Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetfuel
Topic Author

RE: A380 Hits Airport Hangar In Bangkok

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks to all the "replies" to my topic.

It would have been nice to establish the circumstaces leading up to the event. I would have thought extra care would have been the order with the A380 in a 'new' airport. Let's hope it doesn't happen again
Where's the passion gone out of the airline industry? The smell of jetfuel and the romance of taking a flight....

billreid

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 80):
STOP talking, You're making a complete fool out of yourself. Advise: Just sell your keyboard.

It should be clear to you that a statement that this happens everyday isn't true.
So why do you condone this?
Some people don't get it. Business is about making MONEY!

billreid

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 am

Quoting Breiz (Reply 81):
BillReid, if you do not believe Airbus, you should consider researching the subject and have a serious look at the incidents happening all year around at airports. And yes, ac do bump regularly on structures, gates, trucks,... or are bumped into.
If there is a specification for reporting such incidents, there are most probably happening:
http://www.airlines.org/products/pub...ct=26

See quote below. Lets see, 1,000 airports worldwide. 365 X 1000 oh yes 365,000 pushbacks into walls and fences every year. LOL
How many happened at ZRH and GVA last week?
at least one every day according to A? Why isn't all those written about on A.net? I would suspect it would be.

ARE WE REALLY THAT BAD? OK A SAYS WE ARE??? LOL

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 19):
Airbus officials were sanguine.

"This sort of thing happens every day, in every airport around the world," said Edouard Ullmo, Airbus' executive vice president of sales for Asia Pacific.
Some people don't get it. Business is about making MONEY!

sandrozrh

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Quoting BillReid (Reply 104):
How many happened at ZRH and GVA last week?

Are you really THAT thick? What he was pointing out was that incidents such as this one happen all the time at airports all over the world and not all the time at every airport, as people have explained above. Your hate towards Airbus and the A380 has gone so far that your logical thinking has gone down the river, worrysome.

hiflyer

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:56 pm

This just in....Thai has changed their order for the A380 to be delivered without winglets.....

grin

Scorpio

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:10 pm

Quoting BillReid (Reply 106):

My God man, you have to be incredibly thick or just desperately looking for an argument to make such a big deal out of this. It's so bad I'm starting wonder whether you're just taking the piss.

And technically, the statement is simply true. Things like this do happen every day, and they do happen at every airport in the world. I mean, seriously, you know perfectly well that he didn't mean every airport has them every day. It's called bloody common sense. So why the whole "Oh my God they LIED" BS? You're just desperately trying to stir up something that isn't there.

I can't believe I actually took part in analyzing that statement. This is the sorriest attempt at Airbus bashing I've seen here in a very long time. It's downright laughable actually.

moo

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:58 pm

Quoting TKV (Reply 99):

This is exactly the issue. The incident is of secondary importance, at least if there are not more facts as
it seems, which do not means it must not be investigated.

This incident is of minor importance, and whatever the Airbus spokesman said is of zero importance to 99.9% of us. The phrase used is only of importance to those that *need* ammunition to go after their pet hate.

This has been blown out of proportion by those looking for a quick bash.

Quoting TKV (Reply 99):
And on the other side, the total lack of info regarding production problems, which have so much damaged Airbus in the last years, is another not understandable issue

Quite simply - those that need to know are getting the information, those that don't need to know aren't. You don't need to know, but if you do need to know (I highly doubt you are that important to Airbus) then approach your Airbus account manager and ask.

Pointing this out in nearly every Airbus related thread will not get you anywhere.

srbmod

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:15 pm

This thread has gotten way out of hand as the result of a few members deciding to be downright childish and by some trying to turn what was essentially a minor incident (something that happens more often than you think) and make it into something along the lines of the A380 crashing. Thread locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos