Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SWA TPA
Topic Author

I Got The Job With Comair!

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:52 am

I am soooooo excited! Last week I flew out to CVG and interviewed with Comair for a position as a flight attendant. I am VERY happy to report that they offered me the job! I go to class on August 13th for 4 weeks! WOO HOO!!!!!! Im finally going to fly!

SWA TPA  airplane   biggrin   bigthumbsup   champagne   cloudnine 
I believe I can fly.....

IFlyATA

RE: I Got The Job With Comair!

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:53 am

Better change your name from SWA TPA to COM CVG  Wink

Congratulations!
ATA - an honestly different airline.

SWA TPA
Topic Author

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:56 am

Quoting IFlyATA (Reply 1):
Better change your name from SWA TPA to COM CVG

LOL! I will be based in JFK, so perhaps COM JFK is in order  Smile

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

sandrozrh

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:57 am

Quoting IFlyATA (Reply 1):
COM CVG

Or COM JFK for that matter  Wink

Congrats!

wilco737

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:58 am

Congratulations Big grin

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

runway23

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:06 am

Quoting TPA" class=quote target=_blank>SWA TPA (Reply 2):
LOL! I will be based in JFK, so perhaps COM JFK is in order

SWA TPA

Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing you on one of my flights soon. Big grin

We're Nuts

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:37 am

Don't let regionals make you hate aviation. Life for you will be ten times harder than it is for any mainline flight attendant. Your planes will be broken perpetually. They will be unbearably hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. You'll come home and wash grease and soot from your hair and under your nails. Every part of your body will ache as you stand, shoved in the tiny galley, and greet passengers, listening to the pilots chat and joke with each other on their comfy padded chairs as if they didn't have a care in the world. Also the lav on the CRJ is a portal to hell.

Now that you're in, get out as soon as you can. Once you've done regional service, you can do anything. Plenty of good mainline carriers are hiring.
Dear moderators: No.

EMBQA

Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:57 am

My time at the regionals was my best time in commercial aviation. You'll have days you love it, days you want to throw you badge at the boss.... enjoy
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

lowrider

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:03 am

Congrats. I hope you enjoy your time there.
Proud OOTSK member

DLX737200

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:21 am

SWA TPA, welcome to the team! As a CSA for OH in Omaha, let me congratulate you on getting the job. Comair is a great company to work for. I've been here for 13 months now and am proud to say I work for Comair. If you ever get a CVG-OMA flight, don't be afraid to step out of the jetway and say hello. The whole station here is run by Comair and we enjoy hanging out with Comair crew members whenever we get the chance. Hope to see you around here sometime! Good luck!

-Justin

flynavy

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:30 am

Congrats, hope you enjoy it! Do you have any foreign language skills? Delta is hiring mainline F/A's with such skill. Anyway, best of luck to you!
Change is: one airline, six continents!

bcoz

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:41 am

Congrats and best of luck!

bcoz

UN_B732

Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:28 am

Good luck with Comair at JFK  Smile, I heard they're one of the better regionals. Hopefully I'll see you on one of my flights.
-A
What now?

Blackbird1331

Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 am

Good luck. I hope you feel this good the day you leave Comair. The job is the customer, they are everything, the employer? Eah.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

TPAnx

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 am

Nice to see someone's dream come true...think you'll find NYC more fun than TPA!
Congrats!! champagne 
TPANX
I read the news today..oh boy

foxecho

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 am

Good luck to you! See you at the gate at MCI sometime  Smile

Welcome aboard glad to have you.

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

Evan767

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:17 am

Gee I hope you have a lot of nerves, patience, and toughness. Then theirs always that kindness you need to manage when serving your customers. Good Luck.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

LAXspotter

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:20 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 6):
Don't let regionals make you hate aviation. Life for you will be ten times harder than it is for any mainline flight attendant. Your planes will be broken perpetually. They will be unbearably hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. You'll come home and wash grease and soot from your hair and under your nails. Every part of your body will ache as you stand, shoved in the tiny galley, and greet passengers, listening to the pilots chat and joke with each other on their comfy padded chairs as if they didn't have a care in the world. Also the lav on the CRJ is a portal to hell

Haha, reality shock.

SWA TPA, good luck with Comair and thanks for helping me out with that Southwest question.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

IPFreely

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:22 am

Don't let regionals make you hate aviation. Life for you will be ten times harder than it is for any mainline flight attendant. Your planes will be broken perpetually. They will be unbearably hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. You'll come home and wash grease and soot from your hair and under your nails. Every part of your body will ache as you stand, shoved in the tiny galley, and greet passengers, listening to the pilots chat and joke with each other on their comfy padded chairs as if they didn't have a care in the world. Also the lav on the CRJ is a portal to hell.

Congrats and don't let this get you down. Any situation can be good or bad -- but a lot depends on you. Make the best of it and it will be great. Hopefully you will keep a.net updated with progress reports on your training and first assignments.

P.S. One of the comments above is correct. The lavs on CRJ's are not designed for human use.

Goldenshield

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:30 am

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 18):
P.S. One of the comments above is correct. The lavs on CRJ's are not designed for human use.

I think you got that quote wrong. He mentioned a portal to hell, and everytime I've used the lav on CRJ, I've never fought demon spawn.  Wink The lavs in the back of the -700 and -900 are damn near ADA compliant, though.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

N822ME

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:34 am

Your planes will be broken perpetually. They will be unbearably hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.

Sure you aren't talking about our -80s?

IPFreely

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:50 am

Quoting Goldenshield (Reply 19):
I think you got that quote wrong. He mentioned a portal to hell, and everytime I've used the lav on CRJ, I've never fought demon spawn.

I'll leave it to those who can actually fit in a CRJ lav and close the door at the same time to determine if it's a portal to hell.  Smile

Acey559

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:55 am

Quoting DLX737200 (Reply 9):
Comair is a great company to work for. I've been here for 13 months now and am proud to say I work for Comair.

I agree, OH is great. I've been a CSA for the past two summers and I hope to fly for them after I graduate college. The people are wonderful, haven't yet met a person I didn't like. Enjoy your time there, and if you stick around long enough I hope to have the pleasure of flying with you.  Wink

SWA TPA
Topic Author

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks for all the kind words! I expect it to be a hard job but I dont mind. I worked 8 years with Southwest and trust me, that was certainly no cake walk either!
I will be more than happy to just be up in the skies where I have always wanted to be. When I was a kid, I had dreams of flying for Piedmont but then US Airways came along and messed all that up for me! LOL!
I am quite happy when I am working hard and helping others. Its just what I enjoy doing. Throw aviation into it and I am in heaven  Wink

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

HowSwedeitis

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:38 am

Now that you're in, get out as soon as you can. Once you've done regional service, you can do anything. Plenty of good mainline carriers are hiring.

Wow... buzz kill!  hissyfit 

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 21):
I'll leave it to those who can actually fit in a CRJ lav and close the door at the same time to determine if it's a portal to hell

OOHHH! BURN!!  flamed   hyper 
Heja Sverige!!

National757

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:44 pm

Don't let regionals make you hate aviation. Life for you will be ten times harder than it is for any mainline flight attendant.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 7):
My time at the regionals was my best time in commercial aviation.

Wow talk about two different perspectives! Nutsy sounds a bit bitter (things sure haven't changed much in 5 years), don't let him get ya down. I have a lot of respect for our FA's. I sure wouldn't want to deal with our inebriated MFE and LRD Vegas passengers for one. Hope life at a regional isn't all doom and gloom.

Enjoy your experience and be sure to keep us updated Tara!

Best of luck!

Rich

[Edited 2007-07-22 05:47:07]

MCOflyer

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Congrats my friend. Do not change your s/n. I think it fits you well. Best of luck,

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

UAXDXer

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Just out of curiosity... could you not have gotten on as a flight attendant with Southwest? Why would you leave Southwest to go to a company like Comair?
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

SWA TPA
Topic Author

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:47 pm

I have not been with WN for the last 2 years. Also WN is not currently hiring, I checked  Smile

SWA TPA

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 27):
Just out of curiosity... could you not have gotten on as a flight attendant with Southwest? Why would you leave Southwest to go to a company like Comair?
I believe I can fly.....

UAXDXer

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Quoting SWA TPA (Reply 28):
I have not been with WN for the last 2 years. Also WN is not currently hiring, I checked

Ah... that clears it up. Congrats on the new job, nothing like having a job that you wanted to always do!
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

F9Animal

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:53 pm

Quoting TPA" class=quote target=_blank>SWA TPA (Reply 23):
Thanks for all the kind words! I expect it to be a hard job but I dont mind. I worked 8 years with Southwest and trust me, that was certainly no cake walk either!
I will be more than happy to just be up in the skies where I have always wanted to be. When I was a kid, I had dreams of flying for Piedmont but then US Airways came along and messed all that up for me! LOL!
I am quite happy when I am working hard and helping others. Its just what I enjoy doing. Throw aviation into it and I am in heaven Wink

SWA TPA

You lucky dog! Congrats!!!!!!  Smile

Your going to love it. It is what you want to do, and you can determine the fate of your future. Sure the job is no easy one, but what job really is anymore? You will do just fine, and I am excited for you. I have been tempted to try and get on as a flight attendant, but I just don't feel the time is right for me. When I do take the leap, I too know that I am going to love my job. If it means being stuck on a 12 seat trash can, or a 200 seat beauty, I am going to enjoy what I do.

I have had many friends take the jump to inflight, and they all love their jobs to this day. They seem to have gained an energy and a deeper passion for what they do in their lives now. You will gain many stories, and many memories. Be sure to let us know how your training goes, and enjoy!!!!
I Am A Different Animal!!

Acey559

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:14 am

Oh, and enjoy the flight benefits because we have some of the best in the indstry. I'm going to Zurich next month hopefully in Business (20 open seats right now in Biz, 90 total) for $29 round trip. I don't know any airline that can beat that! Wink

PExDCA

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:22 am

Quoting SWA TPA (Reply 23):
I am quite happy when I am working hard and helping others. Its just what I enjoy doing. Throw aviation into it and I am in heaven

Congrats! I hope this career brings you all the things you wish for yourself! It sounds like you have a great attitude for this job and the Comair folks were smart enough to recognize it.
"A single twig breaks, but the bundle of twigs is strong." - Tecumseh

mycrj17

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:59 pm

Well good for you, have fun in Covington, KY there are a few good bars down Main St, and the food at the G.O.'s cafe is the pits...

Matthew
GO CUBS GO!!!!!

RandyWaldron

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Congratulations! I certainly hope you enjoy your new career. My years as a Flight Attendant were some of the best of my life. Nothing beats sitting in the front end of a jet, though!

Enjoy - and most of all, HAVE FUN!
"Flaps 20, gear down, landing checklist please..."

N1120A

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:51 pm

Quoting SWA TPA (Thread starter):
Im finally going to fly!

Congrats.

Quoting SWA TPA (Reply 28):
Also WN is not currently hiring, I checked

As soon as they start, you should try and head back. There is a massive difference in the pay as well as quality of life.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

PGNCS

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:35 pm

listening to the pilots chat and joke with each other on their comfy padded chairs as if they didn't have a care in the world.

Who do you think you're kidding?

bcoz

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting Mycrj17 (Reply 33):
ave fun in Covington, KY there are a few good bars down Main St

Not to mention Skyline Chili....mmmmm... tasty!

bcoz

nycaviator

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 am

Congrats!
Good luck
Flying is like having eyes on the top of the world.

flyboy80

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:47 am

not all regionals are so bad. I get company paid health, "reasonable" pay, a great 401K option, profit sharing checks that make me happy, not to mention a lot of days off every month! Besides, I don't want to work a 14hr flight to Sydney and be exhausted once I get there. I would rather just non-rev out there and spend a couple days on my leisure time. Being in Sun Valley at the company condo for 28 hours, or in the Santa Rosa wine country for 32 this bid works just fine for me!  Smile

There will certainly be days where your new job will litterally be just a job, but you'll always remember why you are there and thats what counts, and often makes your time there great! Good luck in initial ground school!

threepoint

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 am

listening to the pilots chat and joke with each other on their comfy padded chairs as if they didn't have a care in the world.

US regional pilots? Comfy padded seats? Not a care in the world? Yeah...right.
The nice thing about a mistake is the pleasure it gives others.

SWA TPA
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:13 am

Quoting Threepoint (Reply 40):

LOL! My ex is a Comair pilot and he says the seats are FAR from comfortable. He actually rolls up a blanket and places it behind his back for a little lumbar support  Smile

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

Evan767

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 am

Enjoy flight benefits as well. You'll have a few more trips to take while your at DL then when you were at WN. Just think.... NRT, EZE, JNB, PSA, DXB, PVG.  Wink
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

mirrodie

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:07 am

Congrats! That is great.

I'll have to make an effort to take some close up shots of your a/c in the future
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos