Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zeke
Topic Author

SQ Wins 2007 Airline Of The Year

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:12 pm

from http://www.worldairlineawards.com/main/aoy-2007-release.htm

"This is the second time in the history of the World Airline Awards that Singapore Airlines has emerged as overall winner, and we congratulate them on this outstanding achievement. In a survey of this scale and duration, our data section have seen the top 5 positions fluctuate on quite a regular basis, and we would highlight the performance of these other airlines - Thai Airways (up from 4th in 2006), Cathay Pacific (a former winner, 3rd), Qatar Airways in 4th (a new entrant to the Top 5 group), and Qantas in 5th position. "

The following awards have been assigned:
Best Cabin Staff - Malaysia Airlines
Best Inflight Entertainment - Emirates
Best First Class - Qatar Airways
Best Business Class - Singapore Airlines
Best Economy Class - Korean Air
Best First Class Catering - Gulf Air
Best Business Class Catering - Austrian
Best Economy Class Catering - Etihad Airways
Best First Class Lounge - Thai Airways
Best Business Class Lounge - Virgin Atlantic
Best Airline Alliance - Star Alliance
Best Transatlantic Airline - British Airways
Best Transpacific Airline - Qantas
Best Low-Cost Airline - Jetstar Airways (Europe: Air Berlin Asia: Air Asia Africa: Kulula Australia/Pacific: Jetstar Airways Middle East: Air Arabia North America: jetBlue South America: Gol)
“Don't be a show-off. Never be too proud to turn back. There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.” E. Hamilton Lee, 1949

san747

RE: SQ Wins 2007 Airline Of The Year

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Surprise, surprise... no US-based airlines in there! Oh well, maybe UA can sneak in there with their new business seat. How respected/legitimate is the organization giving these awards? Is this OAG/ERA?

Thanks, your semi-ignorant colleague,
Alex  Smile
Scotty doesn't know...

karan69

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Congrats to SQ on the award.

Quoting Zeke (Thread starter):
Best Economy Class - Korean Air

Thats really surprising since most of their aircrafts are not even equipped with PTVs

Karan

jakob77

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:30 pm

great!! congrads to SQ!!!
i know you're always better than CX!!

zeke
Topic Author

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Quoting San747 (Reply 1):
How respected/legitimate is the organization giving these awards? Is this OAG/ERA?

No its skytrax, http://www.skytraxresearch.com/General/profile.htm

Best airline normally goes to a 5 star airline as they have overall a better product. They are Asiana Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Cathay Pacific Airways, they are all service orientated airlines.

Some background on the star system, http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/star_system.htm

BTW, you are not the first American to think US airlines should be higher up, this is what they had to say

Quote:
What about the nationality bias ?

This is not an issue, although there will always be some who insist that one nationality achieves a better service standard than others.

In particular, we find that some US citizens are critical of lower rankings applied to American carriers, and appear to have a much higher perception of their countries airline standards when contrasted with say a European or Asian passenger.

However, when assessing service and product quality, the first approach is centred on the "international" style applied, and this is then tempered with the way other nationalities are handled - how does an Arabic customer with different expectations to say a Texan passenger, perceive the final standards of product and service delivered.

There can be great strength in retaining the "national" identity and core values for each airline - but only if this is retained in such a way that a truly international, and more tolerant approach can be applied.
“Don't be a show-off. Never be too proud to turn back. There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.” E. Hamilton Lee, 1949

Coal

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Not surprising at all, but I am surprised MH came on top of SQ in terms of cabin staff.

Either way, congrats to SQ! I guess that's the reason I'm now Solitaire PPS  wink 

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

JoKeR

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Well done to SQ!

Surprising to see that EK's awards are dwindling by the year...

Then again, these awards are as objective as....  censored 

PM

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:28 pm

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2007/AirlineYear-2007.htm

The top 10 airlines are:

1. Singapore
2. Thai
3. Cathay
4. Qatar
5. Qantas
6. Malaysia
7. Air New Zealand
8. China Airlines
9. Emirates
10. British Airways

Interesting to three see Star Alliance airlines in the top ten. There are also three Oneworld airlines but there are NONE from SkyTeam. Also note that four of the top ten aren't in any alliance...

And nice to see BA as the only European there.

express1

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Good news to see SQ winning the Airline of the year 2007, well done and i wasn't suprised by this as i always thought that Singapore Airlines are one of the best.

on the Best low cost airline, Easyjet and Ryanair never got a look in!!! oh well, it seems that they both have a lot to learn and more hard work to do.

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

sparklehorse12

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:44 pm

After doing SQ from BNE to BKK via SIN I am not surprised at all. Superior in every possible way. Surprising to find QF in there anywhere.
Airlines Flown : QF,NW,AA, CX, AC, MH, SQ, DJ, NZ, TG, PG,US, FJ, J8, AN, DD, JQ

9MMAR

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 pm

From the Malaysian Aviation Thread 5.

Quoting 9MMAR (Reply 86):
Skytrax's World Airline Awards 2007 has been announced and both Malaysian national champions (MH and AK) made the country so proud! Congratulation.

Here are the results involving the Malaysian carriers.

Malaysia Airlines

Airline of the Year - 6th (2006 - 9th)

Best Cabin Staff - Winner (2006 - 3rd)

Best Catering: Economy Class - 3rd (2006 - 9th)

Best First Class Lounge: KUL - 6th

Best Business Class Lounge: KUL - 6th

Best First Class - 4th

Best Business Class - 4th

Best Economy Class - 2nd (2006 - Winner)

AirAsia

Best Low Cost Airline: Asia - Winner

Best Low Cost Airline: South East Asia - Winner

Now let see how KUL fares in Skytrax's World Airport Awards 2007 which is going to be announced next week.

Quoting Coal (Reply 5):
but I am surprised MH came on top of SQ in terms of cabin staff.

No intention to spark yet another MH vs SQ thingy, MH is Skytrax's World Best Cabin Staff for 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007!

vv701

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:26 pm

SQ were also awarded the OAG 2007 award for Best International First Class Service and Best Asian Airline. However BA was the big winner in those awards winning:

OAG Airline of the Year
Best Transatlantic Airline
Best Europe-Australasia Airline
Best West Europe Airline

More at:
http://www.oag.com/Airline+of+the+Year/current_winners_2007

Pieinthesky

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Skytrax is a farce, as are most of the awards dished out by some no mark organisation or other on a weekly basis.

Norcal773

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:19 pm

SQ wins another award... Gee, what a surprise!  yawn 
If you're going through hell, keep going

col

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Congrats to SQ, just got off the HKG-SIN 773ER and you can see why they win awards. They do however have a real mixed bag of IFE, which is rather strange. Just waiting to get on board MAN flight, so we will see how the 772ER works out.

OHLHD

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Best Business Class Catering - Austrian

That is a surprise to see OS here, but good for them on their way back up.  Smile

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 6):
Then again, these awards are as objective as....

Very well said!

ikramerica

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:45 pm

Quoting Zeke (Reply 4):
However, when assessing service and product quality, the first approach is centred on the "international" style applied, and this is then tempered with the way other nationalities are handled - how does an Arabic customer with different expectations to say a Texan passenger, perceive the final standards of product and service delivered.

There can be great strength in retaining the "national" identity and core values for each airline - but only if this is retained in such a way that a truly international, and more tolerant approach can be applied.

Sounds like they created a specific anti-american (as well as to some extent an anti-any other nation) bias in these ratings. If your airline offers service that is culturally specific, seems like you lose points. If JL is "too japanese" or CO is "too American" you get knocked down, but if your airline is homogenized to the point you don't know which country it is based in (EK and it's imported crews), you get more points?

Doesn't that mean that they reward lack of regional character? Isn't part of traveling experiencing different cultures? I'm not saying USA airlines are tops, because they aren't, but using this methodology could be offensive to people of all nations. Air France is likely "too french" for SkyTraxx, for example.

I also question China Airlines in the top ten.

Quoting PM (Reply 7):
Interesting to three see Star Alliance airlines in the top ten. There are also three Oneworld airlines but there are NONE from SkyTeam

Skyteam are mostly 2-class airlines. This survey seems to give high weighting to first class product in the overall ratings, thus overall, you won't see SkyTeam in there.

For individual categories, however, you will see them.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

AEROFAN

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:46 pm

oh for pete's sake. this is from skytrax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i should care - why?

admittedly i do agree that sq is indeed the best in the world - because i have flown them. not because of some rating
by a dubious bunch of people.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison~

Zone1

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:16 am

Surprise, surprise... no US-based airlines in there! Oh well, maybe UA can sneak in there with their new business seat.

B6 was rated best LCC in North America. I really doubt we will see UA on there at any time. AC and DL's new BusinessElite are pretty much the same as the UA seat. So nothing special there.

Quoting PM (Reply 7):
There are also three Oneworld airlines but there are NONE from SkyTeam.

Hopefully at some point MH will join SkyTeam.
/// U N I T E D

pilotdude09

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:57 am

Best First Class Lounge - Thai Airways

Suprised QF didnt snag that one??
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

EDICHC

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:07 am

Absolutely no surprise to me. SQ are tops!!!

I hope the SQ management show sufficient appreciation to their dedicated, professional and hard working staff, as it is them who in my opinion, have brought SQ this hugely merited award.
A300/319/320/346 ATR72 B722/732/3/4/5/6/8/742/4/752/762/3/772/3 BAC111 BAe146 C172 DHC1/6/8 HS121 MD80 PA28

JoFMO

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 16):

Sounds like they created a specific anti-american (as well as to some extent an anti-any other nation) bias in these ratings. If your airline offers service that is culturally specific, seems like you lose points. If JL is "too japanese" or CO is "too American" you get knocked down, but if your airline is homogenized to the point you don't know which country it is based in (EK and it's imported crews), you get more points?

I reckon it is just a polite way to explain their crappy service as 'cultural specific'. Sometimes you don't name the horse by its name, but it seems quite obvious what they mean....

But there certainly it is a danger being too cultural specific. The result is that all airlines basically have the same food nowadays.
Just imagine Japanese airlines would only serve raw fish, German ones pork and American ones beef burgers.

Norcal773

Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:59 am

Has anybody who has flown the new J busness class on the 773ER think it's 'too wide'? I've flown it a few times and honestly, I don't care much for it. The bed is ok but the seat is uncomfortable I think because it's too hard and too wide. I prefer the 'old' SQ business class.

ebj1248650

Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting PM (Reply 7):
The top 10 airlines are:

1. Singapore
2. Thai
3. Cathay
4. Qatar
5. Qantas
6. Malaysia
7. Air New Zealand
8. China Airlines
9. Emirates
10. British Airways

Have Lufthansa, ANA, Japan Airlines, SAS or Swissair ever been listed among the top ten? When I was stationed in Europe some years ago, I got the impression Lufthansa was among the best. And I'm surprised BA doesn't rank higher.
Dare to dream; dream big!

ZKSUJ

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:38 am

I am suprised to see Air NZ in the number 7 position, seeing as we don't qualify for a First class carrier.

A personal opinion is that any of those top ten can give you a great product, on any given day. Anyway, congrats and well done to SQ and I hope that airline's standards don't slip like many are saying.

ikramerica

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:11 am

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 21):
I reckon it is just a polite way to explain their crappy service as 'cultural specific'. Sometimes you don't name the horse by its name, but it seems quite obvious what they mean....

Not really. It's only one factor. They also weight first class very highly, and only 2 american carriers have first. And on AA, it's only on one fleet.

NZ made it due to a very obvious attention to improving their product recently. New J, new Y+, new planes, upgrade in uniforms, etc., etc.

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 24):
A personal opinion is that any of those top ten can give you a great product, on any given day.

Very true. For the most part. But it's also true that 7 of them have little or no "domestic" product to weigh them down. It's something I've noticed quite a bit in how these ratings work. "City States" have the best airlines because they offer nearly entirely international flights on almost entirely widebody aircraft, and can charge international fares.

I think what keeps JL and AF off the list, for example, is that they are "burdened" by having to offer domestic service that isn't luxurious, and it "soils" the reputation of those carriers overall. And it's very true for USA airlines, where international product is often good to very good, but then people have to connect to domestic flights to finish their trip, and the nice experience they had goes down the crapper, because they blame the airline for the airport they connect in, and then get annoyed they are all of a sudden in a CRJ200 for the final leg of their trip. But if the same passenger connects from SQ to a USA domestic carrier, the reputation of SQ on the international segment is kept pristine.

It's no wonder that QF is so keen on splintering it's operations so that it can not "be blamed" for the service on airlines it connects you to, even if it owns them...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

wunala

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:40 am

Quoting Pilotdude09 (Reply 19):
Suprised QF didnt snag that one??

They have only just opened the ones in SYD and MEL. I was in SYD last week, and I think that it will be #1 next year. It was an amazing lounge, with good food and service.

But I fail to see how JQ could win best low cost airline. I would love to see the breakdown of the votes on that one. Despite being a loyal QF fan, if my choice was JQ or DJ, it would be DJ.

HanginOut

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:43 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 25):
for USA airlines, where international product is often good to very good, but then people have to connect to domestic flights to finish their trip, and the nice experience they had goes down the crapper, because they blame the airline for the airport they connect in, and then get annoyed they are all of a sudden in a CRJ200 for the final leg of their trip. But if the same passenger connects from SQ to a USA domestic carrier, the reputation of SQ on the international segment is kept pristine.

I have to disagree with you when you say USA airlines have an international product that is "often good to very good". I've flown USA carriers and international carriers, and all of the international carriers that I have travelled on have found their product to have been better. I would say that the USA airlines have an acceptable product (especially for Y class), but that their F and C classes leave a lot to be desired (although it looks as if this is changing with some of the new products coming out of UA and DL). I'm not saying that all international carriers are better than USA airlines, but the ones listed above are better than USA carriers.

Also, I just wanted to say that I think that USA carriers could improve their services enough across the board so that they're not just competing with the international carriers listed above, but beating them as well. Unfortunately, it seem that USA carriers are just not structurally able to do so. The bottom line is king with USA carriers and they just don't find it worth their while to offer a truly competitive product, they just offer a product that most Americans will find acceptable.

trex8

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:24 am

I also question China Airlines in the top ten.

they do have good service, though it may be a once in a lifetime experience  Wink

ozglobal

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 am

Doesn't that mean that they reward lack of regional character? Isn't part of traveling experiencing different cultures? I'm not saying USA airlines are tops, because they aren't, but using this methodology could be offensive to people of all nations. Air France is likely "too french" for SkyTraxx, for example.

As others have said, it is a little precious to play the victim (anti-American) when it is well established that US carrier's international products are generally markedly inferior to the majority of leading airlines in the world. I call US carriers' products lousy because they are, not because they're American. Improve them and I'll praise them.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

hoons90

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:21 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 2):

Not true anymore, At least 16 of their 744s have AVOD in Economy now. Most US routes such as LAX, SEA, LAS, ORD, JFK, ATL, IAD etc. and major European routes such as LHR, CDG and FRA receive upgraded aircraft with AVOD in all classes, with over 40 movie selections.
Flown: 2L 7C 9E 9L AA AB AC AF AY AZ BA BR BX B6 CA CO CP CX DL EK EY JL KE KL LA LH LX MQ NW OZ PD RW SQ TG TP TR TS US WG WN WS XE XJ

777law

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:28 am

Quoting PM (Reply 7):
but there are NONE from SkyTeam.

KE was voted best Economy Class product. They're Skyteam. . .
If its not a Boeing I ain't going

QantasAirways

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:44 am

Congrats to SQ on snagging number one! also, QF for coming 5th, well done!
Spirit of Australia

hodja

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting OzGlobal (Reply 29):
I call US carriers' products lousy because they are, not because they're American.

Amen to that. I just don't think quality of service is a factor in contemporary US airline culture. The market has voted: They want cheap fares, period.

Incidentially, this trend will sooner or later spill over into the rest of the World. Let's see how SQ looks like in 50 years.

But fair enough. It certainly *is* true, that the business of SQ (and EK, CX) has a quite privileged position compared to most other countries carriers. They're operating exclusively out of a major high yield business hub like SIN, and they only handle international flights.

In comparison it would be like US carriers only had to fly internationally, and only fly out of NYC.

singaporegirl

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:51 pm

too bad that sia doesn't really care about sky"trash" award hehehe.... mr forshaw said (in january 2007), "skytrax is not the benchmark by which we measure our performance against other airlines, and we don't treat a single click-to-vote award as a representation of the airline's total performance. for the record, nor did we when we topped the skytrax award in 2004."

sia only cares about the conde nast award, for its premium cabin pax demography - aka our bread & butter.
Ladies & Gentlemen, we will now demonstrate the use of the safety equipment on this aircraft...

chrisrad

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Congrats to MH winning Best Cabin Staff, I am currently on a RTW with them and they have been better than ever
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

Norcal773

Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:11 pm

Quoting Singaporegirl (Reply 34):
mr forshaw said (in january 2007),

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Love the 'Mr. Forshow' name.

Ansett767

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:02 pm

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 18):
Surprise, surprise... no US-based airlines in there! Oh well, maybe UA can sneak in there with their new business seat.

B6 was rated best LCC in North America. I really doubt we will see UA on there at any time. AC and DL's new BusinessElite are pretty much the same as the UA seat. So nothing special there.

Seat will never help UA! Have you travelled in J class with them recently? I have and put them about... LAST on my list in terms of service which would make up a significant part of the score, as well as food, entertainment, and all other associated products with Business class so unfortunatelty I have to agree that I doubt we will see them here in the near future!

LA888

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:38 pm

If you guys knew how these skytrax people work, you would indeed agree that to a large degree these ratings are farcical. Its supposed to be anonymous reporting but Im not sure how much integrity is in their SOP when the CEO of the Skytrax organisation is now so anonymous when he travels that he calls the airlines CEO and asks for the best seat in the house. I guess that apart from the 'assistance' with hotels and entertainment QR!!.

Aside from that, I dont buy the US argument. In general the service you receive on US carriers is very second rate compared to the likes of SQ/CX and TG/MH.

readytotaxi

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:20 pm

So who is the independant body we should be looking at to make these awards creditable?
Does one exist ?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

PM

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:18 pm

Quoting 777law (Reply 31):
KE was voted best Economy Class product. They're Skyteam. . .

But they aren't in the top ten:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2007/AirlineYear-2007.htm

That was what my post was about.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 25):
I think what keeps JL and AF off the list, for example, is that they are "burdened" by having to offer domestic service that isn't luxurious, and it "soils" the reputation of those carriers overall.

Surely a problem that BA (10th) and QF (5th) also face?

Skyteam are mostly 2-class airlines.

AF and KE have First and didn't make the top ten. NZ doesn't have First but did. Think of another reason.  Wink

This survey seems to give high weighting to first class product in the overall ratings, thus overall, you won't see SkyTeam in there. For individual categories, however, you will see them.

"Best Economy Class" : Korean. That's it.

schipholjfk

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:12 am

With all due respect to JetStar, Kingfisher of India far outstrips any low cost carrier. I have flown in both airlines and JetStar is not even close. However, some may consider Kingfisher a full cost carrier.
The fun of flying... love it !!!

schipholjfk

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:42 am

REGIONAL WINNERS?

Best Airline : Central Asia
Jet Airways

Jet Airways of India? Didn't know India is Central Asia. last time I checked Mongolia, Uzbekistan, etc. are considered Central Asia. Indian Sub-continent was NEVER part of Central Asia.
The fun of flying... love it !!!

Aleksandar

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 am

Well, I am a litttle bit surprised that Virgin Atlantic is not ranked higher in more cateogries
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

zeke
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 am

Quoting Schipholjfk (Reply 42):

Jet Airways of India? Didn't know India is Central Asia. last time I checked Mongolia, Uzbekistan, etc. are considered Central Asia. Indian Sub-continent was NEVER part of Central Asia.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/images/asian_continent.jpg

vv701

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:59 am

Quoting HanginOut (Reply 27):
The bottom line is king with USA carriers and they just don't find it worth their while to offer a truly competitive product, they just offer a product that most Americans will find acceptable.

In the 2006 awards BA was top (and is top this year in the OAG awards) and in the same year was second only to FedEx in terms of total net profit. Could this be because you need to offer a truly competitive product in you are focused on your bottom line? To me a mediocre product will lead to a mediocre profit, a loss or possibly bankruptcy.

SQA350

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:10 pm

congrats to SQ, they deserve it in every way!

Thai is second??????? I will never understand this. They might have been ok a few years ago. Just had 2 bad experiences with TG longhaul business class; lousy service!
"No more window seats in business class, sir!" "Any in economy? Yes? Then downgrade me!"

Pieinthesky

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Quoting Readytotaxi (Reply 39):
So who is the independant body we should be looking at to make these awards creditable?
Does one exist ?

Nope, they're all a load of nonsense. The ONLY way to find out if an airline is any good, is to get on board yourself and try them out.

EK156

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Just a question out of curiosity. Do the airlines care much about this award as much as their business? I mean even if BA came 10th... does that mean their business is bad? Theoretically, EK & BA could be making more money than CX, SQ and Thai.... and even Qatar Airways... so how does teh award help?

Just cuirious to know

Norcal773

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:50 pm

Quoting EK156 (Reply 48):
Just a question out of curiosity. Do the airlines care much about this award as much as their business? I mean even if BA came 10th... does that mean their business is bad? Theoretically, EK & BA could be making more money than CX, SQ and Thai.... and even Qatar Airways... so how does teh award help?

You sure didn't read the whole thread. as mentioned earlier, SQ could care less and I doubt all the other airlines give a rat's a$$ about this award.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos