Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LX001
Topic Author

Emirates; Why Not To Bali?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello!
Does someone know why Emirates dose´nt fly to Bali? Do you think they will fly there soon? Qatar also flys there...
Thanks
Bruno

OHLHD

RE: Emirates; Why Not To Bali?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:43 pm

They can't fly everywhere.  Smile I assume they have other more important destinations where they want to go first.. Bear in mind QR goes via KUL and I guess they are dispatching the A/C rather then having it standing around at KUL.

QR and EK also do not follow the same business plan.  Smile

Sorry do not have more info.

B747-4U3

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 pm

I believe the DOH-KUL-DPS service only runs 4 per week, and has traffic rights KUL-DPS-KUL on 3 flights per week. The aircraft is an A300.

In fairness, according to what other members have said on the forum, there are hardly any profitable international flights from DPS. Most of the traffic is people going on holiday and therefore yields are low. I also know, having talked to several exporters in Bali that relatively little airfreight goes out of Bali.

A friend of mine came to visit me in Bali using the Qatar flight. He said the flight was full but considering the fare he paid I very much doubt Qatar Airways are turning a profit (at least for the KUL-DPS-KUL sector). They also have competition from Air Asia and MAS.

I feel the problem with Bali is that there is not enough demand in premium cabins to justify a direct non-stop service (especially an 11hr one from the Middle East), and cargo loads out of Bali are considerably lower than Surabaya or Jakarta. It therefore means Bali has to be served via a higher yielding destination nearby (i.e. BKK, SIN or KUL) in order to be profitable. KUL has competition from Air Asia. TG fly from BKK and bar a few days of the year, the flights are far from full. SQ and GA have a combined total of 4 daily from SIN, which doesn't leave much of a market for EK to exploit.

Other members have said that Emirates are going double-daily to Jakarta soon, so it seems their priority is concentrating on that market, therefore I doubt EK will go to Bali soon.

Qatara340

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Quoting B747-4U3 (Reply 2):
I believe the DOH-KUL-DPS service only runs 4 per week, and has traffic rights KUL-DPS-KUL on 3 flights per week. The aircraft is an A300.

QR runs the A332 and A333 on the DOH-KUL-DPS sector. Big grin Just a slight correction.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

B747-4U3

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 3):

QR runs the A332 and A333 on the DOH-KUL-DPS sector. Just a slight correction.

Yup, sorry!

Coal

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Maybe they can fly an 800-seater A380 between several points in Europe and DPS via DXB, what with all the tourists and all.

I'm sure a tag on to Aussie would work well too  tongue 

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

singaporegirl

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:16 am

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 3):

yes they've recently upgraded to a330s. http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=4037.

A friend of mine came to visit me in Bali using the Qatar flight.

b747-4u3, are you also a bali expat? my husband and i have been a part time resident of bali for over a year now and will be moving there fulltime next year, after i resign from sq. im really happy that bali is recovering nicely, they just passed their 1 million mark for foreign tourist arrivals recently. http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=4036.
Ladies & Gentlemen, we will now demonstrate the use of the safety equipment on this aircraft...

9MMAR

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:44 am

QR's A332s in KUL.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chaity
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © JKSC

B747-4U3

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:58 am

Quoting Singaporegirl (Reply 6):
b747-4u3, are you also a bali expat?

Nah, I lived in Malang, Jawa Timur until August. I'm now back in the UK. I was only an 8hr drive from Bali so I used to spend a lot of time there. Malang isn't a very interesting place to show to visiting friends or family.

Bali does seem to be doing very well at the moment. It seems everywhere I go to in the South of Bali they are building new condos and quite a few new hotels have opened over the past few years.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos