Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dolinja777
Topic Author

Question About CO Terminal @ EWR

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:23 am

Hi all,

Is the CO terminal at EWR split into international and domestic sections? I'm taking my gf on a suprise trip to Paris, and I'm hoping to conceal the fact of where we are going up until the exact moment that we actually have to check in. Just wanted to know if I had to worry about a taxi driver taking us there to ask me,"International or domestic?"

Thanks!
Jason

David

RE: Question About CO Terminal @ EWR

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:36 am

The check in areas are separate. The gates however are used for both domestic and International. If you check in online and do not check baggage there is no need to go to the international ticket counters and you go straight to the gate. Don't forget her passport.

FlyHoss

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:39 am

IIRC, the upper levels of Terminal C are divided into International and Domestic with the International level being on top. However, you can easily move from one level to the other, so you can direct the driver to the domestic level and then transit upstairs (escalator or elevator).
A little bit louder now, a lil bit louder now...

IAHFLYR

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting David (Reply 1):
If you check in online and do not check baggage there is no need to go to the international ticket counters and you go straight to the gate. Don't forget her passport.

You have to have her passport in hand to check in online, they ask some questions regarding the number etc., so unless you know where her passport is located and can get it without her knowing you can't check in online...even if you go to the airport, I believe you will have to swipe the passport at the kiosk in order to get your boarding passes, either way you are gonna get caught but have a blast trying to keep it from her!  Smile

Why not announce to her at the ticket counter where you are taking her and see how loud she screams???? Is this a proposal trip we are going on maybe?
 champagne 
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

bok269

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 am

Maybe if you find a nice ticketing agent he/she can help you conceal it?

Best of luck!
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

boeing743

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:09 am

I never been to EWR but it may be good idea to plan with CO agency at EWR to keep it a secret and surprised until she arrived at gate that will go to Paris. I know that she would scream and jump all over place. Good luck!!

ikramerica

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:25 am

Quoting Boeing743 (Reply 5):
I never been to EWR but it may be good idea to plan with CO agency at EWR to keep it a secret and surprised until she arrived at gate that will go to Paris. I know that she would scream and jump all over place. Good luck!!

Not really going to happen, based on the fact she has to hold her ticket and go through security, with her passport, etc.

But something tells me she'll scream and jump all over at the check-in line just as much as if it was at the gate.

There is separate international check-in, so you must reveal the surprise at that time. But no, it's not a different terminal. It's terminal C either way, unless you told her you were going to chicago, dallas, washington, atlanta or one other city which I don't recall..., since they are in terminal A.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

dolinja777
Topic Author

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 3):
Why not announce to her at the ticket counter where you are taking her and see how loud she screams???? Is this a proposal trip we are going on maybe?

Actually going to be proposing the night before here in NYC. Then the trip is the romantic getaway the next day. She has no idea where she's going beyond the fact that I told her to take those days off from work.

We'll probably check one or two pieces of luggage so the online check in won't solve this issue, but I think if I can manage to get to the check in counter before she figures it out, that'd be great. Thanks for all the replies guys!

Oh yeah, can't wait to try COs 777 service!

Jason

GatorAvionics

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:20 am

Quoting Dolinja777 (Reply 7):
Actually going to be proposing the night before here in NYC

She doesn't visit this site and read the forums does she???

Have a great time!
Go Gators!!!

ConcordeBoy

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 4):

...romantic as it may initially sound; in today's travel environment, that'd be essentially asking to be red-flagged.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Cory6188

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:54 am

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 4):

Even besides the fact that it would look somewhat suspicious, as ConcordeBoy noted, the CO agents at EWR checkin are always so harried that they're going to want to get you checked in and moving as quickly as possible - so it's pretty unlikely that you'd find one who'd be willing to spend the time to do that with you. The ticket counters are a chronic mob scene. Literally, I've never seen any airline agent anywhere speed through a standard checkin as fast as the CO CSR's at Terminal C. They might not be super friendly, but they sure know what they're doing...

I remember when my family and I flew EWR-SJU last Christmas. We walked up to an agent at a Continental.com Bag Drop line, and it went something like this...

"Lastnamewhereareyougoinghowmanybags?"
"Cunningham, San Juan, 3"
She slapped the tags on in about 5 seconds. "Okaythey'redonegate87next!"

My Mom was like, "Well, she isn't going to win any awards for being friendly, but it was definitely quick!"

dolinja777
Topic Author

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:35 am

Quoting Gatoravionics (Reply 8):
She doesn't visit this site and read the forums does she???

Have a great time!

Hehe, I'm absolutely 100% positive that she doesn't come here and read this site. Although she did get me a cool airliners.net mug once...

Jason

tommy767

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:48 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 6):
unless you told her you were going to chicago, dallas, washington, atlanta or one other city which I don't recall..., since they are in terminal A.

Boston.

Quoting Dolinja777 (Thread starter):
s the CO terminal at EWR split into international and domestic sections?

Upper level is for international, middle is for domestic. But whatever you do, get to EWR early because security is by far the worst with lines.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

PA101

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:57 am

Hey Dolinja777,

good luck and have fun in Paris!!!

CO should be a great choice for your trip.

Please keep us informed how things went - since we are all pretty curious...  Wink

bok269

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:37 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 9):
...romantic as it may initially sound; in today's travel environment, that'd be essentially asking to be red-flagged.

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 10):

Good point.

Quoting Tommy767 (Reply 12):

Boston.

That's also Terminal A, but I wouldn't be concerned. I don't think its really posted anywhere and I take it she probably won't research it beforehand. Best of luck!
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos