Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

carmenlu15
Topic Author

Central American Aviation Thread - 15!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:16 am

So the previous thread Central American Aviation Thread - 14 (by Carmenlu15 Aug 28 2007 in Civil Aviation) was locked and I didn't even notice...  grumpy  Guess we were too busy with the Latin American Idol fever here in Guate  Silly

Anyway, here comes Thread #15 (mejor que una fiesta de 15  Wink )

- Carmen

yellowtail

RE: Central American Aviation Thread - 15!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:21 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Thread starter):
didn't even notice...

I tried to warn you all....

Anyways...so KL is finally startign service to PTY!

luisca

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 am

And Air Caraibes will be flying SJO-PTY-FDF starting December 11th.

Also, a friend stated that Air Europa (UX) was flying once a weekly MAD-CCS-PTY-CCS-MAD is this true? a charter? what is going on? nothing on their website.

aer

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting CM767 (Reply 3):

Ok come on, some one fly to GUA, how about LH, or BA, or Virgin, or AF or... well you get the idea. I'm happy for PTY, but green with envy hahahah.

SJOtoLIR

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:25 am

Hello, all.
Related to new operations from Central America, TX Air Caraibes has already scheduled FDF Fort de France, Martinique - PTP Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe - PTY - SJO.
Altogether with TX, WG Sunwing Airlines from Canada and CA Air China may be soon in Central American bound.
I've just put further info in a specific thread: Air Caraïbes, Sunwing And A Surprise To SJO, 2008 (by Tomascubero Oct 2 2007 in Civil Aviation)

aer

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 am

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 5):
CA Air China may be soon in Central American bound.

If they fly it would be to SJO, as Costa Rica switched sides on the China issue, but it could well be a response to the announcements on Taiwan airlines wanting to serve either GUA for the first time or PTY again. Time will tell.

snaiks

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 am

Quoting CM767 (Reply 3):
The new KLM flight will be operated with Mc Donnell Douglas MD-11 equipment, offering a total of 294 seats; 24 in World Business Class and 270 in Economy Class.

It was about time we got the long haulers back to PTY, I remember when i was a kid this MD-11, great imporvements

Quoting Luisca (Reply 2):
And Air Caraibes will be flying SJO-PTY-FDF starting December 11th

and pardon my ignorance, where is FDF?

viaggiare

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:49 am

Quoting Snaiks (Reply 7):
where is FDF?

Aéroport de Fort-de-France - Le Lamentin is located in Martinique, an island in the eastern Caribbean. It is a French overseas territory. Currency: Euro. Languages: French (official), Antillean Creole.

[Edited 2007-10-03 21:52:37]

aer

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:11 am

Hi guys, just a quick question I'm creating a few Guatemalan airport pages in Wikipedia, but I was wondering, does anyone know the IATA code for San José airport (MGSJ)?

viaggiare

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:56 am

Quoting Aer (Reply 8):
IATA code for San José airport (MGSJ)?

MGSJ is a relatively new airport, so it doesn't have an IATA location identifier yet.

2travel2know

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Is Air Caraïbes going to offer immediate connections to/fr ORY at PTP/FDM for its announced SJO/PTY flights?
Does SJO still have room for yet another aircraft spending the night overthere?

SJOtoLIR

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:44 pm

October 5th.
A new flight starts today in Central America.

MX 383............MEX 06:40..................GUA 07:40
MX 383............GUA 08:30..................SJO 10:05
MX 383............SJO 10:55...................PTY 13:15

MX 382............PTY 14:05...................SJO 14:15
MX 382............SJO 15:05...................GUA 16:35
MX 382............GUA 17:25..................MEX 20:20
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with 319.

Quoting Aer (Reply 3):
some one fly to GUA, how about LH, or BA, or Virgin, or AF or... well you get the idea.

Aer: Keep us posting about the pages in Wiki. Good luck !
Related to Latin America both LH and BA have limited presence and VS Virgin Atlantic solely in HAV.
Perhaps Star Alliance would put interline services in Central America to feed either MEX-FRA or CCS-FRA with LH.
Oneworld group by means of IB looks well positioned in Latin America on the way to Europe. Also, AA makes operations from MIA to Central America on behalf of BA to load BA MIA-LHR.
Sky Team is aiming for KL PTY-AMS and CM PTY-MAD for 2008. CM would feed this flights from the rest of the isthmus. I stand doubtful about any AF operations in the region including SJO-CDG.
TX flights from Central America fits perfectly to allow traffic to/from ORY.
Regards.

AM744

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:27 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 11):
October 5th.
A new flight starts today in Central America.

MX 383............MEX 06:40..................GUA 07:40
MX 383............GUA 08:30..................SJO 10:05
MX 383............SJO 10:55...................PTY 13:15

MX 382............PTY 14:05...................SJO 14:15
MX 382............SJO 15:05...................GUA 16:35
MX 382............GUA 17:25..................MEX 20:20
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with 319.

What's the logic behind this flight? Are there 5ht freedom rights involved? Do you think this flight will work? Also, I'll ask again, just for the record. How is AM doing at GUA, SAP and MGA?

aer

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 11):
Aer: Keep us posting about the pages in Wiki. Good luck !

hehehe, well already finished the pages for PBR (Puerto Barrios), AAZ (Quetzaltenango), and Puerto San José (MGSJ), so everyone is invited to add, subtract, multiply, and divide (don't know if you could do percentages and roots there) to the articles.

Quoting AM744 (Reply 12):
What's the logic behind this flight? Are there 5ht freedom rights involved?

Guatemala grants freedoms 1 - 5 to all carriers. 6th, 7th, and 8th have to be requested and all. So I guess that's why carriers might like to do triangulars through GUA.

Quoting AM744 (Reply 12):
How is AM doing at GUA, SAP and MGA?

Not good, the flights got downgraded to a MD87 and yesterday I looked for some info on a flight to MEX with them and didn't see SAP one, so who knows. IMO AM should change it's flight to GUA and make it non-stop.

TACAA320

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:03 am

TA will initiate the new route SAL/OAK/SAL on 11/17.

juanchito

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:36 am

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 7):

LR630 (SJO-MEX) has experienced several outrageous delays (upwards of 8 hours sometimes) over the course of the last thirty days.

This being a through flight, the unfortunate pax originating in CCS must fritter away time 'til 3 o'clock in the morning at a permanently under-construction terminal with virtually no amenities.

Well Viaggiare, I lost my conection to GUA today and I am at Costa Rica. Taca staff in CCS told us that the problem is with "Guardia Nacional in Venezuela" and that every airline have this difficult. The problem is that they are processing every single luggage on X-Ray machines and that is taking too long.

Juanchito

viaggiare

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:41 am

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 15):
I lost my conection to GUA today

Sorry to hear that my friend, but you had been warned.

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 15):
Taca staff in CCS told us that the problem is with "Guardia Nacional in Venezuela"

Their staff appears to have been trained extensively in the art of putting their vast repertoire of excuses to good use. And although weather is by far their favorite one, passing the blame on to those inconsiderate and insensitive venezuelan cops appears to be far more creative and appropriate for this particular scenario. It really doesn't matter which one they ultimately go with, as long as the airline is off the hook.

And so my hallucination is that -based on the exclusions of their contract of carriage- you were offered no compensation of any kind. You're stuck in a place with very limited amenities, and $6 ham-and-cheese sánguches for the night. I'm sure you're grateful for the free wireless internet access across the entire departure lounge area, however.

Cheers!

rootsair

Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:55 am

hi my fellow Costa Rican a.netters.
I have read that the TLC has been approved by the referendum,

Could anyone tell me what effects this will have aviationwise?

Thanks
Regards
 airplane  wave 

yellowtail

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Posted this in another thread..but might be of interest here too..

The following sounds a bit farfetched to me...my source is close to the situation so maybe ...not holding my breath though !

British Forces here (BZE) have been told that soon BA will start 2X weekly service to BZE. it will involve as a contract with the UK Gov to haul Brit Forces back and forth + Cargo....which currently is a bi-weekly VC10...

the 788 would be perfect

If you think about it..makes sense...BA can probably do it cheaper....and with the flight basically paid for with squaddies and packs of english sausages and mail underneath..the ancillary UK traffic which is about 250 pax a week (currently going through IAH and MIA) would be some nice gravy....

And with IB, KLM, AF fortifying / building other Cent/Am markets....might be a good toe hold for BA...especailly if they could code share with TA on the SAL flight....as the TA flight is timed pretty well to make it work...

viaggiare

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Quoting RootsAir (Reply 17):
hi my fellow Costa Rican a.netters.

Hi there, Braulio. It's good to have our thread founder back!

I have read that the TLC has been approved by the referendum.

Keep in mind that the CAFTA implementation agenda (the set of thirteen laws which would allow the "TLC" to go into effect in Costa Rica) will have a tough time crawling through the Asamblea Legislativa. The Partido Acción Ciudadana people have assured the rest of us that they will do all they can to block this legislation. They would no doubt be making a mockery of the electorate, and ignoring yesterday's mandate. I mean, what part of Vox populi, vox Dei (la voz del pueblo es la voz de Dios) don't they understand?

Could anyone tell me what effects this will have aviationwise?

Well, at the very least we should expect to see business traffic increase exponentially, that's both intra-regional (which in this context includes the Dominican Republic) and to/from the good ol' U.S. of A. as the region's main (even more so now) trading partner.

viaggiare

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:26 pm

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 18):
it will involve as a contract with the UK Gov to haul Brit Forces back and forth + Cargo

So would this not be a regularly scheduled, bookable commercial flight then? How many british troops are currently stationed in Belize?

yellowtail

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 20):
So would this not be a regularly scheduled, bookable commercial flight then? How many british troops are currently stationed in Belize?

Yes regularly scheduled & bookable......guess it might work like the AA RDU-LGW flight....

How many troops is a difficult question....permanently based is probably a couple hundred...but serveral hundred extra are here at any one time doing jungle training.....I belive they work on one month staggerd rotations.

And I can tell you this....the VC10 are weight limited (even though they stop in DC)...so they bring in C-130s loaded to the gills with everything from helicopters to cans of Fosters and Guiness....so there is no shortage of Cargo.

There is also quite a market for english goods being that this is a former colony and there are lots of ex-pats.....stuff like Marmite and Mincemeat for your Mince Pies sells really well
 Smile

As I said ..until the first 763 or 788 lands...I won't believe it...but it could work

viaggiare

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:55 pm

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 21):
There is also quite a market for english goods being that this is a former colony and there are lots of ex-pats.....stuff like Marmite and Mincemeat for your Mince Pies sells really well

Just out of curiosity, are Jamaican patties big sellers there also? I understand they're quite popular in England.

yellowtail

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 22):
Just out of curiosity, are Jamaican patties big sellers there also? I understand they're quite popular in England.

Yes...as a matter of fact....the big pattie maker from Jamaica jsut set up shop here..

SJOtoLIR

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm

BA will start 2X weekly service to BZE

Very interesting quote !
BA operates regular services to some former British colonies in the continent as well as some of their overseas territories: BDA Bermuda, NAS Nassau, ANU Antigua, BGI Barbados, GND Grenada, SLU Saint Lucia, POS Port of Spain-Trinidad & Tobago, KIN Kingston-Jamaica, GCM Grand Cayman and PLS Provodenciales-Turks and Caicos.
With respect to BA, its limited presence in the Latin America network includes MEX, GIG, GRU and EZE using their own airplanes on regular itineraries.
BA has participation in Central America due the understanding within OneWorld Group given by both AA and BA as full members of the alliance.
The long-hauls MIA-LHR and DFW-LGW are currently feeding for some AA flights in the region such as: MIA-GUA, MIA-BZE, MIA-SAL, MIA-MGA, MIA-SJO, MIA-PTY and DFW-SJO. That being said, AA makes flights on behalf of BA in these routes.

aer

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:37 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 24):
BA will start 2X weekly service to BZE

Cool now we only need a connecting flight from BZE-GUA

viaggiare

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:01 pm

There are now a total of ten airports in Guatemala, correct? Is MGSJ (pics and other goodies here) going to be the new alternate for GUA, or is it the one in Xela? Weather diversions these days are routinely handled by SAL, are they not?

aer

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 pm

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 26):
There are now a total of ten airports in Guatemala, correct?

Well no idea on that, the big projects are GUA, FRS, AAZ (Xela), PBR (Puerto Barrios), MGSJ (San Jose, no IATA code yet). On the supposed side is San Marcos (San Marcos Department), so here you have 6 then.

Is MGSJ (pics and other goodies here) going to be the new alternate for GUA, or is it the one in Xela?

Correct, when the airport is done MGSJ will be the official GUA alternate.

Weather diversions these days are routinely handled by SAL, are they not?

Right now, any airport is an alternate; nationally FRS is the designated one, but SAL is the one commonly used.

aer

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:08 pm

(pics and other goodies here)

I forgot, on these pictures the airport will look like FRS with out its remodeling. To which BTW any one know the status of FRS?

viaggiare

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Quoting Aer (Reply 27):
the big projects are GUA, FRS, AAZ (Xela), PBR (Puerto Barrios), MGSJ (San Jose, no IATA code yet). On the supposed side is San Marcos (San Marcos Department), so here you have 6 then.

What about Huehuetenango and Retalhuleu?

Perhaps it's because I'm so fond of your beautiful country, but it would be so nice to see the folks at the Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil come up with plans for a future airport development in north-central Izabal department, in order to service the Río Dulce-Livingston "polo turístico" more conveniently.

aer

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:12 pm

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 29):
What about Huehuetenango and Retalhuleu?

Yep you're right HUG (Huehue) and RER (Reu) will be refurbished too.

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 29):
plans for a future airport development in north-central Izabal department, in order to service the Río Dulce-Livingston "polo turístico" more conveniently.

Well PBR will become international, so the plan is for it to serve Izabal and the surrounding departments like Alta Verapaz, Zacapa, Chiquimula, etc. so people don't have to travel all the way to Guatemala City.

The full plan, IMO is to have all the country served by one of these airports, wether it be domestic or international. Internationally GUA to serve the central part, PBR to serve the north east, AAZ to serve the north west, MGSJ to serve the south, and FRS to serve Peten.

Domestically: RER and San Marcos to serve the south west and HUG to serve the north west.

The south eastern part of the country is close to Guatemala City.

viaggiare

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Quoting Aer (Reply 30):
HUG (Huehue) and RER (Reu) will be refurbished too.

So that brings the number of airports nationwide to eight instead of ten. Thanks for straightening that one out.

Here plans are to further fix up LIO (just southeast of Puerto Limón) in the Caribbean coast, and to build a new airport near the Osa peninsula en lo que ahora son las fincas 9 y 10, ubicadas en una llanura entre los distritos de Sierpe y Palmar, which is expected to be operational by 2010, initially with an 1800x30 runway, enough to accomodate the fleet types used by both 5C and RZ. It would eventually be lengthened to 2900 meters, although there is talk of 3500x60 dimensions at some point in the future.

[Edited 2007-10-10 13:14:44]

viaggiare

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:42 pm

While the obnoxious (and deceitful) practice of concealing hidden extras behind "cheap" fare offers is widespread throughout the airline industry these days, Copa seems to be really pushing it...

SJO-LAX-SJO on CM: US$229.00 (as advertised via email) becomes US$437.42 (whoa! 91% increase!)

By comparison, CO adds only 19% worth of hidden extras (US$451.00 advertised vs. US$534.50 actual) to the cost of a similar itinerary.

I don't know about other jurisdictions, but according to Costa Rican law (Ley de Promoción de la Competencia y Defensa Efectiva del Consumidor No. 7472 de 20 de diciembre de 1994), advertised prices must include -without exception- all applicable taxes and surcharges.

TACAA320

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:56 am

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 32):
SJO-LAX-SJO on CM: US$229.00 (as advertised via email) becomes US$437.42 (whoa! 91% increase!)

With TA same route, tax included except the airport one:

de San José a Los Angeles

Vuelo 1 viernes, 19 de octubre 2007

Salida: 18:15 San José, Costa Rica - Juan Santamaria International
Llegada: 23:20 Los Angeles, Estados Unidos - Los Angeles International, terminal B
Línea aérea: Lacsa LR604 e
Avión: Airbus Industrie A319
Operado por otra línea aérea
Tipo de tarifa: Económica con restricciones

de Los Angeles a San José

Vuelo 1 viernes, 26 de octubre 2007

Salida: 01:35 Los Angeles, Estados Unidos - Los Angeles International, terminal 2
Llegada: 07:35 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International
Línea aérea: Taca Intl Airlines TA521 e
Avión: Airbus Industrie A321
Operado por otra línea aérea

Se requiere cambio de avión. Tiempo entre vuelos = 1:05

Vuelo 2 viernes, 26 de octubre 2007

Salida: 08:40 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International
Llegada: 09:55 San José, Costa Rica - Juan Santamaria International
Línea aérea: Taca Intl Airlines TA7671 e
Avión: Airbus Industrie A321
Operado por Lacsa

Leyenda:
e = opción de billete electrónico
USD = Dólares Americanos

precio
viajeros vuelos tasas
1 adulto(s) x (121,00 + 66,47) = 187,47 USD
total para todos los viajeros 187,47 USD
condiciones de compra
información de la base de tarifa

viaggiare

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:23 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 33):
1 adulto(s) x (121,00 + 66,47) = 187,47 USD

Amazing. Who knew! Guess I'm gonna go find my dusty Distancia card and keep that $250 price difference where it belongs... in my pocket. Thanks!

TACAA320

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:49 am

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 34):
Thanks!

You're welcome!
That's really cheap.

[Edited 2007-10-10 20:51:21]

SJOtoLIR

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Quoting Aer (Reply 27):
AAZ (Xela), PBR (Puerto Barrios), MGSJ (San Jose, no IATA code yet). On the supposed side is San Marcos (San Marcos Department

Is there any local airline offering regular schedules to these destinations from GUA?
Speaking about regional services besides TACA Regional, it would be noted the presence of MW Maya Island Air and PM Tropic Air linking Belize - Guatemala - Honduras using small propeller aircrafts.

Quoting Viaggiare (Reply 31):
to build a new airport near the Osa peninsula

It would be expected that this zone particularly grows in long-term as a leisure destination likely following a resemblance with Liberia area. Paralleling with the plan of the eventual new airport an important project would be materialize by means of the construction of Diquis Hydroelectric Project, ex-Boruca. It would hopefully initiate power generation onward 2016.
Related strictly to aviation, nowadays in the surroundings some regional airfields are placed such as GLF Golfito, DRK Drake Bay, PMZ Palmar Sur, PJM Puerto Jimenez and any others.
With respect to Panama, I wonder if DAV would be developed much more in the future. DAV has a runway which length is roughly 6800 feet long. It's longer than TGU.
For the meantime, the new Air Panama is supplying international services: SJO-DAV-PAC. It runs three times a week.

luisca

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

More bad news for CM, the panamanian AAC will revert the back to the old crew rest requirements and duty time limits next year. Panama had taken a new position that allowed up to 16 hours of duty time with a max of eleven hours rest and hours, not days of rest. The new rule addopted in april was based on an FAA proposal called Mcar designed for unregulated african countries.

The Panamanaian pilots union SIPAC (Sindicato the profecionales de la aviacion civil) has succesfully lobied for the return to the traditional 8 hour flight time limit with double the flight hours rest time.

This new rule will mean a huge pressure for CM to hire more pilots; coupled with the ongoing negotiation for pay increase for pilots.

Link:

http://www.prensa.com/hoy/panorama/1141396.html

luisca

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 36):
With respect to Panama, I wonder if DAV would be developed much more in the future. DAV has a runway which length is roughly 6800 feet long. It's longer than TGU.

DAV is getting a runway extension as well as an increase in apron space. According to AAC DAV will be receiving 737 service to MIA next year. The airport is receiving an expansion in its customs and passenger lobbies as well.

Panama is trying to develop DAV into their own version of Liberia (LIR), DAV would serve the entire David-Boquete-Volcan-Bocas region; one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in Panama.

Also PAC is getting a new passenger terminal.

2travel2know

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:30 pm

DAV will eventually have a major face-lift. Don't know if CM will ever return there and if they do, how.

Quoting Luisca (Reply 37):
This new rule will mean a huge pressure for CM to hire more pilots; coupled with the ongoing negotiation for pay increase for pilots.

Agree. And Panamá can't train CM pilots as fast as CM needs them.

aer

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:25 pm

Is there any local airline offering regular schedules to these destinations from GUA?

Remember there is no local airline (as usual, the remanents of GU don't count). Ok after that little nationalistic spot Big grin, as of now there is no airline at all; we only get close with the national airlines that fly to FRS like TAG (Transportes Aereos Guatemaltecos).

Speaking about regional services besides TACA Regional, it would be noted the presence of MW Maya Island Air and PM Tropic Air linking Belize - Guatemala - Honduras using small propeller aircrafts.

Well on MW and PM, FRS is their only international destination, their props are very nice sight at FRS.

pzurita1

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Aer,

Did not find your entries about Guatemalan airports... Only La Aurora and Tikal airports. Are they in Spanish or English?
Thanks

pZ

aer

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Quoting Pzurita1 (Reply 42):
Did not find your entries about Guatemalan airports... Only La Aurora and Tikal airports. Are they in Spanish or English?

hehehe minor detail, I posted them in the English side.

carmenlu15
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:30 pm

There's an interesting article about the current works at GUA in today's newspaper: http://www.sigloxxi.com/index.php?link=noticias¬iciaid=14965

On totally unrelated news, my fellow chapines might find this interesting... the Guatemalan Air Force is selling tickets for a raffle, the winner of the prize will be taken on an acrobatic flight in one of these beauties:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Carlos Alberto Rubio Herrera

If anyone is interested, drop me a line, we're selling tickets here at the office Big grin

2travel2know

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:20 pm

CM to codeshare KL AMS-PTY-AMS flights - In English, from CM's website. I would expect that KL will codeshare on CM SJO, MGA, SAL (!), GUA, CLO, MDE and BOG flights too.

mt99

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 45):
CM to codeshare KL AMS-PTY-AMS flights - In English, from CM's website. I would expect that KL will codeshare on CM SJO, MGA, SAL (!), GUA, CLO, MDE and BOG flights too.

Just as i expected. I would also expect the famed PTY-Europe flight on CM to be placed on the back-burner for a while. Then again - i have been wrong before. (once or twice  Wink)

SJOtoLIR

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:20 pm

It would be expected that this zone particularly grows in long-term as a leisure destination likely following a resemblance with Liberia area

Other Central American destination for mostly leisure traffic is RTB sustaining weekend schedules to ATL, IAH and MIA.
In a different topic, local newspapers stated on October 11th that LIR would develop a new ticketing building considering departure lounges as well as jet bridges.
Some pre-qualified entities have been involved with similar works at IAH, YUL, SAP, TGU, LCE, RTB, SCL and VAP Valparaiso, Chile.

Quoting Aer (Reply 40):
Well on MW and PM, FRS is their only international destination

OK, they really have limited operations in Guatemala. A similar case occurs with MW in Honduras being SAP its sole destination.
The regional 5C Nature Air is basically domestic in Costa Rica excepting BOC Bocas del Toro.
According to its website, they dropped Granada, Nicaragua.

Quoting Luisca (Reply 2):
Air Europa (UX) was flying once a weekly MAD-CCS-PTY-CCS-MAD is this true?

I'm not aware about the current status.
UX had considered dedicated operations to PTY a while back, but that was before both UX and CM joined to Sky Team as associate members.
Check the following link that includes detailed info about the issue.
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/404191.html
It should be taken into account the possibility of CM PTY-MAD next year.

aer

Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:15 pm

Guys it looks like AM is leaving GUA, is this true? They took of GUA out of their page.

Any confirmation?

SJOtoLIR

Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 45):
I would expect that KL will codeshare on CM SJO, MGA, SAL (!), GUA, CLO, MDE and BOG flights too.

I totally agreed with the Central American destinations served by CM.
Those Sky Team passengers from BOG to Europe and other places on AF/KL network can take easier the daily AF BOG-CDG-rest of KL/AF network than the thrice weekly BOG-PTY-AMS-rest of AF/KL network.
Most of the flights linking PTY-Colombia are served by P5 regarding the CM schedules. I'm not completely sure if these routes are really covered in the new understanding CM-KL.
On the other hand, AV code-shares extensively with DL in Colombia. Sky Team is offering daily (CLO-MDE)-Europe through the USA by means of (AV-DL)-CO-AF.

Quoting Aer (Reply 48):
Guys it looks like AM is leaving GUA, is this true? They took of GUA out of their page.

However, SAP and MGA are even displayed on.
GUA-MEX is supplying 7x weekly on TA and 17x weekly on MX. It seems too much frequencies as compared with AM service in GUA.

Regards.  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos