Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bongodog1964
Topic Author

BA Terraces LGW

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:32 am

We've just booked our 1st ever Club World tickets for a morning flight leaving from LGW. We've read on the Lounge information that "tasty snacks and treats" are on offer. Can anyone give us any better information regarding what these would be at 8 - 9 am

APYu

RE: BA Terraces LGW

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 am

In the morning there is 'hot' toast, small muffins, mini croissants and pastries etc. They have cereals, yoghurts and fruit too. Theres also a full bar and several hot drinks machines
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

SANFan

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:15 am

I know I'm just a stupid Yank, but can someone please explain how the thread title has anything to do with the actual question asked (and answered?)

I'm still trying to figure out if "terracing LGW" includes the runways and exactly why BA would want to do that...  scratchchin 

(May I assume that "Terraces" is perhaps the name of the lounge at LGW, famous for its tasty snacks?)

slightly confused across the Pond
bb

gq

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting SANFan (Reply 2):
can someone please explain how the thread title has anything to do with the actual question asked (and answered?)

Terraces is basically the name of the BA operated lounges across the globe (not only limited to LGW or the UK) similar to AA in the way the name their lounges Admiral Clubs, but soon the Terraces offerings will be a thing of the past as BA has plans to unveil a new lounge concept (with a new name I believe)

[Edited 2007-09-28 21:42:28]

SANFan

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:52 am

Thank you, GQ, for the explanation. When I saw the thread title, it just hit my funny bone and I couldn't help myself from posting my original reaction.

Come to think of it, I've even been in a lounge or 2 of BA's! (I can't remember if they actually opened one in SAN or not; or maybe just visitation rights to the Admiral's Club at Lindbergh...)

bb

APYu

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:31 am

Quoting SANFan (Reply 4):
but soon the Terraces offerings will be a thing of the past as BA has plans to unveil a new lounge concept (with a new name I believe)

They will be called Galleries
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

chrism23

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:41 am

i had the pleasure to experence the terraces lounge at t4 at LHR which was a pleasure. flying cattle class to JFK.

Bongodog1964
Topic Author

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:57 am

Quoting APYu (Reply 1):
In the morning there is 'hot' toast, small muffins, mini croissants and pastries etc. They have cereals, yoghurts and fruit too. Theres also a full bar and several hot drinks machines

Thanks for the answer; sounds good to me.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos