Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777way
Topic Author

Chinese Carriers New Destinations?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:58 am

Air China planning Istanbul, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Vienna, Warsaw, Manchester, Toronto and Washington.

China Southern planning Mumbai, Newark, Vancouver, Detroit and London.

China Eastern planning Kolkata and Brisbane.

Hainan Airlines planning Chicago, Newark, Dubai and Luanda.

All between March 2008/October 2009 according to wikipedia and linked news sources there.

Doona

RE: Chinese Carriers New Destinations?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:34 am

Quoting 777way (Thread starter):
Luanda

This will be interesting, if not that surprising considering the ever-expanding Chinese commercial investment in parts of Africa.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

naritaflyer

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:38 am

I flew China Eastern from Shanghai to Narita last week. I was blown away by the quality of service. Clean aircraft, very professional flight attendants and very good food. I enjoyed the professionalism of flight attendants. I'm used to good service on Japanese carriers but China Eastern really beat them all.

a380us

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:57 am

how come none of them fly to Israel or TLV for that matter
www.JandACosmetics.com

Doona

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:34 am

Quoting A380US (Reply 3):

Good question. Lack of demand, I suppose. Come to think of it, not many Far Eastern carriers serve TLV... AFAIK there's TG, and KE soon. What cities does LY serve in China/Far East in general?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

IAD380

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:49 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 4):
What cities does LY serve in China/Far East in general?

BOM, BKK, HKG, and PEK. LY is interested in starting flights to NRT, but it can't find the slots. Some newspapers report that KE may start passenger flights to TLV this spring, but so far, there has been no confirmation of this.

Air China planning Istanbul, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Vienna, Warsaw, Manchester, Toronto and Washington.

I hope that CA actually starts flights to IAD. However, UA recently started flying from IAD to PEK. I question whether this route could support daily nonstop flights by two carriers so soon. If CA actually starts these flights, it will join UA, KE and NH in offering daily nonstop flights from IAD to three important Pacific rim capitals - NRT, PEK, and ICN.

China Southern planning . . . Detroit.

I wonder if this will actually happen. BA is withdrawing from DTW after nearly 50 years. Even though China Southern is in alliance with NW, I wonder if this route is really sustainable.

777way
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 4):

Good question. Lack of demand, I suppose. Come to think of it, not many Far Eastern carriers serve TLV... AFAIK there's TG, and KE soon. What cities does LY serve in China/Far East in general?

Air China served there back in the 90's with a 747SP.

KE Cargo serve TLV, passenger service is not confirmed yet.

TG do not operate there on their own, only code share on LY flights out of BKK.

Hainan is said to be starting Berlin too and China Southern are planning Algeris.

[Edited 2007-09-23 18:16:09]

IAD380

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:59 am

Quoting 777way (Reply 6):
Air China served there back in the 90's with a 747SP.

Thanks 777way. I never knew that CA flew to TLV. Do you know how many times a week CA flew to TLV, and how long this service lasted? Also, do you know if this was an O&D route, or did these flights stop en route or continue on to another destination? Did these flights originate in PEK or PVG? I would appreciate an information you have about these flights. Thank you. - IAD380

777way
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:08 am

I picked up this info years ago from some discussion, all I know is it was from Beijing.

md90fan

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:16 am

Hey 777way, you may be interested in this:
More Chinese Route Applications (by MD90fan Sep 21 2007 in Civil Aviation)
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

777way
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Hainan had applied for seasonal service in 2005 but they didnt get permission.

mk777

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Quoting IAD380 (Reply 5):
I hope that CA actually starts flights to IAD. However, UA recently started flying from IAD to PEK. I question whether this route could support daily nonstop flights by two carriers so soon. If CA actually starts these flights, it will join UA, KE and NH in offering daily nonstop flights from IAD to three important Pacific rim capitals - NRT, PEK, and ICN.

Maybe CA can start the flight from PVG to IAD and let UA the IAD-PEK route!!!?? This might prove more beneficial to CA.

Besides, its will be nice seeing new airlines at IAD especially from Asia. Maybe next on the horizon will be AI or 9W from Indian destinations.  Smile

Any thoughts?
come fly with me

Knightsofmalta

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:41 am

You forgot to add ZRH to Air China's list which should go online by 2008 I believe.

IAD380

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:42 am

Quoting Mk777 (Reply 11):
Besides, its will be nice seeing new airlines at IAD especially from Asia. Maybe next on the horizon will be AI or 9W from Indian destinations.

IAD is becoming well-connected to all parts of the globe. UA and many foreign offer daily nonstop flights from IAD to destinations across both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Additionally, there are direct flights from IAD to major destinations in Africa and Latin America. IB, EI, and QR recently started nonstop flights to IAD. Hopefully, more foreign airlines will start flying to IAD in 2008, and UA will fly to more international destinations from its IAD hub. Like you, I hope that direct flights between IAD and India start soon. Supposedly, IAD is high on AI's list of new destinations in the United States. I hope that AI will soon inaugurate flights to BOM while UA launches "capital to capital" service between IAD and DEL.

RAFVC10

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:15 am

I heard that Hainan Airlines wanted to start operations to BCN.

Any more news?

Gerard
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!

JoKeR

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:20 am

Air China

Rumor mill has it that they will be returning to BEG in 2009, probably from PEK. Apparently it will be a 1-stop, terminator service. CA flew to BEG in the '80s and early '90s with 767s and 74S

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos