This thread is unique in the sense that it is our 20th thread in a little over 1 year of existence! A fairly large achievement for any thread with a consistent subject on this board, let alone something that grew out of a measly discussion about BWIA being "put to sleep". (Big thanks to myself, BWIA772, A388, Caribbean484, AA1818, WestIndian425, Captaink, 2travel2know, Trintocan, Caymanair, Allbird87, Mbj-11, Jm017 Hummingbird, Beeweel15 and Inbound. Along with our periodic posters such as: STXBohn, Lucianflyboy, SLCUT777, Steeler83, CO777DAL and MAH4546.)
"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Anyways, without further adieu:
Caribbean Aviation recent developments:
- AA added DFW-PLS and reinstated BOS-PLS, and addition of a 3rd daily MIA-PLS frequency.
- CAL 738 9Y-GEO has returned home.
- CAL CEO Peter Davies has been replaced by Philip Saunders.
- CAL has received flag carrier status in Guyana.
- Constellation has leased a 2nd 757 from Primaris, this one wearing new titles.
- CO is going to deploy the 757 on the EWR-NAS route.
- Cubana took delivery of it's 1st Tu-204-120E, this one a passenger version.
- Delta will start new Sat. only service to Bonaire and St.Kitt's from the Atlanta megahub.
- JM is supposedly looking at acquiring 6x A319s (ex.AC) now, instead of the original 2, the plan is now for 4x to replace A320s and 2x for the proposed MBJ-KIN shuttle.
- JM is also reportedly having trouble finding suitable 757s.
- JM's Mr.Golding is seeking new investors to acquire up to 49% of the company.
- Suriname Airlines is supposedly acquiring 2x CRJs in December when the lease on their sole MD-82 expires.
- USA3000 has announced PIT-MBJ.