Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NASOCEANA
Topic Author

Most Important Runway In America?

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:06 am

Is runway 10/28 in Atlanta really the most important runway in America? Here is a video courtesy of ATCMonitor.com that says it is!

America's Most Important Runway
B777 greatest Airliner ever built!

ConcordeBoy

RE: Most Important Runway In America?

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:18 am

Seems just promotional.

I'd nominate Kennedy's 31L for that distinction, but that's just me  Wink
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

JBo

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:22 am

I'd say there was a time when this was the most important runway in America:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Kevin Shop

At least for Flight Sim fans, anyway.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

srbmod

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:06 am

Quoting NASOCEANA (Thread starter):
Is runway 10/28 in Atlanta really the most important runway in America?

Yes it is. Since it opened last year, the delays at ATL have decreased. While it is pretty much used for landings only, having that extra capacity, especially during the busy times of the day and during IROPS.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/sublevels/news_room/HJN/2006/09/pax.htm

Delays did increase when 8R/26L was out of service for replacing, but once the runway reopened, the delays dropped significantly again.

AlexPorter

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:16 am

I'd have to say its the runway at San Diego for obvious reasons - it's the only one at that airport, and if it shuts down for any reason, then so does the entire airport.
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

bobnwa

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:17 am

I think the most important runway is the one you have just safely landed on. It's always nice to have a runway where your aircraft touches the ground.

Seriously, how do you define "most important runway".

PanAm747

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:18 am

As important as ATL's new runway currently is and always will be, I think the same distinction will be applied to Chicago O'Hare after their massive runway realignment plans are completed:

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/webpor...WebPortal/COC_ATTACH/final_alp.pdf

The website it is from is very interesting as well:

http://www.ohare.com

If flight delays can be cut drastically at both of these airports, the rest of the system can only improve as well. AA and UA management is salivating at the improvement to be of their on-time performance at ORD.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

tcfc424

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:21 am

I agree with Bob, there is no runway more important than the one you are landing or taking off on.

Mike S. in AUS

BoeingBoy

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:10 am

Easy question - Its the one you have to land on - no matter where you are
10% is the best we can do

OPNLguy

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:38 am

They're all important---someone has the "hype" setting on the PR machine turned up a couple of clicks too high...  Wink
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

comairguycvg

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:58 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 5):
I think the most important runway is the one you have just safely landed on. It's always nice to have a runway where your aircraft touches the ground.

checkmark 
Worked at: CV62, RJTA, KNLC, CV63, KNFL, OKAJ, KTRI, CV67, KMGE, KNQX, KVPS, KPIT, KCVG, KTYS, KATL

N911YX

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:05 am

The most important runway in the US is at Andrews. Stew on that awhile.
The airline biz needs a Quantum Physic

gift4tbone

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:12 am

I do agree the most important, is the one you just landed on.

However if I had to choose a specific runway, it would be in cape canaveral, where the space shuttle lands.

[email protected]
Top 3 airports: PVD 22.1%(142 flights), PHL 13.6%(87 flights), PHX 9.3%(60 flights)

BoeingBoy

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:24 am

Quoting N911YX (Reply 11):

It is - Not to me - I'm never going to land there.
10% is the best we can do

Jet-lagged

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:38 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 9):

They're all important---someone has the "hype" setting on the PR machine turned up a couple of clicks too high...

Sure, but you can always ponder and debate which is 'most'.

I think this is a really neat question. Since in the U.S. all of ORD, LAX, SFO, DFW, and JFK have several runways which seem to do the same job, I would guess that ATL's logic is fair. However, to test their assertion, then one would have to take a single runway out of operation at those other airports, and perhaps others, to ascertain the effect on air traffic and travelers as a whole.

And, I would propose that the most important runway in the world remains the original, longer one at Narita, 16R/34L. Without it, much of the traffic in and out would be impossible, and most international flight into the world's second largest economy still pass through Narita.

N911YX

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:47 am

Never say never son. If I had said I'd never be a TV Meteorologist when I was 18, I would never have done so. If I said I never would have been interviewed by the father of the H Bomb, Dr Edward Teller, for a California Scholarship Federation scholarship, I never would have had the experience. It's a wide wide world of experiences that only enrich our lives. You may someday land on Andrew's most important runway in an aircraft that says it all. Best to you and all that read this. Never, NEVER undercut your potential by having doubts about your ability.
The airline biz needs a Quantum Physic

juventus

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 am

Most important runways in America will have to come from LGA and EWR. Close 4L/22R or 4R/22L at EWR, and see what happens. Same for La Garbage, close 22/4, and the whole op. goes down the c*#@pr in minutes.

OPNLguy

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:08 am

Quoting Jet-lagged (Reply 14):
Sure, but you can always ponder and debate which is 'most'.

Yeah, you can, but you'll get a few hundred posts from folks stating why they believe runway-XX at their favorite airport is the most important. It's a huge waste of time, since it's largely subjective, and no single runway anywhere is the "most important" and thus a moot point--all become some PR-flack somewhere went into hype-mode re: ATL.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Acey

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 am

Quoting Juventus (Reply 16):
Most important runways in America will have to come from LGA and EWR. Close 4L/22R or 4R/22L at EWR, and see what happens. Same for La Garbage, close 22/4, and the whole op. goes down the c*#@pr in minutes.

ATL handles more passengers than EWR and LGA combined, so LGA going down the crapper is somewhat acceptable in the context of this discussion, that being the most important runway in the United States.

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 6):
I think the same distinction will be applied to Chicago O'Hare after their massive runway realignment plans are completed

checkmark 
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

FlyHoss

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 am

NASOceana, thanks for the interesting question.

My first thought for an answer was 1/19 at DCA. If that runway was shutdown it would have a dramatic impact on operations there with resultant problems for all operators and customers (like the U.S. Federal Government).

But it's also true that many high volume airports would suffer if a single runway was shut-down. Either runway at LGA for example.

Runway 10/28 at ATL is important, too and has had a positive impact on arrival delays there.

In the end, I don't think one single runway is "the most important" but again thanks for the question and starting this thread.
A little bit louder now, a lil bit louder now...

juventus

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting Acey (Reply 18):
ATL handles more passengers than EWR and LGA combined, so LGA going down the crapper is somewhat acceptable in the context of this discussion, that being the most important runway in the United States

I disagree. ATL has 4 runways. Close one, and you get 15-20 minutes delays. Close one at EWR or LGA, it will be more than one hour, plus it creates a mess through out the whole North-East.

jhooper

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:54 am

I guess the question is "important to who?" Perhaps 10/28 is really important to Delta (who made the video). But ATL survived long enough without it so I probably wouldn't call it "The most important runway in America"

Quoting AlexPorter (Reply 4):
I'd have to say its the runway at San Diego for obvious reasons

That's what I was going to say.

Quoting N911YX (Reply 11):

Quoting BoeingBoy (Reply 13):
It is - Not to me - I'm never going to land there.

N911YX has a point. It's the runway the President would use to escape in AF1 if we were going to nuclear war. If we're to have continuity of government, I'd say Andrews is pretty darn important. From a strategic point of view, that's probably the right answer. BTW, I was just looking at the airport diagram for Andrews and noticed it has two medium length (9300 and 9755) runways. I suppose it serves it's purpose but a fully loaded jumbo jet would probably be pushing it in the summer to get airborne off those runways? Why didn't they build an 11500-13000ft runway?

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 12):
However if I had to choose a specific runway, it would be in cape canaveral, where the space shuttle lands.

Important to NASA? Yes. But even so, there are several locations the shuttle can land. It just costs big  dollarsign   dollarsign   dollarsign  to transport it back to the cape. Important to average Joe travelling to where he needs to go? Not really.

Quoting FlyHoss (Reply 19):
My first thought for an answer was 1/19 at DCA. If that runway was shutdown it would have a dramatic impact on operations there with resultant problems for all operators and customers (like the U.S. Federal Government).

Wasn't DCA closed for a long time after 9/11? Sure it sucked, but it didn't shut down our government.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

MCOflyer

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:19 am

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 12):

I agree with that one.

If not that one then I'd have say all are important.

Hunter

[Edited 2007-08-19 04:20:11]
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

InnocuousFox

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:33 am

It's actually just an excercise in mathematics. Figure that you can identify ones that are expendable, for example. That is, if it closes it doesn't have an effect at that field - and therefore not on the system as a whole. Additionally, you can make a case that delays or holds a single field (usually a hub like ATL, ORD, or DFW, for example) can affect the entire country. We see this all the time during thunderstorms or even worse, during snow closures. You can calculate the ripple effect that operations disruptions at one field have at many others. Therefore, if you were to take a high-impact airport (such as ATL) that doesn't have much wiggle room in terms of its operations capacity (i.e. it needs to use all of its runways to stay on schedule), you can see how losing one of them can affect the operations at that field, which then ripple across the country. It's really not that difficult of a concept.

SAN is another good example. If they lose their one runway, they are out of business - and the effects are felt all over the country - but ONLY to people traveling to/from SAN. (Lose a hub and it effects people traveling between most city pairs on the system.) SAN would have a big effect - but only to a certain segment. Take ORD or DFW, however. They can lose one runway and not suffer quite as greatly. DFW has a lot - all of which can be used at the same time. ORD doesn't always use all 6 and often has one to spare - although not optimal.

ATL has only the 5. It used to be 4 - 2 in and 2 out. If you needed 3 ARR runways, you were toast. You couldn't do it. Now you can. And they need it. If there was a major mathematical shift at the time that it opened, that could have been noticed. If you were to calculate the schedule delays were you to take it back away, and extrapolate the damage that would cause nationwide (potentially hundreds of other fields), it's easy to see that it is pretty valuable.
Dave Mark - Intrinsic Algorithm - Reducing the world to mathematical equations!

FLY2LIM

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Quoting N911YX (Reply 15):
Never say never son. If I had said I'd never be a TV Meteorologist when I was 18, I would never have done so. If I said I never would have been interviewed by the father of the H Bomb, Dr Edward Teller, for a California Scholarship Federation scholarship, I never would have had the experience. It's a wide wide world of experiences that only enrich our lives. You may someday land on Andrew's most important runway in an aircraft that says it all. Best to you and all that read this. Never, NEVER undercut your potential by having doubts about your ability.

I have always said that I would NEVER find myself wasting time on an airliner thread about a topic as subjective and as meaningless as "the most important" of something. Oh, wait, darn!!!  Smile

Quoting Jhooper (Reply 21):
N911YX has a point. It's the runway the President would use to escape in AF1 if we were going to nuclear war. If we're to have continuity of government, I'd say Andrews is pretty darn important. From a strategic point of view, that's probably the right answer. BTW, I was just looking at the airport diagram for Andrews and noticed it has two medium length (9300 and 9755) runways. I suppose it serves it's purpose but a fully loaded jumbo jet would probably be pushing it in the summer to get airborne off those runways? Why didn't they build an 11500-13000ft runway?

First of all, you misspelled "nucular," lol. Second, in the case of nuclear war, the US (or any government) would not have any type of continuity since most/all of the world's population (including that of the US) would be dead because of the nuclear bombs. So, if you think about it, there really is no point in saving the president of the US, he he he he. Besides, the plane would run out of fuel (the pilots in the refueling aircraft would also be dead) and, eventually, would have to land and be exposed to the nuclear fallout. It's possible that, if anyone survived, the US president would be killed by scores of survivors who would want to seek shelter in his/her plane. Oh, gosh, so many scenarios to contemplate.

I say that the world's most important runway is the one in LIM. Why not? Prove me wrong, go ahead!!!  Wink

FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

thirteenright

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Im currently staying at the Renaissance Concourse with the ATL runways just yards away (im lucky enough to have a balcony room with runway views)! Its awesome, but what runways are closest to me?

dl021

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:23 pm

Without doing much math we can figure that if this new runway helps the busiest airport in the world increase it's on-time arr/dep rates that will have a significant impact on flight operations everywhere in North America, so it can be argued that it's the most important runway since it's impacting more places than any other runway.

Unless the one at Reagan-National shuts down.

Or we lose a runway at CVG/ORD/DFW....then that one becomes the most important runway for it's loss.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

elmothehobo

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Looks like DL's PR department is at it again...

I can't wait them to proclaim Atlanta as the center of the Universe and Delta as God's chariot.  Yeah sure

jetmatt777

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:35 pm

Quoting ThirteenRight (Reply 25):
Im currently staying at the Renaissance Concourse with the ATL runways just yards away (im lucky enough to have a balcony room with runway views)! Its awesome, but what runways are closest to me?

Pretty sure they are 26L/8R and 26R/8L

Quoting FLY2LIM (Reply 24):
First of all, you misspelled "nucular," lol.

Actually, it's nuclear, not "nucular".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nuclear

-Matt

elmothehobo

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 28):

It was a tongue in cheek remark in reference to this post:

It's the runway the President would use to escape in AF1 if we were going to nuclear war.

Dubya and whole lot of other Americans pronounces it Nucular.

jetmatt777

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Quoting ElmoTheHobo (Reply 29):

Gotcha

I would agree to either of Andrew's runway's being the most important.

edit: grammer

[Edited 2007-08-19 05:52:53]

ONTFlyer

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Since we're having fun with this, I would nominate two runways. I know I know ONE runway but I just can't decide between the main runway at Edwards AFB. Just look at the history there. Or one of several 500 ft. runways that are sovereignties of the United States and float at sea, usually start with "USS".  wink 

ONT
Doin' just fine thanks...

ThirtyEcho

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Clarksville, Texas runway 17/35.

The gravel runway was 30' wide and 1500' long and some granny put her tv antenna tower right off the end of 35.

A 98 degree day made you reach for the POH to do some computations before takeoff; yep, you could make it.

You could make it if you flew AROUND the tower and no chance of running up the power before brake release unless you wanted your airplane to be barraged by flying gravel.

I call that an Important Runway.

PavlovsDog

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:09 pm

San Diego gets my nomination as well.

The whole Andrews arguement doesn't hold water. There is more than one runway there. Worst case, The President can always take the helicopter to another airprort and commandeer any aircraft he wants.

9VSIO

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 pm

BTW, I was just looking at the airport diagram for Andrews and noticed it has two medium length (9300 and 9755) runways. I suppose it serves it's purpose but a fully loaded jumbo jet would probably be pushing it in the summer to get airborne off those runways? Why didn't they build an 11500-13000ft runway?

Don't assume that in an evac that AF1 will be fully loaded! It will probably have the bare minimum of people on board. It doesn't need to be fully fueled as it can always receive more once airborne. Plus, it's not your average jumbo jet  Wink
Me: (Lining up on final) I shall now select an aiming point. || Instructor: Well, I hope it's the runway...

mandala499

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 pm

TO me, the most important runway in America (USA) is the one my plane is taking off from with me in it..
Why? Come on, would I just go to the airport to play around with the TSA? (planespotting excepted)...

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

A340313X

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 pm

I'd say the runway at North Field airbase on Tinian (Northern Mariana Islands).

SuseJ772

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:29 pm

Quoting JBo (Reply 2):
I'd say there was a time when this was the most important runway in America:

Amen to that.

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 5):

Awesome!

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 6):
Chicago O'Hare after their massive runway realignment plans are completed:

I disagree. I think O'Hare is going to be a disaster when the realignment plans are completed. Parallel runways work fine in places like LAX where the wind 99% of the time blows in one direction. But the realignment plan at O'Hare is going to be awful in crosswind landing situations. It appears to me (I am not expert) that if O'Hare gets strong north/south winds, it will essentially shut down the airport.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

pr1268

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:55 am

Quoting SuseJ772 (Reply 37):
It appears to me (I am not expert) that if O'Hare gets strong north/south winds, it will essentially shut down the airport.

A similar case can be made with DFW when strong westerly winds prevail.

I remember one afternoon in July 2001 when winds were westerly at around 30-35 kts. - there was a queue of at least 15 airliners (ranging from MD-80s to 763s) to take off on 31L. Landings were being done on 31R only - delays were substantial. The weather dictated that 5 of DFW's 7 runways were useless.
The only time an aircraft has too much fuel is when it is on fire.

United787

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 am

Quoting SuseJ772 (Reply 37):
I disagree. I think O'Hare is going to be a disaster when the realignment plans are completed. Parallel runways work fine in places like LAX where the wind 99% of the time blows in one direction. But the realignment plan at O'Hare is going to be awful in crosswind landing situations. It appears to me (I am not expert) that if O'Hare gets strong north/south winds, it will essentially shut down the airport.

The runways won't be all parallel, 4L-22R and 4R-22L will still be available for a north/south wind! I do agree that when the new runway opens next year, 9L-27R, that will be the most important runwayin the country!

modernArt

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:48 am

Quoting N911YX (Reply 15):

This is a topic about runways, not a Tony Robins seminar. Big grin

FLYGUY767

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:55 am

LGA, JFK, EWR

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

FLY2LIM

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting ElmoTheHobo (Reply 29):

It was a tongue in cheek remark in reference to this post:

It's the runway the President would use to escape in AF1 if we were going to nuclear war.

In fact, it was a direct poke at Dubya, since the word "nuclear" is one he has a particularly difficult time pronouncing. Thanks Elmo for getting that.  Smile

Quoting FLY2LIM (Reply 24):
First of all, you misspelled "nucular," lol.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nuclear

-Matt

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 30):
I would agree to either of Andrew's runway's being the most important.

edit: grammer

Soooooo, since Jetmatt is correcting me, I'd like to point out that the Air Force Base is called "Andrews" with no apostrophe, as it doesn't belong to a guy named Andrew (as in "this is Andrew's car") but is named after someone whose last name is "Andrews." Also, the word is "grammar" and not a popular actor's last name, as in Kelsey Grammer.
Aye ken spael goud!

FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

FLYGUY767

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:06 am

LGA is vital to 3 airlines: AA, US, DL

JFK is vital to 3 airlines: AA, B6, DL

LAX is vital to 3 airlines: AA, UA, WN

ATL is vital to 2 airlines : FL, DL

ORD is vital to 2 airlines: AA, UA

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

nyc2theworld

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:10 am

I have to agree with EWR...Not do runway closures there send the northeast into 1-2 hour delays, if you close a runway at EWR a whole hub, that on a normal day has delays, is screwed.

At ATL, ORD, DFW you close a runway, you get 15-20 min delays throughout the whole system but don't get severe congestion over the country or a single region. Now, if the argument was what area can weather have the greatest affect on airline operations, I would say a rainstorm in the Chicagoland area wins hands down. Not only does it affect UA and AA's hub operations, any flights to/from that airport, but also any flights that have to traverse that airspace are screwed.

That's a major problem.
Always wonderers if this "last and final boarding call" is in fact THE last and final boarding call.

71Zulu

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:47 am

Quoting ThirteenRight (Reply 25):

You're on the north side of the field on the opposite side from 10-28. The runways closest to you in order are:

8L-26R and then 8R-26L

On the far side of the terminal are 9L-27R, 9R-27L and then the new 10-28.

Airport diagram here
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0708/00026AD.PDF

Boeing7E7

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:25 am

Quoting AlexPorter (Reply 4):
I'd have to say its the runway at San Diego for obvious reasons - it's the only one at that airport, and if it shuts down for any reason, then so does the entire airport.

Not to mention San Diego's economy.

thirteenright

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:31 am

Quoting 71Zulu (Reply 45):
You're on the north side of the field on the opposite side from 10-28. The runways closest to you in order are:

8L-26R and then 8R-26L

On the far side of the terminal are 9L-27R, 9R-27L and then the new 10-28.

Airport diagram here
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0708/00026...D.PDF

Fantastic! This is a great spotting hotel!

Acey

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting NYC2theworld (Reply 44):
I have to agree with EWR...Not do runway closures there send the northeast into 1-2 hour delays, if you close a runway at EWR a whole hub, that on a normal day has delays, is screwed.

You betcha; it's all relative. At first, I was thinking of any of ATL's four runways, but now I have a feeling runway 22R at EWR is the most important in the country. Someone mentioned 31L at JFK, well if the winds are okay they can just switch to 4/22 operation and still manage...the delays at EWR would be disgusting with just 22L and 11...
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

SuseJ772

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 am

Quoting United787 (Reply 39):
The runways won't be all parallel, 4L-22R and 4R-22L will still be available for a north/south wind! I do agree that when the new runway opens next year, 9L-27R, that will be the most important runwayin the country!

That's interesting. I thought I read somewhere that they were all parallel. That is really good to hear, but I still think North/South wind situations are going to be rough there (similar to MSP)
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos