SCUMBAG
Topic Author

Having A "Crush" On Pretty FA's

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:41 am

My question is this, and I know it won't apply to all, but how often does some hardworking FA who just happens to be a beauty, encounter some love starved guy who suddenly at FL 350 falls in love? How does a woman keep the pax happy but keep a professional distance? Is it a common problem for these ladies, and has it ever gotten out of hand... I was on a JAL flight and noticed a fellow pax in F/C doing his best to keep this very young and exceptionally fine looking FA talking to, serving, and attending to his needs alone. She did manage to escape for awhile and the purser took over, but this guy was getting deep into the booze and becoming more of an ass than a premium client. He was told later that she had gone to her rest area and her shift was over, he wanted to get her name and address and the purser said that was not allowed under JAL rules.

redflyer

RE: Having A "Crush" On Pretty FA's

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting SCUMBAG (Thread starter):
but how often does some hardworking FA who just happens to be a beauty, encounter some love starved guy who suddenly at FL 350 falls in love?

I'd say it happens about as often as one encounters a FA who is a beauty...which in the current airline environment is very rare.  Wink

(Unless one flies CX or SQ!)
A government big enough to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right is a government big enough to take away any guaranteed right. A government big enough to give you everything you need is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

CALMSP

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:05 am

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 1):

I second ya...........although I must say, with all our recent hirings here at CO, we are starting to see some nice mid 20's FA's!!!

planespotting

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14 am

I'd say it happens about as often as one encounters a FA who is a beauty...which in the current airline environment is very rare.

Quoting CALMSP (Reply 2):
I second ya...........although I must say, with all our recent hirings here at CO, we are starting to see some nice mid 20's FA's!!!

I've seen some good looking female flight attendants on United in recent flights, but you have a much better chance of finding a really hot F/A on an RJ flight. Hottest flight attendants i've ever encountered were on Lufthansa.

I embarrassed myself by trying to speak passable german.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

cygnuschicago

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

Oddly enough, the only FA I know on a personal level - or rather she is a former FA - complains that in five years of flying not one guy hit on her. (And yes, she is hot!). That said, she flew domestic for AA, and I guess here most men are scared of getting slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit if they so much as look at a woman...
If you cannot do the math, your opinion means squat!

n710ps

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:30 am

Fly Southwest. My current lady is a WN F/A and gawwwwwwwd damn! Some of the people she works with make me want to cheat too lol. It depends on the carrier. Not all regionals in the US have hotties. My company is not chock full of them by a long shot. That is for sure.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

apodino

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:39 am

Quoting N710PS (Reply 5):
Fly Southwest. My current lady is a WN F/A and gawwwwwwwd damn! Some of the people she works with make me want to cheat too lol. It depends on the carrier. Not all regionals in the US have hotties. My company is not chock full of them by a long shot. That is for sure.

I will second that. That being said, there are a few pilots I could think who are real cute at our company. I think I like the pilots better than the F/A's.

As for Flight Attendants, SkyWest has some real cute ones on the 70 seat side. Pinnacle has a few cute ones as well.

[Edited 2007-10-03 02:40:54]

ikramerica

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 am

Which routes would they be on most. I have been meaning to do some traveling. And would they be more likely to be in Y or F? Just wondering...  Wink
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

freshlove1

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 am

Ah you may be a few years to late. If you do indeed fly for PSA back in the Dornier-328 days the hot F/A's were all over the place. Not sure how many of them went to the RJ once PSA started getting them. I do remember from some that I knew real well that they were in it just to see some different places and then they were getting out so it sounds like many of them may be long gone.

kiwiinoz

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 am

Virgin Blue in Australia

Lot of very attractive people

And believe me, they are true party animals. Anything goes with that lot!!

TSS

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 am

Fly Southwest.

Agreed. The one female FA I've met that was both quite attractive AND anything more than "professionally" friendly (i.e. she carried on an extended conversation with me not related to my drink order) was a Southwest FA.

All the other young and/or attractive female FAs I've met seemed to display a "head-'em-off-at-the-pass" attitude.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Tornado82

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:03 am

ExpressJet has a few cuties that are more than willing to chat it up (they'll initiate even) if you're in 1A of the ERJ... but they have far more 50 year old hags... most of whom are still nice however.

And Colgan Air's only redeeming quality is the looks of their flight attendants.

jbernie

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:07 am

Former Prime Minister of Australia Paul Keating is(was?) married to an FA, Annita whom he met on a european flight well before he was PM though. Potentiall just working for the unions as opposed to the Labor Party back then.

Like everything else, it is always possible, people meet their spouses in all sorts of wierd and wonderful ways, some ways just get more media coverage than others.

As to this one, the FA probably got a good deal, if the guy behaves like this then she can be pretty sure he has been like that a while and he wont change much.

seabosdca

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:09 am

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 11):
if you're in 1A of the ERJ...

Of course, I sit in 1A all the time, and, of course, the only ERJ I fly on are those of American Eagle.

Sigh...  zzz 

jamesjimlb

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 am

good i flew to seattle and got an old angry, mean man, i tried to use the restroom before we pushedback and the cockpit door was open blocking the restroom, but i could clearly see a stopper infront of it but i was not sure if i should lift it up just to go to the restroom, so i asked the F/A and he says, look!, you just lift it up, your a big boy you should of figured thst out. but he was actually a nice guy.

now onto hot F/A, well, i have not encountered one yet, and at my age hitting on one would just be odd.
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

chase

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 am

I remember that many of 9W's CSRs at BOM were very good-looking...

XJetflyer

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 am

I had brought this up here before in a similar way, but discussing the FA's hitting on me. Of course that was pulled from here because it was silly, just like this posting is...

NG1Fan

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:15 am

I recall this hottie in LH, NRT-FRA in 2000 or 2001.

Another supermodel FA was on an SU flight SVO-Yekaterinburg on a Tu134. While those aircraft are not as small as a CRJ, this long-legged beauty had to stoop.... In complete contrast to her colleague who looked like the lady in the film "Who threw Momma off the Train".

In all seriousness, my mother-in-law is a senior lecturer at a flight attendants' college in Moscow (after 25 years in vip aviation in the USSR and Russia). She counsels some of her more wide-eyed (female students) that in all her career, she'd only seen one case of passenger marrying FA and staying together.

NG1Fan

comorin

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:30 pm

Being attracted to other is a total waste of time and quite irrational. I am only interested in people who are attracted to me.

When will you carbon-based types ever get with it?

Yellowstone

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 am

Gene Cernan, the last man on the moon, met his future wife while she was an FA. They didn't actually meet on a flight, though; she was in front of him in line at the airport checking in for a non-rev flight or something.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

mandala499

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:41 am

How often? Over here, it's too often.
How to keep a pax happy? She just says she's taken. And not give their contact details away. If the pax insist, threaten back with harrassment or obstruction to carry out duties or the company regulations forbid relationship solicitations (and here, it is said so in the manual)
Has it ever gotten out of hand? Yes.
There has been girls here who, if the guy insists to get to know them, put on a biohazard gear and turn the guy into a goldmine for a few weeks (he got the message in the end)... LOL

Cygnus,
Too hot can mean the pax thinks she's taken or they're not worthy for her! LOL.
---

Stop looking at them as F/As and they might give you a chance! LOL
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

therock401

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:45 am

I was on NW171 flying MSP-SEA back in mid-June, and the FA working the back part of the plane was a beauty! Taller, curly blonde hair, and was actually wearing what resembled a full FA uniform, instead of the drab-gray sweaters that many NW female FAs wear. During approach and landing, she sat in the jumpseat across from my bulkhead seat in row 40-something (knowledge of a 753 would come in handy here), and we talked quite a bit during that approach.

Can any of the other MSP-SEA frequent flyers corroborate my sighting?

thesandbender

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:43 am

As someone mentioned. Don't forget the pilots. I saw a CO pilot in EWR a few weeks ago that had just about every man that walked past her slack jawed.

[Edited 2007-10-03 23:44:40]

usair330

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:13 am

Nothing like working the ramp for WN. I see more than just 1 beautiful flight attendant every shift. Also there are some beautiful female First Officer's.

BA

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:25 am

There was a beautiful F/A on my MEA flight last year from BEY to LHR.

In general, MEA's F/A's are very beautiful and quite young (in their 20's), but this one in particular was just astonishingly gorgeous.

I sometimes kind of wish I said something, but then again, it would have been odd and unprofessional...
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

airkas1

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:16 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 7):

Which routes would they be on most. I have been meaning to do some traveling. And would they be more likely to be in Y or F? Just wondering...

New Flairport anyone?  Wink

COEI2007

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:36 am

Quoting SCUMBAG (Thread starter):
My question is this, and I know it won't apply to all, but how often does some hardworking FA who just happens to be a beauty, encounter some love starved guy who suddenly at FL 350 falls in love? How does a woman keep the pax happy but keep a professional distance?

I'd say it happens about as often as one encounters a FA who is a beauty...which in the current airline environment is very rare

Doesnt just happen to women!

(Unless one flies CX or SQ!)

....or EI!

Delta11

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I would have to say the Flight Crew on Delta's Germany flights are , 100% a 10 Plus. Beyond looks, they are well educated and very proper. The speakers on these routes are great. But overall I agree German F/A's , better said Cabin Crews are the best no matter what airline.

letsgetwet

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:41 pm

I have heard my daughter, (28, been a f/a 8years) complain about female passengers giviing her attitudes because she is pretty. One of them came right out and told her that she "knows that you only got hired because you are young and pretty"

ogre727

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 pm

From a gay perspective, male flight attendants in general (I am so getting flamed for this) are below average. Vueling is an exception, but not too great either.
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

floridaflyboy

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 pm

ExpressJet has a few cuties that are more than willing to chat it up (they'll initiate even)

Yeah, the regionals seem to be a better place to look. SkyWest has some VERY good looking ones too.
Good goes around!

ANother

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 3):
Hottest flight attendants i've ever encountered were on Lufthansa.

Quoting NG1Fan (Reply 18):
She counsels some of her more wide-eyed (female students) that in all her career, she'd only seen one case of passenger marrying FA and staying together.

One of my best buddies married a LH FA (a real cutie). He was commuting to FRA and she often worked the early morning flight there. Apparently love at first site, for both of them.

15 years later ... 3 kids, and they are still together in N. California!

Corsair1107

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:21 pm

I had a stunning FA on Icelandair once. She made my whole flight.
Flown on: DHC-6/8, F100, B1900C, 717, 727, 737, 757, 767, 777, 319, 320, C152/172, E135/145, DC-9, MD-83/88 CL600

COFreqFlyer

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:32 pm

ExpressJet has a few cuties [...] if you're in 1A of the ERJ

I used to be able to book that seat in advance, but now they're holding it or something, so I'm having to settle on 9A/12A (exit row) when I do the booking. Now that I've gotten used to it, I like the legroom in the exit row much better. But I do concur nonetheless, XE have very nice aircrew.

And Colgan Air's only redeeming quality

... is a senior FA/Instructor named Stacey ******, whom I was quite taken with, but she doesn't fly out of IAH all that often, unfortunately.
The Proud Bird with the Golden Tail

olympic707

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 pm

I flew on Olympic to Greece last month, OA has a lot of young attractive female F/A.  drool   yes 

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 34):
Yeah, the regionals seem to be a better place to look. SkyWest has some VERY good looking ones too.

I don't see any. I flew AA Eagle and Delta Connection BWI -JFK, JFK-BWI, and both flights were male F/A  yuck 

Yanni
Fly Olympic - Aviation GREEK STYLE!

richierich

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Best looking flight attendant I have ever seen was a cute blonde working a CO flight to IAH many moons ago.

I recently met a very nice Virgin Atlantic crew based out of MAN - very professional yet also a pleasure to look at.  Wink

Not that I tried, but I am going to guess that the average customer is not going to get the chance to meet or go out with an FA they meet on a flight too often. I'm sure it happens, but it is almost certainly the exception and not the rule.
None shall pass!!!!

EXAAUADL

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Ive heard that SQ fires their FAs at age 32..can anyone confirm...Ive also heard that SQ, CX, and TG FA's are very flirty with caucasian males flying in premium classes.

Speedbirdie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I wish someone would hit on me  Sad
Never give up..

OHLHD

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:04 pm

I'd say it happens about as often as one encounters a FA who is a beauty...which in the current airline environment is very rare.

Are you refering to US airlines? The last 20 flights I did had pretty girls on board. ( Non US flights) Although I know that most airlines forbid their employees to hit on passengers or take phone numbers. But that is only the theory of course.

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 41):
I wish someone would hit on me

I am sure if you post your schedule here you will regret it. 

If I did not have a girlfriend ..... I would get myself a ZED ticket on BA  duck  oh I see my girlfriend looking mad at me.....  Big grin

[Edited 2007-10-04 09:17:21]

siromega

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Quoting Comorin (Reply 21):
Being attracted to other is a total waste of time and quite irrational. I am only interested in people who are attracted to me.

Apparently, you must not have a problem finding someone - I havent been on a date in three years so I dont have much of a choice.

Also, I flew about 8 sectors on WN this summer and didnt see a single hot FA. There were some OK looking ones, most though were men or 40+ yr old women. Only on my flight from BUR-LAS this past weekend did I see a woman in her late 20s or early 30s who was moderately attractive.

enviroian

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:21 pm

I've been flying US about every week for the last two years. I can't remember the last time I've seen an attractive flight attendant to be honest. Nothing personal, but from my travels on VS, BA, and LH, European carriers' flight attendants are younger, more attractive, and certainly in better physical shape (aethestically speaking) from their US counterparts.

flytuitravel

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Royal Brunei Airlines f/a's!!!

COFreqFlyer

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Work the LGWIAH flight some time?  Wink
The Proud Bird with the Golden Tail

ikramerica

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:47 pm

Hey there cutie  cutie  , come here often?  mischievous 

There, mission accomplished!  Wink
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Rbgso

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm Platinum Medallion with Delta, and if I've seen a FA this year below the age of 45 I don't remember it. Not to say that older woman can not be attractive, far from it, however I wonder where the next crop of FAs are coming from.

floridaflyboy

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:22 pm

Quoting Olympic707 (Reply 38):
I don't see any. I flew AA Eagle and Delta Connection BWI -JFK, JFK-BWI, and both flights were male F/A

Well... maybe it's just a western thing. I haven't seen too many on ASA or Comair, but many on SkyWest (always out of SLC or DEN)
Good goes around!

n710ps

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:37 pm

So how's that JFK layover looking?  Wink

Speedbirdie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:45 pm

Quoting N710PS (Reply 50):
So how's that JFK layover looking

LoL, I only fly European! Wouldnt catch me dead on a JFK flight, unless i was a passenger...
Never give up..

trent900

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 9):
Virgin Blue in Australia

Lot of very attractive people

And believe me, they are true party animals. Anything goes with that lot!!

Sound very much like FR's crew. Theres lots of very pretty ones flying round europe  bigthumbsup 

D

n710ps

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 51):
LoL, I only fly European! Wouldnt catch me dead on a JFK flight, unless i was a passenger...

Too bad... Maybe I should hop over to into Gatwick sometime on a stretch of days off. LOL  Wink

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos