Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Orion737
Topic Author

BMIbaby Possible Fleet Renewal?

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:06 am

Those old 733s and 735s are looking rather worn out, both inside and out. One knows this is no indication of their safety or capability but passengers do draw conclusions, incorrectly so from these rather tired and tatty aircraft. Any danger of parent BMI ordering some newer 320s for their baby? After all with EZY with their new 319s and 737-7s and FR with 738s, WW has the oldest of any UK LCC fleet.

StarGoldLHR

RE: BMIbaby Possible Fleet Renewal?

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:16 am

Earlier this year BMI issued an RFP (Request for Proposal) for 28 new aircraft, which almost all speculation on this being BMI Baby replacement.
Favourites for this contract appears to be Embraer.

Given BMI's eventful year I would predict the future of bmi being:

All European routes (non-LHR) will become BMI baby. (Embraer)
All routes from LHR remain BMI (Airbus A320 series)
A cut back on UK / West European routes to around 2x daily (early AM and late PM) with the late AM / afternoon focusing on US / Middle East flights. (A330s).

BMI will most likely announce a tranche of new longer distance EU routes, as there going to have spare A320's with the BRU/AMS/MAN routes freeing up some aircraft + the 5 on order... think non-star alliance eastern europe and beyond.
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

Orion737
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:21 am

Embraer, even the 195 version will be a drop in capacity from the 148 seat 733s operated by WW on mediterranean routes though. Surprised at hearing this.

BrianDromey

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:49 am

I could see A319s joining WW, with the current A319 fleet moving to WW and the 28 or so other being used for both expansion and fleet renewal. The 144 seat layout of the BD 319s would suit WW quite well, and lower training costs for the group in general.

But its all quite complicated. Does bmi really need 3 seperate airlines operating within Europe? Would it make more sense to have current Baby routes operated by mainline (319/320) for 737-300 routes and by regional for the 735 (E195)size routes? The 'tiny' fares are already available on flybmi.com anyway and bmibaby could just be used as a commercial entity for the lowest fares.

Is there much of a cost difference between WW and Mainline/Regional?

I dont think that SMB will be ordering new aircraft for his baby until they have decided on a future direction for the carrier.

Brian.

Ryanair737

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:02 am

Quoting Orion737 (Thread starter):
WW has the oldest of any UK LCC fleet.

No they don't, that accolade goes to Jet2.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 3):
I could see A319s joining WW, with the current A319 fleet moving to WW and the 28 or so other being used for both expansion and fleet renewal. The 144 seat layout of the BD 319s would suit WW quite well, and lower training costs for the group in general.

This has been discussed so many times. It would be in-practical for WW to get Airbuses, the prime reason that the baby flight deck crew will all need Airbus type ratings which will cost the company or the pilots a hell of a lot more money in the long run. If anything I think they would be looking to get 737 NG's, if anything being the key word.
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC

BrianDromey

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:11 am

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 4):
It would be in-practical for WW to get Airbuses, the prime reason that the baby flight deck crew will all need Airbus type ratings which will cost the company or the pilots a hell of a lot more money in the long run.

Yet BD mianline have changed over, U2 have changed over, LH have changed, EI, TAP, Air Asia, Air NZ, and so on....that reason really does not hold much water. What might be an issue though, is WW pilots flying the same aircraftas mainline pilots. That of, course, depends on the differential between WW pilot renumeration and that at BD.

Brian.

LHRjc

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 4):
It would be in-practical for WW to get Airbuses, the prime reason that the baby flight deck crew will all need Airbus type ratings which will cost the company or the pilots a hell of a lot more money in the long run.

I know they are a bigger airline, but surely BA will have to do this too with the LGW based 737 flight crew as the 737 Classics get replaced with A320 series, so why not BMI ?
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."

Orion737
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 am

Still consideration must be given some year to the replacement of the old 733s and 735s. I agree the difference between economy on BMI and BMIbaby is hard to define now that BMI mainline has chosen to adopt the same on board product as baby and with no c class on most routes.

regional is a different product with a full on board service.

kaitak

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:23 am

Whatever they do, they need to do it quickly, as indeed does Jet2 - in most cases, pax don't notice the difference between one acft and another, BUT - as said above - they do notice a tatty aircraft AND it has to be said that Baby's dispatch reliability hasn't been great in recent weeks/months. On an (admittedly unscientific) random basis, I've noticed many of WW's flights here in JER running late.

A319s would be very welcome indeed. When is this order expected?

Ryanair737

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:24 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 5):
Yet BD mianline have changed over, U2 have changed over, LH have changed, EI, TAP, Air Asia, Air NZ, and so on....that reason really does not hold much water.

The reason does hold water, I'm not sure you are aware of the financial implications for an airline to switch all the flight deck crew from one aircraft to another let alone to change the aircraft type of the airline completely. Those airlines above are mainline carriers (except for Air Asia and U2), bmibaby are a relatively small LCC outfit which I assume has relatively small budget assigned to it compared to mainline bmi, thus the financial implications of switching all the fd crew to the Airbus will be both cost worthy and time consuming. It would be easier to integrate Embraers or 737 NG into bmibaby, this is a well known fact.

BrianDromey

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 9):
It would be easier to integrate Embraers or 737 NG into bmibaby, this is a well known fact.

It would be EASIER to incorporate 737NG in alright, but if they cant encorporate Airbusses (which the parent already operates, has training facilities for and cabin mock-ups) then there is certainly no chance of Embraer 195s, which only BE operate in the UK. Bear in mind that WW use contracted ground operations for most airports all of which would be more than able to deal with either 737/A32X the 195 might need a bit of work.

BMI might make some crazy decisions about on board products, fare rules and destinations, but I dont think they have quite reached the point where they want SAS look like a rational fleet planner.....the group as a whole does not have a huge fleet, so reducing the number of types woudl make sense, A320 and 737NG make absolutely no sense in such a small fleet.

Of course there is the opinion that Baby have hunted high and low for the last few 737s, and they are here to stay for quite some time. Personally I think the 737s are fine, new seat covers, possibly overhead bin extensions and a general scrubbing would be fine, IMHO.

Just my two cents.
Brian.

Orion737
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:37 am

Mainline BMI is basically the same level of service as baby, with differing crew uniforms one of the few differences. Whilever BMI was offering a full service product, I could see the sense in keeping baby a seperate entity to preserve the status of the mainline product but now?

Ryanair737

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:41 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 10):
Of course there is the opinion that Baby have hunted high and low for the last few 737s, and they are here to stay for quite some time. Personally I think the 737s are fine, new seat covers, possibly overhead bin extensions and a general scrubbing would be fine, IMHO.

Yeah I agree with that, it has been my argument all along - the current 737s is perfectly acceptable for the time being. A lot of their 733s are 1995+ builds anyway which makes them only 12 years old.

sevenair

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:09 am

I wonder what they will do. I always found ir funny having the old, gaz guzzlers on routes where they charge small fares, and they have the newer, fual efficient planes on the routes they charge more money on. Which is a good profit margin when it comes to BMI, but surely a fleet switch would balance out the books more - the money goes in the same pocket at the end of the day regarless of which BMI brand fly the aircraft.

aidoair

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 10):

I agree with you. On a recent flight from Manchester to Newquay with them on a ''newish'' 733 (G-TOYA) the aircraft had new blue seat covers overhead bin extensions and looked generally clean and in good condition and this was after it had returned from a Malaga flight...   On the return flight back to Manchester on an older 735 with older darker blue seat covers, original overhead lockers and dim yellow cabin lights you could really tell the difference that a little bit of sprucing up can do. Though for the short flights these aircraft operate on they are comfy enough and i think they do the job well, well they must do or so many other low cost carriers in the UK wouldn't still be finding them to buy and to lease. Despite baby having seen a quite a few delays over the summer i think the main reasons for some of them is because of missing slots at some of the larger airports they fly from and the turn around operation compared to some other airlines namely Ryanair seems to be a much slower and more relaxed process and if they could sort this out to help try and speed it up in some way I'm sure it could help them along to gettin a better OTP as you every minute counts when the aircraft is on the ground.

Aidoair  

[Edited 2007-10-01 19:30:32]

ba319-131

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 am

Quoting Orion737 (Thread starter):
WW has the oldest of any UK LCC fleet

- Hmm, I think Jet 2 win's that award.

I actually think the current WW fleet is just fine, when it comes to LCC's, people are more concerend with the price than how new their plane is.

In the long term, I expect 319's to replace the 737 fleet.

M
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

BMED

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:39 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 3):
Would it make more sense to have current Baby routes operated by mainline (319/320) for 737-300 routes and by regional for the 735 (E195)size routes? The 'tiny' fares are already available on flybmi.com anyway and bmibaby could just be used as a commercial entity for the lowest fares.

I always thought it was a bit strange when it turned out that bmibaby website offered the bmi mainline flights for sale and just redirected you to the relevant page. I hope however that they keep the regional product as I use that to fly down to MAN to see relatives and while it is only a short flight it brings back that sparkle to flying. Even if its only a free hot drink and snack it just feels that bit nicer.

If I looking at changing anything in the bmi group I would remove bmibaby and turn it all into mainline as after all 'midland' is part of the name and any domestic routes transfer over to regional apart from the LHR routes as they need the larger capacity then the wee ERJ offers in the fleet at the moment.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

Orion737
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:42 am

Regional is a decent product, dont know why BMI mainline cannot offer the same. I think dropping the on board service and switching to no frills now makes BMImainline virtually the same as BMIbaby from the passengers point of view.

jmc757

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:39 am

Quoting BA319-131 (Reply 15):
I actually think the current WW fleet is just fine, when it comes to LCC's, people are more concerend with the price than how new their plane is.

Indeed. And as a poster above said, from a passenger point of view, most of their aircraft are quite good, especially the recently added 733s which have had bin extensions and new seat covers, these aircraft are actually quite nice inside.

However, in my experience, bmibaby are woefully unreliable. And some of this surely is down to operating an old fleet? I personally think a lot of it must also come from very bad organisation, but the fleet must play its part. I have travelled with bmibaby twice in the last 12 months for weekend breaks. I endured 4 hours delay BHX-PRG, and 5 hours on the way home. BHX-BCN was another 2 hour delay in each direction. I have also travelled from BHX as a non bmibaby passenger on two other occasions in the last 6 months, and every time I have been there, bmibaby have had a good 4 or 5 flights running very much behind schedule, the only announcements heard in the BHX departure lounge seem to be "bmibaby regret to announce..." Last time I was there, they had combined GLA/EDI flights yet were still running 5 hours behind schedule, and the mood in the departure lounge was far from pretty.

I appreciate every airline has its moments, but it seems baby (at BHX at least) just can't cut it. Its a shame, I think they offer a good product, but from what I've seen of them recently, I've voted with my feet, I'm off to PRG again but going down the road to EMA with EZY, its costing me more, but I don't have faith in baby at the minute.

Humberside

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting StarGoldLHR (Reply 1):
All European routes (non-LHR) will become BMI baby. (Embraer)

Pasengers on Aberdeen-Esbjerg will love that

Theres a reason bmi still have regional - not everyone wants low cost and some business travellers want a with frills service
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

mhodgson

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting BA319-131 (Reply 15):
when it comes to LCC's, people are more concerend with the price than how new their plane is.

I'm not sure - a lot of my friends and relatives comment to me about how they percieve an airline to be - and however they view service and price, the actual 'look' of the airline seems to count quite highly in their opinions. People do actually seem to note things like cabin quality and cleanliness, even if they don't have a clue what sort of aircraft they were on!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

bennett123

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:23 am

I flew on G-BVZG and G-BVZI between BHX and AMS in August.

Apart from being a bit cramped they seem OK.

bennett123

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:37 am

They use B737-300 (148 seats) and B737-500 (131 seats).

If they need replacement then either a mixed fleet of B737-600 (132 seats) and B737-700 (149 seats). They could try Easyjet for the latter. Alternatively A319 (142 seats).

I see little advantage in lots of E195, (only 100 seats).

gilesdavies

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 am

Just an idea, but how about them buying all of easyJet's 737-700's when they get retired in about 2010...

I think easyJet has about 28-30 of these aircraft and would be the perfect number to replace the BMIBaby fleet, while offering 4-5 extra to what that have now for expansion. I bet BMIBaby could get them at a good price if they took the whole fleet off easyJet's hands in one go. These NG aircraft have been worked hard, but are only about 5yrs old and have many years left on the clock and would also save money over buying brand new aircraft.

Don't quote me on where I read this but I am sure I saw somewhere, that BMIBaby would always operate a different fleet to the BMI Mainline fleet. To avoid conflicts in pilot contracts, as both airlines have very different contractual arrangements.

I do agree with some of the above comments and think it makes more sense for them convert BMIBaby's fleet to A319/320's and this would then allow from a maintenance and operational side to have one fleet with both airlines. But I am sure there are pros and cons to both!

dougbr2006

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:17 am

Quoting Bennett123 (Reply 22):
I see little advantage in lots of E195, (only 100 seats).

Actually its 108 to 122 seats depending on config. See Embraer site for facts.

http://www.embraercommercialjets.com.../english/content/ejets/emb_195.asp

ZKOJH

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:59 pm

im off to ema shortly (1 hour) to start work, i'll have a few tea breaks so i'll find out.
Air New Zealand ~ dreams of flying

bmiA332

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Good Afternoon people,

My first time on A.Net, so please don't blast me. Regarding the whole baby fleet thing, Baby are currently in the process of taking on three 733's sometime next year. One will be coming from Air Vanuatu, one from Air One, and also another one from "somewhere" in China. I agree that Baby do need a fleet renewal, however the 733's are great little workhorses. Have only flown on Baby once, to AMS, got ZH + ZE. The 735's are being handed back at the moment to various lease companies, with ZH currently in Budapest @ Lufthansa on Handback. Have flown Regional once. A fantastic product, on a great little plane. The bmi fleet, have been outsourced MX wise in the last couple of years to IAI in Israel, AME in Tallinn, and they were pretty awful to be honest, apart from the 330's which have been to Lufthansa in Manilla. This programme, and possibly for the next 5 years see's them going down the Lufthansa route. I am for one, pretty chuffed about this. Have seen A/C in Lufthansa on check a number of times, and they are great at what they do, German efficiency and all that. Give Baby a year or so, and everthing should be getting a hell of a lot better.

Best Regards to you all,

Ryanair737

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:28 am

Quoting BmiA332 (Reply 26):
Regarding the whole baby fleet thing, Baby are currently in the process of taking on three 733's sometime next year. One will be coming from Air Vanuatu, one from Air One, and also another one from "somewhere" in China.

Has this been officially confirmed?

To be honest I can't see why people this thread are making such a deal about the current baby fleet, if they are getting more 733s then they are obviously here to stay for a quite a while to come. Case closed.

bennett123

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:54 am

If the B737-500 are being RTL, then it makes the E195 even more unlikely, even with 122 seats.

sandrozrh

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:23 am

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 27):

It's true that staying with the 737 would save them money in the short term. However, airlines have to think about long term solutions, and indeed switching over to Airbuses will save them money in the long term, and eventually, they'll save more money in the future by switching to one aircraft type. Also, if they order 737NGs, they'll have to get new tye ratings for their pilots, as a 737 classic typerated pilot cannot fly 737NGs with the same rating. They would have to acquite 737NG simulators or contract flight schools, so i really can't see your point here. It'd might save them a small amount of money, but they'd save a considerable higher amount of money in the future by switching to one type. Also, they'll serve a lot, and i mean a lot ot, of money in maintenance.

In a nutshell: Staying with two manufacturers would save them money, but merely over a very short period of time, switchign to one single manufacturer will be a continuing money safer.

So yes, wether you like it or not, switching to airbus in BMI/WW's case will save them more, wether you like it or not. Why do you think have we seen so many airlines go the same way?

Ryanair737

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:47 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 29):
Also, if they order 737NGs, they'll have to get new tye ratings for their pilots, as a 737 classic typerated pilot cannot fly 737NGs with the same rating.

Apparently all baby flight crew are already type-rated on both 737-300/400/500 and on 737NGs already.

kaitak

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:54 am

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 30):
Apparently all baby flight crew are already type-rated on both 737-300/400/500 and on 737NGs already.

I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if this were so; they are separate type ratings; so, why should an airline, particularly an LCC, pay for this conversion?

I like WW and fly them regularly, particularly on JER-MAN. However, I think that any LCC operating an older type facing increasing maintenance costs and the danger of aircraft becoming more and more reliable; that's why the likes of U2, BE and FR have invested in new aircraft. There is always the possibility of a new tax based on aircraft efficiency, which will work against the older types.

As for type ratings, that needn't necessarily be an obstacle; Airbus and Boeing will both assist WW if it choose their particular type.

Ryanair737

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:03 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 31):
I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if this were so; they are separate type ratings; so, why should an airline, particularly an LCC, pay for this conversion?

The airline doesn't pay it is the fd crew that pay, I think it is an extension of the 737 Classic lisence that apparently most/all bmibaby pilots do have. The extension does not allow them to fly 737 NG's without going on a differences course, however that is cheaper than getting a Airbus type rating!

It is funny on this board - it does not matter whatsoever what people say on this thread because at the end of the day they will decide what a/c type is appropriate for the job!! So many wannabe CEO's around its unbelivable.

[Edited 2007-10-02 20:05:13]

ZKOJH

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:55 am

'baby' is taking dilvery of at least one 737-300 next year The aircraft bearing serial number 27626, is scheduled to be handed over to the airline in May 2008 with a lease term of 5 years. (so think we will have them for a few years yet!!)

only bit of news i found really was that BD regional are looking at getting dash 8-400 to replace the e135/45's
Air New Zealand ~ dreams of flying

sandrozrh

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 am

I doubt it, why would they be? And where do you know this from?

Even if that's the case, they'd still save more money in the long run, it'd just take a little longer, so my point stands.

Boeing74741R

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:59 pm

and on 737NGs already.

Why would all of the crew who work for WW hold a type rating for an aircraft that they (or BD mainline) don't even have in the fleet? I imagine the only crew who would have type rating on the 737NG would be crew who would've worked for an airline that operate's 737NGs like U2, FR, XL, GSM, TOM.

As for long-term 733/735 replacement I can see the advantages of ordering either 737NG or A320 Family...

737NG
*Would be easier to get crew type rating from 737 Classics
*Capacity remains the same (assuming that a like for like swap on 733s for 73Gs and 735s for 736s)
*Reduced oeprating costs over current 737 Classic fleet

A320 Family
*Commonality with current BD fleet
*Crew can easily swtich between WW and BD
*Better performance over current 737 Classic fleet
*If BD ever wanted to merge WW back into mainline it would be easier to do so thanks to common fleet

In the long-term it could go either way, but I feel that an order for A320 Family aircraft would be the sensible option for WW. Just because WW are taking on more 733 aircraft doesn't necessarily mean they are committing to the type for years to come.

StarGoldLHR

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:01 pm

WW is hardly a major player in the budget stakes.
Given the increased cost of domestic flying in the last 121 months the market is shrinking.

Dont forget the old 737's are there for 1 reason alone.. they are tax write offs from BMI into a small cheap budget airline.

one of the reasons for changing equipment types is also cost...new crews and pilots are cheaper to hire than the older generation.

By changing equipment, you can make old expensive pilots redundant and hire new ones cheap.

So in a shrinking market it's cheaper and easier to fill small planes.. and cheaper to buy and gain higher revenue and profit.

The same cost/benefits dont apply if you buy a like for like replacement.

lets face it.. bmibaby is no ryanair.. nor is it really progressing
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

Boeing74741R

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:37 am

http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/bmi_baby.htm

This page states that the 737-500s are indeed up for disposal, but this is apparently pending on delivery of 7 737-300s. A 737-300 is indeed coming from Air One; EI-CSU is the one to be taken on by WW.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Giuliano Bidini

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 am

I've flown the Infant several times FAO EMA, EMA FAO, BHX BOD, BOD BHX FAO (faster connex via BHX than via LIS believe it or not) and always thought that it was well above average. However, what has been a pain with WW historically was their chopping and changing of routes, e.g. FAO CWL 5x week, then dropped, now back to 4x week, FAO EMA 7x week, dropped to 1x week, then FAO BHX appeared 4x week... wasn't Tony Davies some kind of closet Welsh nationalist or something? I seem to recall him going on about WW being the airline of Wales, and making cabin crew learn Welsh etc if they were working ex-CWL routes.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

MYT332

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:23 am

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 38):
seem to recall him going on about WW being the airline of Wales

Well they did have the Visit Wales logo jet for a while!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Wim Callaert - Brussels Aviation Photography

One Life, Live it.

Ryanair737

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:46 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 35):
Why would all of the crew who work for WW hold a type rating for an aircraft that they (or BD mainline) don't even have in the fleet? I imagine the only crew who would have type rating on the 737NG would be crew who would've worked for an airline that operate's 737NGs like U2, FR, XL, GSM, TOM.

With all due respect I know this information, whilst you don't and you probably never will. As soon as you are involved with these things then comment. I know this for a fact, so all you people on here its ridiculous if you’re trying say I'm lying.

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 35):
737NG
*Would be easier to get crew type rating from 737 Classics
*Capacity remains the same (assuming that a like for like swap on 733s for 73Gs and 735s for 736s)
*Reduced oeprating costs over current 737 Classic fleet

A320 Family
*Commonality with current BD fleet
*Crew can easily swtich between WW and BD
*Better performance over current 737 Classic fleet
*If BD ever wanted to merge WW back into mainline it would be easier to do so thanks to common fleet

What the hell do you know about type ratings?? Your just repeating what I've said on earlier posts in this thread and relaying it on a list like you know something. If you can't cut the mustard, you can lick the jar.

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 37):
This page states that the 737-500s are indeed up for disposal, but this is apparently pending on delivery of 7 737-300s.

It has been like that on Jethro's for about 3 years and not changed, why do you relate everything you post to Jethro's?

Do you show such a lack of knowledge that you need to resort to someone elses website and for that matter someone elses information on every post?

Boeing74741R

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Quoting Ryanair737 (Reply 40):
I know this for a fact, so all you people on here its ridiculous if you’re trying say I'm lying.

WTF?  Yeah sure

No one said you was lying. If you read all the other posts you will see that people just seem odd that an airline's crew hold a type rating for an aircraft that they don't have in the fleet unless they are going to introduce the type, and in WW's case there are no plans to bring in newer aircraft like the 737NG.

Do you have any proof that WW crew are type rated on the 737NG?

What the hell do you know about type ratings??

Do you expect anyone to take you seriously by saying stuff like that? Get real!

sandrozrh

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:06 pm

With all due respect I know this information, whilst you don't and you probably never will. As soon as you are involved with these things then comment. I know this for a fact, so all you people on here its ridiculous if you’re trying say I'm lying.

Where from?

What the hell do you know about type ratings??

what the hell do you know abotu them?

arrogant clown.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos