SCUMBAG
Topic Author

RE: Having A "Crush" On Pretty FA's

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 pm

"There has been girls here who, if the guy insists to get to know them, put on a biohazard gear and turn the guy into a goldmine for a few weeks (he got the message in the end)... LOL" BEST reply ever on this subject.... been thier, done that, still smarting 25 years later!

xtoler

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting Seabosdca (Reply 13):
Of course, I sit in 1A all the time, and, of course, the only ERJ I fly on are those of American Eagle.

Sigh...

I sat across from 1A in the jump seat, and I used to talk smack to some of my female pax. Especially if they didn't like flying. Not, nice, I'd especially give them some first class treatment.
EMB145 F/A, F/E, J41 F/A, F/E, because my wife clipped my wings, armchair captain

xtoler

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Don't forget about some of us straight male F/A's flirting with female pax. I've even been hit on. It was great! Even without wedding band, I think they know I'm married, because when I was single, I couldn't get a hit. The downside of being a straight male F/A, is people assume and I've been hit on by a few guys. Luckily not so much, but there's nothing worse than a guy running back to the plane to give me his number in front of my pilots on the first day of an overnight.
EMB145 F/A, F/E, J41 F/A, F/E, because my wife clipped my wings, armchair captain

yellowtail

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:32 pm

I am surprised that no one has posted a pic that they managed to sneak...
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Coal

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:44 pm

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 1):
I'd say it happens about as often as one encounters a FA who is a beauty...which in the current airline environment is very rare.

You've never flown SQ or MH have you?

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

NG1Fan

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:32 am

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 40):
Ive also heard that SQ, CX, and TG FA's are very flirty with caucasian males flying in premium classes.

Sometimes (I fly CX). Even in economy you can get some nice, genuine smiles. It's the little things that move you (CX's latest slogan).

NG1Fan

UncleBuck

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting Xtoler (Reply 52):
Don't forget about some of us straight male F/A's flirting with female pax. I've even been hit on.

hell yeah! and i've been able to meet up with a few as well  Smile

Quoting Xtoler (Reply 52):
The downside of being a straight male F/A, is people assume and I've been hit on by a few guys.

ugh. too familiar of a scenario- normally NOT straight FAs. no homophobia, but if i was gay, I'd tell you. get over it and move on.

EddieDude

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:51 am

I still remember a girl who works for AM at GRU. She is a check-in agent/gate agent. She is definitely pretty... pretty is an understatement actually, she is spectacular. I met her first in January 2004 and I fell in love when I saw her; she checked me in and it was very embarrassing because I could not even speak. I later saw her at the x-ray machines as I was making my way to the gate and she was very nice to me. She called me by my last name (she remembered!!!) and reminded me of the gate number with a big, beautiful smile on her face.

I was back to Brazil a month later and I saw her again during check-in, only this time she did not check me in. It was so sad!!!

The next time I flew out of GRU was in May 2005 but I flew with DL to ATL, so I did not have the chance to see if she was still there or not.  Sad

I dream of seeing her again. If I do, I will definitely confess my love!
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

tonytifao

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:25 am

I fall in love everytime I fly GOL airlines  Smile

redflyer

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:28 am

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 38):
Are you refering to US airlines?

Actually, no (although I'll admit U.S. airlines seem to have a disproportionate share of "howlers"). I fly internationally a lot and I have seen the "ugly" as well as "heffer" factor spread over the years to quite a few carriers, not just here in the U.S.

Quoting Coal (Reply 54):
You've never flown SQ

Ummm...that is why at the very bottom of my post I said "unless one flies CX or SQ". And in that regard, far-east Asian carriers seem to retain the "beauty" value when it comes to flight attendants.

But before anyone lectures me or flames me, yes, I know flight attendants are there for my safety and not to indulge my visual senses.
A government big enough to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right is a government big enough to take away any guaranteed right. A government big enough to give you everything you need is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

fjnovak1

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:28 am

I will second the people that said SkyWest has some reallll cuties on the 70/90-seat side....I took MEM-SLC (CRJ-900)and SLC-ONT (CRJ-700) and three of the four FA's between the two flights were pretty cute. Also two of the three FA's on a recent 737-500 trip on CO DTW-IAH were real cuties. One of my co-workers is dating an AAEagle FA and she is hot. I have been dying to date a FA...I just think it'd be fun...I need to fly more, or figure out where they hang out. I've stayed at countless airport hotels and barely seen any FA's.....and the ones I have seen I'd pass on!
Go Blue!!

ZKSUJ

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:34 am

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 36):
...Ive also heard that SQ, CX, and TG FA's are very flirty with caucasian males flying in premium classes.

I have heard many cases that would back that up as a true characteristic for SQ. I have family that work there and white males especially in first class are goldmines aparantly. There was an aunty's friend that ended up marrying one of them as she recieved gold jewelery on a regular basis from a customer.

vheca

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 am

It can be related to love in general, be it in Aviation or even Retail. The point is that we are attracted to beauty and indeed the person themselves.

It is hard to show affection to someone who works in a trade in which beauty is not paramount, but certainly does not hurt. Nothing more satisfying in the overall providing of Customer Service if the person that you are receiving that service from is attractive, polite and helpful. But with company practice forbiding this from happening, love taking over from sudden infatuation is more likely to be, as someone earlier had said, not the rule.

I would thionk that if you are attracted to someone in the F/A or Crew profession, a small note passed with your HONEST intentions or vice-versa if you are struck by the beauty of a passenger after the flight has terminated would probably be your best bet. It's just my opinion really. Take it away from the profession, and more of a personal level, it may be more believable than drooling over them mid-flight?

Cheers

VH-ECA

PS When I went to preview my post, the related-articles topics flashed underneath "Snakes on a Plane". Is there a link here?  Wink
PAX on- 300, 312, 320, 380, 722, 732, 733, 73H, 73W, 739, 742, 743, 74C, 752, 753, 762, 789, AB4, CR7, D1C, D28, DHT, F27, L11

vheca

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 38):
I wish someone would hit on me

You might have to becareful on what you wish for around here! LOL! Are you trying to hard?

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 43):
Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 41):

Hey there cutie , come here often?

There, mission accomplished!

This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!
PAX on- 300, 312, 320, 380, 722, 732, 733, 73H, 73W, 739, 742, 743, 74C, 752, 753, 762, 789, AB4, CR7, D1C, D28, DHT, F27, L11

goomba

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:23 am

There are some FA's whereby you need to perform a Carbon 14 test to determine their age these days...and I'm not pointing to any specific airline that recently tried to keep their airline...their airline.

Smile

crj200faguy

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:31 am

What about hot passengers? They are super rare on RJs. Why shouldn't I have something nice to look at while I work?   Most women in the midwest who fly could play linebacker for Nebraska.

[Edited 2007-10-04 21:36:57]

NG1Fan

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 60):
But before anyone lectures me or flames me, yes, I know flight attendants are there for my safety and not to indulge my visual senses.

But if they can assure my safety while at the same time being easy on the eyes - the perfect FA!

Ladies, if you're beautiful and you know it - use it, damn! The world is ugly enough. There is nothing like talking to a self-assured beautiful woman who knows her job well (whatever that job may be, not just FA).

NG1Fan

n710ps

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 am

Quoting Crj200faguy (Reply 66):
Most women in the midwest who fly could play linebacker for Nebraska.

Hahahahaaha my best friend would kill you for a statement like that. His GF is from Nebraska and they live there and as a side not she does fly. LMAO
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

SCUMBAG
Topic Author

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:31 pm

"Faye" a Manila Based stunner named Melanie Lat on NWA is beyond spectacular! Even my wife, who is a former model for Christian Dior was slack jawed when this very polished and cultured euro/asian mixed-blood lady served us in Biz. Asked if she would like to have an interview and photo shoot for CD to present her to the ad agency that picks up on new talent, she blushed and said she was much too shy to even consider something like this, although she had agreed to do a local TV spot in the past, she got stage fright at the last minute and bolted from the studio. Just wants to work for the airline and raise her family. Lucky break for the pax in Asia!

OHLHD

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:27 am

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 60):
Actually, no (although I'll admit U.S. airlines seem to have a disproportionate share of "howlers"). I fly internationally a lot and I have seen the "ugly" as well as "heffer" factor spread over the years to quite a few carriers, not just here in the U.S.

Big grin That is true. I recommend a domestic Finnish sector during summer. Although short hops your eyes will enjoy.  Wink

EWRCabincrew

Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Just to add a few cents worth here on that...

Lusting after or having a short affair (for lack of a better term) is one thing, but to have it continue is another.

To be involved with a flight attendant take a lot of adjustment on the part of the non-employee. Dealing with the schedules, the trust factor, the being gone (away from home on weekends, holidays, whenever), the craziness of the industry and any/everything else.

Case in point. You see someone you fancy, you invite them for a drink (dinner, whatnot). They accept. Great (woo hoo). Dinner is over, you had a great time, but they leave for destination unknown and you won't see them for a few months (if at all) or they might not get to your city for ages. Fun while it lasted.

That is what you are in for, when you want to date a flight attendant.

It takes a real special person to want to take that into their life on a regular basis. My husband has put up with a lot from my schedule (it changes monthly, sometimes as short as a days notice), my commuting, my weird hours I keep with the job, my being thousands of miles from home and him being alone (when you love someone, it can be a lonely thing).

We make it work (that and I have 20+ years of a good schedule) and I am forever appreciative that he understands. Not everyone is that flexible. I am grateful to no end for his understanding.

Sure, the flight attendant may be good looking, beautiful or whatever flips your switch, but you are the one dealing with their schedule, not them with yours.

The grass is not necessarily greener.
You can't cure stupid

lightsaber

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 3):

I embarrassed myself by trying to speak passable german.

Mein Libchen!

Quoting CygnusChicago (Reply 4):
most men are scared of getting slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit if they so much as look at a woman...

Unfortunately, so true. Not to mention many men travel on business and its *very* frowned upon in the professional fields to hit on a "woman on the clock."

Quoting Crj200faguy (Reply 66):
Most women in the midwest who fly could play linebacker for Nebraska.

ROTFL

I'm sorry, but most of my flights involve a woman F/A who can out bench press me. No, I'm not a weak man. But an old friend won a few blackbelt competitions and then she wondered why my geeky friends wouldn't hit on her... Hmmm...

Ok, this has been one of the more amusing threads! Thank god I'm married.  Smile

Got popcorn?
Neil
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

slowflite

Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:10 am

Quoting Thesandbender (Reply 22):
Don't forget the pilots. I saw a CO pilot in EWR a few weeks ago that had just about every man that walked past her slack jawed

Let me take a wild guess: About 5'4", blue eyes, straight platinum blonde hair, high cheek bones, and very well endowed. She was on my flight to LAX, and told me she was a 757 captain who was headed home to Palm Springs. Hot doesn't describe this pilot!
"The Judge Said 5 to 10, I say Double That Again" The Clash

n710ps

Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:56 pm

Comair has a F/O that is JFK based that I have came across in two diffrent cities that makes me go ga ga. Absolutely stunning latin girl. No ring either. Next time I see her I am totally going to give it a shot.

rdwootty

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Frankly if you take a transatlantic flight with a legacy US carrier you are more likely to find a zimmer frame in the FA's corner..... Beauties are not allowed to cross the pond

MCOflyer

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 pm

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not. EWRCabincrew has the best way of putting it. I admire F/a's every time I fly but in end, you have to be a flexible person in order to date one.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

c172pic

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:22 pm

I LUV Asiatica FAs!!! If I flew on ANA, I would be DONE!

Silly

I did see a hottie, young and cute on JB CLT-JFK ERJ flight... and one (shocking) on USairways... overall, better looking, quality FAs on Asian or European carriers... shame on US, SHAME! LOL... then again, EOE is the law of the land...

UncleBuck

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:51 am

Quoting Thesandbender (Reply 22):
As someone mentioned. Don't forget the pilots. I saw a CO pilot in EWR a few weeks ago that had just about every man that walked past her slack jawed.

XJT has an F/O that is a former playmate.

SOBHI51

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:42 am

How about EK they hire beauti's from all over the world.On any flight you must have at least a choice of 5 regions of the world and i can say 95% of them are really hot.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

airtran737

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:26 am

Quoting SCUMBAG (Thread starter):
My question is this, and I know it won't apply to all, but how often does some hardworking FA who just happens to be a beauty, encounter some love starved guy who suddenly at FL 350 falls in love?

Happens all of the time, more often for those of us who work in the industry. My current girlfriend is a flight attendant for TZ and it kills me to know that she has slime ball passengers trying to hook up with her. She's heard every piss poor line that there is "You overnight in New York often?" "Ever join the mile high club?" "What hotel are you staying at? Would you like some company?" It's not only the passengers that she has to worry about, there are also some real princes in the cockpit flying. Not that all pilots are sex crazed, ego maniacs, you just don't here about the guy who goes home to his wife and kids. You hear about the check airman that is "having troubles with his marriage, and just wants to come into your room to talk" She's really worried about me when I get hired, but I know what I hate about the industry, and therefore I won't be come what I hate.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

EWRCabincrew

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 79):
it kills me to know that she has slime ball passengers trying to hook up with her.

She'll get that anywhere she works. THe lines change, but the jist is the same.

You hear about the check airman that is "having troubles with his marriage, and just wants to come into your room to talk"

She'll run into pilots far more than check airmen with the same predicament.

you just don't here about the guy who goes home to his wife and kids

Just because they are married and have kids does not prevent a wandering eye.

What you need is trust. If you have that, a relationship built on never telling lies and great communication between you, your realtionship will survive and rise above all.

If you harbor feelings like

kills me to know

it will begin to eat away, little by little, and potentially hurt your relationship.

All of the above are some of the things you have to consider when getting involved with a crew member, more than a 'crush'.
You can't cure stupid

n710ps

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Happens all of the time, more often for those of us who work in the industry. My current girlfriend is a flight attendant for TZ and it kills me to know that she has slime ball passengers trying to hook up with her. She's heard every piss poor line that there is "You overnight in New York often?" "Ever join the mile high club?" "What hotel are you staying at? Would you like some company?" It's not only the passengers that she has to worry about, there are also some real princes in the cockpit flying. Not that all pilots are sex crazed, ego maniacs, you just don't here about the guy who goes home to his wife and kids. You hear about the check airman that is "having troubles with his marriage, and just wants to come into your room to talk" She's really worried about me when I get hired, but I know what I hate about the industry, and therefore I won't be come what I hate.

If she is being honest with you do not worry. Chances are shes faithful. I will admit to being one of the sex crazed which is the major reason I try not to get into serious relationships. It has killed 2 of them in my time in the industry as it is. Right now I am with an F/A from another carrier and it works well. It just depends on the person and either of your views. Than again though you could trust a person totally and they will completely shock you.

speedbirdegjj

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I was dating a cute blonde who worked Eurofleet for BA for a while. She said it wasn't uncommon to be handed business cards as pax were disembarking. Mainly middle aged businessmen, she stopped talking to me when she met my girlfriend at the time, a despatcher, in the back galley of an ATP who casually asked what she was doing on her layover that night.............

D'oh

Blackbird1331

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:20 pm

Did you get your user name from a F/A?  Smile
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

Boeing747_600

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:57 pm

I was on an LH A343 from DFW to FRA once and this very pretty FA noticed a picture of my large stupid dog Rruff on my laptop screen's background and just fell in love with the shady mongrel. We chatted for quite a while. and during the meal service later, she made me show another pretty FA who was operating the meals cart with her, the pic of aforesaid mongrel and they both cooed all over his picture. I've never been that jealous of a dog before Big grin

Here's the pic in question . That's what Rruff looks like when he's soaked prior to a scrubdown Big grin

SFO777200LR

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Is there a dating website exclusively for people in the aviation business?
To take flight is like to make love; one must have ecstasy, passion, and a majestic partner.

ANother

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Quoting C172pic (Reply 76):
I did see a hottie, young and cute on JB CLT-JFK ERJ flight

I don't think Helijet flies this route, that would be cabotage, wouldn't it? The first (and last) time I flew them their 'F/A' was the co-pilot leaning back and yelling safety instructions to us. Nobody fell in love that day!

baw716

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:23 am

I developed a crush on a Braniff flight attendant when I made a trip SEA-FRA-SEA back in 1980. This girl was pretty, sweet, willing to engage in conversation with passengers (the flights were empty...I had the good fortune of having her on both transatlantic legs and had over 20 hours to converse (actually we talked about half of that). She was an absolute doll, but unfortunately for me, she had a boyfriend (obvious when I asked her out before we landed in Dallas) and after we said goodbye, I never saw her again.

It does happen...but I was very young and chatting up flight attendants was a good way to pass time as I was flying back and forth to Europe (which I was doing a lot of in the 1980s). Now that I am married, that isn't such a smart move.

baw716
David L. Lamb, fmr Area Mgr Alitalia SFO 1998-2002, fmr Regional Analyst SFO-UAL 1992-1998

ZKSUJ

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

Not that all pilots are sex crazed, ego maniacs, you just don't here about the guy who goes home to his wife and kids

Yes, absolutely true. But the typical pilot stereotype would beg to differ

but I know what I hate about the industry, and therefore I won't be come what I hate.

Good for you, nice to see people sticking with what the believe in rather than give in to stereotypes and 'expectations'

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 80):
Just because they are married and have kids does not prevent a wandering eye.

What you need is trust. If you have that, a relationship built on never telling lies and great communication between you, your realtionship will survive and rise above all.

I agree with you. A male (and I'm sure females too) will always have a wandering eye towards stunning women/men. And in the Aviation industry it is no different, its more a case of wether you choose to do anything about or not.

jimbo27L

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:15 am

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 37):

Well, if I recognise you the next time I fly out of LHR/LGW I'll be more than happy to treat you to half a shandy!  Wink

BFS

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 37):

I hear ya Speedbirdie! A whole year and not even a phone number or a cheeky wink...

Quoting COFreqFlyer (Reply 42):
Work the LGWIAH flight some time?

I'm on the flight all the time bud, but I doubt you'd be interested hehe

bok269

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:47 am

Quoting SFO777200LR (Reply 85):
Is there a dating website exclusively for people in the aviation business?

I believe there is. THe address escapes me.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

mandala499

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:08 pm

I think it's called "love-is-in-the-air" or something like that...
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos