PSM Scheduled Dept: 6:55AM / Actual Dept: 8:24AM

SKB270: CMH-BLI Scheduled Dept: 7:05AM / Actual Dept: 8:06AM

SKB87: CMH-FLL Scheduled Dept: 7:15AM / Actual Dept: 8:32AM

This wouldn't be such a big problem except for the fact that all 5 of those aircraft are scheduled to fly other flights throughout the day. So unless they can quick-turn all flights (i.e. under 25 minutes), each subsequent flight for the rest of the day is going to be delayed.

flyCMH
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:58 pm

And what day wouldn't be complete without yet another Skybus propaganda article from the Dispatch...

That's extra
Soon, Skybus won't be the only airline charging for everything
Friday, July 20, 2007 5:59 AM
By Marla Matzer Rose

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Skybus Airlines has received plenty of attention for its practice of charging for almost all of the extras that go with air travel, even down to soft drinks.

But industry experts say the Columbus carrier's approach likely won't seem novel for much longer.

Virtually all airlines are on the cusp of introducing new fees, such as those for checking bags and priority seating. Airlines see new fees as a way to raise revenue without boosting fares.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con....ART_ART_07-20-07_C10_VS7APON.html

I like how they failed to mention Skybus' many other "innovative" practices, such as paying cabin crews $9/hr along with commission, or outsourcing all ground crews both above and below wing, or the fact that you cannot be rerouted on another carrier or through another city if something happens to your flight.

ejmmsu

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 20):
or outsourcing all ground crews both above and below wing

All the legacy carriers do this at many of their outstations.

or the fact that you cannot be rerouted on another carrier or through another city if something happens to your flight

WN started this "innovation" over 30 years ago.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

emseeeye

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 am

Quoting Pplsxprs75 (Reply 17):
and free cookies etc etc for the passengers

Oh boy! At least at McDonalds you can buy 3 cookies for a dollar.

MCOflyer

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting EmSeeEye (Reply 22):

And I thought I was the only one who saw it that way.

Wait till Skybus gets more late departures than on time departures. Will it be worth the money?

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

flyCMH
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:02 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 21):
or outsourcing all ground crews both above and below wing

All the legacy carriers do this at many of their outstations.

Columbus is not an "outstation" for Skybus, yet ground all duties are outsourced to a third party.

In addition, in outstations where all flights are operated by express affiliates, yes, ground crews are usually outsourced. However with the exception of Northwest, most mainline and mainline/express stations in the U.S. remain staffed by their respective airline's agents, especially above wing. For example, in Columbus, American, Continental, Delta, jetBlue, Northwest, Southwest, USAirways, and United staff their station with their own employees above wing, while Delta and jetBlue are the only two to outsource their below wing duties to Delta Global Services.

or the fact that you cannot be rerouted on another carrier or through another city if something happens to your flight

Southwest cannot route you on another carrier, but they can most certainly route you through another city. For example, if your flight from Columbus to Orlando cancels, Southwest can potentially route you through BWI, MDW, BNA, or TPA on their own metal to get you to Orlando. If your flight from Columbus to St. Augustine on Skybus cancels, you're out of luck.

DAYflyer

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 am

28" pitch....  Wow!  crazy   eyepopping   crowded 

Thats one airline I wont fly anytime soon. I'll stick with Airtran 31" pitch, thank you.
One Nation Under God

ejmmsu

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 24):
Southwest cannot route you on another carrier, but they can most certainly route you through another city. For example, if your flight from Columbus to Orlando cancels, Southwest can potentially route you through BWI, MDW, BNA, or TPA on their own metal to get you to Orlando. If your flight from Columbus to St. Augustine on Skybus cancels, you're out of luck.

Skybus cannot route you through a different city if they don't fly to a different city. I don't think its fair to fault skybus because they don't have as many routes/destinations as WN has in their first few months of service. It has taken WN 30+ years to reach the number of destinations they have now.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

clickhappy

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:39 am

They landed in BLI today at 9:25, it's about a two minute taxi to the gate so lets see how fast they turn it today.

clickhappy

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:41 am

Departed at 10:16, so 51 minutes on the ground.

So, another 45 minute turn.

baxter

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:59 am

Took off at 10:16... 45 minute turn...

pplsxprs75

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting EmSeeEye (Reply 22):

The airport at St. Augustine did that I am fairly certain.

I am not commenting on how paying for everything is a crock or any of that stuff. I am simply stating that the experience of those I know who have flown with Skybus find it satisfactory.

CMH does not have too many options for value fares other than Southwest of Skybus. Personally, when I do fly, I fly on Continental. Always have becasue I enjoy the service and the staff. I am just happy to see CMH on the radar screen. Period.

ScottB

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:22 am

If your flight from Columbus to St. Augustine on Skybus cancels, you're out of luck.

Not just that, but if you bought a $10 ticket on a flight that oversells -- and you're denied boarding involuntarily -- they're only obligated to give you a whopping $20 as compensation. And you are on your own until the next day's flight, assuming there's room on it for you.

Ah, Skybus doesn't really need a "terminal," per se. Pretty much all they'll need is a hangar with a TSA checkpoint, since you can't take food or drink with you on the plane.

bluejackets

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:58 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 31):
Not just that, but if you bought a $10 ticket on a flight that oversell

Does Skybus oversell their flights?

mkirch72

Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:14 am

Quoting National757 (Reply 11):
It's not going to matter as long as the price is low

Ummmm.....if you're over 6 feet tall. I'm 6'4 and I would love to try Skybus. But 30 or 32" seat pitch is painful enough. And I literally mean physical pain. There's no way you would get me on that plane unless I could be guaranteed exit row.

flyCMH
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:41 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 26):
Skybus cannot route you through a different city if they don't fly to a different city. I don't think its fair to fault skybus because they don't have as many routes/destinations as WN has in their first few months of service. It has taken WN 30+ years to reach the number of destinations they have now.

In my opinion, there in lies the problem. Southwest can survive without any interline agreements since every city in the system can act as a transfer point if necessary. At Independence Air, everything was filtered through one node, that being Washington Dulles. So any time there was a cancellation or severe delay, we were stuck. I see the same scenario playing out with Skybus, even with the inception of new focus cities, since their route and pricing structure doesn't allow for connections even within itself. So let's say your Skybus flight from Columbus to St. Augustine cancels, but Skybus has since opened a focus city in, let's say, Knoxville, and has flight to and from both St. Augustine and Columbus. Skybus still technically wouldn't be able to route you through Knoxville since there's no online bag or passenger transfer. You would have to take the ticket you purchased any apply it to the fare for both segments (CMH-TYS-SJG).

Quoting ScottB (Reply 31):
If your flight from Columbus to St. Augustine on Skybus cancels, you're out of luck.

Not just that, but if you bought a $10 ticket on a flight that oversells -- and you're denied boarding involuntarily -- they're only obligated to give you a whopping $20 as compensation. And you are on your own until the next day's flight, assuming there's room on it for you.

Very good point. Now, as was mentioned, does Skybus practice the overselling of flights? My guess is that they do not voluntarily oversell flights, similar to Independence Air, since the likelihood of no-show passengers is quite low. However, that does not mean a flight can't become oversold. A flight from the West Coast could be weight restricted, or a seat in-op can result in a flight becoming oversold. In both situations the same would hold true though, a $20 compensation voucher and playing wait to see if you can get on the next available flight which, in many cases, isn't until the next day.

XT6Wagon

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:58 am

yet somehow I've both been put on a WN flight from another carrier, and on another carriers flight from WN when I had the flight canceled. Maybe things were more liberal back in "the good old days" but a "so what do I do now" to the agent at the desk both times got a phone call to the other desk, and a ticket from said other desk for a plane leaving right then. I thought it a bit weird both times, but didn't question my good fortune.

bluejackets

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Interesting story on Channel 10 in Columbus tonight that I unfortunately just caught the end of. But apparently it was on the Skybus flight that diverted to BDL and arrived at CMH at 4:48 on Friday morning. They interviewed a woman who apparently was on the flight and was upset. They also had the Skybus spokesman on saying "weather delays happen." So I'm not sure if weather caused them to divert to BDL, because that seems unlikely, or if there was another reason they diverted and then had to hold at BDL because of weather.

Anyway, that part is not really that significant. Long delays happen. I think the most significant part of the story is it's the first substantial negative publicity for Skybus from its hometown media, and from a station whose owners are investors no less. We've certainly seen and read about the good here in Columbus, but things could be starting to even themselves out. As a previous post alluded to, it's only been two months. It's very difficult to make a fair evaluation in that time. They have a lot left to prove.

Again, it would've helped to have seen the whole story tonight. Maybe they'll post it on www.10tv.com later. Or maybe even The Dispatch will publish it tomorrow to meet their daily quota of Skybus stories - even though this is - gasp! - negative.

N200WN

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm

Reminds me of COS and Western Pacific back in the 90's. That little four gate concourse that was thrown up and still sits empty.

Quoting XT6Wagon (Reply 35):
yet somehow I've both been put on a WN flight from another carrier, and on another carriers flight from WN when I had the flight canceled

I've never seen us (WN) send passengers to another airline, but several times I've seen HP send large groups of over to WN.

Quoting Bluejackets (Reply 36):
Again, it would've helped to have seen the whole story tonight. Maybe they'll post it on www.10tv.com later

I can't believe a non emergency related diversion made the news. As if Skybus diverted just for the fun of it.

XT6Wagon

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:02 pm

Quoting N200WN (Reply 37):
I've never seen us (WN) send passengers to another airline, but several times I've seen HP send large groups of over to WN.

yah, I'm assuming its just that given its a small airport (ABQ) the agents knew each other in both cases and they were willing to toss me on the other 1/2 empty flight just to be nice. Both cases the planes were currently loading when I was checking in for my now canceled flight that was to be 1hr+ from that point in time.

regardless, even without interline agreements I've never been left anywhere by WN canceling a flight.

flyinryan99

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:57 pm

So I'm not sure if weather caused them to divert to BDL, because that seems unlikely, or if there was another reason they diverted and then had to hold at BDL because of weather.

Thursday there was a line of storms that stretched from the northeast all the way back to the great planes...if it diverted, especially to BDL...I am safe to say 100% due to weather.

flyCMH
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:30 pm

Interesting story on Channel 10 in Columbus tonight that I unfortunately just caught the end of.

The 6PM newscast is rebroadcast on a digital cable channel here in Columbus, so I checked to see if anything was mention in the 6PM edition. They ran a story, though it looks like it wasn't as in depth as the 11PM newscast, since they didn't interview any passengers, just the person from Skybus. According to the newscast, SKB7 from CMH to PSM diverted to BDL, sat on the ramp for several hours, then turned back to CMH. What they failed to mention is SKB8 from PSM back to CMH was cancelled last night, since the plane used for flight 7 turns for flight 8.

So I'm not sure if weather caused them to divert to BDL, because that seems unlikely, or if there was another reason they diverted and then had to hold at BDL because of weather.

I wonder if the tower at PSM is staffed 24/7. Flightaware shows SKB7 from CMH to PSM on 7/18/07 having some trouble getting into PSM as well:

Today hasn't ended well for Skybus either. They weren't able to recoup much time on any of their 5 late STAR departures. All RON aircraft arrived today over an hour late, except for BUR, which made up about 30 minutes:

SKB52: CEF-CMH Scheduled Arr: 9:03PM / Actual Arr: 10:05PM

SKB8: PSM-CMH Scheduled Arr: 11:13PM / Actual Arr: 12:52AM

SKB82: FLL-CMH Scheduled Arr: 1:18AM / Actual Arr: 2:20AM

SKB35: MCI-CMH Scheduled Arr: 1:10AM / Actual Arr: 3:11AM

SKB227: BUR-CMH Scheduled Arr: 1:29AM / Actual Arr: 2:04AM

flyCMH
Topic Author

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:12 am

Weather forces first cancellation by Skybus
Passengers heading to Portsmouth, N.H., spent 9 hours on plane
Saturday, July 21, 2007 3:27 AM
By Marla Matzer Rose

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Skybus Airlines has joined the ranks of carriers that have canceled a flight and stranded passengers for hours.

Stormy weather in Portsmouth, N.H., Thursday night led Skybus to delay then cancel its nightly flight from Port Columbus to that city. The 144 passengers for the normally less than two-hour flight spent about 9 hours on the plane, including several on the ground in Hartford, Conn., waiting for the weather to clear.

The plane returned to Columbus shortly before 5 a.m. Passengers were rebooked on an added Portsmouth flight last night -- 26 hours later than their scheduled departure -- but many were confused and frustrated upon the return by long lines and a lack of quickly available information at Port Columbus.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con....ART_ART_07-21-07_C10_F77BAND.html

bluejackets

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:35 am

Wow, it feels like a birthday party the way The Dispatch puts it: "first cancellation." Congratulations Skybus, you're growing up so fast!

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 40):
According to the newscast, SKB7 from CMH to PSM diverted to BDL, sat on the ramp for several hours, then turned back to CMH. What they failed to mention is SKB8 from PSM back to CMH was cancelled last night, since the plane used for flight 7 turns for flight 8.

Ah, OK. Now I understand. I thought SKB7 landed safely in PSM and SKB8 took off from PSM and was the one that had to divert to BDL. Flightaware showed SKB7 landed at PSM, but it must have been a quirk.

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 40):
I wonder if the tower at PSM is staffed 24/7.

Good point. I didn't see the radar, but I wouldn't think the line of storms would stretch so long that they couldn't get into PSM for four hours. Flightaware shows SKB7 arrived at BDL at 11:13 p.m. and departed back to CMH at 3:21 a.m. You'd have to think tower staffing could be a factor. If that's the case, this certainly highlights one of the flaws with their alternate airports model.

N702ML

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting XT6Wagon (Reply 35):
yet somehow I've both been put on a WN flight from another carrier, and on another carriers flight from WN when I had the flight canceled. Maybe things were more liberal back in "the good old days" but a "so what do I do now" to the agent at the desk both times got a phone call to the other desk, and a ticket from said other desk for a plane leaving right then. I thought it a bit weird both times, but didn't question my good fortune.

Although it is nothing "official," some stations do have local agreements.

When I worked for Southwest in Cleveland, we would occaissionally send passengers to TWA if our STL flights were late enough to cause a misconnection or cancelled and vice versa. We did the same thing for BWI flights although I cannot recall if that arrangement was with Continental or USAir.

We had a similar arrangement with America West when I worked in Columbus.

We would end up writing one big check to the airline accommodating our Customers (or they would write us one big check for their Customers) just as though we were buying that many tickets right there at the ticket counter.

Not sure if this practice is still done or how popular it is (as BOTH airlines involved have to agree), but XT6Wagon very well may have been reaccommodated by WN onto another carrier, just not in the usual way other airlines endorse tickets over to other carriers.
The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Southwest Airlines.

jacobin777

Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:21 am

Quoting FlyCMH (Reply 41):
Weather forces first cancellation by Skybus
Passengers heading to Portsmouth, N.H., spent 9 hours on plane
Saturday, July 21, 2007 3:27 AM
By Marla Matzer Rose

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Skybus Airlines has joined the ranks of carriers that have canceled a flight and stranded passengers for hours.

Stormy weather in Portsmouth, N.H., Thursday night led Skybus to delay then cancel its nightly flight from Port Columbus to that city. The 144 passengers for the normally less than two-hour flight spent about 9 hours on the plane, including several on the ground in Hartford, Conn., waiting for the weather to clear.

The plane returned to Columbus shortly before 5 a.m. Passengers were rebooked on an added Portsmouth flight last night -- 26 hours later than their scheduled departure -- but many were confused and frustrated upon the return by long lines and a lack of quickly available information at Port Columbus.

..thanks for the information and link... checkmark ..

So far, ostensibly, it seems as if SX is doing ok..however, I think SX will have to adjust their business models on some ends.....
"Up the Irons!"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos