Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Coke Vs. Pepsi On US Major Airlines

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:12 am

Is it me, or does Coke dominate the airline industry for beverage services on most US major airlines? Delta, Continental, and Southwest have served Coke products exclusively for a long time. United recently switched from Pepsi to Coke. American serves both Coke and Pepsi products. After US Airways (who served Coke) and America West (who served Pepsi) merged, Coke won their contract. The only US legacy airline that continues to serve Pepsi products exclusively is Northwest, but that may change soon once the contract expires, as SkyTeam signed an agreement with Coke before Northwest joined.

Pepsi seems to be losing ground to Coca-Cola for the beverage service on US airlines. Does anyone know why this is?

nwa757boy

RE: Coke Vs. Pepsi On US Major Airlines

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:19 am

Maybe because Coke offers a better contract over Pepsi. Or maybe the American consumer is accustomed to Coke.
When you ask a common passenger, "May I get you something to drink?" The response is almost always, "Coke." Rarely does anyone say, "Pepsi."
I know at NW I always say, "Is Pepsi okay?" or, "Is Sierra Mist okay?" when the pax ask for coke or sprite. I hope NW switches to Coke. Some flights are catered with Coke products at outstations, maybe by accident, we think it's a sign of the upcoming Delta/Northwest Merger Wink

LAXintl

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:24 am

I'm sure its the result of Coke being much more aggressive with their pricing. In addition airlines can make money back from beverage suppliers thru add placements and joint marketing deals.

Having been part of a beverage deal for a European airline several years back, such deals are far from being major profit makers for the beverage makers. If anything it simple ends up being another form of mass advertising for them having millions of captive passengers at their disposal.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

L1011Lover

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
Delta, Continental, and Southwest have served Coke products exclusively for a long time.

Really, can anyone see Delta serving Pepsi products??? That would be such a Faux Pas!!! LOL

I remember TWA served Pepsi products during heir final years in business. And other than flying TWA I´ve never seen Slice and Diet Slice (which was their variant "similar" to Sprite and Diet Sprite), not even in a store I think!

Does someone remember which products Pan Am servd? What was their beverage selection?

Best regards

L1011Lover

EFHK

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:28 am

Simple. Coke tastes better than Pepsi.  yummy 

SkyyMaster

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:31 am

Quoting L1011Lover (Reply 3):
Really, can anyone see Delta serving Pepsi products??? That would be such a Faux Pas!!! LOL

I was seated next to someone on a DL flight out of ATL. They asked for a Pepsi. I though the FA was going to have a heart attack. After telling the pax DL served only Coke products, he still didn't get it. I explained to him the hometown connection between Atlanta, Delta and Coke. He was like...."oh, Duh!".  silly 

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:17 am

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 1):
Some flights are catered with Coke products at outstations, maybe by accident, we think it's a sign of the upcoming Delta/Northwest Merger Wink

No, it is likely because that the contract will change to Coke once the current contract with Pepsi expires, as SkyTeam has made an alliance-wide contract before NW and KLM joined.

SLCUT2777

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 am

Delta, Continental, and Southwest have served Coke products exclusively for a long time.

Keep in mind that ATL is not only the headquarters for DL but also for Coke-a-Cola.

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 5):
DL flight out of ATL. They asked for a Pepsi. I though the FA was going to have a heart attack. After telling the pax DL served only Coke products, he still didn't get it. I explained to him the hometown connection between Atlanta, Delta and Coke. He was like...."oh, Duh!".  razz 

I suspect the fiery abyss will freeze over before you see DL serve Pepsi!  rotfl 

The only US legacy airline that continues to serve Pepsi products exclusively is Northwest, but that may change soon once the contract expires, as SkyTeam signed an agreement with Coke before Northwest joined.

Doesn't Star Alliance have a similar deal with Coke-a-Cola? My wife (from Canada) informs me AC also only serves Coke-a-Cola.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

ABQ747

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:30 am

Quoting EFHK (Reply 4):
Simple. Coke tastes better than Pepsi

yuck  The only good Cokes are the ones from Mexico that come in a glass bottle and are sweetened with real cane sugar, and not the regular high fructose corn syrup. Otherwise, Pepsi is better.  Wink

caetravlr

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 am

Well, my personal opinion is that Coke tastes 100 times better than Pepsi. Now that I have switched to drinking Diet Coke, the difference in taste between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi is greater than that of regular Coke and Pepsi. United used to serve Coke products exclusively, then signed a 5 year contract with Pepsi. Fortunately, when that contract expired this year, they resigned with Coke. I hated always getting Pepsi products, so I just drank coffee when flying UA until now.

You guys are right, it is not likely that Delta will ever serve Pepsi products. However, if Coke ever tried to strong arm Delta and expect them to get a contract that was out of line, I bet they would seriously consider Pepsi if the bid was that much better at contract renewal time. I seriously hope that never happens.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a parallel between having two large soft drink manufacturers and two large aircraft manufacturers bidding for each carriers business? Ok, there are not all of the technical and performance considerations, but it all comes down to the bottom line. However, in the US at least, it may also be a matter of the greater percentage of the passengers preferring Coke as well.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Type-Rated

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:56 am

Have you ever heard of a Rum & Pepsi? Bah!

I think that Coke tastes better too, IMHO.

Now, does Southwest serve Mountain Dew?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

rfields5421

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:46 am

You think the battle over Airbus and Boeing is nasty - it's got nothing on the cola wars.

Pepsi has given up on airlines, going more towards sports marketing.

BTW - I always get Dr. Pepper on Southwest and it's not a Coca-Cola product. But it is a home town product from their Texas base.
Not all who wander are lost.

ATLFlyer323

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:50 am

Pepsi seems to be losing ground to Coca-Cola for the beverage service on US airlines. Does anyone know why this is?

Another Ron this may be is because Coke is a beverage company. Pepsi on the other hand, controls Frito~Lay and Pizza Hut, etc., because of this Coke probably offers better contracts because that's how they make money! Pepsi has it's other (and HUGE $$ makers) so it doesn't have to compete as aggressively. (I'm sorry if this was badly put together, its late...:-P)

~Brandon

P.S. Now this is just what I hear, but is it true that Pepsi doesn't actually make money on it's drinks, but that most profits come from Frito-Lay and their fast food restaurants?

Thanks.
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

FL1TPA

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:58 am

I know NK (Spirit) still serves Pepsi products. AirTran serves Coke exclusively. AirTran has quite a wide variety now too. We get the promo stuff that Coke wants to push out there for people to try. Currently we stock Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Cherry Coke, Cherry Coke Zero, Coke Zero, Seagrams Ginger Ale, Tonic and Seltzer, Minute Maid orange, apple, lemonade and cran-apple juices. In fact the only non-Coke produced or distributed beverage we carry is Mr T's Bloody Mary Mix.

When I ask people what I can get them to drink and they say Pepsi, I usually come back with something like "Honey, we're based in Atlanta - it's illegall for us to serve Pepsi." That usually gets a chuckle.

FL1TPA
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue."

WDBRR

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am

Does anyone remember what Eastern served? Coke or Pepsi?

rfields5421

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:07 pm

Quoting ATLFlyer323 (Reply 12):
P.S. Now this is just what I hear, but is it true that Pepsi doesn't actually make money on it's drinks, but that most profits come from Frito-Lay and their fast food restaurants?

Pepsi makes no money from Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken or Taco Bell. Those companies were spun off 10 years ago, and Pepsi sold their last stock in Yum! Brands over five years ago. The 4.5 billion dollars in bonds for the spin off were paid off in six years, though Pepsi sold their bonds to investors a couple years before that.

Pepsi does have exclusive beverage agreements with Yum! Brands, which now includes Long John Silvers and A&W All American Foods. Those agreements extend to all 100+ countries where the QSR brands operate.

Pepsi has a significant presence in China, largely because KFC is the largest restaurant chain, in both number of outlets and amount of sales, in China. (Yes, I've worked for Yum since the week after the spin off in Oct 97.)

Pepsi still owns Frito-Lay, while it's profitable, the big money is in drinks. The can cost more to produce than the soda.

And Mountain Dew,
Lipton Iced Tea,
Tropicana juices
Aquafina water,
Gatorade,
Propel,
SoBe,
Starbucks branded Frappuccino and Doubleshot

They also own Quaker Oats and all their products, including the Rice-a-Roni brand

Like Coke, most of Pepsi's profit comes in the form of licensing and franchise fees paid by "Your local independent bottler".

Much of MacDonald's growth into the dominant brand was funded by Coca-Cola.

Pepsi has a dominate market share in many countries, but the US has never been one of them.

[Edited 2007-07-26 05:13:27]

From the Pepsi 2006 Annual Report
Net Revenue
31% - Frito Lay North America
27% - Pepsi Beverages North America
37% - Pepsico International
5% - Quaker Foods North America

[Edited 2007-07-26 05:19:26]

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Quoting WDBRR (Reply 14):
Does anyone remember what Eastern served? Coke or Pepsi?

Coke for sure.

atlaaron

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 7):
Doesn't Star Alliance have a similar deal with Coke-a-Cola? My wife (from Canada) informs me AC also only serves Coke-a-Cola.

It's Coca-Cola. Not Coke-a-Cola.

LAXorLGWonDL

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 11):
BTW - I always get Dr. Pepper on Southwest and it's not a Coca-Cola product. But it is a home town product from their Texas base.

This is one thing I actually like about SW.  Smile My roommate in ATL used to work at Coke's Headquarters and, if I remember correctly, Coke owns the rights to Dr. Pepper outside of the US, but not in the US because of anti-trust laws. I'm just going based on what they said a year or two ago, so please don't flame  flamed  me if it's changed.
Next Up: STR, JFK, ATL, TPA, ANC

mah584jr

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Is it me, or does Coke dominate the airline industry for beverage services on most US major airlines?

Not only does it dominate the airline industry but also the restaurant, movie theatre and fast food industries as well. Coke must be offering better deals to the airlines than Pepsi, because they are pretty much supplementary to most people.

Vctony

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:15 pm

The Dr. Pepper rights are a tangled mess of sorts. The rights are split 3 ways in the US. This means that in some markets Dr. Pepper is bottled by Coke, in some markets it is bottled by Pepsi, and in some markets it is bottled by the Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group. Out here in Arizona Dr. Pepper is bottled by Coke and is included in all Coke vending machines, restaurants, and grocery store sales. However, other Cadbury Schweppes products such as 7-Up, RC Cola, and Vernors are bottled by Kalil Bottling.

Someone83

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:18 pm

Of the *A carriers i Europa AFAIK, only bmi has Pepsi, while the rest has Coca Cola products

AlexPorter

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Pepsi seems prevalent at most sports arenas, probably a majority of restaurants (or about 50%), and get contracts with some companies that run restaurants like Sodexho, for instance. It's changing this year to Aramark, but for the past two years, Sodexho ran all restaurants on campus at Arizona State, even Burger King. Ironically, Burger King used Coca-Cola labeled cups since most Burger Kings have a contract with Coke, but at the one on campus they only served Pepsi! So you got Pepsi in a cup labeled Coke. Sun Devil Stadium was also like this. The only exceptions were vending machines (most if not all of which were Coke), and at the on-campus "convenience store" which sold bottles of both.

Anyway, what does jetBlue use? I ask because Pepsi is based up in White Plains - not far from NYC where jetBlue is based.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

n844aa

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 10):
Have you ever heard of a Rum & Pepsi? Bah!

I know a guy who swears this is the only way to mix a Cuba Libre with Jamaican rum. Maybe, maybe not -- I haven't tried it. I can't stand any Pepsi products, except for the sweet, sweet nectar of the hillbillies, Mountain Dew.

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 13):
When I ask people what I can get them to drink and they say Pepsi, I usually come back with something like "Honey, we're based in Atlanta - it's illegall for us to serve Pepsi." That usually gets a chuckle.

I don't know what it is about Atlanta, but between Delta, Coke, CNN, Home Depot, etc., that city really seems to have more than it's share of incredibly iconic companies.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Quoting N844AA (Reply 23):
I don't know what it is about Atlanta, but between Delta, Coke, CNN, Home Depot, etc., that city really seems to have more than it's share of incredibly iconic companies.

Don't forget about UPS. Go Brown!

CanadianNorth

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:52 pm

At Air North we serve both. Although we do stock more coke than pepsi; for example in the back galley pop cupboard on our 737s we have 15 coke and only 10 pepsi. The trolley also has more coke than pepsi, and then up front for J class we have three of each.

CanadianNorth
HS-748, like a 747 but better!

n844aa

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:55 pm

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 24):

UPS is Atlanta too?! I had no idea -- I guess I assumed they were based up somewhere near the Worldport. Don't know why I thought that. But that's another company that definitely fits within that category.

Good job, Atlanta -- I wish my adopted town of Houston could boast so many household names, aside from Enron.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

panamair

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:56 pm

Quoting L1011Lover (Reply 3):
Does someone remember which products Pan Am servd?

Pan Am served Pepsi. At one time, Don Kendall, the head of Pepsi, was actually on the Pan Am Board of Directors.

jamincan

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 15):
Pepsi does have exclusive beverage agreements with Yum! Brands, which now includes Long John Silvers and A&W All American Foods. Those agreements extend to all 100+ countries where the QSR brands operate.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but I'm quite certain that in Canada, A&W serves Coke products (and A&W root beer of course).

rfields5421

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Quoting Jamincan (Reply 28):
Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but I'm quite certain that in Canada, A&W serves Coke products (and A&W root beer of course).

We have worldwide agreements - however the company is only 10 years old and in some places previously existing contracts and agreements with other soda companies will still be in place for years. The transition with LJS and A&W will not be over night.

A few years ago the owner of the Pizza Hut franchise in Thailand decided that his chicken restaurant business was too profitable and important so all his stores left Pizza Hut - rather than him signing the joint company agreement which would not allow a Pizza Hut owner to own stores which compete with KFC.

I'm not certain about A&W in Canada, if they are even part of our network. Many A&W standalone franchise locations in the US are express locations in truck stops, etc. There of course they are not the soft drink source for the outlet. Some parts of the brands were sold outright in the past.

A&W's history is one of a great QSR which was destroyed and being slowly rebuilt. It was not a soda brand, but a hamburger chain for much of it's early life.

Those of you who are old enough will remember that A&W was the dominant US hamburger franchise outlet - much stronger than McDonalds. However it was also the only source of the A&W brand root beer. When the headquarters company entered negotiations with bottlers to distribute the soda in grocery stores - many franchisee's were upset.

The battle became so contentious that the majority of the A&W restaurants left the company. They felt the main company had become so focused on the retailing of the soft drink and was ignoring the restaurant business. Along with giving away a key marketing startegy by making A&W available outside the hamburger outlets.

Many of the stronger franchisee's joined together to create a new brand which is marketed in the US today as Sonic.

rfields5421

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Quoting Vctony (Reply 20):
The Dr. Pepper rights are a tangled mess of sorts. The rights are split 3 ways in the US. This means that in some markets Dr. Pepper is bottled by Coke, in some markets it is bottled by Pepsi, and in some markets it is bottled by the Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group. Out here in Arizona Dr. Pepper is bottled by Coke and is included in all Coke vending machines, restaurants, and grocery store sales. However, other Cadbury Schweppes products such as 7-Up, RC Cola, and Vernors are bottled by Kalil Bottling.

Yes, both Coke and Pepsi realized very early that the bottling company was the money maker, not the soft drink itself.

While brands such as Dr. Pepper, 7-Up and others tried to make their money on the soda, the bottlers gained rights to various products in markets.

Cadbury has moved much of the US bottling to their network over the past 12 years since they bought Dr. Pepper/7-Up, and worked to standardize the international situation. But it will take years and years.

Cadbury's US divisions - including Dr. Pepper/7-Up, Canada Dry and A&W Root Beer (a different company than A&W All American Foods) are up for sale according to many sources.

richierich

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 8):
The only good Cokes are the ones from Mexico that come in a glass bottle and are sweetened with real cane sugar, and not the regular high fructose corn syrup. Otherwise, Pepsi is better.

I realize that I am in the minority but I prefer Pepsi over Coke. I find Coke to be too carbonated and I prefer the sweeter taste of Pepsi. With that said, I am also a consumer and I realize that when I am out I take what is offered and 90% of the time it seems to be Coke - which doesn't bother me at all. Every airline I've ever been on serves Coke, except for Virgin Atlantic??? I swear they served Virgin Cola a few years back but I am not sure if this is still the case.

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 30):
Cadbury's US divisions - including Dr. Pepper/7-Up, Canada Dry and A&W Root Beer (a different company than A&W All American Foods) are up for sale according to many sources

Cadbury also owns (and is selling) Snapple brand iced tea products. Several airlines also have Snapple available.
None shall pass!!!!

TuRbUleNc3

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:10 pm

Wasnt too long ago i found out that coca cola was originally made with cocaine : jeez im deprived of information.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Where´s the point? This is an airliners forum, not a Coke vs. Pepsi judgement forum Sad

B52overSMF

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:39 am

You know, if there's Sierra Mist in the air eventually it'll form Mountain Dew.

Mountain Dewpoint?

Sorry, I had to.  Big grin
Conqueror of air molecules.

navymmw

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 am

I wish airlines started to serve moutian dew, even though it is a pepsi product.

I like Coke better then Pepsi, but I like the Pepsi corp better then the Coke corp.

EXAAUADL

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting N844AA (Reply 23):
don't know what it is about Atlanta, but between Delta, Coke, CNN, Home Depot, etc., that city really seems to have more than it's share of incredibly iconic companies.

ATL is the gem in the city's economic growth....it always has been, before planes, it was ATL as a train hub.

bcoz

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:24 am

I remember back in 1999 when I flew TW for the first time. I was so excited because I'd never flown on a carrier that had served Pepsi products (and by that point I had been flying for 17 years or so on a bunch of carriers). It was so wierd to ask for a Pepsi on a plane!

FWIW, I favor "regular" Coke and Diet Pepsi.... although I tend to drink a lot more Diet Pepsi than anything else.

bcoz

ATLFlyer323

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 am

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 15):
RFields5421

Wow, thank you so much. Also thanks for not being rude in proving me wrong, for that welcome to my RR users list!

Quoting N844AA (Reply 26):
UPS is Atlanta too?! I had no idea -- I guess I assumed they were based up somewhere near the Worldport. Don't know why I thought that. But that's another company that definitely fits within that category.

Good job, Atlanta -- I wish my adopted town of Houston could boast so many household names, aside from Enron

ATL is HQ to many companies:
Delta
Coke (who my dad works for, so drink as much as you want...I need someone to pay for my college :-P )
Home Depot
UPS
World Airlines
Arby's
Chick-fil-A
Earthlink
Equafax
Georgia-Pacific
Oxford Industries
Southern Company
SunTrust Banks (Where the Coke original formula is in a vault somewhere if I remember correctly)
Waffle House
The Weather Channel
and Anything owned by Ted Turner
O and Opre and Integrity Linens (my mom owns.... :-P) but y'all will have never heard of them.

~Brandon
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:12 am

Pepsi has given up on airlines, going more towards sports marketing.

Don't most ballparks serve Pepsi products now? I remember several years ago when Ken Griffey moved to the Cincinnati Reds and the ballpark switched from Coca-Cola to Pepsi because of Griffey's sponsorship with Pepsi.

Also, Pepsi seems to be hitting up the amusement park industry. Most of the parks I've been to recently serve Pepsi. Anheuser Busch parks serve Pepsi (Busch Gardens, SeaWorld). Cedar Point did as well, which I presume means all Cedar Fair owned parks, including the Paramount owned parks they recently purchased. Holiday World in Indiana serves Pepsi. AFAIK, Disney still sells Coca-Cola products, as does Six Flags. Not sure about the Universal Parks.

You think the battle over Airbus and Boeing is nasty - it's got nothing on the cola wars.

That's usually the ananology I use when trying to explain A vs B to some of my non-aviation oriented friends. (Coke being Boeing, Pepsi being Airbus, and Coke being better than Pepsi, of course.  duck   biggrin  )

I had to look it up to believe it. I could have sworn they were headquartered in Louisville near their mega-hub.

Good job, Atlanta -- I wish my adopted town of Houston could boast so many household names, aside from Enron

What about CO?  confused 
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

AF340

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:22 am

Quoting Navymmw (Reply 35):
I wish airlines started to serve moutian dew

checkmark 
In Canada, Mountain Dew isn't allowed caffeine so whenever I'm on NW I order three of them.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:51 am

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 13):
I know NK (Spirit) still serves Pepsi products.

Actually, Spirit swtiched to Coke last fall:
http://www.spiritair.com/welcome.aspx?pg=policies#during

darkblue

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:08 am

Quoting AF340 (Reply 40):
In Canada, Mountain Dew isn't allowed caffeine so whenever I'm on NW I order three of them.

Mountain Dew without the caffeine??? then what's the point?  Smile

ConcordeBoy

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:15 am

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 1):
The response is almost always, "Coke."

Careful with that though, particularly when in (of all places) the SouthEast.
Someone asking for "a coke" could essentially be requesting Dr.Pepper, Sprite, or hell Barq's.

Good job, Atlanta -- I wish my adopted town of Houston could boast so many household names, aside from Enron.

....you're ~joking~ with this, right?
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

smokeyrosco

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:23 am

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 8):
The only good Cokes are the ones from Mexico that come in a glass bottle and are sweetened with real cane sugar, and not the regular high fructose corn syrup

Don't care about the bottle type but damn the cane suger thing is through, I can't stand the coke in the US, we use real suger over here and it just dosen't compare
John Hancock

bcoz

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:26 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 39):
Don't most ballparks serve Pepsi products now?

Just about every ballpark and arena that I can think of that I've been to in recent times serves Pepsi products. Of course, I tend to partake in AB or Miller products while I'm there so.... Smile

Back when I was at school at the University of Missouri, we were a Coke campus. There was only one place where you could get Pepsi products on camps (due to the fact that it was a privately run bookstore seperate from the University). That used to drive one of my Pepsi-drinking friends nuts. I believe they just switched to Pepsi when the Coke contract was up not long ago.

Quoting AF340 (Reply 40):
In Canada, Mountain Dew isn't allowed caffeine

Is that part of the national healthcare system?  Smile

upsmd11

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 10):
Now, does Southwest serve Mountain Dew?

If they don't they should -- the passengers with the Wal-mart bags as luggage would drink 'em quick.

Yeah, UPS is HQ in Atlanta too -- my employer in SDF.

SDF is the Worldport sorting facility and also the HQ of UPS Airlines but the CEO of UPS and all of the staff functions are in Atlanta on Glenlake Parkway.

Cheers,
John

atlaaron

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:08 am

ATL is such an incredible city. I deeply miss it.

Fairchild24

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:37 am

Dear All

When we are into soft-drinks and Airline, can anyone tell me why they are so small
It´s very annoying because you always need 2 of them.
Some LCC has started with regular 33cl cans but a lot of legacy carriers persist with the smaller cans.

Cheers

Göran
Radial engine does not leak oil, they only mark there territory

nwa757boy

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 6):
No, it is likely because that the contract will change to Coke once the current contract with Pepsi expires, as SkyTeam has made an alliance-wide contract before NW and KLM joined.

I was only joking/being sarcastic....sorry I wasn't clear enough for you.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 43):
Careful with that though, particularly when in (of all places) the SouthEast.
Someone asking for "a coke" could essentially be requesting Dr.Pepper, Sprite, or hell Barq's.

Very true.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos