TLS 1 daily
HAM 1 daily
PMI 2 daily
RAK 1 daily
MAD 2 daily
LYS 5 weekly
MXP 10 weekly
GVA 1 daily

Glad to see that MAD will be back (providing this is accurate). Jet2 will be given a good run for their money then on some of these routes.

HUYfan

RE: Manchester MAN UK News 14

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Not sure if Centralwings 4 weekly to Poznan has been reported or not.

Regards

Mike

CYatUK

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 201):
My sourcs advise me that U2 should be announceing the following routes very very soon...

BFS 3 daily
AGP 1 daily
BRU 1 daily
TLS 1 daily
HAM 1 daily
PMI 2 daily
RAK 1 daily
MAD 2 daily
LYS 5 weekly
MXP 10 weekly
GVA 1 daily

Looks very exciting!

That is the rumour. Expect the announcement tomorrow. As i said in a previous post, the GB Airways Customer Service Director indicated that there would be so but couldn't comment any further. He, along with Kevin Hatton, will be at MAN tomorrow

So, No flights to either Malta or Cyprus then?

CY and ECA must be rubbing their hands
 Big grin

GT4EZY

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:07 pm

I am not sure whether any decision has been taken on the existing GT routes. As I already mentioned however, EZY would operate PFO, MLA, HER and TFS for the summer 2008 season atleast. That was the plan on the day of the takeover announcement anyway.
Proud to fly from Manchester!

Boeing74741R

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:54 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 201):

That is the rumour. Expect the announcement tomorrow.

No announcement yet from Manchester Airport or easyJet as of 20.53 GMT.

MANmatt

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 207):

No announcement yet from Manchester Airport or easyJet as of 20.53 GMT.

Supposedly delayed by legal matters until tomorrow?!

jetset7e7

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Quoting CYatUK (Reply 205):
So, No flights to either Malta or Cyprus then?

CY and ECA must be rubbing their hands

And KM

Mark
Retrofitted Blended Winglets - The Future Is On The Wing

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:48 pm

No I doubt there will be an announcement tomorrow either. Obviously, I'm not privy to all the details, however I am confident it will come sooner rather than later. People within GB and U2 have seen postings on forums such as this and we have been asked not to post what we have been told and particularly the reasons why todays announcement didn't happen. Inevitably, this will be reported somewhere but it won't be from me.
What I will say is is that U2 are confident about MAN (and LPL incidentally) and GT routes would be staying for the summer atleast. Therefore, I'm sure KM, CY and ECA will be keeping the champagne on ice for the time being atleast.

[Edited 2007-12-10 15:49:44]

[Edited 2007-12-10 15:53:45]

BlueShamu330s

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:00 am

Thinking a bit out of the box, if this all comes to fruition, I would imagine Peel, aside from any legal hoop jumping, being incensed that U2 have dropped anchor just down the road from LPL whilst continuing to ignore their albatross which is DSA.

3 MAA plc airports(MAN, BOH & EMA) served to 1 Peel !

Is U2 at MAN more bad news for the future of DSA?

Shamu

[Edited 2007-12-10 16:01:16]
Flying around India

BAxMAN

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:02 am

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 210):

What are your feelings, and those of crew in general, about the Easyjet/GB Airways takeover?

The BA Connect folk were largely unhappy when Flybe came in for them and I know of many BMED crew who are not hanging round to be part of bmi as they don't want to do 'Mickey Mouse' shorthaul hops. I have heard that many GB crew are in training to join BA mainline at LGW ('frying pan' and 'fire' spring to mind!) as they don't want to serve champagne one day, and sell scratch cards the next.
Mild green Fairy liquid

mainMAN

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 211):
Thinking a bit out of the box

If people would start thinking out of the box a bit, then maybe we'd be spared the unsubstantiated yet 'official' rumours that we all have to endure on a regular basis.

GT4EZY

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 212):

Some LHR and LGW crews, particularly the old school, are a bit disappointed but most are positive.

At MAN, it is almost 100% positive. GT were never expanding out of MAN as such. They were/are constrained terribly by the franchise agreement with BA and this ended ambitions to operate ATH, LCA and TLV. BA were worried that it would impact upon LHR Transit traffic (fancy that) even on the LCA.

As a result, MAN based crews are happy at the take over as it should not only secure the base but will expand it. Plus, in terms of BOB, MAN crews are very sales motivated (having operated BACON service for over a year) and much prefer BOB to the complimentary BA service that used to exist on MAN routes and still does ex LGW and LHR.

It is true that some crew (only one from MAN) have taken advantage of fasttrack interviews into BA Long Haul on temp contracts and in fact i believe there is a course starting in January exclusively made up of ex GB crew. This is great as it makes as many people as happy as possible.

So i would say, very much positive is the buzz word around the company. Lets not forget though that GB is a great airline and we have flown the flag excellently!

jamotcx

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:15 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 212):
I have heard that many GB crew are in training to join BA mainline at LGW ('frying pan' and 'fire' spring to mind!) as they don't want to serve champagne one day, and sell scratch cards the next.

There are a few jumping ship, mainly LHR ones as they still want to work from LHR.

Pilots are still mixed, it seems the FO's near to command are more interested in moving than others.

Still for me it means I may finally get the transfer up norf!

mainMAN

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 214):
BA were worried that it would impact upon LHR Transit traffic (fancy that) even on the LCA.

That sounds familiar!

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 213):
If people would start thinking out of the box a bit, then maybe we'd be spared the unsubstantiated yet 'official' rumours that we all have to endure on a regular basis.

This previous comment not directed at you GT4EZY. Nice to have someone on board who seems to know exactly what they're talking about.  thumbsup 

cornish

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:51 pm

So i would say, very much positive is the buzz word around the company.

Erm aren't you forgetting all those office based people in the airline that will almost certainly be losing their jobs. In the current market environment it as never going to be a problem for the crews to be taken on by U2 or for alternative jobs to be found. But none of the office based staff will get taken on by U2 - they'll all be redundant. I'm sure they won't be quite so positive about the merger.....

maybe we'd be spared the unsubstantiated yet 'official' rumours that we all have to endure on a regular basis.

I'd be interested to see just what proportion of the new service rumours that are posted on here don't actually happen - 50% maybe - or am I being unfair? But then i do recall a post once saying how an airline was goig to be coming to MAN when i had their new route development plan on my desk with no mention of MAN whatsoever  Yeah sure
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

GT4EZY

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 217):
So i would say, very much positive is the buzz word around the company.

Erm aren't you forgetting all those office based people in the airline that will almost certainly be losing their jobs. In the current market environment it as never going to be a problem for the crews to be taken on by U2 or for alternative jobs to be found. But none of the office based staff will get taken on by U2 - they'll all be redundant. I'm sure they won't be quite so positive about the merger.....

maybe we'd be spared the unsubstantiated yet 'official' rumours that we all have to endure on a regular basis.

I'd be interested to see just what proportion of the new service rumours that are posted on here don't actually happen - 50% maybe - or am I being unfair? But then i do recall a post once saying how an airline was goig to be coming to MAN when i had their new route development plan on my desk with no mention of MAN whatsoever

That is true, takeovers ultimately affect some people in a negative way, however they are in the minority compared to front line staff. Not very nice for those people admittedly (some of whom I have contact with).

Cornish, I don't like to deal in rumour instead I have facts given yesterday by Kevin Hatton and various U2 people. Like I have said, I don't really want to mention everything other than EZY at MAN is not yet certain, but very likely.

BlueShamu330s

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:27 pm

I think between the Fantasy Airport Routes afficionados and the Anti-BA because MAN is the best airport in the world bleaters, we tend to get a nice balance between what people would like to see happening at MAN and reality.

Take on board what you think is credible and ditch the dross.  thumbsup 

Shamu
Flying around India

cornish

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:12 am

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 218):
That is true, takeovers ultimately affect some people in a negative way, however they are in the minority compared to front line staff. Not very nice for those people admittedly (some of whom I have contact with).

Takeovers will always affect some staff, front or backroom. But it still affects a significant number of people so I just thought I'd better point out that its not all good news for GT staff.

Cornish, I don't like to deal in rumour instead I have facts given yesterday by Kevin Hatton and various U2 people. Like I have said, I don't really want to mention everything other than EZY at MAN is not yet certain, but very likely.

Thats ok - it wasn't a dig at you, by me or others, and you're new here. You'll learn soon enough that there are some that are a tad enthusiastic at sharing "official" rumours they've heard about airlines they'd really like to see at MAN. the sort of thing that because MAN management have been talking to an airline then that guarantees a new service must be about to happen - and not realising that major airport managers approach many many many airlines every year to talk about new service (just like any salesman in any trade would), the vast majority of which do not come to fruition.

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 219):
Take on board what you think is credible and ditch the dross.

Which reminds me, I heard a rumour that COPA is going to start flying to MAN from next year. Seems they've noticed a market in retirees flying between Panama and Manchester that they want to tap into  Silly
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

GT4EZY

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:15 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 220):

Thats ok - it wasn't a dig at you, by me or others, and you're new here. You'll learn soon enough that there are some that are a tad enthusiastic at sharing "official" rumours they've heard about airlines they'd really like to see at MAN. the sort of thing that because MAN management have been talking to an airline then that guarantees a new service must be about to happen - and not realising that major airport managers approach many many many airlines every year to talk about new service (just like any salesman in any trade would), the vast majority of which do not come to fruition.

No need to be patronising. I have been reading the boards for years mate, so I have an idea.

Takeovers will always affect some staff, front or backroom. But it still affects a significant number of people so I just thought I'd better point out that its not all good news for GT staff.

The overall impression at GT is positive. Working for GT has allowed me to guage opinion fairly accurately.

Ryanair737

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:18 pm

At the minute this all seems to be a common case of all specualtion and no action...
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC

cornish

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 221):

No need to be patronising. I have been reading the boards for years mate, so I have an idea.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to come across as patronising and apologies if you read it that way. You never know who is a complete newbie and who is a "lurker" round here so to speak. But again as I said before it wasn't a dig at you as you actually came across as somebody putting forward some intelligent reasoned discussion as to what was likely to happen rather than a "I heard from someone that X might be doing Y" post that we constantly get  Smile

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 221):
The overall impression at GT is positive. Working for GT has allowed me to guage opinion fairly accurately.

Front line yes and I wouldn't disagree, but I know its not good for many back at head office. But for you and your close colleagues its likely to be a good opportuinity so best of luck with how it goes  Smile

GT4EZY

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Yes i understand that it maybe hard to separate the credible from the bullsh*t. Hopefully, the announcement will come soon enough, MAN plc willing. Thats all i will say.

BlueShamu330s

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Which reminds me, I heard a rumour that COPA is going to start flying to MAN from next year. Seems they've noticed a market in retirees flying between Panama and Manchester that they want to tap into

ROFL  laughing   rotfl 
Flying around India

col

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 224):
Hopefully, the announcement will come soon enough, MAN plc willing. Thats all i will say.

Let me guess, those bunch of yayhoos are still expecting BA to come back and build a hub Big grin

BlueShamu330s

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:37 pm

Noticed on another thread is the new Pakistani airport at Sialkot.

According to Wiki, (fare use quote):

A memorandum of understanding was recently signed between PIA and Sialkot International Airport Authority for mutual cooperation and joint promotion of Sialkot International Airport. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed by Anwaar Rasul Khan Senior Vice President (Sales) PIA and Mian Naeem Javed, Director, Sialkot International Airport. Initially, PIA operates flights on Tuesdays and Fridays with departure of flight at 11:00 AM from Karachi and arrival at Sialkot by 12:50 PM. Similarly, the return flight departs at 1:30 PM and reach Karachi at 3:20 PM.

PIA would start non-stop flight between Sialkot to Manchester, Dubai as well as Haj flights from Sialkot International Airport early in 2008.

Shamu
Flying around India

cornish

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 227):
According to Wiki, (fare use quote):

Ah good old Wiki. I think its a pure typo but the very first thing it says about the airport is:

Sialkot International Airport (IATA: SKT, ICAO: N/A) is situated 14 km (8.7 mi) west of Sialkot in the Sialkot District of Pakistan. Approximately 10,000 travellers from Sialkot would benefit from this mega project.

Crikey, on the basis of that number of travellers my village could benefit from one  Silly

More seriously though, this airport is indeed likely to see service to the likes of MAN very soon and a good modern airport in Pakistan is definitely needed  Smile

gayrugbyman

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 am

I understand that all the issues have been ironed out and the EZY deal is all systems go, and that GB staff are being convened early next week for an announcement 0 if not sooner.

GT4EZY

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am

Quoting GayrugbyMAN (Reply 229):
I understand that all the issues have been ironed out and the EZY deal is all systems go, and that GB staff are being convened early next week for an announcement 0 if not sooner.

There won't be an announcement before midday monday.

David_itl

Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 219):
I think between the Fantasy Airport Routes afficionados and the Anti-BA because MAN is the best airport in the world bleaters,

Hope some of my "rants" anti-BA have had some kind of coherant reasoning?!

Quoting Cornish (Reply 217):
But then i do recall a post once saying how an airline was goig to be coming to MAN when i had their new route development plan on my desk with no mention of MAN whatsoever

Please not the Kuwait Airlines one...after all, I did find a quote from one of their executives for you after you wanted evidence!!

__

November statistics are now out (Sorry for the lack of an October round-up - got them but didn't break them down!

Top headline is that Etihad carried more passengers than Qatar Airways...

Let's start with a dropped route: Luxembourg. Strangely, even though no non-stop services operated, the number of passengers acutally increased to 4500 with VLM's extra MAN-LCY-LUX rotations. So I think we know who was flying most passengers to LUX when there was "competition"!

Other new routes- Centralwings "only" 1400 to Krakow (Skyeurope had 2200 last year) but Warsaw saw over 2000 passengers (300 more than when LOT operated last year). Volareweb's impact can be shown as the number of passengers to Milan fell compared to last year, even through it theoretically should have risen given more capacity available! Thomsomfly to TEl Aviv with over 4000 passengers (77? per flight, almost seems ideal for El Al 737 operations?!).

Icelandair did well with 20% increase in numbers; the Irish routes show Shannon, Waterford and Cork as gaining. Sun Air to Billund did nicely as well with 2000 passengers but bmi to Lyon is not doing as well as could be expected as it's not attracting the numbers BAConnect did. Turkish showed strong growth to average around 116 pax a flight (wonder what the impact of today's A330 will have on December's figures!)

Long-haul wise, bmi appears to be doing very well to the Caribbean; Las Vegas saw 6 fewer passengers. Middle East services continue to impress (Emirates up 12.5% to 40000 passengers which is 330 pax per flight, Etihad up 30% to 12500 which is 208 per flight and Qatar had just under 12500 passsngers: 1st time EY beaten QR at MAN?). Singapore Airlines carried just under the same number of passengers as last year (14000). Destination USA saw gains to Atlanta, Newark, Chicago, Orlando and Philidelphia. JFK probably down due to less capacity on offer. For Pakistan, it's the same as before since Air Blue started: Islamabad thriving whilst Karachi and Lahore seeing fewer passengers combined.

[Edited 2007-12-15 06:56:07]

mainMAN

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Quoting David_itl (Reply 231):

Other new routes- Centralwings "only" 1400 to Krakow (Skyeurope had 2200 last year)

Possibly because for several months, many Polish ex-pats couldn't find November flights and so had already booked via LPL?..............which is perhaps the most dubious excuse I've ever come up with!

Quoting David_itl (Reply 231):
Thomsomfly to TEl Aviv with over 4000 passengers (77? per flight, almost seems ideal for El Al 737 operations?!).

Interesting to see how this one grows as we move into the spring. TOM haven't decided yet whether to continue with this year round.....let's hope at least a twice weekly service is sustainable.

I travelled out of and back into T1 last week (CDG) and I was interested to see what it is people sometimes complain about, including the bullshit accusation that it's the worst most terminal in the world. I didn't fully understand what's happening with T1 departures, because there's a lot of work yet to be done. The way Jet2 check-in has been shunted down into the far reaches of the building is odd. There was once a nice large check-in hall down there, initially opened for Airtours if my memory serves me correctly. It also seems an ill-conceived idea to separate T1 and T3 by blocking off the link past the food court. That area was perhaps one of the very best/useful features of both terminals. I know why they've done this but I think they could have thought it through a little better. Overall, it wasn't an unpleasant place to pass through, there are far worse, but I'd like to see a 20 year plan to bulldoze the whole thing and maybe build a new terminal/structure which effectively replaces all three existing terminals, a bit like the way Schiphol is organised. This should be the long term vision for MAN.

On arrival back from Paris, the aircraft parked at the stand which is where piers B and C meet and from there we were bussed all around pier C and spewed out to climb up a narrow staircase. Weird. The flooring needs replacing in the immigration hall, baggage reclaim is fine and has always been a bit claustrophobic so no change there. The arrivals hall isn't pleasant, the men's toilets are like a 1986 timewarp, the games machines need to go, the smoking area outside is completely gross, but maybe it's supposed to be. Despite all this, there's not much wrong with T1 arrivals that a little bit of attention to detail couldn't fix and I refuse to believe that MAG can't afford to replace 3 bogs and a couple of urinals!

mainMAN

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:48 am

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:30 am

It is.....sigh of relief. I've been wanting to get this off my chest since crews and staff were confidentially told on Friday.

mhodgson

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:07 am

No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

col

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:15 am

Wow, what a poor commitment!!! 5 planes by 2010 at MAN is very disapointing. Does this mean the other bases will offer services to MAN?

Scottiedog

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:24 am

Quoting Col (Reply 236):
Wow, what a poor commitment!!! 5 planes by 2010 at MAN is very disapointing. Does this mean the other bases will offer services to MAN?

I do believe that is the case - possible other routes ex-Europe

cornish

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:24 am

Quoting Col (Reply 236):

Well given they will also have 10 at Liverpool by then, thats a pretty big number to serve the northwest through the two airports- given that a successful MAN operation would almost certainly see more aircraft based in the future.

Also I'm sure U2 are pleased that they have two different airport operators at MAN and LPL. As they build up their MAN network it gives them the opportunity to play one off the other to ensure they get the best possible deal out of both airports. If one doesn't give U2 enough of what it wants then it could stunt growth at that airport in favour of the other, if more accomodating.

But U2 and MAN makes complete sense. MAN is the primary airport in the North of England and U2 have shown their preference to fly to/from the primary airports unlike their big rival. Among other bases, U2 now possess the most slots at LGW after the GT purchase.

Long term, expect to see many more U2 aircraft than just 5 at MAN.

col

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:47 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 238):
Long term, expect to see many more U2 aircraft than just 5 at MAN.

What do EZY normally open a base with, 5 a/c or more?

cornish

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting Col (Reply 239):
What do EZY normally open a base with, 5 a/c or more?

No, far less - 2 or 3 usually depending on the market. Maybe 3 rotations per day depending on routes. There is of course also the possibility of flights into MAN from a/c based elsewhere to add more destinations from the airport.

CYatUK

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:18 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 238):
But U2 and MAN makes complete sense. MAN is the primary airport in the North of England and U2 have shown their preference to fly to/from the primary airports unlike their big rival. Among other bases, U2 now possess the most slots at LGW after the GT purchase

Indeed. MAN has been established for long as the airport for the North West and is possibly better connected to the rail network than any other airport in the UK.

Candid76

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Having less aircraft based and more aircraft visiting is a good thing. Peak time slots are at a premium as are parking positions at those times. Aircraft from other bases can visit at off peak times improving utilisation of the airport. From a spotting point of view it will be quicker to see the fleet as well!

Scottiedog

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:08 pm

AND RYANAIR MAKES ....

Manchester Evening News (and Pprune) say that Ryanair are making announcements at LPL and MAN tomorrow.

Huge expansion plans apparantly.

Manchester flighst to double - ok that's an extra 5 flights per day then!!

On top of easyJet that sounds like good news for the punters, but maybe not for the established airlines??

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:21 pm

When we learned of the 5 aircraft by 2010 on Friday, I was a little disppointed. However, we have been told that there is a strong chance that is will increase. The 5 aircraft by 2010 is only a commitment figure. Two aircraft are planned this summer to operate what was the GT network. U2 said right from day one that MAN's summer operation was only going to mirror GT's summer operation that was already planned and on sale. Despite this, there is some slack in the scheduling and therefore AGP is a possibility.

col

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 244):
When we learned of the 5 aircraft by 2010 on Friday, I was a little disppointed. However, we have been told that there is a strong chance that is will increase. The 5 aircraft by 2010 is only a commitment figure. Two aircraft are planned this summer to operate what was the GT network. U2 said right from day one that MAN's summer operation was only going to mirror GT's summer operation that was already planned and on sale. Despite this, there is some slack in the scheduling and therefore AGP is a possibility.

Sounds like all ahead, slllooowwww to me. I would watch out for FR, I guess they will be talking with MAN about fees and what they can do to expand, as MAN Management may have got their heads out of their A$$'s.

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting Col (Reply 245):
Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 244):

Sounds like all ahead, slllooowwww to me. I would watch out for FR, I guess they will be talking with MAN about fees and what they can do to expand, as MAN Management may have got their heads out of their A$$'s.

Absolutely, U2 will have to on their guard but they have the aircraft to throw at MAN if needs be and both U2 and FR co exist relatively peacefully at LTN, STN, LPL and MAD. Should be ok.

MANmatt

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Another airline expanding at MAN is Air Blue. The airline increases its flights to daily to Islamabad via Trabzon, starting this evening.

Matt

Humberside

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:14 pm

FR have announced hardly any summer expansion yet so should have plenty of unallocated aircraft (probably initially assigned for MXP). So plenty of planes for LPL and maybe even MAN. And with EZY probably not expanding in the North West until Winter 08/09 they can get a head start ofnEZY
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

David_itl

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Quoting ScottieDog (Reply 243):
On top of easyJet that sounds like good news for the punters, but maybe not for the established airlines??

In terms of prospective capacity on offer in 2 and a bit years time compared to the situation on 16th December 2007 (posted simliar item on another board, but not Pprune those who know my handle there!!):

Adding 3 easyJet 156s seat A319s operating 3 sectors each day makes about 1,000,000 available seats to fill.

Even if FR were to base just 2 189 seat 738s operating 3 sectors each day, means a further 800,000 seats available.

So that's a hell of a jump: it works out to be an 8% increase for MAN from only 2 airlines growth if I done my sums right.....and this does not factor in U2 operating xxx-MAN-xxx!

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 pm

Depending on whether U2 stick with PFO and TFS after Summer 08, one aircraft atleast would only likely to be making 2 trips (4 sectors). Another fact for you number crunches is that GT aircraft will be having another capacity increase, the second in 18 months. The A320's will be increasing a row to 174 seats. The reconfigs should be starting in February and during this time aircraft will also be white tailed. EZY branding to be added to aircraft on the night before the launch of EZY across the GT network.

CYatUK

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 250):
Depending on whether U2 stick with PFO and TFS after Summer 08, one aircraft atleast would only likely to be making 2 trips (4 sectors).

I hope they keep PFO even add LCA. With the current duopoly MAN-Cyprus flights are usually expensive especially during peak seasons - Christmas, Easter and then all the months from April to October.

September is usually fully booked inbound to MAN due to the high numbers of students arriving

GT4EZY

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:38 pm

Quoting CYatUK (Reply 251):
Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 250):
Depending on whether U2 stick with PFO and TFS after Summer 08, one aircraft atleast would only likely to be making 2 trips (4 sectors).

I hope they keep PFO even add LCA. With the current duopoly MAN-Cyprus flights are usually expensive especially during peak seasons - Christmas, Easter and then all the months from April to October.

September is usually fully booked inbound to MAN due to the high numbers of students arriving

PFO is a busy route yes and GT has built a strong customer base of ex pats. Being a very small base at MAN (hence fewer crew numbers, we see pax on a regular basis on the route.