Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyAZA

Allegiant To Start "Hub" At IWA (Phoenix/ Mesa)

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:46 am

Quoting MrCoffee (Reply 49):
Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 48):hey have some old, old open air hangars next to the terminal that is rusting to bits. They should tear those down and make way for a bigger parking lot, maybe a double floor parking garage like T2 has at PHX.
Yeah, that would probably be a good idea.

I remember at the last couple of Open Houses the airport had, they had diagrams up that showed the 'real' passenger terminal off of Ellsworth. Don't recall what dates it estimated, though.

Looking at their construction updates (http://www.flywga.org/content/PND/ConstructionUpdates.pdf), they mention that construction that is just south of the terminal, which is going to be new parking, so that will help in the meantime.

Hey folks, just joined the party at A.net. Working for Williams I can help with a few things discussed above.

As someone else said, there are other posts on the code change, but in short a couple of months ago we changed it to AZA with IATA, but FAA said there were too many documents (too much cost) for them to consider chaning IWA in their books. AZA sounds much cooler for Arizona's new Airport. This is the code that all airlines will be using for their ticket sales and Web sites. By the way, IWA was chosen (as I've heard - urban legend?) because the guy who submitted the paperwork for that designation was named Irwin and he decided to submit his initials before he left the airport. True or not it is kind of funny.

The hangar in question next to the terminal is actually on the historic registry and we couldn't even repaint it without two lawyers, 563 spools of red tape, and an iron will. They stay for a while. In any case, they are currently used for storing GSE and we even have a Commermorative Air Force F4U Corsair in front it. Come check it out. They were both built around the same time.

New parking is being built south of the terminal right now and there are several hundred spaces available. FREE!

The new passenger terminal (the permanent one) will be built on the northeast side of the airport with direct connections to the Loop 202 freeway and a future city center type of development. No timeframe, but the current terminal could handle about 325,000 enplanements with some slight modification. Given that a new terminal could take 5 years front start of serious planning to opening, the discussion about a start date is gaining speed.

Also, the name change to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport goes to the Board of Directors in September.

Lost in the shuffle is that Vision Holidays will be adding service to Long Beach this fall pending FAA approvals.

itsnotfinals
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:09 am

Thanks for the excellent post and welcome to A.net!!

I live within 5 miles of AZA / IWA and have been hoping for commerical service of some significance ever since I moved to the East Valley. This new development should really help with adding momentum for other carriers to looking into Gateway.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

g4resagent

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:28 am

Quoting Phxplanes (Reply 24):
I saw an Alligiant plane parked at the ramp around 230 at Gateway today.

Quoting MrCoffee (Reply 47):
What does there MD-80's hold?

Our 87's hold 130 and the 83's hold 150.

Cactus742

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:00 am

I cannot believe how many people are questioning AZ as a tourist destination. I have lived in Phoenix since 1986. Without a doubt, Arizona and especially Phoenix is a tourist mecca for people coming from cooler climates to enjoy Arizona's GORGEOUS fall, winter and spring weather. There is a reason why the PGA Tour is able to come through Scottsdale in February (the FBR Open is the same weekend as the Super Bowl) and that 12 baseball teams call Arizona their spring training home. The weather is amazing and there are tons of locals who have moved here from the midwest as well as those who still live where it's cold who come to visit their family, take advantage of the sunshine, see their home team play baseball in March, go to the Grand Canyon, visit Sedona, etc. etc. etc.

Arizona is a bona fide tourist destination. Allegiant knew what it was doing in choosing AZ. It may not have the same destination status that Las Vegas has but it certainly holds its own as a tourism hot spot.

And by the way, kudos to Williams Gateway for securing this! It's about time. I'm sure the Mayors of the airport authority cities are doing cartwheels right about now.

[Edited 2007-08-02 03:06:53]
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

722 732/3/4/5/5/6/7/8/9 744 752/3 763 772/3 788/9 319 320 321 332/3 388 MD82/83/88/90 CR1/2/7/9 E140/145/170/175/190 DH8-1/3 Q400 S340

AirframeAS

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:19 am

Quoting FlyAZA (Reply 50):
The new passenger terminal (the permanent one) will be built on the northeast side of the airport with direct connections to the Loop 202 freeway and a future city center type of development.

You're talking about a whole brand new terminal right? If so, that explains why Hawes Road isn't built yet, but the off ramp exits on Loop 202 are built, but closed. That could be the new road to the new terminal, perhaps?

Hey folks, just joined the party at A.net.

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS!  Silly

The hangar in question next to the terminal is actually on the historic registry and we couldn't even repaint it without two lawyers, 563 spools of red tape, and an iron will.

Those hangars are a friggin eyesore sight. It looks totally abandoned.

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 51):
I live within 5 miles of AZA / IWA and have been hoping for commerical service of some significance ever since I moved to the East Valley.

IWA has been trying for years to get some decent commerical service. The most ongoing 'commerical' service is the DOJ flights using a 734 and various M88's. Your hopes will eventually come true....but it's gonna take awhile. Its up to IWA to attract some decent carriers.

Quoting Cactus742 (Reply 53):

Spot on, bro! Spot on!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

FlyAZA

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 am

Quoting G4resagent (Reply 52):
Quoting Phxplanes (Reply 24):
I saw an Alligiant plane parked at the ramp around 230 at Gateway today.

There for the announcement.

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 51):
Thanks for the excellent post and welcome to A.net!!

I live within 5 miles of AZA / IWA and have been hoping for commerical service of some significance ever since I moved to the East Valley. This new development should really help with adding momentum for other carriers to looking into Gateway.

Great to be here! Thanks! Give me a shout sometime and stop by. I'll show you around.

Arizona is a bona fide tourist destination. Allegiant knew what it was doing in choosing AZ. It may not have the same destination status that Las Vegas has but it certainly holds its own as a tourism hot spot.

From what my boss told me, the Allegiant planners are some of the best that he has ever dealt with. (He was employee number 34 at America West and has seen the highs and lows.) Very professional, very thorough, and this is the culmination of research years in the making. Each route makes a lot of sense when viewed as a whole.
And remember, AZA has over a million people within 30 minutes, including the Intel fabs and most of the semiconductor industry in the state. There's a lot of money to be spent on vacations around here.

And by the way, kudos to Williams Gateway for securing this! It's about time. I'm sure the Mayors of the airport authority cities are doing cartwheels right about now.

The effort was made here by many many people, from the execs to the operations staff, many of whom have been here since day 1 in 1994. Kudos to them indeed. It's been frustrating to many of them considering how close they were in 2001 to pulling in mainline service but.....we know how that went. This announcement comes one week after Cessna started construction of their new Citation service center here and Embraer is almost ready to begin construction on their Phenom/Legacy 600 service center. Cessna took 8 years to announce, Embraer about 45 days, and Allegiant was in years too.

Trivia time: Guess who provided the very first passenger service to Williams in the late 90's?

Well, of course, Allegiant. Charter flight for Harrah's from IWA to Laughlin. They are still running a once a month flight for them, so they've known us for some time.

midex461

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:19 pm

Quoting Flyaza (Reply 55):
Guess who provided the very first passenger service to Williams in the late 90's?

Actually, it was in February 2003. Definitely NOT the late 90s. But you're right, it was G4 to IFP.

But, this is GREAT news for AZA, especially since it seemed that the SY back in 03 deal fell through.

I'm not sure where they'll fly to, but I don't think COS is gonna be on that list, since G4 has said that they're not going to try to compete with US/HP or WN (or any of the other carriers flying out of PHX).
Opinions and views expressed are MINE and do NOT represent the views of US Airways

itsnotfinals
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:05 pm

And by the way, kudos to Williams Gateway for securing this

Hopefully after some numbers come in from G4, some other carriers will come to Gateway also.

FlyAZA

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:41 am

Quoting Midex461 (Reply 56):
Actually, it was in February 2003. Definitely NOT the late 90s. But you're right, it was G4 to IFP.

Holy calendars Batman!! I've got jet blast on my face apparently. I ran to the conference room to see the pics from that flight and was trying to figure out what else I saw that mixed me up. Realized it was just me....again....dang. Thanks for the correcton. I'll beat my fact checkers. BTW, the plane was N945MA. (and I'm sure about that from the pics!)

Also funny, JPATS runs two MD-83s close to the terminal. Be careful which plane you board!! ("I didn't know Allegiant was serving Colombia?")

asuflyer05

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:45 am

I can't wait to turn onto 30L and hear:

"575AT clear full length Runway 30L Johnson Ranch departure. Caution wake turbulance from Justice MD80 departing 30C and Allegiant MD80 departing 30R"

[email protected]

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:14 am

Could someone please tell me how many aircraft G4 have based at LAS, SFB and PIE?

It’s interesting that G4 doesn’t have a schedules page per se, but rather its at-a-glance month planner on its reservation page.

Is G4 profitable? Any details to this end would be gratefully received.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

[email protected]

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:31 am

Here's how many people APPARENTLY travel between PHX and a host of U.S. cities every day: http://www.faremeasure.com/Airport-Phoenix_Arizona.html. I question the accuracy of it, but hey-ho. There are numerous small cities/big towns that could be stimulated by G4, so there is certainly good opportunities and potential.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

AirframeAS

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:34 am

This is going to be very interesting to watch at IWA. Its either a make or a break situation. We will just have to see how this turns out. If it is successful, it doesn't mean other carriers will follow suit.

itsnotfinals
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:54 am

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 60):
Is G4 profitable? Any details to this end would be gratefully received.

Their press release says they have been profitable for 4 years.

[email protected]

Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 63):
Their press release says they have been profitable for 4 years.

Yeah, I looked in this month's ATW which has such figures. A small profit, but a profit nonetheless.

FlyAZA

Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:28 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 54):
You're talking about a whole brand new terminal right? If so, that explains why Hawes Road isn't built yet, but the off ramp exits on Loop 202 are built, but closed. That could be the new road to the new terminal, perhaps?

Yes, a brand new terminal will be built. I'm hoping for some really nice huge windows to capture the Superstitions to the north. The actual entrance to the terminal area would be from Hawes to Ellsworth. The Loop 202 is too close to the terminal site for someone to exit and slow down enough I guess. It should work.

If I can get this image up this should help everyone understand the area. The second one has an MD-83 included for scale.
Big version: Width: 406 Height: 429 File size: 163kb

Big version: Width: 500 Height: 535 File size: 107kb

cageyjames

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:04 am

While the MD-83 is a nice scale aircraft, I think this aircraft gives a better look.  Wink

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...&alt=-1000&scene=5989451&encType=1

FlyAZA

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:21 am

Quoting Cageyjames (Reply 66):
While the MD-83 is a nice scale aircraft, I think this aircraft gives a better look.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...ype=1

Suh-weet! I don't use Microsoft's Live Search much and never looked up the airport there. Thanks!!! Don't know the flight date on that but the An-124 comes in every once in a while to pick up or drop off Apaches at Boeing's facility for reset (and this is coming to an end, I'll let folks know when the last Apaches are picked up).

I don't think we can fill that one with passengers just yet, although the beverage service on a Russian freighter might be better than the usal coke or pepsi deabte on domestic carriers.  drunk 

airbusaddict

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:59 am

Ill bet money on FSD. They have been a strong market for Allegiant, and at one time, had 1 daily flights each day of the week to Las Vegas. I also think they are possible at FLL, but thats hard to say.
Finally F9! FSD-DEN 7-4-2011

AirframeAS

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:30 am

Quoting FlyAZA (Reply 65):

If you look at IWA's current terminal, and then look at the historic hangar, thats not the hangar I was talking about earlier. I was talking about the hangars on the VERY BOTTOM of the 2nd pic just below the parking lot to make way for a parking garage there.

FWIW, as for the airport code, until the F.A.A. changes it to AZA, it will always continue to be IWA.

FlyAZA

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 69):
I was talking about the hangars on the VERY BOTTOM of the 2nd pic just below the parking lot to make way for a parking garage there.

OK, got it. There are two hangars there. One is leased by ATSI (foreign military training with A-4 Skyhawks). The second, most southern one is leased by Native Air Ambulance for home helicopters and a couple of Pilatuses.

As I'be been told, all of those hangars are on the state registry but not the federal one for historic preservation. We can work on them but it requires a lot of paperwork. Some old hangars have been taken down to accomodate growth so it would just remain to be seen what the best use of that property will be in the future. The limiting issue with that area of the airfield seems to be getting larger aircraft past them. The location of the An-124 is about as far south as we'd go with larger aircraft. Large regionals can taxi to the south end but the current ramp markings make it harder to get larger types down there. Everything has a solution, demand and need will drive everything of course. We are working on a new master plan (just an update of the previous plan) and some of this has been discussed.

N908AW

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:00 am

Anybody else think maybe G4 could tap into the Mayo Clinic commuting between RST and Scottsdale?
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!

Flighty

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:06 am

Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 41):
I think another likely destination would be DLH.

Definitely.

Quoting N908AW (Reply 71):
Anybody else think maybe G4 could tap into the Mayo Clinic commuting between RST and Scottsdale?

Definitely! I can't believe nobody flies RST-PHX yet.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 8):
GRB ? That would be an interesting choice

Definitely.

AirframeAS

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:56 am

Quoting FlyAZA (Reply 70):
OK, got it. There are two hangars there. One is leased by ATSI (foreign military training with A-4 Skyhawks). The second, most southern one is leased by Native Air Ambulance for home helicopters and a couple of Pilatuses.

Not those. You went too far 'down'. The open air 'shack', what I should have called it, that is less than 15 yards from the parking lot is what Im talking about.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 72):
Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 41):
I think another likely destination would be DLH.

Definitely.

Ooooo How sweet that would be....TOTALLY!  Smile

G4LASRamper

RE: Allegiant To Start "Hub" At IWA (Phoenix/ Mesa)

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 60):
Could someone please tell me how many aircraft G4 have based at LAS, SFB and PIE?

Don't know about "bases" per se - the number of focus city RONs varies night to night.
Some typical numbers:

LAS: 12 to 14
SFB: 5 or 6
PIE: 3
IFP: 1 or 2
RNO: 1
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig." - Porco Rosso

phxplanes

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 59):
I can't wait to turn onto 30L and hear:

"575AT clear full length Runway 30L Johnson Ranch departure. Caution wake turbulance from Justice MD80 departing 30C and Allegiant MD80 departing 30R"

That will be the day only I think it will be more like hold short of 30L at kilo. Three minute wake turbulence separation for to md 80's departing full length 30L.

crjflyer35

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 25):
I think the main reason is there are many East coast, midwestern,northern US and Canadian transplants here (Maricopa County is now the 3rd largest county in the US behind LA and Cook (Chicago). Most of that growth has occurred since 1990.

I know I have had many Ohio visitors since I moved here , and almost all of my neighbors are from Indiana, Michigan, Ilinois, Kansas, etc

Check...I'm a relocatee from Michigan, and I drug my wife here from Chicago to boot!

It's rare to find someone around the valley who was born here. More on topic though, I'm happy to see G4 moving in...hopefully LAN & SBN are good guesses, I always love more choices to get home to see the family......now if only WN would start service to GRR....lol
Ok, wait for the RJ to pass, cleared to push tail south Mike, and you're cleared to spin #2 in the push.

AirframeAS

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:32 pm

FlyAZA, they finally tore down those hangar 'shacks'. Drove by it today, I was surprised to see it torn down. Just FYI. Maybe that will pave the way for a new parking lot??

airbusaddict

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:35 pm

So are they announcing the routes at local baseball games or what where the cities are?

midex461

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:35 pm

I saw an interesting article in today's (8/10) AZ Republic that basically makes it sound like the whole deal is contingent on the airport authority changing AZA/IWA/CHD's name to include Phoenix.

Sounds like G4 is bullying the authority. Sound like a DAL (Love Field) based airline we know?
Opinions and views expressed are MINE and do NOT represent the views of US Airways

JetBlueGuy2006

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Quoting Midex461 (Reply 79):
I saw an interesting article in today's (8/10) AZ Republic that basically makes it sound like the whole deal is contingent on the airport authority changing AZA/IWA/CHD's name to include Phoenix.

Do you happen to know if the article was published online and if so, do you have a link?
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

itsnotfinals
Topic Author

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:44 pm

it sure was published online

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...t/articles/0810namechange0810.html

I think it's crazy to keep the name of the air force base. The base is closed, get over it and move along, a name change is fine.

g4resagent

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 am

Why not change the name to Phoenix-Mesa Williams Gateway? Just add Phoenix to the begining of the name... and the article did say Lt. Charles L. Williams was a "practically unknown soldier who died in 1927."

g4resagent

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:39 am

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 81):
I think it's crazy to keep the name of the air force base. The base is closed, get over it and move along, a name change is fine.

I agree... look at PSM. People still call it Pease but the name of the airport has been changed to Portsmouth International Airport. Although they do list Pease on the website.

FATFlyer

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:52 am

There is a media report out that Rapid City may get flights to AZA/IWA. An airline announcement is scheduled for Monday at RAP.

"It's possible that Allegiant Air will add a Rapid City-Phoenix route to its schedule after all.

Although no one will confirm it, airport officials announced they will hold a press conference Monday for what they describe as "an important announcement regarding air travel and Black Hills tourism."

Allegiant spokeswoman Tyri Squyres said she could neither confirm nor deny whether Rapid City was among the markets getting the new Phoenix route.

However, she did confirm that the airline has worked out an acceptable agreement for fuel loading fees at Rapid City Regional Airport. Earlier, Allegiant had said those fees were a roadblock to adding new service to Rapid City.

The Black Hills Air Service Task Force and Rapid City Regional Airport will hold a press conference at 9 a.m. Monday."

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti.../top/doc46bcf52117952110060307.txt
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

JetBlueGuy2006

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:24 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 84):
is a media report out that Rapid City may get flights to AZA/IWA. An airline announcement is scheduled for Monday at RAP.

Interesting, who do we think they will announce today? I would think Peoria or Lansing. I was looking back through Press Releases of the opening of SFB and PIE and both of those were among the first routes to be announced. I would think today whoever they announce will get flights to both.

FlyPeoria

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:43 am

Peoria's announcement is scheduled for August 25 during a local baseball game.

AirframeAS

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting Midex461 (Reply 79):
AZA/IWA/CHD's

If you put your cursor over the above, it says that IWA & CHD is the same airport. That is incorrect. Here is the correct information:

Chandler Muncipal: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCHD
Williams Gateway: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KIWA

I think this needs to be changed, IMO. I have posted this request in the Site Related forum and nothing has been done yet.

JetBlueGuy2006

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:58 am

Quoting FlyPeoria (Reply 86):
Peoria's announcement is scheduled for August 25 during a local baseball game.

We should all take bets who will be announced today. With that info, I would go with either Lansing or Fort Wayne

itsnotfinals
Topic Author

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:31 am

MISSOULA, Montana! Announced today. 10 more destinations to go

CIDFlyer

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:27 pm

CID will be getting a new route announced on Tuesday. I bet IWA, with the possibility of FLL too.

JetBlueGuy2006

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:31 pm

Quoting CIDflyer (Reply 90):
CID will be getting a new route announced on Tuesday

Wouldn't be suprised at all, but Allegiant can't be happy that some of the cities announce they will be getting a new route before they officially announce it.

CIDFlyer

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:03 pm

a new route announcement is supposed to be coming out right about now per G4's website, will be waiting to see what city and route it is

airbusaddict

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:44 pm

Sioux Falls i think is going to be announced this coming week.

g4resagent

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:51 pm

The newest city is BLI -- with service beginning October 27th. Flights will be on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Flights will depart BLI at 18:55 and arrive into IWA at 21:55. Returning departing IWA at 15:15 and arriving into BLI at 18:20.

[Edited 2007-08-19 11:51:57]

CIDFlyer

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:44 pm

finally BLI is announced...I think that was a given since they are one of G4's stongest cities, and even see service to PSP and RNO ( no other G4 city has flights to those cities). The countdown clock is set now for CID, they are to announce that a press conference here Tuesday at 5pm CDT.

FlyAZA

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 87):
If you put your cursor over the above, it says that IWA & CHD is the same airport. That is incorrect. Here is the correct information:

Chandler Muncipal: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCHD
Williams Gateway: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KIWA

I think this needs to be changed, IMO. I have posted this request in the Site Related forum and nothing has been done yet.

When it was an Air Force Base some places had attached CHD to Willy informally, as a way of designating its approximate location. Why or who I don't know. When IWA was established it was only done with FAA and not IATA, and FAA ain't changing jack. Therefore, IWA never had an official IATA code until this past year. IWA-IATA was already taken by a Russian airport. So AZA was picked for IATA. It doesn't replace IWA but it sure can complicate things. I guess this is a rare instance for good reason. AZA should be used by the travel agents and Orbitz, Yahoo, etc. G4resagent pointed out it's IWA in their systems right now but Gateway staff said that it should be AZA and that they would call them about it. Who knows when that might take effect.

Either way, it's great to return to the Northwest. Lot of happy Canadians I imagine.

FWAERJ

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:14 am

And the next new G4 route(s) will be announced this Tuesday at 5 PM EDT. Could it be FWA-IWA/FLL?

I think that FWA has scheduled two press conferences for this week... one involves G4 for sure, but I don't know what day/time either press announcement will be.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350

airbusaddict

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:19 am

A new route this week is Sioux Falls. I have no clue when the press release will be announced.

AirframeAS

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:36 am

Quoting FlyAZA (Reply 96):
G4resagent pointed out it's IWA in their systems right now but Gateway staff said that it should be AZA and that they would call them about it.

I dont think Gateway has a say on what the airport code will be and/or is until the F.A.A. approves of the change. So therefore it should be KIWA as the identifier set forth by the F.A.A. so I am going by that: IWA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos