Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bcoz
Topic Author

CHS Gate Swap From Earlier This Decade

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:16 am

Howdy folks-

I spent my late middle school and high school years in Charleston, but my folks moved after I graduated from high school in 1998 so I've only flown in and out of CHS once since then. I'll be flying in there next week again to visit some friends and it got me to thinking.....

When did US move from Concourse A to Concourse B and why was that move made?

When we first moved there in 1993, United had A1 (and was bringing in 72s from ORD) that was also used for one of US's extra RONs. Delta had A2 and A3 (a mixture of MD88s, 72s and 75s from ATL), US had A4 and A5 (with non-stop mainline service to DCA and LGA). American had B1 (MDs from RDU) and, at the time, I think B2-B5 were vacant.

When I left in 1998, the layout was essentially the same with CO having B2 and B3 and AA having pulled out.

Anyways...I was just going down memory lane and was curious what, if any, insight folks could provide.

bcoz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos