pmg1704
Topic Author

380 Wing Seized By Plane Stupid

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:03 am

Airbus Plane Wing Seized by U.K. Climate Protestors

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601209&sid=aG6QCyTr_NLM&refer=transportation

Aug. 13 (Bloomberg) -- U.K. protesters seized a barge delivering a wing for an Airbus SAS A380 airliner at the start of a campaign against aviation's contribution to climate change.

The wing was being transported along the River Dee from Airbus's factory at Broughton, Wales, the environmental group 'Plane Stupid' said in a statement today. Protestors boarded the barge and pitched tents on it before being removed.

The action begins a week-long campaign against the aviation industry that continues tomorrow with a demonstration at Europe's busiest airport, London Heathrow, and culminates in a day of mass protest on Aug. 19. The A380 was singled out because any fuel-efficiency gains it offers will be wiped out by a surge in the number of people flying, protestors said.

PlymSpotter

RE: 380 Wing Seized By Plane Stupid

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:08 am

Quoting Pmg1704 (Thread starter):
The A380 was singled out because any fuel-efficiency gains it offers will be wiped out by a surge in the number of people flying, protestors said.

These people really are utter arseholes. It's a shame we can't just shoot them, think of all that unnecessary Co2 they are breathing out...  Yeah sure
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Osprey88

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:12 am

Can't these guys use their brains?

Seizing a wing to an A380 is going to really help stop global warming now isn't it?

Quoting Bloomberg:
About 200 people have already arrived near the airport to create a ''sustainable eco-village,'' said Heather Riley, a spokeswoman for organizers Camp for Climate Action. The group opposes Heathrow operator BAA Ltd.'s plans for a third runway.

The 'village' consists of tents, wind turbines and solar panels and is outside the airport's perimeter fence near the headquarters of BAA.

[Edited 2007-08-13 21:21:42]
"Reading departure signs in some big airports reminds me of the places I've been"

DfwRevolution

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:12 am

The wing was being transported along the River Dee from Airbus's factory at Broughton, Wales, the environmental group 'Plane Stupid' said in a statement today.

What an apt title...  Yeah sure
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

SHUPirate1

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 am

Well, all I will say is that that protestor group is Plane Stupid!
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

remcor

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 am

Well, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt so I went to the Plane Stupid website.

I was disappointed. What I was hoping for was a clear mission statement and an explanation about how people would get around without airplane travel. Didn't really see anything of the sort. The only practical thing I saw was that the number one destination of fliers from London is to Paris... and that taking the train to Paris is much more environmentally responsible. They have a valid point on that one. They'd even have a valid point if their campaign was only that rail travel should be promoted when traveling by rail is a viable alternative.

However, the A380 is not going to fly Paris-London. So what's the alternative huh? No explanation.

I do love the post on their website that says that members of Plane Stupid should not fly to the Dublin protest (duh?). However, I really doubt that taking the train + taking a boat + taking a bus/taxi/train to the airport to get to the protest (as is suggested) is any more environmentally friendly than taking a plane.

[Edited 2007-08-13 21:16:52]

AlanUK

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 am

Freaks! Glad BAA got them out of Heathrow for this week's protests...

MadameConcorde

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:18 am

How could they ever manage to seize an A380 wing? They are huge!

I wonder how many of these Plane Stupid idiots own no cars or cell phones (think of the electro-magnetic pollution they could make with their cell phones)?

Airbus Plane Wing Seized by U.K. Climate Protestors
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

jacobin777

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:23 am

...what "line number" is this wing to go on? Anyone know?
"Up the Irons!"

MD11junkie

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:24 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 8):
How could they ever manage to seize an A380 wing? They are huge!

Well - being the huge! dumbasses they are, go figure... it shouldn't have been a problem.

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 1):
These people really are utter arseholes. It's a shame we can't just shoot them, think of all that unnecessary Co2 they are breathing out... Yeah sure

rotfl   rotfl   checkmark 

Gastón - The MD11junkie
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!

gh123

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:31 am

They should have thrown them in river to drown. Losers.

Don't they have jobs to go to?!

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 am

Do me one favor, tell them boarding a vessel and seizing its cargo is considered a crime. Now those boats should carry hoses to prevent this.

Hunter

[Edited 2007-08-13 21:39:56]
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

DAYflyer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:42 am

I wonder how many of the protesters know who AL Gore is and fly around with him on his private jet protesting environmentally unsound practices such as flying around in jumbo jets.....what a bunch of retreads.....
One Nation Under God

WA707atMSP

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:42 am

What makes me really mad is that they are targeting the wrong segment of the aviation industry.

On a per seat basis, Hollywood celebrities flying on their chartered Gulfstream IVs to Aspen or St Barths emit far more emissions than a family of 4 flying on Ryanair or EasyJet from London to Majorca for their annual vacation. These protesters should be focusing their anger at private jets, and encouraging celebrities to help the environment by flying commercial like everyone else!

glideslope

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:02 am

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 1):
These people really are utter arseholes. It's a shame we can't just shoot them, think of all that unnecessary Co2 they are breathing out...  

I'm with you. Let me know if I can help.  checkmark 
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.” Sun Tzu

Glom

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:08 am

The Law of Unintended Consequences. By an injunction against them, BAA just drove them to go extreme on someone else. Of course, BAA did the only thing they could. The only other way for this to go down would be to club 'em. Where's my baseball bat?

ltbewr

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 am

Wouldn't their act be considered an act of terrorism under UK law? I hope all that boarded the barge and all who supported them, including the base organization, be treated as if they were a like the London and Glasgow airport bombers. I hope all involved were arrested, subject to full terrorism charges, not allowed to make bail and be tried after rotting in a jail for a couple of months. If any of their fellow a-holes get into secure areas at LHR, that they get rubber bullits up their butts and also busted as terrorists that they are.

gkirk

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 am

Quoting AlanUK (Reply 6):
Freaks! Glad BAA got them out of Heathrow for this week's protests...

Ach, we should let them onto the runways at LHR...get them to stand in front of a 757 that's powering up to 100% thrust and... Big grin
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

greggarious

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 am

Good grief... They probably didn't even carpool when driving their SUVs to the docks! Amateurs!

Edit: I completely misspelled "amateurs"...  sarcastic 

[Edited 2007-08-13 23:25:13]

ContnlEliteCMH

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:23 am

Quoting Osprey88 (Reply 2):
Can't these guys use their brains?

Seizing a wing to an A380 is going to really help stop global warming now isn't it?

Ah, my friend, you show that you don't understand why they do what they do. They're using their brains. Your question is rational based on a set of assumptions, none of which they share. Sure, the vast majority of people think as you do and view their protests as irrational, but they don't.

It is *my* perception that for these people, when they say, "We have to take action!" they really mean "We have to talk and march!"

For them, talk = action.

For most, vote/work/fight/play = action.

These are two completely different viewpoints. Plane Stupid is in the camp that talk is action. The vast majority of people ignore them because, of course, talk is cheap. When the talkers get in the way, as they tried at Heathrow, the majority who think that talk and action are separate, take action per the law and forcibly move them out of the way.

Now, some will say, "Seizing an A380 wing wasn't talk; it was action!" Not really. It was no different than trying to plug up Heathrow by standing around and chanting. Seizing the barge was, in effect, just cheap talk and it will get them nothing except maybe a trip to jail.
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

Revelation

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 23):
Wouldn't their act be considered an act of terrorism under UK law?

Terrorism? All they did was board the barge and set up tents. I think there's a better case for piracy.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

CXA330300

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 am

Or we could all eat less beef, cattle make up for quite a lot of greenhouse gases! Yes! Those cute things' farts are quite bad for our planet!

And of course, cars make up for ~10x the greenhouse gases...

[Edited 2007-08-13 23:42:17]
Home airport now: DCA/IAD

scouseflyer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 am

What this lot are doing is the same as the boss at work who says - "you're all claiming too many business miles - 10 & cut accross the board!" ie they're going in with a stick rather than a carrot and trying to beat public opinion to suit themselves. In the process of doing this they are aleinating who could be their supporters - ie the general public.

What they should be doing is being positive:

Standing for parliament / councils on positive alternative plans - eg "the improve the rail links between London and the North to reduce internal flights" party which, even if they don't get elected will make the other politicians talk about the issues as part of the election.

Starting co-operative of public transport users who can club toegther and buy shares in transport companies to get voting rights.

Getting influential people on their side to lobby parliament to give tax breaks to more effiecient goods.

Starting businesses that have a green agenda which will contribute to tackling the problem.

What they shouldn't be doing is trying to bully the British public into feeling bad for taking a weeks holiday in Marbella once a year!  gnasher 

Oh and whilst I'm on it - stop spreading mis-informed lies about things. The current debate about 4x4s really gets my goat - they've managed to get 4x4s labelled as gas-guzzelling (despite the fact that we use petrol or diesel in the UK not gas!) when it's actually the case that some are and some are no worse than a normal family car. I nearly swung for a bloke a work who wears his "I hate 4x4s" T-shirt with pride whilst arriving at work in a 4 litre Jaguar saloon.......

I must be cross I'm a fully paid-up tree-higger me who rights letters to his council to get them to confirm that all of the trees cut down in a development are replaced!

art

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:22 am

No.

I hope all involved were arrested, subject to full terrorism charges

Sorry to disappoint you, but obstructing the delivery of commercial goods is not an act of terrorism.

baron95

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 9):
the most fuel efficient (per seat) aircraft EVER made.

Be careful there. It is the most efficient per seat ONLY if two very strict conditions are met:
1 - It is almost full AND
2 - It is used on a long range route.

Fly it less than full and/or or short segments and there are more efficient planes around.

By the way I took it you meant commercial airliner when you said "aircraft". If we take aircraft (as the FAA define them) to include lighter than air, sail planes, etc, then there are even more problems with your statement.

Having said that, I agree whole heartly with the thrust of your remarks. The A380 is the absolutely worst possible airliner to target for enviromental protests. Concorde - yes; 742/DC-10/727 - maybe; 787/A380 - no.
Killer Fleet: E190, 737-900ER, 777-300ER

jacobin777

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting Baron95 (Reply 32):
Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 9):
the most fuel efficient (per seat) aircraft EVER made.

Be careful there. It is the most efficient per seat ONLY if two very strict conditions are met:
1 - It is almost full AND
2 - It is used on a long range route.

....er, I didn't make that statement....

....does anyone know which line number its going on?
"Up the Irons!"

osiris30

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:16 am

@baron95 (phone thing again  Wink )

You are correct with the thrust of my comments. And yes you are right that if you abuse the 380 it isn't going to be more efficient than other aircraft. I'm going on the assumption here that all airliners are being measured on optimal or even normal conditions though.

The bottom line: protesting any public, scheduled air service or scheduled equipment is pretty daft on their part and shows a true lack of understanding of how the indstry works.

Airlines are environmentalists by default thanks to the price of oil these days. If the 380 drank fuel like a 707 no one would order a single one.

I'm 100% for being green. I take public transit for about 100 miles round trip every day. But I'm for being "smart" green. Green doesn't have to be disruptive at all. That's the thing these idiots are missing. Turning off that 100watt bulb you leaving on all the time likely would offset the carbon from a trip you take on a full aircraft to just about anywhere.

These morons seem to think airlines burn jet fuel for the hell of it. I haven't checked the numbers but I'm willing to bet a fairly large sum of money that says the improvment in miles per gallon per seat has improved at a much faster rate for air travel in the last 40 years than any other form of travel going.

Maybe we should get these numbers together as an answer to these nuts and start our own campaign of factual information.
I don't care what you think of my opinion. It's my opinion, so have a nice day :)

jasond

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 am

Did any of these protesters fly or drive to their respective protest locations?? I don't mind people supporting a cause but its a bit like driving a car with 'Save the Planet' bumper stickers on it, hypocritical at best me thinks.

PlymSpotter

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:37 am

Quoting Jasond (Reply 35):
I don't mind people supporting a cause but its a bit like driving a car with 'Save the Planet' bumper stickers on it, hypocritical at best me thinks.

The biggest irony of all is that it's not about 'Save the Planet' it's more about 'save us!' The planet will always survive until the sun explodes - no matter what we throw at it; nuclear bombs the lot, it will survive, we'll just have deformed it so much that we can no longer live here...

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

PPVRA

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 am

Airbus should start flying the wings to Toulouse now, and blame it on Plane Stupid actions  Smile
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

jasond

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:55 am

Quoting Baron95 (Reply 32):
Having said that, I agree whole heartly with the thrust of your remarks. The A380 is the absolutely worst possible airliner to target for enviromental protests. Concorde - yes; 742/DC-10/727 - maybe; 787/A380 - no.

And improving all the time thanks to prevailing economics and NOT through protest action. In fact the desire to reduce fuel burn (and reduced emmissions as a side benefit) has been around a lot longer than some protest groups suggesting there was even a problem to start with. They are perhaps a few years behind the game. Or is it a case of some people struggling to find something to protest about?? How about putting their energies into global economic equality for example and tackling more pressing social issues rather than complaining about whether 20% reductions in aircraft emmissions is good enough. Of course its good enough for our current level of viable technology and will improve further over time.

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 36):
we'll just have deformed it so much that we can no longer live here...

If there's a dollar in the alternative we won't get that far  Smile

PC12Fan

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:01 am

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 25):
Good grief... They probably didn't even carpool when driving their SUVs to the docks!

Wonder how many cars they drove to get to the protest site. (sarcastic}

Gawd, people can be utter morons...
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

baron95

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 33):

I'm sorry. Osiris made that statement (repply 10) and defended it on repply 34. I'm not sure how the quote got attributed to you Jacobin. Once again I am sorry - if I only knew how I did it  Sad

jacobin777

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:06 am

Quoting Baron95 (Reply 40):
Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 33):

I'm sorry. Osiris made that statement (repply 10) and defended it on repply 34. I'm not sure how the quote got attributed to you Jacobin. Once again I am sorry - if I only knew how I did it  Sad

...no problems mate, that has happened to me also....I only wanted to make sure the record was clear... Smile
"Up the Irons!"

osiris30

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting Baron95 (Reply 40):
I'm sorry. Osiris made that statement (repply 10) and defended it on repply 34. I'm not sure how the quote got attributed to you Jacobin. Once again I am sorry - if I only knew how I did it

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 41):
...no problems mate, that has happened to me also....I only wanted to make sure the record was clear...

Actually it's been happening pretty often of late on the forums, maybe there's "something on the wing"  Wink
I don't care what you think of my opinion. It's my opinion, so have a nice day :)

bingo

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Quoting Art (Reply 31):
Sorry to disappoint you, but obstructing the delivery of commercial goods is not an act of terrorism.

If obstructing international commerce to further a political/ideological point is not terrorism, then I dont know what is.

Lets look to the basics...Terrorism is defined as "the unlawful use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives."

My guess is that these people took the ship using force and maybe even violence. Otherwise they would have probably yielded to calls to not do this (by the crew). Their objective was purely politcal/ideological. Has all the signs of Terrorism if you ask me.

Furthermore, this is also considered an act of Piracy by the International Maritime Organization.
http://www.imo.org/Facilitation/mainframe.asp?topic_id=362

Bottom line, theres a right way to do things and a wrong way. These fools could have made a powerful stand against pollution. Instead they cast a shadow over the issue with their ignorant execution of this protest. At a time when people are starting to buy into the global warming concerns, People like this kill support for their own cause. No one wants to be associated with a bunch of Wing Stealing nut-jobs. Wake up folks!!!

bingo

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Quoting Art (Reply 31):

No.

I dont know where you are getting your info from, but I believe you are wrong. If they had a public prosecutor who was worth his salary he could easily make terrorism charges stick.

Amendment 34 "Amendment of the definition of "terrorism" etc.", Paragraph A of the UK's 2006 Terrorism Act says

(a) section 1(1)(b) of the Terrorism Act 2000 (c. 11) (under which actions and threats designed to influence a government may be terrorism), and....

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/60011--c.htm#34

Taking that barge to me sounds like a way of trying to influence the government to listen to them. There are a number of things they could easily be charged with as part of this Act.

jacobin777

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Quoting Osiris30 (Reply 42):
Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 41):
...no problems mate, that has happened to me also....I only wanted to make sure the record was clear...

Actually it's been happening pretty often of late on the forums, maybe there's "something on the wing"  Wink

...I would say something in the wiring... duck 
"Up the Irons!"

yowza

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm

The A380 is designed to carry a huge number of passengers. An A380 can potentially replace the need for two separate frequencies on a sector... surely that is a good thing for the environment. Losers.

YOWza

richm

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:05 pm

This really annoys me.

Why doesn't A.net schedule meets at the same time & place of these "Plane stupid" protests? All we'd need to do is take water pistols with us. If you're worried that you may be too old for a water pistol fight, just remember that this time you'd have an excuse!

azhobo

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:12 pm

I say load em in half empty Concordes and fly em to Guantonimo for a one day tour.

HOBO

flybyguy

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:51 pm

The action begins a week-long campaign against the aviation industry that continues tomorrow with a demonstration at Europe's busiest airport, London Heathrow, and culminates in a day of mass protest on Aug. 19. The A380 was singled out because any fuel-efficiency gains it offers will be wiped out by a surge in the number of people flying, protestors said.

I suppose these nuts are willing to row wherever they need to protest. Perhaps holding their breath will help the enviornment a bit by preventing needless CO2 emissions.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Fly2CHC

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:57 pm

I wonder how many of them have actually been in a plane, or in a car for that matter. If they have, then they are being hypocritical. A car is less efficient per person than an A380 is!

TheRedBaron

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:18 pm

I find it sad that a lot of so called "green fighters" or envirofriends are just morons who dont know the forest from a tree.

These guys are played out like cheap pianos by primadonna activists that fill them with wrong info, bad science and a stupid attitude towards any industry they think is "evil"

I think persons like al Gore, are simply cashing on a trend and they are hypocrites (did you read about Mr Gore electricity bill?), they had the power and a lot of political clout and they did nothing to raise CAFE standards in the US, and meanwhile in the 90´s the SUV craze began and reached its peak 2 years ago...

Now there are morons who oppose to a 3 runway in Heatrow, when the airport is a HUGE GENERATOR of money, tourism and economy that I think a lot of those same morons live from.....its useless trying to convince them they have been assimilated by the BORG, they dont think they react to what "experts" tell them....and meanwhile "experts" enjoy huge mansions, huge cars, private jets, and a big fireplace at home....
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

greggarious

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Quoting RichM (Reply 47):
Why doesn't A.net schedule meets at the same time & place of these "Plane stupid" protests? All we'd need to do is take water pistols with us. If you're worried that you may be too old for a water pistol fight, just remember that this time you'd have an excuse!

Ha ha ha!!! Can you picture it? Plane bashers pitted against Anetters in the ultimate showdown! At the very least, our penchant for "proper action" would win the public over much faster than our ability to ID a silhouette of an aircraft!

wukka

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:37 pm

Sounds like piracy to me.

The captain of the vessel, if not overthrown and commandeered in open water is free to make these intruders walk the plank, or keelhaul them. Old Maritime law.

Either of which would be quite amusing.

If this didn't occur in open water, then the government of the flagged ship should swiftly surround that vessel with its' naval forces and show these rogues who is the bitch, even if it means sinking a wing and one of its' own.

There should be no respect for the disruption of commerce.

Escort the next wing with a destroyer or two and see who is brave enough to attempt boarding.
We can agree to disagree.

baron95

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Sinse the thread is going in the direction of suggestion on what to do with the wackos, my vote is to put them on that human powered plane over the Pacific and let them peddle the bycicle-like propeller powerplant to shore. If the sharks don't get them first, we send them the bill for the rescue. Should give them a good perspective on dumb-green power.

astuteman

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Quoting Osiris30 (Reply 18):
These people would have been much better off going and protesting at the Aston Martin factory though..

Over my dead body !!!!!  box 
 Smile

Regards

osiris30

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 52):
Ha ha ha!!! Can you picture it? Plane bashers pitted against Anetters in the ultimate showdown!

I'd rather see it as a phsyical confrontation.. we just tell the Pro A folks that they are B supporters and vice-versa. Poor greens won't know what hit them (and I'm sure given the crew we have on here, the forensic police folks would have issues identifying some of what hits them too LOL... "It appears this one was beaten to death with landing gear strut from a NW DC-9")

Quoting Astuteman (Reply 55):
Over my dead body !!!!! fighting man

Easy there A. While I too would love a DB9, with its "I eat mortals for breakfast" grill, let's be honest, if you're all about being green, they aren't a very practical automobile  Smile (I mean a 6.0L v12 that turns 450bhp and about the same torque, is not tree hugger certified, regardless of the fun factor)

The point that I was making was: focus where it matters. To that end targetting Aston Martin (or any maker of high-performance, low production automobiles) is equally pointless, but at least pointed as a more culpable industry (the automotive sector).

Someone seriously needs to educate these greens on the real facts surrounding aviation. Anyone who knew the true facts about the forward progress that industry has made in terms of CO2/unit of work, would STFU and find another target. And ofcourse they would also know that it's not only CO2 that's a green house gas, and that CO2 shouldn't be our sole focus here, but why let facts get in the way of media coverage.

As an aside (and off-topic, somewhat): If anyone here on a.net would like to work on a 'real green' website, that points out facts (if you can't check our aviation bias at the door stop reading) about the industry and its progress, drop me a PM. I think it's about time someone fires back at this movement. I can handle the technical aspects of building and hosting such a site, but would love a hand on facts, figures, etc. since that would just be too much for 'one man'. Once it's finished maybe we can get the a.nutters to evangalize the snot out of it to the popular press too, and see if we can't knock back some of this mass hysteria.

Farzan

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Maybe Airbus need to design a bigger Beluga. Could the Dreamlifter technically do the job? (No environmental considerations here)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos