tripleboom
Topic Author

Jeff Potter Stepping Down From F9

Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:43 am

We got a letter today from our CEO saying that he is stepping down to take on a role with another, non-aviation, company. Best of luck to Jeff. He certainly has guided our company through some rough times and helped pave the way for an exciting future for Frontier. He will be dearly missed in the family.

ytib

RE: Jeff Potter Stepping Down From F9

Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 am

Airbus:318,319,320,321,332,333,388
Boeing:707,717,732,733,734,73Q,735,73G,738,7M8,739,752,753,742,74L,744,762,763,772,77L,77W,789
Misc:142,CN1,CR2,CR7,DC8,DH2,DH8,D8Q,D10,D95,EM2,ER3,ER4,E70,100,J31,M11,M83,M88,M90,SF3

Where is Neil

AirframeAS

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:18 am

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to meet that guy!!!!!!!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

flightopsguy

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:19 am

Good for Jeff! First rat to leave the sinking ship.
A300-330 BAC111/146/J31/41 B99/1900 CV580 B707-777 DC8/9/10 L188/1011 FH227/28/100 SB340 DO228 EMB2/170 CR2-900 SH330-60

F9HNLPLZ

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 am

Presidents and CEOs leave companies in the airline business all the time. Both Jeff and Sam have lots of money still tied up in F9. They are not going to run away from something like that. Jeff is a great leader and has many people at F9 that call him a friend. He is not going to leave a company like F9 in the hands of the wrong person. We are all lucky to work with a great man like Jeff and another great man like Sam. Who knows? Maybe they are calling AC as we speak and are getting Sean Menke back to run the ship. Good connections for the Canadian market......
Frontier Airlines, A Whole Different Animal. Maybe some day to Hawaii???

boeing743

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:46 am

Hope that new CEO and president of F9 will be able to make F9 a strong and better airlines business. I really enjoy flying on F9 to SLC last Aug. For sure I would flying on F9 again.

COERJ145

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:55 am

Best of luck to Jeff! Maybe F9 will replace him with Richard Anderson..  stirthepot 

BOS2LAF

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 am

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 6):
Maybe F9 will replace him with Richard Anderson..

Now theres a death wish.  duck 

mariner

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:23 am

I think that this may be the scalp that Wall Street wanted - and was determined to have.

mariner
aeternum nauta

WesternA318

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am

Quoting Flightopsguy (Reply 3):
First rat to leave the sinking ship.

A rat indeed...

Quoting Mariner (Reply 8):
I think that this may be the scalp that Wall Street wanted - and was determined to have.

Wall Street wasn't the only one...

MSYtristar

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:29 am

There's no guarantee that future CEO's will have the right mix of people skills and overall knowledge of the business as Potter did. We'll just have to see how this will pan out. Losing a great leader certainly won't help the company, but I have a feeling they'll find a way to make it through.

mariner

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:38 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 9):
Wall Street wasn't the only one.

A little grace would not go astray.

Because whatever the future, however bright it may be, it is a sad day for those of us who care about the airline.

mariner
aeternum nauta

F9Animal

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:40 am

Quoting Tripleboom (Thread starter):
We got a letter today from our CEO saying that he is stepping down to take on a role with another, non-aviation, company. Best of luck to Jeff. He certainly has guided our company through some rough times and helped pave the way for an exciting future for Frontier. He will be dearly missed in the family.

This is very sad news indeed. Jeff was a great guy. I had the great opportunity to meet him in DEN, and he was just a regular guy. He has a great sense of humor, and is always upbeat. He also is not a Bullshater, if something is not right, he says it how it is. While I am POSITIVE the family at F9 will dearly miss him at the controls, Jeff is paving the way for someone with new ideas to jump in. Jeff has been with F9 for a long time, and sometimes change is a good thing for CEO's. There is no doubt that F9 will come out swinging.

Quoting Flightopsguy (Reply 3):
Good for Jeff! First rat to leave the sinking ship.

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 9):
A rat indeed...

I am not sure how to take that. Potter has done a fine job, and maybe it is just burning him out, or perhaps he can't seem to find the profits. He has done a hell of a job though. Look at F9's size before he came onboard. He assisted in creating a hell of a airline, and he assisted in branding the name.

Quoting Mariner (Reply 8):

mariner

Forget Wall Street. F9 faced much more trouble in 1998, and they came out of it winning. Maybe it is time for a little restructure in the top. I will miss Potter though. I wish him the best of luck.
I Am A Different Animal!!

F9Animal

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:42 am

Oh yeah, I did not even think about this one.... Maybe Potter was asked to step down.
I Am A Different Animal!!

CarsAir04

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:43 am

Jeff will be missed by a lot of employees. He is the type of guy anyone at Frontier could go up to and say hello and have a conversation about anything, work, life, etc. Unlike some other airlines, not all of them, where CEO's and VP's hide on their own floor and don't talk to their employees.

I sure hope they find someone who can fill his shoes.

MSYtristar

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:45 am

Maybe the next CEO will change the slogan back to "The Spirit of the West". Doubtful, obviosuly, but I always liked that one a lot better. Just seeing "Frontier" in the old script font that they had made you feel like you were going on an adventure to the wilderness or something!

mariner

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:46 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 12):
Forget Wall Street.

You can't forget Wall Street, F9. Frontier shares (FRNT) are now trading nearly a dollar below book value, and the market cap is now less than the company's own cash reserves.

Something had to happen, and nothing else has been a catalyst.

As I said, a very sad day.

mariner
aeternum nauta

AirframeAS

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:49 am

Excuse my ignorance but what do the naysayers on this forum have against Potter? Care to share? Oh, please do!

WesternA318

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:52 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 17):
Excuse my ignorance but what do the naysayers on this forum have against Potter? Care to share? Oh, please do!

Airframe, its just a personal matter between me and Potter, from years ago.

Observer

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Hey, everyone, Potter is leaving for a higher paying job. Plain and simple.

DIA

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 10):
Losing a great leader certainly won't help the company, but I have a feeling they'll find a way to make it through.

I'll second that.
Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

lowecur

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:51 pm

He knew that he could never head a combined B6/F9. This move sets the table once the FL/YX deal is done.

[Edited 2007-08-03 05:53:13]

FreequentFlier

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:59 pm

Quoting Lowecur (Reply 21):
He knew that he could never head a combined B6/F9. This move sets the table once the FL/YX deal is done.

I'm a little surprised we never heard anything about B6/F9. If FL/YX goes through, we could see some wheels set in motion.

graphic

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Well unfortunately, he was the guy who was gung-ho on keeping Frontier a separate entity.
Demand Media fails at life

mariner

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Quoting Lowecur (Reply 21):
He knew that he could never head a combined B6/F9.

I have never seen any virtue in that combination. As a Frontier shareholder, I would vote against it.

mariner
aeternum nauta

FreequentFlier

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Quoting Mariner (Reply 24):
I have never seen any virtue in that combination. As a Frontier shareholder, I would vote against it.

Why not? Complimentary aircraft. West coast DEN hub combined with East coast JFK and BOS hubs to improved feed on both ends. Young fleet with DirecTV on-board service. Meanwhile, both carriers are experiencing a few struggles now as stand-alones. What's not to like with the merger?

mariner

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting FreequentFlier (Reply 25):
What's not to like with the merger?

On a superficial level, the aircraft may be compatible, the engines are not. Frontier's pilots are unionized - JetBlue's are not. I have no idea where Lynx would fit into the (merged) picture, and I don't know how JetBlue would regard Republic.

More importantly, for me, as I've said here before, I don't think JetBlue is - or was - a particularly well run company. I think they need to sort out their own problems before they start buying anyone else - with which CEO Barger would seem to agree.

Nor do I see the value in combining two financially weaker companies - mergers are costly, difficult things, and it could easily destroy the combined whole rather than strengthen it.

US and HP have not had an easy road, for example, and I think they are not "one company" even now.

There may be other mergers, involving Frontier, that might work, but for now I think that both Frontier and JetBlue are better placed as stand-alone's than as a merged company.

A code share, or some kind of alliance, would be a different matter, but generally I don't subscribe to the a.net merger game.

mariner
aeternum nauta

alphascan

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Quoting Mariner (Reply 26):
but generally I don't subscribe to the a.net merger game.

That would make you right 999,999 times out of a million. Not a bad average.
"To he who only has a hammer in his toolbelt, every problem looks like a nail."

lowecur

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:51 pm

If Frontier continues it's slide comparatively speaking on lack of profits, do you think the board will entertain offers or hire a Goldman Sachs to see what the interest is? Yeah, I think so. Oh, I know your counter will be let's see how the new feeder set up to smaller cities works before starting the countdown......but to me it would be delaying the inevitable.

You may be right on B6 for a number of reasons.....weak balance sheet, recent history of poor decisions, and unproven new leadship. That coupled with the fact that there are other carriers that would not let this slide through without making their pitch. Those included would be WN and Alaska (sell all the a/c), UAL, and possibly NW.....all with strong balance sheets and the legacys with questionable leadership.

Either way, the fat lady is ready to sing.

lowecur

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:02 pm

More importantly, for me, as I've said here before, I don't think JetBlue is - or was - a particularly well run company. I think they need to sort out their own problems before they start buying anyone else - with which CEO Barger would seem to agree.

He'll be gone a year from now and Russ Chew will be in charge. If he can''t turn it around, DL will buy them out. While they are in the boardroom brainstorming, other carriers have made their chess moves in the last 3 or 4 months locking up gate space on just about anywhere Jetblue wants to make some moves. They will have a tough time surviving without a merger partner like F9.

The other carriers have seen B6 as their biggest threat the last 5 or 6 years.....they should have been more worried about FL.

alphascan

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:49 pm

You won't see a legacy buying a LCC anytime soon. There are too many obstacles. IF there is to be any consolidation in the near future, it will be legacy/legacy and/or LCC/LCC.
"To he who only has a hammer in his toolbelt, every problem looks like a nail."

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 am

Quoting Lowecur (Reply 28):
Oh, I know your counter will be let's see how the new feeder set up to smaller cities works before starting the countdown.

That wouldn't be my counter at all. Why put words in my mouth?

weak balance sheet, recent history of poor decisions, and unproven new leadship.

I don't think the recent decisons are poor. I think many of the earlier decisions were very poor.

Sorry, I am not sure which airline you mean.

mariner
aeternum nauta

LAXintl

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:58 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 16):
You can't forget Wall Street, F9. Frontier shares (FRNT) are now trading nearly a dollar below book value, and the market cap is now less than the company's own cash reserves.

Something had to happen, and nothing else has been a catalyst.

Agreed. F9's management and board must find a better way to move away from its anemic lack of profits and increase share holder value going forward.
Hopefully Lynx, the Republic flying and other changes in the pipeline are a catalyst for this. In the mean time however I guess Potter can serve to be the sacrificial lamb to appese Wall Street whom have been far from supportive.

As a Frontier shareholder, I would vote against it.

While indeed B6 has had it recent share of problems and its no longer the industry golden boy, I would think as a shareholder you would be happy if such a deal could unlock greater share value.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:06 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 32):
I would think as a shareholder you would be happy if such a deal could unlock greater share value.

No, sir.

Making money is a consideration in any investment - but if you want to make money you don't invest in airlines, given that there is always the odd lucky break.

I invest I airlines that interest me because I am an airline nut.

I think that Frontier and JetBlue (a) would create a very weak entity and (b) would not create an airline that interests me.

mariner
aeternum nauta

DIA

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:06 am

Woah, there. Hold up just a minute. Don't throw in the towel just yet. We wouldn't have many airlines here in the U.S. if this was the mentality.

Now, in terms of mergers in F9's future...history has proven that in order for mergers to occur, you do not need two airlines with similar a/c, let alone similar on-board entertainment. Airlines/mergers have survived w/o this being an unrecoverable setback. My point for saying this is that my neighbor, an F9 pilot, has stated just this week that he has heard rumblings in the "staff-room" regarding, yes..., AirTran being a ripe candidate for taking over Frontier, gulp. Much as it hurts me to say that, I feel as though I can share it with a.net folk. Apparently, as he stated his news, "AirTran is desperate for a "more-western" hub...seems they think they can very much capitalize on it." He went on...AirTran would love to merge with Midwest (as shown in that thoroughly conclusive powerpoint presentation floating around out there), but if that does not occur, they want F9 before other airlines see F9 as a lucrative target themselves.

What do I think? Well, plain and simple, I'm perplexed by the possibilities and leadership by just about every airline out there...so I have no relevant thoughts on this situation, but I do wish Frontier all the luck in the world.

Type-Rated

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 15):
Maybe the next CEO will change the slogan back to "The Spirit of the West". Doubtful, obviosuly, but I always liked that one a lot better. Just seeing "Frontier" in the old script font that they had made you feel like you were going on an adventure to the wilderness or something!

I agree with this 100%. The billboard livery, to me anyway, harkens back to the Pan Am days. Keep the tails as they are, but make that livery less eye popping.
And as for "The Spirit of the West". I say bring it back. It's much more exotic than "A Whole Different Animal".
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

FLYGUY767

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:46 am

Jet Blue has something that Frontier does not....

Brand Recognition

I would argue that the East Coast and West Coast know the name JetBlue inside and out..

Frontier was killed on the SFO-LAX, SFO-LAS, LAX-PHL, LAX-MSP because of poor marketing and lack of brand recognition. I would argue that JetBlue has a much stronger branding and a name that is much more recognized.

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

kingcavalier

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:49 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 35):
And as for "The Spirit of the West". I say bring it back. It's much more exotic than "A Whole Different Animal".

I like it too, but it seems to regionalize the airline. I've never liked that. And, how do you explain a sea turtle representing the West?

Quoting DIA (Reply 34):
an F9 pilot, has stated just this week that he has heard rumblings in the "staff-room" regarding, yes..., AirTran being a ripe candidate for taking over Frontier, gulp. Much as it hurts me to say that, I feel as though I can share it with a.net folk. Apparently, as he stated his news, "AirTran is desperate for a "more-western" hub...seems they think they can very much capitalize on it." He went on...AirTran would love to merge with Midwest (as shown in that thoroughly conclusive powerpoint presentation floating around out there), but if that does not occur, they want F9 before other airlines see F9 as a lucrative target themselves.

Some of my friends at AirTran have said they would go after Sun Country next if the YX deal fell through.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 36):
Frontier was killed on the SFO-LAX, SFO-LAS, LAX-PHL, LAX-MSP because of poor marketing and lack of brand recognition.

I'd dispute that, but it doesn't change anything.

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 36):
I would argue that JetBlue has a much stronger branding and a name that is much more recognized.

Okay. But that doesn't change my opinion of a potential merger.

mariner
aeternum nauta

FLYGUY767

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:52 am

Quoting KingCavalier (Reply 37):
Some of my friends at AirTran have said they would go after Sun Country next if the YX deal fell through.

That would be pointless as more than half of Sun Countrys flights are operated on a seasonal basis..

-JD

DIA

Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:54 am

Quoting KingCavalier (Reply 37):

I would not have even come close to even guessing at this scenario...interesting.

stapleton

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:04 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 33):
I invest I airlines that interest me because I am an airline nut.

I wish more people here on a.net would realize we are all nuts about airlines. That's why everyone is so passionate about what they think each airline should or should not do.

I wish only the best for the people at Frontier. Frontier has developed an employee loyalty (just like the old Frontier did, Ozark, North Central, Allegheny, Braniff, etc.) that is rare in many of the other airlines now flying. While loyalty doesn't ensure success, it does create a bond between those who are part of it that transcends the life of an airline. Those that have experienced this know that should "their" airline cease to exist for whatever reason (merger, chapter 7, etc.) it is like losing a loved one. Frontier has created this bond so when those that aren't involved look at things purely logically, they have no understanding of the those that are bound emotionally to the airline. For those that are involved, it is hard to look at the logical because the emotions are so much involved. Neither is right, neither is wrong but both have valid thoughts. It is this loyalty that makes mergers so difficult in this industry. It's part of the reason why when Continental and Western talked about merger many many years ago, they planned on using both names (similar to the railroads).

All this being said, I believe Frontier is at a juncture. Their plan has to work quickly or there will be options that aren't so pleasant. I think they have done extraordinary with the deal they have been dealt. They have survived in a ruthless industry to this point. They have created a hub at the same airport as United. That is no small feat. They have tried other marketing ideas and even though some did not work (California) , others have (Mexico). Such is how every business is. But to this point, Frontier lives or dies by Denver as they currently exist. Multi-hub airlines have reduced their exposure to any one location and it is for that reason a single hub airline like Frontier or Air Tran or JetBlue or Midwest are at risk. Their options are to either expand to a second hub (NOT FOCUS CITY) or strengthen their existing hub. The second hub option is difficult without acquiring another airline hence the Air Tran strategy. Strengthening the existing hub is easier to accomplish but increases both the risks and rewards of that market. Focus cities can diminish the risk but only marginally (20 flights a day in a focus city is still only 10% of a 200 flight a day hub). I do not believe creating a NEW hub for any of these airlines will be successful in today's environment. Codesharing does not diminish the dependence on one hub for a single hub airline. For this reason, I believe all four, Frontier, Air Tran, JetBlue and Midwest will at some point need to consider some consolidation.

Consequently, since my logical side says all the above, as I said before, I wish only the best for the people of Frontier and Midwest and JetBlue and Air Tran (and for that matter every other airline employee). Because, in the end, it is these individuals that will have their lives affected, good or bad. This industry is not for the weak of heart.

AirframeAS

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:06 am

Back onto the topic, I wish Potter well. Hope F9 gets a good CEO and keeps the success going.

FLYGUY767

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:07 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 38):
I'd dispute that, but it doesn't change anything.

What is their to dispute? If F9 had a loyal following, and a strong brand recognition they would have faired better in those now departed routes. Sorry for the pun, it was not intended!

-JD

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:26 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 43):
What is their to dispute? If F9 had a loyal following, and a strong brand recognition they would have faired better in those now departed routes.

Quite a lot.

The history of the original LAX focus city is much more complex than you allow, and LAX-MSP is an object lesson in a legacy determined to kill an upstart competitor on a particular route - and succeeding.

But LAX-STL, LAX-MCI and even LAX-PHL lasted longer and at least two of them might have stayed, but for one thing - the price of oil.

Because timing was also part of this, and, in particular, the sudden and unexpected beginning of the surge in the price of oil. What was profitable with oil at $30 bbl was not - then - with oil at $50 bbl.

No one, except perhaps Southwest, was ready for that shock, and this surge in oil led to domestic grief at most US airlines, and each coped with the rising price differently.

The more recent LAX-SFO is a whole other ball game, in itself extremely interesting - at least, to me.

There is also, I believe, a difference between brand recognition and brand loyalty.

But again, none of this changes my attitude to the concept of a merger between Frontier and JetBlue.

mariner
aeternum nauta

airfrnt

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:27 am

I've differed from Mariner on the eventual possibility of a merger of F9 with another airline for quite a while now, and nothing has changed my mind since. In my mind, B6, Virgin America and WN all may have something to say in particular on that trend. On the other hand, I have to disagree with what a lot of other people here are saying about F9 management. F9 is almost universally well regarded in denver, and really have survived in the middle of the most diffuclt operating environment in the country once WN started putting down routes.

In the long run, no leadership stays intact for long once their market cap price falls under the threshold of assets on hand. The worst that can be said about F9 is that they have not done a good job countering the PR that WN and UA have routinely thrown at F9 to keep the company marginalized.

At the end of the day, if F9 can't find a way to win at home, I prefer a B6/F9 linkup because it would catapult the surviving entity as a real competitor to the legacies with three strong hubs, and good north-south and east-west link ups. WN has the most cash to spend, and seems to be adopting a policy of giving consumers a lowercost transcon option by having a stop over in the middle (where DEN just happens to be). Virgin America I am the most scared about because their business model is sketchy, they already compete against UA in their existing hub, and have no clue how to market to DEN as opposed to SFO.

US and HP have not had an easy road, for example, and I think they are not "one company" even now.

While they are not integrated yet, the qtr results and the overall status of both airlines indicate that consolidation has worked well for them. Now it helps that HP is basically running US now (frankly, they were much saner to start with), but both companies where really on the brink before this merger caught on.

MaverickM11

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:33 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 44):
But LAX-STL, LAX-MCI and even LAX-PHL lasted longer and at least two of them might have stayed, but for one thing - the price of oil.

They were never anything other than dead-routes-flying.
E pur si muove -Galileo

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:35 am

Quoting AirFrnt (Reply 45):
I've differed from Mariner on the eventual possibility of a merger of F9 with another airline for quite a while now, and nothing has changed my mind since.

Whoa! I have not been against all mergers:

There may be other mergers, involving Frontier, that might work,

It is the particular merger - of Frontier and JetBlue - that I would vote against. However, this:

Quoting AirFrnt (Reply 45):
I prefer a B6/F9 linkup because it would catapult the surviving entity as a real competitor to the legacies

- is precisely what I would prefer not to see.

mariner
aeternum nauta

MSYtristar

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:43 am

Well, I hope F9 can still be a successful independent carrier, but if they have to merge with someone, I sure as hell hope it's not AirTran. Talk about two different company cultures! I know, I've worked at both. AirTran is a seemingly revolving door in terms of steady employment for people. They throw you out on the line with short staffing to the point of safety becoming an issue, and the vast majority of FL's management (Supervisors and up) shouldn't be working in a customer oriented business. Period. F9 knew how to get the most out of people while treating them fairly.

mariner

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:59 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 46):
They were never anything other than dead-routes-flying.

You and I have argued - sorry "discussed" - this before. Doesn't seem a lot of point in doing so again.

As of yesterday, it is a different ball game.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos