Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mbj-11

RE: Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part XX

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:15 am

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 96):
Hey now that BA have some 787s on their way... Do you think we shall see them down here in the caribbean??

I think KGN is a potential launch in terms of the 787 entering a Caribbean route. Also, NAS/GCM could come into sharing one as well. As for the A380, that is another kettle of fish. It would be nice to see one of our Caribbean airlines flying one of those AC , but its highly unlikely right now. However, depending on who takes on 49% partnership in JM, heck we might see a 777 in those colours. Lets wait and see.
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

BWIA 772

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:23 am

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 100):

Well when we find out what BA is replacing their 777s with I will know what is coming to BGI. Also BGI sees a 747 during winter whether or not they would put the A380 on that route you may never know. AFAIK the 747 winter service is usually on Sat but it would be cool. I would not be surprised if VS brought the A380 to BGI as a publicity stunt... I cannot remember if in the last upgrade the runway was expanded to accommodate the A380.
Eagles Soar!

A388

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:31 am

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 100):
As for the A380, that is another kettle of fish. It would be nice to see one of our Caribbean airlines flying one of those AC , but its highly unlikely right now

Highly unlikely right now? It is safe to say that we won't see any airline operating the A380 to the Caribbean.

A388

jmbweeboy

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:34 am

The Trini's are wise to keep Spirit out with their "kamikaze" pricing practices. Look at what Spirit has done to Air Jamaica the last few years between Fort Lauderdale and Jamaica, yields have been cut in half. No doubt the Trini govt is well aware of this and as others have indicated, the Trini's have the right to protect their investment in CAL.

JMBWEEBOY

md90fan
Topic Author

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 102):
Highly unlikely right now? It is safe to say that we won't see any airline operating the A380 to the Caribbean.

Air France, if they for some reason decide to configure some in a high Y/low J seating, similar to the 773s doing runs to the French Caribbean, also Paris-Punta Cana/Santo Domingo both receive 744s, of course I'm just playing devil's advocate right now  Wink

Hey now that BA have some 787s on their way... Do you think we shall see them down here in the caribbean?

If they replace the 767s/777s on a one-by-one basis, sure, but from the looks of it they are just replacing the earliest birds.

Im looking forward to it here in GCM!!

Looking forward to them in NAS  Wink
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

beeweel15

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:51 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 99):
You will not find the federal government of the US giving incentives for UK airlines to fly to the US so why should POS give incentives to airlines looking to fly into POS especially given the government investment in CAL it just does not make sense and that is all we are saying.

Well maybe not the US Government but many cities and airports do give incentives for airlines to come in. A good example in 2006 Melbourne International Airport in central Florida received a grant of $800,000 to attract new airlines to fly there. This year, individually, two airlines USA3000 and LTU German Airlines in partnership with M-Touristik AG began flights to this airport.

A388

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 104):
Air France, if they for some reason decide to configure some in a high Y/low J seating, similar to the 773s doing runs to the French Caribbean, also Paris-Punta Cana/Santo Domingo both receive 744s, of course I'm just playing devil's advocate right now

If an airport can handle the 744 it does not mean they can handle the A380. Air traffic to the Caribbean does not warrant an aircraft the size of the A380, especially not a high density version. I also don't see Caribbean airports invest in their airport infrastructure to accomodate a single A380 flight per week or three A380 flights per week max.

A388

MAH4546

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 99):
They look at NK and they look at AA they see AA's impressive route structure and think greater opportunity for exposure, better access to potential customers, NK means smaller access.

Spirit can get people to Miami/Fort Lauderdale and New York City and that is where more than half of the people traveling between Port of Spain and the US are going.

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 98):
why would you want to give an airline concessions when others operate the route being given nothing,

I agree, but concessions and route authority are independent of each other. Spirit didn't get route authority. That has nothing to do with getting concessions.
a.

TransIsland

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 102):
It is safe to say that we won't see any airline operating the A380 to the Caribbean.

Is MIA going to be an A380 destination (me thinks LH, maybe?) - in that case, if we're lucky, we might see one of the diverting to NAS? (Can our taxiways handle it? I know NAS takes the B744 & AN124, but the A380 is just a wee bit larger...)

Looking forward to them in NAS

Is BA going to configure their 78s without F? 'Cause that's what they did to their 763s for the NAS run.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

A388

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 108):
Is MIA going to be an A380 destination (me thinks LH, maybe?) - in that case, if we're lucky, we might see one of the diverting to NAS? (Can our taxiways handle it? I know NAS takes the B744 & AN124, but the A380 is just a wee bit larger...)

Okay, let's take diversions out of the question, and like you said I don't NAS can handle the A380. A MIA diversion will most likely go to FLL before going to NAS or any other island in the Bahamas.

A388  Smile

TransIsland

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:29 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 109):
A MIA diversion will most likely go to FLL before going to NAS or any other island in the Bahamas.

Often when MIA is closed, so is FLL (which is why we get diverted traffic from MIA in the first place). Don't crush my dreams just yet!!!  Wink

A388

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 110):
Often when MIA is closed, so is FLL (which is why we get diverted traffic from MIA in the first place). Don't crush my dreams just yet!!!

Okay my friend  Smile

A388 Big grin

albird87

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:31 am

If they replace the 767s/777s on a one-by-one basis, sure, but from the looks of it they are just replacing the earliest birds.

Well those 767s are pretty old and they seem to be going tech a lot now so i think they shall be replacing some of those 767s in rotation so we shall maybe see one or two in a month.... When they finally replace the 767s i guess we should be seeing them!! (unless they move us to LGW and we get the 777 again..... its a win-win for me!!)

BWIA 772

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:34 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 107):
Spirit can get people to Miami/Fort Lauderdale and New York City and that is where more than half of the people traveling between Port of Spain and the US are going.

I am not disputing that point all I am saying is 1 given the fact that the government has invested in CAL NK is not going to get concessions and 2 NK is not seen as a "major airline" in these parts and as a result of this thinking the limit of the concessions that they can get will be limited .

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 107):
I agree, but concessions and route authority are independent of each other. Spirit didn't get route authority. That has nothing to do with getting concessions.

I may be wrong but from what I understand it seems that NK will only fly to POS if they get the concessions and if that is the case the route authority and concessions are linked as NK wanting the route authority is dependent on them getting the concessions.

Regards
Eagles Soar!

TransIsland

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 am

Unconfirmed Rumour: B6 to start MCO-NAS.

fpofllflyboi

Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:01 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 114):
Unconfirmed Rumour: B6 to start MCO-NAS

Didn't they do that before? Or was that NK who flew that route and discontinued it?

bloodyrascal

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:17 am

NK did and had discontinued that route. I dont know if that would be a successfull one for them the route is already saturday with Comair, Gulfstream and UP. But expect to see further expansion within the Caribbean though from MCO. Do I hear a future hub in MCO for B6.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 108):
s BA going to configure their 78s without F? 'Cause that's what they did to their 763s for the NAS run.

BA supposedly isnt going to receive there 787s untill 2015 or something like that I read it in another post. So they will probably stick with the 763s alot longer  Sad. I too would like to see a 772 or even better a 744 (I miss Virgin Atlantic for that reason). Speaking of which when they served the route how was it performing?

TransIsland

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 am

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 116):
Gulfstream

They don't fly MCO-NAS non-stop. It's a "direct flight" with a stopover either in MIA or FLL. But I agree, between DL and UP, it's pretty well covered, though I think another evening flight could probably do well. (And as a customer, I'd like to have another option, because my firm dislike for DL has me limited to UP on that route. While they've actually been doing fairly well lately, I'm always afraid that they deteriorate into their former clueless operations again.)

steeler83

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:07 pm

If this rumor is confirmed, would that be run with an A320 or E90?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

md90fan
Topic Author

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:15 pm

Speaking of which when they served the route how was it performing?

It did well, but they canceled it because the Cable Beach contract ended (that's what I heard).

A waste of time if you ask me, just ask AA who left the market recently.

BTW, something I'd like to see is UP hooking up with local clubs, hotels and holiday organizations and providing charter service to secondary cities like Memphis, Cincinnati, Cleveland,Raleigh, Detroit, etc. That or get contracts with hotels in the Out Islands to fly passengers USA-->Out Islands  twocents 

TransIsland

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 118):
If this rumor is confirmed, would that be run with an A320 or E90?

IF it happened, I would expect the EMB-190. The A320 would be overkill.

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 119):

A waste of time if you ask me, just ask AA who left the market recently.

I think AA is beginning to suffer because UP and DL both offer jet service to MCO. (Yes, UP uses the Dash 8 for the evening flight as well.) I don't know too many people who voluntarily book an ATR flight when they can have a Boeing or a Jungle Jet instead.

8b775zq

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:12 am

Hi guys sorry for not being on the forum for awhile i've been in mourning since seeing my 1st Caribbean Star aircraft wearing LIAT stickers. As you guys probably know by now DL is to commence flights ATL-SKB-ATL as of nxt February. The new AA JFK-SKB flight is just a little over a month away and rumors are that CO is also in the pipelines to provide airlift. Also this week the CEO of Excel was in the federation for talks with the Ministry Of Tourism on increasing the number of flights the airline currently has to the island which is just 1 weekly on Mondays. The proposed plan is to increase to 2 weekly flights in the short term and some added charters mainly for the hotels. Also seems like USAir has dropped one of their flights(not sure which as yet).If it is the Charlotte flight I would not be suprised as I never quite saw where there was a market from that city to SKB. Carib Aviation is in a code share with LI on the SKB-AXA route. LI dropped this route yrs ago and no one understood why as the aircraft were always full on both sectors. As a matter of fact LI also had an afternoon flight at that time SKB-STT with a stop in AXA and that flight was also always loaded with most pax deplaning at AXA.
When did AE acquire ATR72-500's? I'm seeing them here quite often.Are there any plans for them to probably introduce the ERJ's in the region especially for some of their longer sectors like SJU-POS and SJU-BON/CUR.
On the CALx issue, if they're going to fly regionally then I see some trouble ahead for LI. I think both LI and CAL should've come to some sort of agreement on this issue where LI could've been the feeder airline ala CALx operated by LI sort of thing. Regional airlines need to stop fighting each other and co-operating more instead of letting the foriegn airlines eat our lunch. If the foriegners can make such healthy profits from our region then why cant our airlines do the same? It's time to come together and take whats ours.

captaink

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:20 am

I too would like to see a 772 or even better a 744 (I miss Virgin Atlantic for that reason).

Is the NAS flight still shared with GCM? Cuase that was the reason the 777 wasn't used, becuase of the limitations it would face departing GCM. BA uses their LGW based 777s to just about ever caribbean destination. Another question, is the NAS flight from LHR or LGW?
Look Up

TransIsland

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 122):
Is the NAS flight still shared with GCM? Cuase that was the reason the 777 wasn't used, becuase of the limitations it would face departing GCM. BA uses their LGW based 777s to just about ever caribbean destination. Another question, is the NAS flight from LHR or LGW?

BA's NAS flight is to/from Heathrow. And yes, it's shared with GCM and PLS (depending on the day of the week). But how much real limitation would a 777 face, when departing GCM for NAS? It wouldn't be full anyway, otherwise it couldn't pick up any pax in NAS, and it wouldn't need a lot of fuel either for that short hop.

captaink

Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:16 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 123):
But how much real limitation would a 777 face, when departing GCM for NAS?

I don't know the specifics as to the limitations, but it that is the reason for the use of the 767. I think it has been discussed here sometime ago.
Look Up

md90fan
Topic Author

Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:57 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 120):
I think AA is beginning to suffer because UP and DL both offer jet service to MCO.

AA ended NAS-MCO. I suprised how UP somehow does well on NAS-MCO, it's not like Bahamians flock there either.

Quoting 8B775ZQ (Reply 121):
When did AE acquire ATR72-500's? I'm seeing them here quite often.Are there any plans for them to probably introduce the ERJ's in the region especially for some of their longer sectors like SJU-POS and SJU-BON/CUR.

They've had them since July 1997. And the ERJs will never replace the ATRs, the ATR-72's short-field performance, fuel consumption and most importantly, cargo capacity trump the ERJs.

That and Miami isn't a ERJ base.

Cuase that was the reason the 777 wasn't used, becuase of the limitations it would face departing GCM

Not true. The 777s have been here before, it has more to do with the seating of the ex.LHR 777s.

captaink

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 125):
Not true. The 777s have been here before, it has more to do with the seating of the ex.LHR 777s.

checkmark 

However I did read something about the T7 ex GCM, with regards to limitations. But the seating ex LHR is indeed more premium less leisure, and the caribbean is quite the opposite.
Look Up

TransIsland

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:52 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 125):
it's not like Bahamians flock there either.

Yes, we do! Most of the time, shopping trips end up cheaper to MCO than FLL (or MIA or PBI), and there's plenty colleges in central FL that Bahamians attend (even if it involves driving to TPA or Daytona).

albird87

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:40 am

We use to get the 777 out of LGW when the route was LGW as that is the leisure aircraft that replaced the DC-10s on this route. The 777s had no problem departing here to NAS. Those huge engines made the takeoff look simple!! I use to see the BA flight leave after a KX flight to MIA and the KX flight took up a lot more runway than the BA plane!! Used only 5000 feet for a 7500 foot runway!!
Actually the government down here were asked by BA to expand the turning circles and extend the runway a bit more (1000 feet if i recall) to allow the T7s to operate in here no problem!! Heck the DC-10 did it but she had to slam the brakes on!!

Quoting Captaink (Reply 124):
I don't know the specifics as to the limitations, but it that is the reason for the use of the 767. I think it has been discussed here sometime ago.

The main reason it switched to a 767 is also because it moved from LGW to LHR and as Captainlink explained the T7s out of LHR are more suited for premium destinations and the 767s were all converted into 3 class (CW, WT+, WT) which suited the leisure routes better.

captaink

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 am

Very well. So it all has to do with the aircraft config. So why did BA decide to run these islands ex LHR instead of LGW as the rest of their caribbean network. I know that BGI has a couple LHR flights as a replacement for the concorde flights.
Look Up

md90fan
Topic Author

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:59 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 127):
Yes, we do! Most of the time, shopping trips end up cheaper to MCO than FLL (or MIA or PBI), and there's plenty colleges in central FL that Bahamians attend (even if it involves driving to TPA or Daytona).

Well they go there, there's no denying it, but they don't flock there in the numbers they do to Southern Florida. Also Orlando is blah!!

BTW, I got a new camera, Canon Digital Rebel XTI:

And since I'm at it, I'll post my new PC:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/dev323/blog%20material/PictureorVideo021.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/dev323/blog%20material/PictureorVideo032.jpg

westindian425

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am

Sorry, guys. I know it's been a while. I was actually away for a while. Just got back.  Smile

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 43):
No such proposal. American is starting JFK-UVF in November.

Actually, while jumpseating on DL a few weeks ago, I saw this in the inflight magazine. I did a little digging and found this on DL's website. Here's an excerpt:

The efficiencies of the new schedule will allow Delta to offer customers a total of 204 daily departures to 93 destinations from New York-JFK by June 2008, including:

• Nine new trans-Atlantic routes with nonstop service between JFK and: Tel Aviv, Israel (effective March 10)*; Edinburgh, Scotland (effective May 1); Dakar, Senegal (effective June 2)*; Nairobi, Kenya (via Dakar) (effective June 2)*; Cairo, Egypt (effective June 4)*; Malaga, Spain (effective June 4)*; Amman, Jordan (effective June 5)*; and Lagos, Nigeria (effective June 9)*; and, subject to DOT approval, Cape Town, South Africa (via Dakar) (effective June 3)*. In conjunction with today’s announcement, Delta is applying to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for authority to add the only direct service operated by a U.S. carrier to Cape Town.
  • Five new Latin America routes with nonstop service between JFK and Panama City, Panama (effective Dec. 13); Guatemala City, Guatemala (effective Dec. 14); Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (effective Dec. 20)*; San Jose, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 15)*; and Liberia, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 16)*.

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10861
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

MAH4546

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:46 am

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 131):
Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 43):
No such proposal. American is starting JFK-UVF in November.

Actually, while jumpseating on DL a few weeks ago, I saw this in the inflight magazine. I did a little digging and found this on DL's website. Here's an excerpt:

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 131):
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (effective Dec. 20)*

UVF is St. Lucia, not Port of Spain.
a.

westindian425

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 132):
UVF is St. Lucia, not Port of Spain.

Doh!!! That's what I meant....sorry. Why was UVF in my head then? Will wonders never cease?  Smile

Well, with the digging, I found the info...DL plans JFK-POS in December. That makes DL, BW, Constipation ( Wink), and Travelspan competitors on the route. That's a lot for one route, no? Then again, they are starting at high season.

albird87

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:12 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 129):
Very well. So it all has to do with the aircraft config. So why did BA decide to run these islands ex LHR instead of LGW as the rest of their caribbean network. I know that BGI has a couple LHR flights as a replacement for the concorde flights.

I guess again this is due to the fact that maybe the 777 was overkill for that route at the time and they didnt just want to operate a single 767 from LGW. Also we in cayman have a lot of expats and they always complain that LGW doesnt have the connections onwards that LGW didnt have compared to LHR.
I have a feeling though that maybe when openskies comes into effect, BA will want that slot for another route and we may be moved back to LGW and a 777.

md90fan
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Air Caraibes will add San Jose and Panama City later on this year with E-190 equipment.

Quote:

But getting back to the Air Caraïbes flights, I do in fact have a copy of the schedule, here is what it looks for the inagural flight the 11th of December 2007. Notice this is going to be a 2x week service, operating Tuesdays and Thursdays:

Tuesday 11th December 2007

Outgoing

Air Caraibes (TX 250)

DEP: 15:35 - Pointe A Pitre (PTP)
ARR: 18:20 - San Jose (SJO)

Equipment: E90 (Embraer 190)

Stops: 1 Technical Stop

Wednesday 12th December 2007

Incoming

Air Caraibes (TX 251)

DEP: 07:30 - San Jose (SJO)
ARR: 14:23 - Pointe A Pitre (PTP)

Thrusday 13th December 2007

Outgoing

Air Caraibes (TX 252)

ARR: 18:20 - San Jose (SJO)

Friday 14th December 2007

Incoming

Air Caraibes (TX 253)

DEP: 07:30 - San Jose (SJO)
ARR: 14:30 - Fort de France (FDF)

NOTICE: This "technical" stop is PTY.

Now if you look closely, the Tuesday-Wednesday flight is routing FDF-PTP-PTY-SJO-PTY-PTP-FDF, while the Thursday-Friday flight is operating FDF-PTP-PTY-SJO-PTY-FDF-PTP, meaning that on Tuesdays you get first to Point a Pitre while on Fridays you get first to Fort de France.

Now here is the PTY schedule:

Tuesday 11th December 2007

Outgoing

Air Caraibes (TX 250)

ARR: 17:35 - Panama City (PTY)

Stops: None

Wednesday 12th December 2007

Incoming

Air Caraibes (TX 251)

DEP: 10:30 - Panama City (PTY)
ARR: 14:30 - Pointe A Pitre (PTP)

Thrusday 13th December 2007

Outgoing

Air Caraibes (TX 252)

ARR: 17:35 - Panama City (PTY)

Friday 14th December 2007

Incoming

Air Caraibes (TX 253)

DEP: 07:30 - Panama City (PTY)
ARR: 14:30 - Fort de France (FDF)

[Edited 2007-10-02 09:32:37]

hummingbird

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:24 pm

The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

captaink

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:24 pm

Nice summary of plans. I hope they get the funding and that these plans are put into play. The interisland A319 service is the interesting part. Many people don't agree with it, but I do. Jamaica and JM have circumstances different to other airlines, so this hub-hub A319 service makes perfect sense for them. They won't be "wasting" a bigger airplane including that 340 which also does MBJ/KIN at times, or the bigger 32X series.
Look Up

mbj-11

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Well seeing that the a319's will be definitely utilized on the MBJ-KGN route, one also anticipates that GCM and NAS runs could be seeing them as well. Based on distance and load factors as well as hub connections, I really fail to see the 319's sitting on the tarmac doing nothing until "peak hub" demands. Also with the introduction of flights into S. America one is inclined to believe that JM may benefit from an increasing load factor as providing another option to get from S. America to the US/Canada.
Mr Conway insists on the 757's over the A321's and I feel that Guyana is a part of his decision to push for that aircraft.So who knows, CAL might see a drop in its Guyanese passengers connecting in JA to Georgetown.

md90fan
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:02 pm

Is JM's management that removed from the real world?

A319s on 18 minutes hops, 757s to South America, More business class seats to a holiday destination? (save Kingston).

Since when did they think it was somewhat of a decent idea to use one of their largest aircraft on a route to it's larger Southern neighbor of which no current flights exist (save Satena ERJ-145 charters)? Since when, in a region accustomed to turboprops and propellers in general, are Jamaicans to good to fly a turboprop for 80 miles?

JM has seriously lost it's mind, IMO  twocents 

aa1818

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:05 pm

Got given a FA's tel. number ona flight from JFK-LHR on monday. How random?? She is cute, and I think i'm going to call her, but has this ever happenned to anyone else?? Sorry for posting this random bit here, but I figured my Caribbean brothers would like to share their own experiences with Stewardesses and hear my own!!

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

mbj-11

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Well to be honest Jamaicans have traditionally never been fans of turbo props, case in point Air Jamaica express. The load for KGN-MBJ was always higher on the jets. Also, baggage is a significant factor when Jamaicans travel, if you are in Nassau go check when JM is due for check in. I admit the A319's are stretching it a bit, but I doubt they will be solely for that purpose.
Look for the 757's to be in Venezuela and possibly codeshare with Copa. I know the current govt. is in discussion with the Brazilian govt and the Venezuelan govt. So I guess thats where the pronouncements are in regard to.

captaink

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:36 am

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 141):
I admit the A319's are stretching it a bit, but I doubt they will be solely for that purpose.

checkmark 

Ok, the cities/airports MBJ/KIN need to be bridged. That is a fact. I do agree, the 319 is stretching it abit, but for the baggage/cargo, there are few other options. And yes I sure hte 319s would be used on other routes, i.e long thin routes, off season etc. Taking all that into consideration, using an A319 to hop between MBJ/KIN is way better than the current system where we see the 320/321 and 340 doing the same 18min hop. Why are people finding that hard to understand.

Re more first class. Remember that the 757s are really used on destinations frequented by leisure travellers (tourists). On the contrary they would be primarily used on VFR routes. Now you may find it hard to believe, but VFR passenger actually buy First Class tickets. If people only knew the high prices VFR passengers pay to travel compared to tourist from ORD who's going for a week in the sun. When I worked JM First Class with the measly 12 seats almost always left full. And if passegers did not buy Premium tickets before, they usually upgrade at the airport which is quite easy on JM. P.S. It is Top Class in JM, the CEO should know that. HAHA

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 139):
757s to South America

Now with regards to South America, I was talking to my brother who works for JM and I told I think they are out of their mind venturing out on that. But I guess we don't have much say now do we. Lets see what happens.
Look Up

bloodyrascal

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:20 am

Well from personal experience before the start up of NAS-KIN. Always flying NAS-MBJ-KIN the MBJ-KIN flight was always full on a A321 especially with the BAGS my goodness and I thought Bahamians was bad coming back from MIA and FLL but my goodness.

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 138):
Well seeing that the a319's will be definitely utilized on the MBJ-KGN route, one also anticipates that GCM and NAS runs could be seeing them as well.

I Could see that usually the MBJ-NAS route would always be full but coming back is when the plane is almost empty. But i could have sworn that it was peforming really well for them they even had a second daily flight on some days? and with the added weekly NAS-KIN flight

BWIA 772

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:23 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 139):

On the face of it using the A319 on MBJ KIN is insane however it seems to be best choice given the extenuating circumstances such as the need for luggage space and the high load factors. In addition we also have to look at the cost of introducing another fleet type. When one take these thing into consideration the A319 may be a best fit for JM and depending on what they do they can make the aircraft work for them. Depending on how many A319s JM decides to take they can be put on long and thin routes where the A320 and 757 would be over kill.

BTW it seems as if CAL has put some billboards up in Florida... well thats what I just read on calpa

Regards

BWIA 772

[Edited 2007-10-02 23:24:40]
Eagles Soar!

westindian425

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 144):
BTW it seems as if CAL has put some billboards up in Florida... well thats what I just read on calpa

Ha-ha!!! Did you hear that Beeweel15?! They're advertising in FL too? There's three that I can count in Brooklyn alone. What is this world coming to?  Wink

bw415

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Just a small update on CAL... They have added a new section to their website called Customer Care.. they have also relocated the ontime performance to this section.. The ontime performance for September is 92%..

Also on CALPA someone uploaded pictures of 9Y-WIN and 9Y-WIP with new CAL decals on the fuselage.. this should be a temporary fixture though.. The old bwee express colours actually go really well with the hummingbird :P

Regards,

bw415
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

A388

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 146):
Also on CALPA someone uploaded pictures of 9Y-WIN and 9Y-WIP with new CAL decals on the fuselage..

I would love to see those pictures. Can you show those pictures there as well? That would be great..... Big grin

A388

bw415

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:43 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 147):
I would love to see those pictures. Can you show those pictures there as well? That would be great.....

http://www.caribbeanalpa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1474&start=0

I don't want to upload anyone's pics without permission so check the link out.. scroll to the bottom of the page.

bw415
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

captaink

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:24 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 144):
BTW it seems as if CAL has put some billboards up in Florida

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 148):
I don't want to upload anyone's pics without permission so check the link out.. scroll to the bottom of the page.

The original BW Express colours sure worked out well for Caribbean Airlines..
Look Up

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos