Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

Venezuelan Aviation: Reloaded!

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello to everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, it's been a while since we've discussed on Venezuelan aviation matters. As a result, I took the time to open this new thread to talk about the latest going in Venezuela. So feel welcome to come and throw whatever you thing is suitable for this thread, trying to avoid the usual government bashing, as we all know it's alive inside our daily nightmare.

Ok, to the point.

I've been going to CCS on a more regular basis for the last few weeks as I'm free of school work. It's been interesting to see that Aeropostal has reduced their services drastically. As a matter of fact, yesterday I only saw two VH jets; the one arriving from MIA and anotherone just taxiing. For us who know how CCS, this is evidence of something wrong. What are the news on Aeropostal? How many flights are operating and how many aircraft are on service? For what I saw, they're just using their last sources to put some people up in the sky...

On the other hand, I see that Aserca is doing pretty well. The remote parking spots are all their's; except for the sharing with a Venezolana 732 and sometimes, a Conviasa 733. They seem to be doing pretty well, even though their prices are a bit over the previously mentioned government-owned airlines.

The prices that Venezolana and Conviasa offer, are without a doubt the best ones. Actually, I booked a flight to MAR with Venezolana, with a fare of Bs. 130.000. The return trip, with Conviasa, with a nice fare of 126.000... The private sector (Aserca) offers a fare of 167.000; considerably more expensive for the Venezuelan market.

What I'm trying to say here is that both government-owned airlines are consistently offering the best prices on the market, and as a result, all their flights are almost fully booked. It's interesting to see that they also offer a great service with a lack of delayed flights... if they do things right, then who's going to avoid them?

For further topics, I don't have enough sources to write on them. I imagine some of you have some handy info!?

Well guys, let's see what you've got.

A comer Arepas...

Saludos.

cybergus

RE: Venezuelan Aviation: Reloaded!

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Quoting 797 (Thread starter):
What I'm trying to say here is that both government-owned airlines are consistently offering the best prices on the market, and as a result, all their flights are almost fully booked.

So true!. Those airlines are kicking a$$e$. They are offering a very nice service for a low price. The only detail is that those airlines are very small (For the moments...) in numbers of fleet and routes, that is why Aserca is almost full on all flights because they have a lot of destinations and frequencies (If you compare with VH, V0, 9V, etc). I'm pretty sure that we will see a smart move from V0 and Ravsa in 2008. I can see both expanding their fleets and frequencies...and who knows maybe we could expect an international expansion. Maybe we can expect a codeshare or an alliance with these 2 airlines?.

Now what about Avior, Laser and Rutaca??? i have not hear so much news about this 2 in the past months. The last thing i heard is that Avior is waiting for the approval of their VLN-MIA-VLN flights (And they are not getting it until INAC do something about NK and AA cases).

About the VH case...it seems that they are in the last days. Their fleet was reduced in a drastic way. They have one
MD-80 in lease for the CCS-MIA and the VLN-MIA, another MD-80 with YV registration and i think they have a couple of dc-9's for their national routes. Last weekend i could see that the MD-80 that was painted in NK colors was stored at their maintenance hangar so it isn't flying.

And finally going international...

TAM is officially starting their GRU-MAO-CCS-MAO-GRU flight.

Spirit is still waiting for INAC's approval for the FLL-CCS-FLL.

Avianca is opening the 5th daily frequency.

I think that is all for the moments.

See ya!

Tavo

SJOtoLIR

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Quoting Cybergus (Reply 1):
Spirit is still waiting for INAC's approval for the FLL-CCS-FLL.

Since Spirit Airlines (NK) started operations in Central America, some fares to the U.S.A. decreased. In response AA applied reductions in some destinations such as MIA, MCO, BWI and so on.
New cities will be added by NK in 2008 and probably CCS could be integrated. Dominican Repùblic is a potential hub for NK, so the leg SDQ-CCS looks as a good option...
Regards.

poh2

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Hey guys!

I hope the news regarding Aeropostal are not true...I just booked a ticket with them to fly VLN-MIA later this month, so I don't want to see them stop operations anytime soon!

What's the latest on AA's much-discussed service of MIA-VLN? Is INAC holding it up or what? Any reasons?

Thanks for any information!
Patrick

cybergus

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:12 am

Quoting Poh2 (Reply 3):
What's the latest on AA's much-discussed service of MIA-VLN? Is INAC holding it up or what? Any reasons?

They are like NK waiting for the approval from INAC. The reasons...we'll never know...

Venezuela747

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:18 am

Has anyone checked the new CCS website....I like it better than the previous one.

B757200

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:47 am

I had to travel CCS-PZO about a month ago. I did CCS-PZO on R7 and PZO-CCS on VH. Aserca's DC-9-30 interior was in much better shape than Aeropostal's DC-9-50. Service on R7 was ok, nothing impressive as usual. Everything went smooth, no problems at all.

Return trip on VH was a nightmare. PZO is a real mess - we could open another thread to discuss Venezuelan airports situation. I was told my flight was delayed 45 minutes. Apparently the incoming aircraft from CCS had to return due to technical problems while on the air. Hooray for VH's maintenance! 45 minutes became three hours. Finally VH's ground crew announced boarding. Once inside the aircraft, crew announced the airport was closed because runway lights were inoperative, so the flight would be canceled (it was dark already), and they said - listen to this - that they couldn't guarantee any gratification to passengers. That is, we would have to spend the night sleeping on the floor or something like that. Obviously people started to yell things like "liars, if we cannot depart is just because of your three-hours delay, not because of the airport", "if we would had been on-time, we would have departed already"...for my Venezuelan fellows, I bet you can perfectly imagine the picture. Anyway, 5 minutes later runway lights were operative again, and we took off immediately. Service was terrible, flight attendants completely ignored me, but I just didn't want to argue with anyone. I was so tired that I fell asleep. Flight was packed, seats were cramped.

Just wanted to share this little experience regarding service in VH.

Summa767

Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting Cybergus (Reply 1):
And finally going international...

Apart from your mentioned 5th daily frequency by AV on the BOG-CCS, it will also improve its VLN service (F100) to 1 daily from the end of this month.

Guys, is Conviasa now operating a one weekly flight to Tehran? What is or will be the arrangement for teh rest of the time? I have heard that it might operate from Iran. Do you know anything?

[Edited 2007-08-01 18:38:37]

cybergus

Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:36 am

Quoting Summa767 (Reply 7):
Guys, is Conviasa now operating a one weekly flight to Tehran? What is or will be the arrangement for teh rest of the time? I have heard that it might operate from Iran. Do you know anything?

The last rumor i've heard was that they will going to paint the A340 on IR colors, but i don't know if it is true.

Venezuela747

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 am

Quoting B757200 (Reply 6):
Return trip on VH was a nightmare. PZO is a real mess

Really???...my dad is going back there for about 3 weeks in mid august.....it's where we used to live before moving to the US

B757200

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:46 am

Quoting Venezuela747 (Reply 9):
Really???...my dad is going back there for about 3 weeks in mid august.....it's where we used to live before moving to the US

They were remodeling the terminal for the Copa America 2007, so the building wasn't totally operative. Add some ground staff incompetence, some delayed flights and there you go: a nice chaos. But hey, maybe they already finished the works.

medinaj

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 am

Hey guys! hello from Seattle...

I'm sad to see VH fail yet again...it was such a cool thing to have that airline back after their first bankruptcy...

I try to follow Venezuelan news a little bit, but I'm not really up speed with everything going on in the airline industry...what do you think? is VH's failure simple mismanagement or are there other factors at play?

I guess that leaves us with SBA, Avior and Aserca as the main private airlines...how's SBA doing?

How about Avior and their MIA-BLA non-stop? any info regarding yields, load factors? I'd love to take that flight next year when I go see my parents...I hope it's successful...

Does anybody have an opinion regarding ailines in Venezuela purchasing Embraer jets to renew their fleets? With the closer relations now between Venezuela and Brazil I'm kinda surprised to see government-owned airlines starting operations with old equipment (737, etc.) and even the private ones...it would be great to see some of those new EMB-175 or 195...

ORL777

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 am

Quoting Medinaj (Reply 11):
guess that leaves us with SBA, Avior and Aserca as the main private airlines...how's SBA doing?

SBA is good Enough but they´re still Waiting for 2 733 and Some MD-80 that will operated Shared with Aserca but no news about!!!

A388

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting Orl777 (Reply 12):
SBA is good Enough but they´re still Waiting for 2 733 and Some MD-80 that will operated Shared with Aserca but no news about!!!

Do you mean shared as in codesharing between Aserca and Santa Barbara flights or do you mean shared as in Aserca and Santa Barbara merging to become one strong airline? Is airline consolidation a good thing for the Venezuelan airline business or what is expected to become the new trend in Venezuelan aviation in the next 3-5 years?

Saludos,

A388

ORL777

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 13):
Do you mean shared as in codesharing between Aserca and Santa Barbara flights or do you mean shared as in Aserca and Santa Barbara merging to become one strong airline?

the rumours says that Aserca Bought SBA but is nothing confirm at all!!!! we still waiting, but if this Happens would be really good for Venezuelan Marked because we will have a Strong Airline in Domestic and a good Airline for Going more International destinations

I hope this merge really become a Reality!!!

Saludos

MAH4546

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:05 pm

How about Avior and their MIA-BLA non-stop? any info regarding yields, load factors? I'd love to take that flight next year when I go see my parents...I hope it's successful...

Loads are average mid-50s/low-60s, which is pretty typical of flights to the region.

cayman

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 pm

I would make a couple of comments.

First of all AVIOR really needs to improve their website, you cannot acces flight times or reserve flights online and have to call the "call centre" which is very inconvenient.

I have also never understood why it is so common for Vzlan airlines to offer flights at exactly the same hour. Take CCs PMV for example, many if not most of the flights in both directions go out at the same hour or within minutes. I realize that they schedule flights to cater to demand but I would have thought that offering some degree of alternative departure time would work well for one of the airlines competing on the route.

I have a friend coming into CCS on CO from IAH, arrives at 6AM, and final destination PMV---there are 3 or 4 flights from 3 or 4 airlines all leavving at 730am then nothing til 11am or so--nothing in between. Plus it also means mulitple flights arriving in the cramped facilities in PMV at same time, which means slower baggae retrieval and congestion. They should spread it out just a bit...

medinaj

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:50 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 15):
Loads are average mid-50s/low-60s, which is pretty typical of flights to the region.

are they making money? how's the service?

I was looking at Avior's site yesterday and they are offering F class for 1.5M VEB (about $600 I think)...I don't think that's too bad...if I was to fly from MIA to CCS and then on to BLA I'd probably spend $550 or so (round trip)...I would of course have to go through customs in CCS, make the connection etc.

Anybody have any comments about clearing customs in Barcelona? that is such a tiny airport...I think there is only one baggage belt right?

regarding the SBA-Aserca merger, I don't know...is either airline profitable on its own right now?

Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 am

Quoting Venezuela747 (Reply 5):
Has anyone checked the new CCS website....I like it better than the previous one.

Oh, it's just a tiny bit better than the previous one... not a big deal. I would expect something better, but no... same crappy ending

Quoting B757200 (Reply 6):
Just wanted to share this little experience regarding service in VH.

Oh my friend, you are just another victim of the beautiful VH signature... Too bad they never had the intention on at least offer accomodations in PZO; that shows a lot of the situation they're submerged in.

is VH's failure simple mismanagement or are there other factors at play?

I don't think VH's problem is other than management. As we've discussed in the past, VH has been so austerely managed that they just flew with the necessary bucks to do so. As a matter of fact, one of the 'excuses' the president brought up is that they didn't have enough dollars for the maintenance... which sounds like some BS to me.

If Aeropostal has to dissapear in order to see something perhaps better, then it's welcome to leave. I wouldn't mind see them go away if something better is to come.

it would be great to see some of those new EMB-175 or 195...

That's what I've been saying since the 170 family came out!

Quoting A388 (Reply 13):
Aserca and Santa Barbara merging to become one strong airline?

I bet this would be one of the solutions to see something better, as I stated above.

A merger between R7 and S3 would be a strategic move against the government-owned airlines. They would clearly have most of the routes, the biggest fleet and most of the costumers. I know loads of people who are loyal to R7 because the 'frequent flyer program' they have. They won't use other airlines for their domestic flights because R7 offers the most frequencies and also some benefits.

A wholy new airline, coming from this merger, with a new administration and perhaps some intentions to do things better, might change the face of our aviation and perhaps represent a severe competition issue for the extremely cheap prices Conviasa and Venezolana offer. I think it's the right move to make.

Quoting CayMan (Reply 16):
AVIOR really needs to improve their website

Oh yes!

I'm going to MAR tomorrow and I tried to book on Avior.... I stopped with my booking procedures because the site is hideous. Not user-friendly and very very crappy.

Cheers

A388

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 am

Quoting 797 (Reply 18):
I bet this would be one of the solutions to see something better, as I stated above.

A merger between R7 and S3 would be a strategic move against the government-owned airlines. They would clearly have most of the routes, the biggest fleet and most of the costumers. I know loads of people who are loyal to R7 because the 'frequent flyer program' they have. They won't use other airlines for their domestic flights because R7 offers the most frequencies and also some benefits.

A wholy new airline, coming from this merger, with a new administration and perhaps some intentions to do things better, might change the face of our aviation and perhaps represent a severe competition issue for the extremely cheap prices Conviasa and Venezolana offer. I think it's the right move to make

So it looks to be good solution if R7 and S3 would merge. My only question is if the Venezuelan government will allow such a merger when they see that their own state-owned airline will suffer from the merger. How much power does the government have in these situations? Can they just not allow this in order to safeguard their own companies? Just my question.

A388

LatinPlane

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:31 pm

Hola a todos!

Let's also talk about interesting things going on with regards to other international services to/from Venezuela.

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Hang Yao

One thing I have noticed recently is that S3's flight to Funchal, Madeira is currently making a stop in Curacao. However, they do not make any mention of this on their website. At the same time, TAP has increased its CCS-FNC to twice weekly. Is S3's trying to fill up the flight to the Portuguese Island with passengers in Curacao in order to compete with TAP's increased competition. So far, S3s operation is sold out for the rest of the summer offering more competitive fares to the important Portuguese community in Venezuela.

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Manuel Ernesto Silva

Avianca has announced they will up their BOG-CCS route to 5x weekly. It is interesting that Avianca is doing so well in Caracas while at the same time also flying to close-by Valencia a few times per week. Would anyone care to analyse why Avianca is doing so well in the Venezuelan market.

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Ian Madigan

I've been thinking about the Iran Air flight to CCS. I'm wondering if Iran Air can get 5th freedom rights to operate to CCS via Madrid with the help of Conviasa considering that this would make the flight lose less money. However, I wonder and speculate that the reason that they are not considering this is because the flight is really conceived by the governments of both Venezuela and Iran to carry special kind of cargo of which one can only wildly speculate the nature of the contents. Anyone ever think about this?

Smile LatinPlane

Chiguire

Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:18 pm

Quoting Latinplane (Reply 20):
flying to close-by Valencia a few times per wee

This one will be upgraded to daily as well !

A388

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:04 pm

However, they do not make any mention of this on their website. At the same time, TAP has increased its CCS-FNC to twice weekly. Is S3's trying to fill up the flight to the Portuguese Island with passengers in Curacao in order to compete with TAP's increased competition.

Is this really true? I've been trying to find out the charterflights from FNC to CUR but nothing is known here so far. We get a single charterflight every year which is normally operated by TP but they have not flown to CUR so far. S3 was rumoured to be interested but no flight of them was seen here in CUR so far. Do you know on which days S3 flies to FNC from CUR? I've been trying to take photos of them here but never know when they would arrive in CUR (?)

A388

Chiguire

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 22):
Is this really true?

The GDS show no S3 flight CUR-FNC. The CCS-FNC service is displayed nonstop.

viasa

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 am

Avianca has announced they will up their BOG-CCS route to 5x weekly.

Not 5x weekly.... 5x daily!!!

RICARIZA

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:51 am

Avianca has announced they will up their BOG-CCS route to 5x weekly

I guess you meant, 5 daily...!

LatinPlane

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 22):
s this really true? I've been trying to find out the charterflights from FNC to CUR but nothing is known here so far. We get a single charterflight every year which is normally operated by TP but they have not flown to CUR so far. S3 was rumoured to be interested but no flight of them was seen here in CUR so far. Do you know on which days S3 flies to FNC from CUR? I've been trying to take photos of them here but never know when they would arrive in CUR (?)

1336 SAT 21:00 MAIQUETIA - CURACAO - MADEIRA
1337 SUN 14:00 MADEIRA - MAIQUETIA

I believe that the reason why you are not able to see them is because the flight arrives extremely late on SAT night to Curacao. These must be turning into Charters and that's why S 3 makes no mention of them.

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 21):
This one will be upgraded to daily as well !

Yes, we continue to see that Avianca is doing very well in the Venezuelan market. With the seasonal increment of service to 5 x daily (thanks for the correction) and the introduction of daily service to Valencia we can clearly see that Avianca is taking Venezuela by storm. Is service to Venezuela being increased due to connecting traffic at Avianca's Bogota hub to the rest of Avianca's network?

Smile LatinPlane

cayman

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:13 am

Anyone know how AC is doing on their YYZ CCS flights? I think they are at least 5x week now, I assume they do decent level of business on the route. AC still opertaes a stop in POS on the southbound but, at least rumor, there has been some speculation as to whether YYZ CCS could return to a stand alone route.

AC should try to time this flight to coordinate with their fast gorwing Asian network out of YYZ for connection purposes.

A388

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:42 am

Quoting Latinplane (Reply 26):
1336 SAT 21:00 MAIQUETIA - CURACAO - MADEIRA
1337 SUN 14:00 MADEIRA - MAIQUETIA

I believe that the reason why you are not able to see them is because the flight arrives extremely late on SAT night to Curacao. These must be turning into Charters and that's why S 3 makes no mention of them.

So the flight arrives here at 21:00 local time every sunday? Can you confirm that S3 will operate the CCS-CUR-FNC flight this coming saturday and at what local arrival/departure times? Why doesn't the flight operate via CUR on the return flight on sunday?

A388

Lt-AWACS

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 am

Well the rumour is still around in Houston at Citgo that CO is starting IAH-MAR
Of course this rumour has been around a while, even when I lived in Maracaibo as a kid back in the early 80s so take it with a grain of salt. But a good friend of mine here works for Citgo and travels that route about once a quarter and he says these are the rumours. Might be more of a hope than a rumour but there you go.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, hermano bebe, que la vida es breve

SJOtoLIR

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 am

Quoting CayMan (Reply 27):
Anyone know how AC is doing on their YYZ CCS flights? I think they are at least 5x week now

AC 23........YYZ 14:25...............POS 19:55
AC 23.........POS n/a ...............CCS 22:15
AC 23.........CCS 23:25 .............YYZ 05:05 +1

AC 23 still stops in POS on the southbound route. No traffic passengers between POS and CCS. Aircraft: A319. Operates daily.

Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey guys,

Quoting CayMan (Reply 27):
Anyone know how AC is doing on their YYZ CCS flights?

I went down to the airport late at night to pick up my dad, who was coming back from MIA -on a 4 hour delayed flight with AAs A300!!!- and saw that AC flight was extremely full. I asked one of ther passengers from that flight and she said it was packed on her way to YYZ and on the way back to CCS.

I'm glad this flight's doing well, at least during high season. Pitty it's not spottable due to the late-night arrival.

On other news, according to Cybergus (A.netter) who left yesterday to MAD, VH cancelled all their flights yesterday. Can anyone backup this info???

Cheers

cayman

Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:37 am

Quoting 797 (Reply 31):
I went down to the airport late at night to pick up my dad, who was coming back from MIA -on a 4 hour delayed flight with AAs A300!!!- and saw that AC flight was extremely full. I asked one of ther passengers from that flight and she said it was packed on her way to YYZ and on the way back to CCS.

I'm glad this flight's doing well, at least during high season. Pitty it's not spottable due to the late-night arrival.

Glad to hear it seems to be doing ok...AC finally resumed a normal arrival and departure schedule after briefly operating ridiculous flight times, with an arrival into CCS around 345am and a YYZ departure of maybe 450am---that was utter nonsense from the outset they might has well have stopped flying the route entirely as to maintain that schedule. It might have been in part due to runway work at CCS, but anyway the current flight times with an evening arrival/departure to/from CCS is pretty good.

Options from Vzla to Asia are non existent in terms of non-stop flights, one would think AC will try to capitalize on this business originating from Vzla--because through YYZ on AC pax could reach Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai and others on a non stop flight from YYZ, thus only one stop ane change of planes vs. possibly several transiting through US and the grwoing hassles of transiting US airports for latin american based travelers.

RAFVC10

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:05 am

Hi guys,

could you tell me if Santa Barbara is still using it's McDonnell Douglas DC-10? Which routes? Any chance to fly in one of the last airlines who have the DC-10 in its fleet?

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

SJOtoLIR

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:55 am

Quoting RAFVC10 (Reply 33):
could you tell me if Santa Barbara is still using it's McDonnell Douglas DC-10? Which routes? Any chance to fly in one of the last airlines who have the DC-10 in its fleet?

Are they still flying?
I do not know how S3 is covering their European legs to FNC, TFN and MAD departing from CCS.
I guess S3 uses its B767-300.
Regards.

Avianca

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:18 am

Quoting CayMan (Reply 32):
Options from Vzla to Asia are non existent in terms of non-stop flights, one would think AC will try to capitalize on this business originating from Vzla--because through YYZ on AC pax could reach Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai and others on a non stop flight from YYZ, thus only one stop ane change of planes vs. possibly several transiting through US and the grwoing hassles of transiting US airports for latin american based travelers.

well i think the biggest part of Venezuela-Asia traffic still get AF, LH and mabye AZ.

But yes AC is always the cheapest option from CCS when I check fares to HKG , ICN or PVG

Chiguire

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 am

Quoting 797 (Reply 31):
VH cancelled all their flights yesterday. Can anyone backup this info???

This is not correct - sorry to disappoint you ! It is still not over !
One aircraft (MD82) had a technical in SDQ last Thursday. As a consequence the return SDQ-CUR-CCS as well as the following rotation CCS-LIM-CCS had to be cancelled. As the problem has not been solved yet, there is a whole day rotation with one of the 2 MD80s that need to be cancelled every day. Yesterday it was POS and MIA.
The stranded passengers in LIM were either rebooked on AV or transported by an AeroCondor 737 -charter.
I hope this problem is solved soon as it is causing an additional image problem. Although a technical problem is something normal. But bad luck if it happens in the middle of high season (just as last years UIO-GYE problems).
Schedules on all VH-aircraft are that tight, that they are in the air almost 24 hours a day. And if you loose 50% of your fleet.......

[Edited 2007-08-07 22:02:44]

Chiguire

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 am

There is another INAC-VH story to be told.

After VH has an additional DC9-50 repaired and ready to return into service, they re-applied for the traffic rights to MUN (Maturin) 3 x daily and asked for permission to reinstate a third daily service to BRM (Barquisimeto).
INAC refused the request due to a lack of paperwork - they say.
After VH decided to return to MDE with a 2 x weekly service (due to the fact that MDE offered discounted conditions), they re-applied for the traffic rights. They were refused - due to the lack of paperwork. Due to a mistake in space control these flights were already bookable again and there is quite a number of passengers that need to be rebooked.
Background of this dirty game seems to be: A member of the corrupt government is interested in buying the airline and its owner, Mr. Ramiz is (still) not willing to accept his offer.
I am sure, as soon as the airline is sold and we have the third government-airline, all the paperwork will be fine  Wink

viasa

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:15 am

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 34):
Quoting RAFVC10 (Reply 33):

Are they still flying?

Long time since both aircraft are out of service. Still stored at ROW.

MAH4546

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:28 am

Quoting Lt-AWACS (Reply 29):
Well the rumour is still around in Houston at Citgo that CO is starting IAH-MAR

The Venezuelan government would never approve it, sadly.

cybergus

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 am

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 36):
This is not correct - sorry to disappoint you ! It is still not over !
One aircraft (MD82) had a technical in SDQ last Thursday. As a consequence the return SDQ-CUR-CCS as well as the following rotation CCS-LIM-CCS had to be cancelled. As the problem has not been solved yet, there is a whole day rotation with one of the 2 MD80s that need to be cancelled every day. Yesterday it was POS and MIA.
The stranded passengers in LIM were either rebooked on AV or transported by an AeroCondor 737 -charter.
I hope this problem is solved soon as it is causing an additional image problem. Although a technical problem is something normal. But bad luck if it happens in the middle of high season (just as last years UIO-GYE problems).
Schedules on all VH-aircraft are that tight, that they are in the air almost 24 hours a day. And if you loose 50% of your fleet.......

The worst thing is that VH's counters in the international terminal were pretty empty. There was just one agent from VH who was giving the sadly news. The passengers from the flights were arriving to the airport and just there when they were in front of the counters is when they were informed that the flights were cancelled. But as i noticed the international flights were the only ones cancelled as i saw two dc9 landing in the airport and then heading to the national terminal. Pretty sad to see how this airline is approaching to the end.

Tavo

Avianca

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am

Quoting Cybergus (Reply 40):
Pretty sad to see how this airline is approaching to the end.

well, i still have two tickets to CUR for next October.... it was a real bargain... only 160.000 Bolivares, hopefully they are still around in October.

Btw, some weeks ago, the day I was on my way for the summer vacation in germany, I saw a newspaper article mention that VH is buying several DHC-8 and more used DC9-50 for the national routes. specially the DHC-8 would be a surprise.. has anybody some more info about it, or was it already discussed here in the forum??

saludos
Avianca

Avianca

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:27 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 41):

Btw, some weeks ago, the day I was on my way for the summer vacation in germany, I saw a newspaper article mention that VH is buying several DHC-8 and more used DC9-50 for the national routes. specially the DHC-8 would be a surprise.. has anybody some more info about it, or was it already discussed here in the forum??

any news on this?

Chiguire

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:10 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 42):

any news on this?

Sure ! VH will now take some 20 EMB 175 to fly to the secondary markets on routes like CCS-Santo Domingo and CCS-Ciudad Bolivar !  drunk 
I am sure Mr. Ram... does not even remember what he said those days. Ääääh Dash 6.....Sabb 340.....Dash 8 .....  duck 

viasa

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:42 am

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 43):
I am sure Mr. Ram... does not even remember what he said those days. �� Dash 6.....Sabb 340.....Dash 8 .....

Oh I like to see an A380 in Aeropostal's livery...  crazy 

luisde8cd

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:13 am

Quoting Viasa (Reply 44):
Oh I like to see an A380 in Aeropostal's livery

I heard the A380 will be used for a shuttle service CCS-VLN-CCS as soon as a bridge in the highway linking CCS and VLN collapses (viaducto la cabrera). It looks like VH is ready to take opportunity of the current situation of the country.

Saludos desde Monterrey,
Luis

edgaren

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting 797 (Reply 31):
On other news, according to Cybergus (A.netter) who left yesterday to MAD, VH cancelled all their flights yesterday. Can anyone backup this info???

Hey guys...797 Aeropostal flight 511 MIA-VLN was cancelled on monday which seemed pretty weird to me so I was wondering the reason behind such move so thanks chiguire for telling us the story about the aircraft going tech in SDQ.

Saludos desde Valencia, EDGAR.

Avianca

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:54 pm

has anbody the idea what happened with the fares on the CCS - PMV flights... its now nearly impossible hard to find any fares under 300.000 VEB ???

Chiguire

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 47):
has anbody the idea what happened with the fares on the CCS - PMV flights... its now nearly impossible hard to find any fares under 300.000 VEB ???

I guess it is high season ? All people from CCS are now moving to PMV. Wait for September and you will see the drop down to 150.000 again.

Avianca

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 48):
I guess it is high season ? All people from CCS are now moving to PMV. Wait for September and you will see the drop down to 150.000 again.

well I checked also for september, october... and cant find good fares... and the problem... I have urgently to buy some BUCHANANS !!!  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos