tozairport
Topic Author

Richard Branson Lies!

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:01 pm

OK, I don't like the whole VA idea, I think they are a foreign owned airline operating on US domestic routes etc., but in this video he outright lies!

http://www.marketwatch.com/tvradio/b...94&bclid=86272812&bctid=1135486330

Go to about 1:20 into it and he says that the big US carriers are not CAT III. What a bunch of BS. I know for a fact that UA is entirely CAT III. I believe that AA, CO, DL, and US are also fully CAT III. So which carriers is the liar talking about. And why is the head of a British company beaming so proudly at the launch of a US airline. What a crock.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

xjramper

RE: Richard Branson Lies!

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Richard Branson is the head of the Virgin Group. Each of the sub companies, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, even Virgin Mobile, along with 37 other sub brands of the company, is headed by a different leader, and their respective teams. Branson firmly believes in his hand picked leadership and lets them run the company on their own, without his direct leadership. After all VA has done to get it going in the US, I would be proud as well.

As to the CAT III thing, I am not quite sure where he found that information!

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

zeke

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting Tozairport (Thread starter):

Go to about 1:20 into it and he says that the big US carriers are not CAT III. What a bunch of BS.

With what equipment ? If your talking 744/777/A330 you would be right..

AFAIK most older 737s are not CAT 3, nor are a lot of older machines like DC9 etc. It was one of the selling points for the A320 when it came out, it was Cat 3, where the 737 was not. Even now, I think you can buy a 737NG that is not Cat 3, had something to do with a rudder servo for directional control on the runway.

I am sure a 737 driver could fill in the blanks...

If he is comparing it to similar sized aircraft, he maybe correct.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

asqx

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting Zeke (Reply 2):
AFAIK most older 737s are not CAT 3, nor are a lot of older machines like DC9 etc. It was one of the selling points for the A320 when it came out, it was Cat 3, where the 737 was not. Even now, I think you can buy a 737NG that is not Cat 3, had something to do with a rudder servo for directional control on the runway.

Actually, like ETOPS, CAT III capability is more airline than airplane specific. Not only must the aircraft be capable of flying in CAT III conditions, but the aircrew must be trained and current in CAT III operations in order to fly in actual CAT III conditions.

At many airlines, the need for flying in CAT III conditions is rare enough that it doesn't justify the cost in upgrading the equipment and training the crews. Frontier's A319s and crews weren't CAT III until sometime in either late 2004 or 2005, at least three years after N901FR was first delivered. I remember quite a few occasions where the flights into Seattle were diverted to Yakima due to FOG and low visibility. Needless to say it was somewhat embarasing when dead heading crews could make it into SEA from YKM on Horizon flights using Dash 8 Q200s while our A319s were unable to land.

With Virgin Americia hubbing at SFO, CAT III capability is a must, as they would otherwise suffer from an excessive number of delays due to fog and low visibility.

ikramerica

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:38 pm

And why is the head of a British company beaming so proudly at the launch of a US airline. What a crock.

I do think it is a slap in the face to the US government that he is acting like the head of this airline today when it's not supposed to be the case. But he should be wary: CO and AA and B6 are watching...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

zvezda

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Perhaps a moderator could fix the thread title? Perhaps "Richard Branson Tells the Truth!"

How boring!  Smile

ghost77

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Quoting Zvezda (Reply 5):
Perhaps a moderator could fix the thread title? Perhaps "Richard Branson Tells the Truth!"

I second this! R Branson says the truth!

Go Virgin America!!!! Let them FLY!!!!

g77
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Gemuser

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:20 pm

Quoting Asqx (Reply 3):
Actually, like ETOPS, CAT III capability is more airline than airplane specific.

It is also airport specific as the airport must be equipped AND certified for it and re-certified very regularly. I was on a QF flight CHC-SYD just after the Ansett collapse, it was operated by AC aircraft & crew. We were held at CHC due fog, I said to the Head FA, you mean your aircraft & crew are not CAT III? Her reply was that they were, the airport wasn't.

Apparently NO airport in Oz/NZ is anything other than CAT I as it not worth the cost. QF & NZ have all their long haul aircraft & pilots certified for CAT III for operation into more miserable climates such as JFK, LHR, HKG, NRT & FRA, but not their shorter haul fleets.

So given the ambiguities surrounding the simple phrase CAT III, I would bet SRB can defend his statement rather easily.

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85

Sandager

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:21 pm

OK, I don't like the whole VA idea, I think they are a foreign owned airline operating on US domestic routes etc., but in this video he outright lies!

Some American freightcarrier operates intraeuropean flights with american crew. Goods or pax it must be same sh*t. That shouldn't be allowed to I guess. At least according to your philosophy. Or is it just because it is a European carrier that you don't like it?

OA260

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:32 pm

How boring!

Exactly . Whats wrong about foreign companies operating US Domsestic services as long as they are playing by the rules and are safe ??? Are you against foreigners????

swiftski

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:42 pm

OK, I don't like the whole VA idea

You don't like it, and what a coincidence, you decide to criticise it. Biased?

You would have got a much better response had you not started with "I don't like..."

deltal1011man

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 9):
Exactly . Whats wrong about foreign companies operating US Domsestic services as long as they are playing by the rules and are safe ??? Are you against foreigners????

yes I'm against CABOTAGE which is what it is

Quoting Sandager (Reply 8):
Some American freightcarrier operates intraeuropean flights with american crew. Goods or pax it must be same sh*t. That shouldn't be allowed to I guess. At least according to your philosophy. Or is it just because it is a European carrier that you don't like it?

so Europe is a nation now?

welcome to my RU list just for being against VX

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 4):
CO and AA and B6 are watching...

as will DL,WN and UA

ADXMatt

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:47 pm

At Continental our B737-700/-800/-900 are CAT 3a and the 737-300/-500 are CAT 2 w/autoland
B757/B767/B777 are CAT 3b

It is true the airline, a/c, and crew must be qualified. The airport must have the CAT 2/3 approach available as well. Most airports that need this capability have these approaches.

I can't watch the video at work but will watch it when I get home.

OA260

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Quoting DeltaL1011man (Reply 11):

No its a Union as Im sure you well know with common policies so flying from one EU state to another EU state is like flying from one US state to another US state  Wink

Norcal773

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:49 pm

ou

Sour grapes anyone? It sounds like you're just against Vigin, period. Competition is good so I think VA will be a welcome sight in our skies. Way to go SRB!
If you're going through hell, keep going

Glareskin

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:00 pm

The CATIII thing is a minor part of all he is saying. The basic point is that he wants to be successful in the US by offering better products to competitive prices. In the worst case this stimulates the US carriers to react with a better product. It is called competition and it's healthy for the economy. Protectionism rarely leads to success. And what is even better: in the end it is the consumer (you and me!) having the profits.
There's still a long way to go before all the alliances deserve a star...

a3

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:05 pm

Europe is one of the The Seven Continents. ............ (Geography never hurt any one  Smile),
European Union on the other hand is an organization within Europe that has common laws and free trade between them.
For more info : http://europa.eu/

Rgds
A3
Don't spend your money on airlines that don't respect your business.

deltal1011man

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 13):
No its a Union as Im sure you well know with common policies so flying from one EU state to another EU state is like flying from one US state to another US state

no I'm sorry but its not!(and even if it was do you see DL,AA,UA,NW,US flying CDG-AMS?)

Bobski

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Quoting DeltaL1011man (Reply 17):
no I'm sorry but its not!(and even if it was do you see DL,AA,UA,NW,US flying CDG-AMS?)

This is true, you don't see that. Do you see Virgin America also flying routes in Europe? Nope. Its an American airline, albeit foreign owned. If SRB thinks there's a market opening, then he should go for it. A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone, unless of course you favour Government protectionism, which is proven to cause nothing but economic difficulty.
Who is Benjamin Breeg?

swiftski

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Air Berlin fly domestic UK routes.

Let's shut them down!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Berlin

"Air Berlin, Inc., was formed in Oregon, USA, by a former Pan Am captain in 1978."

a3

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 19):
Air Berlin fly domestic UK routes.

Let's shut them down!!!!!!!!!!

Wink ,  Wink ,  Wink

Competition and free trade was the basic idea behind E.U .
For a US Carrier to take a chunk out of EU carriers within intra EU routes is very difficult ( At least with the present mentality and service that they have in their intra US flights.)

Let all flowers bloom  Smile

Rgds
A3
Don't spend your money on airlines that don't respect your business.

Spruit

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:26 pm

OK, I don't like the whole VA idea, I think they are a foreign owned airline operating on US domestic routes etc

*Yawn* How many times have we heard this line from various people over the last few months?

*Yawn* Sad that you respect someone only because with are against an airline isn't it?

and even if it was do you see DL,AA,UA,NW,US flying CDG-AMS?)

Nope, but the difference is, I wouldn't be complaining about it if they we're, competition is a good thing for the consumer, it tends to make things cheaper/better/faster take your pick.

If ANY of the airlines you mentioned above were flying CDG-AMS and they offered a better service or cheaper service than the competition then I'd fly them instead, it has no bearing on who owns the airline so long as I'm getting what I want for a good price?

Spru!
E=Mc2

OA260

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:26 pm

No but DL used to fly FRA-ATH/SVO etc...

ThePRGuy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:38 pm

OK, I don't like the whole VA idea, I think they are a foreign owned airline operating on US domestic routes etc.,

rotfl  hahahahahhahahahaha you numpty. You not aware that all the "nasty foreign man" is trying to do is introduce a carrier that people might actually LIKE to fly?

Quoting Zeke (Reply 2):
With what equipment ? If your talking 744/777/A330 you would be right..

checkmark 

Alex
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

kl911

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Panam had hubs in Europe, and that´s ofcourse different hey?  Smile

KL911

nighthawk

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Quoting Zeke (Reply 2):
If he is comparing it to similar sized aircraft, he maybe correct.

I think a more appropriate title would be "Tozairport" lies!

AA7295

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:51 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 9):

yes I'm against CABOTAGE which is what it is

Quoting Sandager (Reply 8):

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 4):
CO and AA and B6 are watching...

as will DL,WN and UA

I'm 100% with DeltaL1011man, and 100% against Virgin America. Yes, they may be based in the US, and may be partially US owned, but the majority shareholder stakes are European. At a time when legacy carriers are struggling, VX comes in and tries to take on the glory. Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned. Also, these start ups are always trying to capitalise on the highly profitable routes, such as SFO-JFK etc, but do you see them taking on regional routes. No! Just leave that up to the legacy carriers. Geez, you'd think that they'd also have the decency to purchase US-Made B737's. AA, DL CO (and UA & NW internationally) all the way!

Regards,
AA7295

OA260

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 26):
Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned

More seats for the Europeans that like to fly decent airlines on US Domestic then  bigthumbsup 

AA7295

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 27):
More seats for the Europeans that like to fly decent airlines on US Domestic then

That's funny, in the few days they have been operating have you flown VX in order to make a call like that? Besides, ever heard of Continental Airlines...pisses all over LH and BA. And if you do your research, it is actually the most admired airline in the world. (I actually have a source for that comment, but I'm waiting to here what comeback you got!)

Regards,
AA7295

[Edited 2007-08-09 13:02:44]

[email protected]

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Richard Branson Lies!

And I think you look thin.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

avalon2862

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Technically.. they aren't foreign-owned... but...Hey... if they offer better service and more reliable performance than the rest of the US carriers, I could care less WHERE they are from... I'm all for pride in American companies, but when American companies provide cr*p services, I'll go elsewhere.

I fly Virgin Atlantic across the pond all the time.. simply because I prefer their service over what UA, Delta, and AA offer.

I welcome Virgin America to the mix! It'll be a nice breath of fresh air!

[email protected]

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Quoting Avalon2862 (Reply 30):
It'll be a nice breath of fresh air!

Or virgin air?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

fbgdavidson

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:18 pm

People on here tend to be the first to leap to Branson's defence or throw him under the bus at every given opportunity. Could it be possible that he just made a mistake and was fed a duff fact by one of the researchers? Besides it isn't like proclaiming he is a CATIII airline is going to wow the masses into flying VX is it?

Besides this point I think Branson is an idiot. I do like the idea of Virgin America, it'd be a good shake up for the US industry to see what Virgin's philosophy can bring to the table....plus $800 F class transcons can't be bad  Wink

If you want an example of Branson at his lying worst then just look at his nonsense Concorde debacle. Even four years on when the somewhat predictable Concorde threads do the rounds someone says, 'Why couldn't Virgin have been given a chance?'  Yeah sure He certainly has amazing PR and media pull to get people behind him when he knew he couldn't operate those aircraft. Virgin didn't have the money nor the resources to run the aircraft, they'd have been painted up in VS's livery and then given to museums. Branson knew it yet he continued to let the story run, and run, and run.  Angry

To get a small fact wrong is one thing but to categorically lie out of your rear end in order to win public brownie points is ridiculous.  thumbsdown 

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 10):
You don't like it, and what a coincidence, you decide to criticise it. Biased?

Eh? If he doesn't like it then I'd say it is natural and perfectly acceptable to criticise it...  Confused That isn't necessarily biased!!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

OHLHD

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 pm

At a time when legacy carriers are struggling, VX comes in and tries to take on the glory.

This is called competition. Are they struggling? Aviation business is on the raise again.

Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned.

I guess most patriots will be pleased when they see a US registered A/C with a small US flag on it.  Yeah sure

FLVILLA

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 28):
That's funny, in the few days they have been operating have you flown VX in order to make a call like that? Besides, ever heard of Continental Airlines...pisses all over LH and BA. And if you do your research, it is actually the most admired airline in the world. (I actually have a source for that comment, but I'm waiting to here what comeback you got!)

Regards,
AA7295

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or not  Yeah sure
I hope in life i can work to live, not live to work

mariner

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Yes, they may be based in the US, and may be partially US owned, but the majority shareholder stakes are European.

The US Department of Transporation (DOT) disgrees with you.

The DOT originally denied Virgin America because the US ownership was not clear. This is what the DOT demanded before Virgin Amerca could be given its AOC:

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot12406.htm

"Virgin America would have to revise its ownership, corporate structure and associated agreements to be 75 percent owned and actually controlled by U.S. citizens before it can receive an operating certificate, the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) said today in tentatively denying the company’s application."

When Virgin America changed its structure - its ownership - the AOC was granted.

mariner
aeternum nauta

AA7295

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 33):
I guess most patriots will be pleased when they see a US registered A/C with a small US flag on it.

That has "Made In France" stamped on the undercarriage. Yeah... Right on the money there!

rsbj

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 pm

All of our 737's are CATIII, including the very first 300 delivered to an any airline.

Quoting Zeke (Reply 2):
Even now, I think you can buy a 737NG that is not Cat 3, had something to do with a rudder servo for directional control on the runway.

Do you know what you're talking about!? You've made some bizzare posts here the last week. Are you feeling ok?
I fly really fast and take a lot of chances.

OHLHD

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 36):
That has "Made In France" stamped on the undercarriage. Yeah... Right on the money there!

Maybe they should make it really bbiiigggggg on the under carriage. Big grin

MADE IN FRANCE? What's that, can you eat that? I hate those ads on aircrafts.

Signed,

The American Patriot

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 28):
Besides, ever heard of Continental Airlines...pisses all over LH and BA. And if you do your research, it is actually the most admired airline in the world. (I actually have a source for that comment, but I'm waiting to here what comeback you got!)

Are you talking about CO here? I think after the 1 000 000 000 profit LH will be more than happy if CO pisses them evenmore of. Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

Quoting FLVILLA (Reply 34):
I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or not

I was just thinking the same!

B7X7

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 36):

So you saying US Airways should have bought Boeing then?? because they are an American airline, but operate European made planes, just like NW, UA, and AA.  Confused  confused 

[Edited 2007-08-09 13:42:11]

ANother

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:48 pm

Quoting A3 (Reply 16):

Europe is one of the The Seven Continents. ............ (Geography never hurt any one Smile),

Just like 'America' is a continent, not a country, but geography never hurt any one  Wink

Quoting Bobski (Reply 18):
Its an American airline, albeit foreign owned.

partially US owned, but the majority shareholder stakes are European.

Technically.. they aren't foreign-owned...

The US DOT determined that Virgin America was majority US owned in accordance with US laws.

and even if it was do you see DL,AA,UA,NW,US flying CDG-AMS?

No we don't - but US airlines have the right to do so (passenger as 5th freedom, cargo as 7th freedom) today (even before US-EU open skies come into effect. And we do see US cargo operators operating 7ths between EU member states.

nighthawk

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:52 pm

Quoting B7X7 (Reply 39):
So you saying US Airways should have bought Boeing then?? because they are an American airline, but operate European made planes, just like NW, UA, and AA.

... better get rid of all the jungle jets too from the express carriers. They aint made in the US of A...

avalon2862

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Yes, they may be based in the US, and may be partially US owned, but the majority shareholder stakes are European. At a time when legacy carriers are struggling, VX comes in and tries to take on the glory. Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned. Also, these start ups are always trying to capitalise on the highly profitable routes, such as SFO-JFK etc, but do you see them taking on regional routes. No! Just leave that up to the legacy carriers.

So I take it, then (by your reasoning) that Continental Micronesia's operations in Asia are wrong as well?

afterburner

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:03 pm

Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned.

Do you hope that Americans don't ride Mercedes, wear Rolex on their wrists, wear Armani suits and Gucci shoes, eat Beluga caviar, buy De Beers diamonds for their ladies, and buy Sony Playstation 3 consoles for their kids? Don't you realize that this new 'European' company provides jobs for hundreds, maybe thousands Americans?

For anyone who doesn't like the existence of Virgin America, please complain to The U.S. Department of Transportation that granted the approval for this airline to operate.

Barnesy2006

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:10 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 27):
Geez, you'd think that they'd also have the decency to purchase US-Made B737's

Just like JetBlue then right  Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused

baroque

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 31):
It'll be a nice breath of fresh air!

Or virgin air?

Not much of that around -either!

Quoting Mariner (Reply 35):
When Virgin America changed its structure - its ownership - the AOC was granted.

Oops there goes another leg out from under this stalking horse.  bigthumbsup 

Zvezda seems to have had the basics for this thread in one short phrase.

Perhaps the thread starter is striving for a charter of posting honesty such that every divergence from 100% veracity automatically generates an "XXXXX1234 lies" thread.

Nice, but is there enough bandwidth? And what of the posts with "here" when they mean "hear", a rather different concept? Let alone the there and theirs which can also be a bit different.

On the positive side it has brought a nice word into the vocabulary:

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 23):
you numpty

Seconded PRGuy, seconded.

Sandager

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:18 pm

OA260 said it regarding the EU. No further comments.
It isn't really any news that americans are patriots. patriotisme is nice, just it osmetimes turns into stupidity.
Come on, the FAA told what changes had to be made for Virgin America to be allowed to operate. Apparently they now made those changes. So they can't really be majority owned by foreigners can they?

Quoting ANother (Reply 40):
No we don't - but US airlines have the right to do so (passenger as 5th freedom, cargo as 7th freedom) today (even before US-EU open skies come into effect. And we do see US cargo operators operating 7ths between EU member states.

You see this as being fair competition while say european carriers are not granted the same rights?

I don't really get your american "BS." Sorry I don't really mean to upset anyone. Land of the free and country of posibilities, or whatever branding we hear americans call their country and yet when someone brings an idea that might give people a better service or just generally a better experience when flying you really move fast to complain or wish bad luck for some one. well live with it Virgin America is happening right now. Give them a chance. As some one else has mentioned, I believe. Service can ONLY get better when travellling domestic in the US

flybyguy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Isn't that a little off? Personally, I don't think that VX is following the rules to a T in terms of cabotage, but US airlines and companies have a great deal of advantage and power in foreign nations while foreign airlines have to fight for scraps here in the US. VX is a SRB pet project, who knows if it will make money unless Virgin Atlantic offers business travelers incentive to fly them. The only thing that I can say is that if they can stay afloat on their own by providing superior service and amenities at a good value, then to hell with United PS and American Flagship services because I think United and American have been plagued with p*ss poor service for years (at top dollar might I add) only to make up for it partially on a handful of select flights. A little competition weeds out the weaklings and makes for better consumer choice and value especially on popular routes.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

ManchesterMAN

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm 100% with DeltaL1011man, and 100% against Virgin America. Yes, they may be based in the US, and may be partially US owned, but the majority shareholder stakes are European. At a time when legacy carriers are struggling, VX comes in and tries to take on the glory. Be careful VX, Americans are patriots for all the right reasons, and I hope they choose not to fly your airline because your foreign owned.

Your views are quite scary. No country, not even America can thrive in isolation. It is "foreigners" (I really hate that word) that have helped make America what it is. I certainly don't see any sort of backlash as you are suggesting against Virgin America because they are minority owned by overseas interests. The sheer number of Honda and Toyota cars on the road gives you a clue here. At the end of the day all the crews will be American, providing well needed jobs for the country.
Flown: A300,A319,A320,A321,A330,A340.A380,717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC9,DC10,MD11,MD80,F100,F50,ERJ,E190,CRJ,BAe146,Da

AA7295

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 38):
MADE IN FRANCE? What's that, can you eat that? I hate those ads on aircrafts.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you smoke something just before you typed that?

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 38):
Are you talking about CO here? I think after the 1 000 000 000 profit LH will be more than happy if CO pisses them evenmore of.

Quoting FLVILLA (Reply 34):
I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or not

I was just thinking the same!

You comment about LH's profit still hasn't negated the fact that CO is the World's Most Admired Global Airline, so yeah I'm still waiting.

Quoting Avalon2862 (Reply 42):
So I take it, then (by your reasoning) that Continental Micronesia's operations in Asia are wrong as well?

CM's operations are based in Guam, last time I checked Guam was an unincorporated territory of the United States.

Regards,
AA7295

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos