Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

md90fan
Topic Author

Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part XX

Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Greetings folks  old 

This thread is unique in the sense that it is our 20th thread in a little over 1 year of existence! A fairly large achievement for any thread with a consistent subject on this board, let alone something that grew out of a measly discussion about BWIA being "put to sleep". (Big thanks to myself, BWIA772, A388, Caribbean484, AA1818, WestIndian425, Captaink, 2travel2know, Trintocan, Caymanair, Allbird87, Mbj-11, Jm017 Hummingbird, Beeweel15 and Inbound. Along with our periodic posters such as: STXBohn, Lucianflyboy, SLCUT777, Steeler83, CO777DAL and MAH4546.)

"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Anyways, without further adieu:

Caribbean Aviation recent developments:

• AA added DFW-PLS and reinstated BOS-PLS, and addition of a 3rd daily MIA-PLS frequency.
  • CAL 738 9Y-GEO has returned home.
  • CAL CEO Peter Davies has been replaced by Philip Saunders.
  • CAL has received flag carrier status in Guyana.
  • Constellation has leased a 2nd 757 from Primaris, this one wearing new titles.
  • CO is going to deploy the 757 on the EWR-NAS route.
  • Cubana took delivery of it's 1st Tu-204-120E, this one a passenger version.
  • Delta will start new Sat. only service to Bonaire and St.Kitt's from the Atlanta megahub.
  • JM is supposedly looking at acquiring 6x A319s (ex.AC) now, instead of the original 2, the plan is now for 4x to replace A320s and 2x for the proposed MBJ-KIN shuttle.
  • JM is also reportedly having trouble finding suitable 757s.
  • JM's Mr.Golding is seeking new investors to acquire up to 49% of the company.
  • Suriname Airlines is supposedly acquiring 2x CRJs in December when the lease on their sole MD-82 expires.
  • USA3000 has announced PIT-MBJ.

http://i5.tinypic.com/2na36gz.gif
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1318/687116044_d1ec3c3485_o.jpg

Regards,
MD90fan  wave 
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

BWIA 772

RE: Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part XX

Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:54 am

Hi guys on Tuesday afternoon I saw 9Y GEO at BGI while I was on my way to MCO via MIA. She has the Caribbean Airlines stickers on. I had heard that 9Y BGI is the next aircraft to get the CAL livery does anyone know if she has gone up to ATL for the change.

Regards
Eagles Soar!

yellowtail

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:03 am

Can the DFW -PLS route really work?.....I know PLS is one of their best stations....but people west of the mississippi tend to go to mexico/hawaii for their vacations..and CO has struggled (POS is a unique success) to open routes to the eastern caribbean from IAH....
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

2travel2know

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:03 am

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 2):
Can the DFW -PLS route really work?.....

Texans are avid scuba divers, if there's some scuba on PLS and some wholesaler is booking seats in advance, then the route might work.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

westindian425

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:11 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 3):
Texans are avid scuba divers, if there's some scuba on PLS and some wholesaler is booking seats in advance, then the route might work.

Add to that the fact that PLS is really not that far, compared to the windward islands.
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

md90fan
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:30 am

Skybus interested in Freeport, Bahamas:

Quote:

Skybus Airlines might fly to two destinations in the Bahamas rather than just one when it begins proposed service to the islands.

The airline said it wants to fly three times a week from Port Columbus to the Grand Bahama Island city of Freeport. The flights would alternate days with flights to the Bahamian capital of Nassau, which has a larger airport and is a bigger draw for tourists, according to a filing with the U.S. Department of Transportation. In July, the Transportation Department granted a Skybus request to offer service from Columbus to Nassau and Cancun, Mexico.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content..._09-13-07_C10_1A7SRU3.html?sid=101

rotfl  pretty funny. Columbus,Ohio-Grand Bahama? Anyways, if true, good news for the island.

BWIA 772

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 am

CAL on time performance for the month of August was 60 % !!
Eagles Soar!

steeler83

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:56 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Thread starter):
Steeler83

Hey, I got recognition! yay!

I am not sure how I could contribue to this edition, although with the CLE expansion official, any possibility of any Caribbean flying by CO out of CLE? I know someone mentioned CLE-MEX as a possibility. I am sure they already serve places like CUN and maybe SJU?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

A388

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 7):
although with the CLE expansion official, any possibility of any Caribbean flying by CO out of CLE?

You beat me to it Steeler, I was wondering the same thing after reading about CO's planned expansion from CLE.

A388

fpofllflyboi

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:30 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 5):
pretty funny. Columbus,Ohio-Grand Bahama? Anyways, if true, good news for the island.

Funny? not at all. Lol. Don't forget that Laker Bahamas did FPO-CVG and FPO-CLE for quite a while.

bloodyrascal

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:19 am

Oh the good old days to fly on a 727 sighhhhhhhh  Sad

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 5):
Skybus interested in Freeport, Bahamas:

It could possibly work. I would honestly start it as a once a week. and possibly twice weekly during the winter.

I know this is kinda of late seeing that I am in CMH right now but what was a AVIANCA aircraft doing in NAS yesterday

hummingbird

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:58 pm

The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

TransIsland

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:39 pm

According to the Guardian, neither SKYBUS flight is confirmed yet. So we don't know if they really start on 1st October.

"The filings say the airline intends to start services to the Bahamas 'on or about' Oct. 1. Skybus spokesman Bob Tenenbaum emphasized that no firm date has been set to begin service to The Bahamas or to Cancun. The airline has not begun selling tickets to either overseas location."
Source: http://www.thenassauguardian.com/bixex/324805882743342.php

The paper is also carrying a story about UP not making public its customer complaints stats. What really pisses me off about this is that on their homepage they used an a.net photo to go along with their story. I guess I'll be talking to my lawyer tomorrow...

Story: http://www.thenassauguardian.com/bixex/324805870433363.php

And that's the photo on the homepage:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Stephen B. Aranha

I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

A388

Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:02 pm

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 12):
I guess I'll be talking to my lawyer tomorrow...

I don't think you will have much success. I have seen my photos being used in newspapers, magazines and slide shows without my permission but going to a lawyer has little effect. When these companies are being approached they just remove the photo. For all you know, maybe your photos are also used by companies in China, Maui, Alaska, Angola and you will never find out about this. That's the internet for you....

Even so, good luck of couse  Smile

A388 Big grin

westindian425

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:31 pm

The paper is also carrying a story about UP not making public its customer complaints stats. What really pisses me off about this is that on their homepage they used an a.net photo to go along with their story. I guess I'll be talking to my lawyer tomorrow...

Let me know if there is any success there. I'm trying to emerger as a a.net photographer (though I still have a long way to go. My photos can only make MyAviation's cut.)

md90fan
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:28 am

According to the Guardian, neither SKYBUS flight is confirmed yet. So we don't know if they really start on 1st October.

They are now talking about a Spring '08 debut, and they want to do CMH-FPO, too.

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 10):
It could possibly work. I would honestly start it as a once a week. and possibly twice weekly during the winter.

Except they are planning on starting a 3x weekly service.

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 7):
I am sure they already serve places like CUN and maybe SJU?

Of course, along with Nassau.

TransIsland

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 10):
I know this is kinda of late seeing that I am in CMH right now but what was a AVIANCA aircraft doing in NAS yesterday

I have no idea, but Thursday and Friday there have been about two dozen airliners from various Latin American destinations and airlines (mostly, but not exclusively Mexicana) in and out of Nassau. Of course my work schedule prevented me from catching a single one!  Sad

I am not aware of any large construction project starting that would require so many extra workers here in Nassau, I am not aware of any convention that would bring in so many delegates, I am simply baffled.

B747forever

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting MD90fan (Thread starter):
Cubana took delivery of it's 1st Tu-204-120E, this one a passenger version.

What kind of fleet has cubana??

Would be nice to know that.
Work Hard, Fly Right

md90fan
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:51 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 16):
I am not aware of any large construction project starting that would require so many extra workers here in Nassau, I am not aware of any convention that would bring in so many delegates, I am simply baffled.

The $2,500,000,000 Cable Beach redevelopment gets started in Sepetember IIRC.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 17):
What kind of fleet has cubana??

IIRC:

2 A320s from TACA
2 An-24RV
3 IL-62Ms
3 IL-96-300
1 Tu--204-120C
1 Tu-204-120E
3 Yak-42D

B747forever

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 18):

WOW, that is a big job.

Thank you for the info about Cubanas fleet

IIRC:

What do you mean with that???
Work Hard, Fly Right

CO777DAL

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 2):
(POS is a unique success)

From the price they charge per ticket it should be a success. Last year around this time I could get DAL-POS First Class for less than $900. Now a non re4fundable First Class ticket is $1,402 and the refundable First Class ticket is $2,684. The Y coach ticket is $2,060.

Island Hopping?

Anyways later this year I’m planning to take a vacation and visit several islands. I know LIAT use to offer island hopping package fare. Do they still do? I plan on visiting several islands that made up the British and French West Indies.

I plan on leaving TAB and the islands I really want to go to are

Barbados
St. Vincent
St. Marten
St. Kitts and Nevis

If I have time
St. Lucia
Martinique
Grenada
Antigua

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Worked Hard. Flew Right. Farewell, Continental. Thanks for the memories.

TransIsland

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:21 am

There is no sign of construction starting. The old hotels are still operating. Word has it that the new gov't want to review the contracts.

Add the Venezolana B732 to Cubana, as it's flying the Nassau run regularly. AeroCaribbean's IL-18s and ATR-72s are also regulars on that route for Cubana.

md90fan
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:46 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 21):
There is no sign of construction starting. The old hotels are still operating. Word has it that the new gov't want to review the contracts.

I thought they've begun tearing down old hotels? And that they were going to meet together to see who was doing what?

Ah well, I guess I need to head down there again to see for myself.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 21):
. AeroCaribbean's IL-18s

The pax. ones were supposedly retired early this year.

Anyways, how's Atlantis looking? This is the most recent picture I can get that shows the ongoing construction there:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1015/1261738347_d6bc86c12b_b.jpg

B747forever

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:49 am

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 22):
Anyways, how's Atlantis looking? This is the most recent picture I can get that shows the ongoing construction there

OMG that is a paradise.
Work Hard, Fly Right

A388

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 16):
I have no idea, but Thursday and Friday there have been about two dozen airliners from various Latin American destinations and airlines (mostly, but not exclusively Mexicana) in and out of Nassau.

Maybe these were diversions from MIA or FLL (bad weather + emergencies)? I'm just looking for explanations, nothing more and nothing less. So please feel free to correct me here.

A388  Smile

TransIsland

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:01 am

The pax. ones were supposedly retired early this year.

Maybe they're on their way out, but they did some HAV-NAS flights this summer.

Quoting A388 (Reply 24):
Maybe these were diversions from MIA or FLL (bad weather + emergencies)?

Not likely.

a) Diversions usually don't go back to their airport of origin, but instead move on to their original destination. These went straight back to Mexico (and other Latin American destinations).

b) The movements lasted for about 48 hours. If MIA or FLL had had serious problems for that long, it would have been all over CNN.

c) If MIA/FLL had problems, we would have had other traffic besides a handful of Latin American carriers from a handful of Latin American destinations.

Devan - That Atlantis photo is still fairly accurate (as far as I can tell from the ground). And at least last night on my way home, the Cable Beach strip was still standing, and there were tourists all over the place, too, so no, not torn down yet.

A388

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:26 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 25):
Not likely.

a) Diversions usually don't go back to their airport of origin, but instead move on to their original destination. These went straight back to Mexico (and other Latin American destinations).

b) The movements lasted for about 48 hours. If MIA or FLL had had serious problems for that long, it would have been all over CNN.

c) If MIA/FLL had problems, we would have had other traffic besides a handful of Latin American carriers from a handful of Latin American destinations.

Okay, I stand corrected. Thanks.

A388

albird87

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 3):
Texans are avid scuba divers, if there's some scuba on PLS and some wholesaler is booking seats in advance, then the route might work

This is why i think a DFW-GCM on AA 3-4x a week could work also!! I think it would be great to see AA serving GCM from DFW and allow west coast people to only have to travel to DFW instead of MIA to get down to the carib!! Lets see more MD-80s down here!! Im sick and tired of 737s!! :P

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 6):

WOW that aint too good.... But what to they call on time performances?? Do 5-20 mins late mean on time?? If so that aint too bad!!

bloodyrascal

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Heres a Article that came out today about the reason Airtran pulled out of there only international route FPO.  Sad
I could see them come back in a few years but firstly a daily 717 would be nice Big grin to NAS.

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/bixex/289847887124378.php

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 25):
Devan - That Atlantis photo is still fairly accurate (as far as I can tell from the ground). And at least last night on my way home, the Cable Beach strip was still standing, and there were tourists all over the place, too, so no, not torn down yet.

Didn't they say that it was supposed to be done by like 2010? or something?

And just out of curiosity is UP going to buy Southern Air seeing that they use them for some of the family island flights but operate as UP?

lucianflyboy

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Thanks MD90Fan!!!

I try to contibute to the forum, especially the Caribbean ones.

Any news on Caribbean Sun's 'rebirth'? I've been checking their web site and it's still the same. The last news insert was from when they anncounced they were getting back into the game. There's nothing much out there about them.

It says they want to start operations by late 2007 but that is quickly approching and no announcements about their routes, schedules etc.

Thanks ya'll!

Lucian Texan!

TransIsland

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 28):
And just out of curiosity is UP going to buy Southern Air seeing that they use them for some of the family island flights but operate as UP?

I doubt it. It would not make any fiscal sense. My guess is they're using Southern to fill the gap left by the Dash that had the mishap in GHB / MYEM.

The Journal reports today that they want to tear down the old terminal at NAS / MYNN. Crying shame if you ask me. They're historical buildings, and if you invest load of money, you should make the effort to restore them.

http://www.jonesbahamas.com/?c=45&a=14162

http://www.jonesbahamas.com/?c=45&a=14164

westindian425

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:05 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 30):
The Journal reports today that they want to tear down the old terminal at NAS / MYNN. Crying shame if you ask me. They're historical buildings, and if you invest load of money, you should make the effort to restore them.

Maybe they're looking at the improvements at POS and BGI and think they should do better, considering how much traffic NAS gets on an annual basis.

Just speculation.

albird87

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 31):
Quoting TransIsland (Reply 30):

Maybe they're looking at the improvements at POS and BGI and think they should do better, considering how much traffic NAS gets on an annual basis.

Well it seems that GCM also wants to construct a new terminal here with jetbridges and fancy stuff like that!!
It would be a shame tho as the terminal now is very artistic and i love the old wood smell that it has up top int he viewing area!!
However GCM does need an expansion now.... its a bit tight in the departures around lunchtime and early afternoon!!

TransIsland

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:55 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 13):
I don't think you will have much success. ... That's the internet for you....

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 14):
Let me know if there is any success there.

I didn't go to my lawyer, but went straight to the paper. I got paid. In cash.

There's about two dozen Latin American airline flights in and out of Nassau right now again. I shall try and get some photos, if the weather improves. Would REALLY like to know what they're doing here.

steeler83

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:27 am

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 28):
Heres a Article that came out today about the reason Airtran pulled out of there only international route FPO.
I could see them come back in a few years but firstly a daily 717 would be nice to NAS.

I suppose FL could cover quite a few destinations from their ATL hub, or even MCO, unless DL has those destinations covered. I am not sure about MCO though... I know WN has a nice base there, but I am not sure how big FL is in MCO, or if any other airlines have numerous routes to the Caribbean from there...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

bloodyrascal

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:31 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 34):
MCO, unless DL has those destinations covered. I am not sure about MCO though.

Delta Connection does have a focus city in MCO but isnt there only international route NAS though? I doubt they would expand internationally out of MCO.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 33):
if any other airlines have numerous routes to the Caribbean from there...

Only Continental Connection, Jetblue as American carriers that serve more than one Carribean destination. US has a flight to BDA but thats seasonally and did Spirit ever operate a NAS-MCO service?

TransIsland

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 am

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 35):

You misquoted.

Yes, NK did fly MCO-NAS for a short while. Terrible times, so I never went on it. DL and UP are both pretty reasonable on that route.

MAH4546

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:46 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 23):
Anyways, how's Atlantis looking? This is the most recent picture I can get that shows the ongoing construction there

OMG that is a paradise.

Was paradise. While it's done wonders for the economy, Atlantis single handidly took the "paradise" out of Paradise Island. Paradise Island used to be an amazing, quiet place to visit. It still had the casinos and golf courses, but on a much smaller scale. While it's still a fun place to visit, it's no different than any other island resort.
a.

albird87

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 am

Wow BA seem to have some problems with their 767s that fly down here to GCM and NAS. Past month they seem to have had at least one flight delayed massivly and yesterday was the latest as its stuck in NAS on its way back to LHR!!
Anybody know what the problem is??

I think its time to send that order to A or B for some new aircraft!!

bloodyrascal

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:54 am

There's about two dozen Latin American airline flights in and out of Nassau right now again. I shall try and get some photos, if the weather improves. Would REALLY like to know what they're doing here.

Well you are going to have to get out early because most of them are scheduled in the morning. Avianca did had another to Bogota.

There is a funny airline ARINC? to Guadalajara and Interjet to Toluca.

Yesterday Mexicana had flights to both Mexico City and Guadalajara. Is there anything in the news saying what is going on? (Tribune)

It would be great for a spotter to get a capture of these rare birds (well in NAS) I wish i could but you know when your in a foreign country you hands tied Big grin

TransIsland

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:00 am

I caught three Mexicana's and one Interjet yesterday afternoon. When LAN came in, my battery died. And then I had to leave as a major rainstorm was approaching from Lyford Cay.

It seems that yesterday's flights were still dropping off people (with last week taking the total up to 7,000) for some kind of corporate retreat of a Latin American insurance company. At least that's what one customs lady said. If true, they will need to be picked up, so there may be yet another chance to catch a few of these birds.

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 39):
It would be great for a spotter to get a capture of these rare birds

It would be great if there were more spotters in Nassau... Have a look at the database and see how many regular contributors there are - from behind the fence.

westindian425

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:01 am

I didn't go to my lawyer, but went straight to the paper. I got paid. In cash.

You are a beacon to all the a.netters out there, sir.  Smile Gotta work on improving my pics so they can end up in magazines and newspapers. Actually, a friend of mine got free tickets and cash for his pics of Southwest.

Now then...what's the status of Spirit's proposed flights to POS? And is there any more info on Delta's proposed direct JFK-UVF flights?

bw415

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:41 am

This announcement was posted today on the Caribbean Airlines Website.. there is also a link for the new service

http://www.caribbean-airlines.com/tobago.html

CARIBBEAN AIRLINES TO OPERATE AND ADMINISTER AIRBRIDGE!

Caribbean Airlines announced today that it has acquired all the outstanding shares in Tobago Express and will be commencing operational management of the airbridge under its code from 1st October 2007.

Under new management the airbridge will maintain the present schedule with the current fleet and the ongoing support of Caribbean Airlines’ Boeing 737-800 aircraft at times of high demand. The airbridge will continue to be regulated by the Government of Trinidad & Tobago.

Tobago Express employees will receive statutory severance packages and offered new and enhanced 3 month transition contracts with Caribbean Airlines. During this time Caribbean Airlines will work with its employees and customers to design the optimum airbridge service. Following this, staff will be given opportunities to join Caribbean Airlines’ permanent ranks.

“Caribbean Airlines plans to offer seamless connections between the islands for local and international travelers, making the destination part of its network” says Caribbean Airlines CEO Peter Davies. “Our schedule will also link other carriers landing in Port-of-Spain to Crown Point bringing more visitors to Tobago”.

Caribbean Airlines is committed to bringing the same on-time performance and customer service levels it delivers to its current customers. It has already developed check-in capabilities, online booking and payment solutions for both customers and travel agents and plans to enhance the overall airport experience.

“We will aim to have a seamless transition for our customers and business partners,” adds CEO designate, Philip Saunders. “We are convinced that by concentrating on improving distribution processes and customer service we can build the foundation for the future sustainability of the airbridge”

The route will benefit from being part of the global distribution system used by Caribbean Airlines, giving International travel agents access to the route seat availability and opportunities to sell the destination to their clients on a global basis.

Caribbean Airlines will service all flights between Trinidad and Tobago in the most efficient and professional manner in which it currently operates its entire network.
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

MAH4546

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:17 am

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 41):
Now then...what's the status of Spirit's proposed flights to POS?

The Trinidad government has not given Spirit approval.

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 41):
And is there any more info on Delta's proposed direct JFK-UVF flights?

No such proposal. American is starting JFK-UVF in November.
a.

SLCUT2777

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:40 am

Anyways, how's Atlantis looking?

Hi Devon! I pulled this one from the webshots database that was dated last March, but does show some activity at Atlantis going on:

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 37):
Was paradise. While it's done wonders for the economy, Atlantis single handidly took the "paradise" out of Paradise Island. Paradise Island used to be an amazing, quiet place to visit. It still had the casinos and golf courses, but on a much smaller scale. While it's still a fun place to visit, it's no different than any other island resort.

Just LAS with the tropical rather than desert climate. It has helped the economic engine of the area no doubt. Still a fun place to go without question, but for differnet reasons.

The big question I have for 2007-2008, will be if Americans start to return to the region, or will there be another decline as there has been the last couple of years since the U.S. began to put new passport restrictions to fly and visit the region into place?
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

steeler83

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 44):
The big question I have for 2007-2008, will be if Americans start to return to the region, or will there be another decline as there has been the last couple of years since the U.S. began to put new passport restrictions to fly and visit the region into place?

Wow!!! I SOOO want to see that place some time!!!!!!!

md90fan
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 37):
Paradise Island used to be an amazing, quiet place to visit.

Go to a family island, and I bet you can still experience that ambiance.

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 35):
Delta Connection does have a focus city in MCO but isnt there only international route NAS though?

Yes. They did do MEX for a while, but it was dropped.

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 44):
Hi Devon! I pulled this one from the webshots database that was dated last March, but does show some activity at Atlantis going on:

Hey man, I was thinking about you, I was in a hotel in ONT (saw the An-124 too!) and they had a Mormon book in the drawer!

BTW, Atlantis looks like this now:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1074/1171595733_437cb562e5_b.jpg

TransIsland

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Atlantis last October.
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Stephen B. Aranha

Of course, since then the latest addition ("The Cove") has opened. I keep meaning to climb up on the bridge and take some photos, but lately, when I have time, the weather sucks and vice versa.

Just to keep this aviation related, the Guardian sports a photo of a cockroach today and warns about the work conditions at Marsh Harbour's airport which could be detrimental to air safety.

http://community.nassauguardian.net/...show_pdf.php?file=09192007_A04.pdf

caribbean484

Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:16 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 42):
This announcement was posted today on the Caribbean Airlines Website.. there is also a link for the new service

Welcome BW415 good to see another Trini flag flying high here, but my friend BW772 will be a little disappointed that it was not another TriniBajan lol.

Yeah thanks for the link.

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 6):

Yep duly because of runway construction being done in POS and some delays at JFK.
All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:19 am

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 11):
JM update on LHR slots

Hummingbird or Reggea, can anyone of you tell us what is really happening at JM, because this is getting a little bit crazy. I mean Keeping a lose route to support route for national pride is getting a bit too much.
All ah we is one family

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos