Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

juventus
Topic Author

Republic/F9 Approved For Several Mexican Routes

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:46 am

Republic Airlines Receives Route Authority to Operate Embraer 170/175 Aircraft to Mexico
Wednesday October 3, 11:14 am ET
Airline Inaugurates Flights South of the Border Today with Service from Denver to Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Republic Airways Holdings (NASDAQ:RJET - News) announced today that its Republic Airlines subsidiary has received its Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from the Mexican Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGAC). The AOC gives Republic Airlines the authority to operate EMB 170/175s on several routes to Mexico, including: Denver to Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Mazatlan and Zihuatanejo; Sacramento and San Jose, California to Los Cabos; and Albuquerque, New Mexico to Puerto Vallarta.
Republic's service to Mexico will begin today when flight 4571, operating as Frontier Airlines, departs Denver for Los Cabos at 9:35 a.m. MDT, followed by flight 4569 at 9:45 a.m. MDT to Puerto Vallarta. Republic will operate its Mexican routes on behalf of Frontier Airlines under a long-term code-share agreement.

"With this route authority, Republic Airlines marks another important milestone for both the company and the regional airline industry," said Scott Durgin, Republic Airways vice president. "As the world's largest operator of Embraer E-Jets, we are pleased to expand our industry-leading service to these new popular Mexican destinations." Including these new route authorities, Republic Airways subsidiaries will operate a total of 29 international markets for five airline partners, stretching its network internationally to include service to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica and seasonal service to the Bahamas.

The timing of the above-mentioned routes is as follows:

From To Start date
Denver Puerto Vallarta Oct. 3
Denver Los Cabos Oct. 3
Denver Zihuatanejo Oct. 15
Denver Mazatlan Oct. 16
San Jose Los Cabos Oct. 24
Sacramento Los Cabos Oct. 25
Albuquerque Puerto Vallarta Dec. 15

floridaflyboy

RE: Republic/F9 Approved For Several Mexican Routes

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Hopefully that's not a permenant change, as the Denver routes used to be F9 mainline routes. It would sure be a shame to see them switch those routes to Republic for any extended period of time.
Good goes around!

juventus
Topic Author

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 1):
Hopefully that's not a permenant change, as the Denver routes used to be F9 mainline routes

Denver-Ixtapa Zihuatanejo and Denver-Mazatlan are fit for the ERJ 170 (I think). Denver to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta hopefully go to Airbus flying during peak season.

mariner

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:36 pm

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 1):
as the Denver routes used to be F9 mainline routes.

Mostly, they still are. The Republic flying is to supplement mainline, to add frequency.

DEN-ZIH may go to all Republic, but that is to "even out" the service. The hope is that they can keep the route going all year, instead of seasonal.

mariner
aeternum nauta

juventus
Topic Author

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Well to my understanding, as far as Mexico goes, only Acapulco has under-performed. So I'm confident most of these additions will work out for F9...

md90fan

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Mariner,

What are your thoughts about a Republic/F9 Denver-Nassau,BS service? I think it has some potential, given NAS status as a popular holiday destination amongst Americans. I'm pretty sure with some connections and decent fares, F9 could pull it off  twocents 
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

mariner

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 5):
What are your thoughts about a Republic/F9 Denver-Nassau,BS service?

I'd love to see them fly to NAS, but I think it would more likely be DEN-MEM-NAS. Or even DEN-JAX-NAS.

I'm not sure if the E170 has the legs for DEN-NAS?

mariner
aeternum nauta

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos