access-air

RE: Don't Eat Fish On My Plane!

Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting TF39 (Reply 31):
Quoting TrvlnMan (Reply 27):
What's Durian?

It's fruit native to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei with a "very" interesting odor (wiki for more info). If you can get by the smell and actually taste it, some folks really enjoy it. Having tried it several times, I am not one of those folks.

As to the smell though, it is offensive enough to where it is banned in places (subways, hotels) so as not to offend people. I won't try to describe the smell but a mix of rotted flesh, vommit, really bad body odor is how I classify it (although the BO might be me Wink )

If you ever have the chance to try it though, please do so. It will broaden your horizons Big grin

Saw Anthony Bourdain's Show No Reservations and he was in Indonesia and the realted areas and he was eating this Durian...And he had very much the same thing to say about it....About how it smells and where it is banned, but they showed him mowing away on it like it was his very last meal.... Smile

Back to the subject, I can understand food smells that can be bad but eventually they should dissipate....However, sitting ona plane where someone removes their shoes and you can smell those puppies from the out side of the plane if you were sitting there is pretty disgusting....I was flying on NW from SEA to MSP back in 1998 and I was in 1st class.. You would have thought it was an "in search of oder eaters convention" . Great Mother of Maude Adams, it was all I could do to keep my food down....One barefoot guy even had the balls to slump down in his seat and put both his maloderous feet on the bulkhead....I was so relieved when I got off that frigging flight............

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

aa87

Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:35 am

I'm assuming this post is close to winding down, but can't resist my 2 cents. The news item was awfully thin on facts yet that didn't stop so many here from mouthing off. The pax is merely quoted as saying compensation, like a ticket to Hawaii, wouldn't erase the embarassment and humiliation. No mention of a lawsuit, or money, except by A.netters. I agree fully being Jewish is irrelevant, unless they were singled out for that reason. And here's the clincher ... none of us were there, no witnesses are mentioned, and none of us can possibly judge that. As for the blanket defense of UA crews, like us they'e all individuals. Most are fantastic professionals and people, some are nasty and power-hungry. I experience both kinds on most flights. Easy for me to envision the crew being rude and nasy simply because in the post-911 world, cutbacks, etc. -- and UA has long been known for uniquely abysmal morale and service -- crews have little tolerance for anything that adds to their thought or workload. I try to be mindful of that and avoid doing so.

I agree w posts above that sounds like enough blame to go around. My family and I keep strictly kosher, a few years ago my wife opened sardines after t/o and a pax shortly thereafter whipped around and glared at her. We thought it was amusing at the time, but of course she was wrong and hasn't done that again. There's plenty of kosher options that won't add to cabin friction, so just stick with those. And unfortunately, when crew are rude or nasty, chances are pretty good they're doing it b/c that's the current culture, not b/c of your ethnicity.

Halophila

Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 am

Forgive me, but I am unfamiliar with most kosher traditions. Is fish the only thing that orthodox jews can eat on the day they were flying? Is there a reason they couldn't have something less pungent?

To be honest different people find different smells offensive. I'm actually (psychosomatically I guess) allergic to the odor of newsprint, which makes my life hell when someone wants to read the paper int he seat next to me. But I deal with it the best I can because it would be ludicrous to complain about it in a public place. Foot odor, body odor, tobacco smell from someone who has just finished a cigarette before boarding, etc. all are offensive to people in different severities, but there isn't anything that you can do about it. I used to be disgusted by the smell of omelets they served on airlines for breakfast; again, I don't really see the difference between fish and omelets in this case.

Quoting TF39 (Reply 20):
tube of durian paste

LOL. Yes, now that would make everyone sick.
Flown on A36 310 319 320 321 332 333 343 388 350 707 717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 741 742 743 744 74SP 757 753 762 763 772 773 77W 787 D10 DC9 M11 M80 M87 CRJ CR7 CR9 CR1000 120 135 145 175 190 146 F28 F50 F70 F100 Tristar

TWA757

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting Flight7E7 (Reply 51):
Airlines should ban all carry on food

Um, sorry, that's not a good idea at all. No offense.

aa87

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting Halophila (Reply 63):
Is fish the only thing that orthodox jews can eat on the day they were flying? Is there a reason they couldn't have something less pungent?

No and no, but fish may be easier w small children since dairy can't be consumed for 6 hours after meat or poultry. However, pasta, cheese, plenty of other options -- and other than "fish" in fact we have no idea what they actually had, and whether pax complaints were reasonable or not.

D328

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 am

It's food, who cares it smells and it will go away, get over it people. At least the lav's didn't over flow. People just wine because they like to hear themselves talk. Maybe next time I fly I will bring fish. Maybe I don't like the smell of certain food, but I don't complain. Everyone will not like something about everything, just suck it up and move on. Damn you'll live. Fat people roll over in my seat a lot when I fly, I know it happens I live with it, live with the smell, you won't die. People have needs, tough luck. What it may smell maybe 40 mins out of a 3 hour flight. Gezz, everyone is just being a baby, and jealous they brought food and the other people were dumb and didn't. And my post will probably be deleted because of people on here. Oh well at least I said my peace.

airplanenut

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:09 am

Quoting Flight7E7 (Reply 51):
Certainly, today more than ever, there are enough food choices in the airport, many even with large food courts, to plan to grab a bite before flying.

To be fair, try finding anything worthwhile to eat at an airport that's kosher. I can usually find some snack crackers, a candy bar, and a drink... nothing cooked, nothing that can close to resemble a meal.

That said, if what was brought on was as pungent as it sounds, yes, they made a mistake and shouldn't have had it. Until an unbiased observer chimes in, there's no way to know if the UA crew asked him politely first to get rid of the food somehow, or if they immediately overreacted. I'm not going to pick a side because there aren't enough facts here, but it does seem like there might have been overreactions on both sides.
Why yes, in fact, I am a rocket scientist...

Mir

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:28 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 33):
Fish? There is fish served on airplanes all the time, even in United's own BOB boxes. It shouldn't be an issue.

Not all fish meals are created equal. Some fish is very mild tasting (and smelling), and others are not - it all depends on the way you prepare it (and to a lesser extent what kind of fish it is). So I wouldn't dismiss the F/A's concern out of hand just because it was fish.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Motorhussy

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 am

Why can't an airline like UA organise some buy-on-board items that serve a few minority dietary requirements and yet appeal to many of the majority as well. Say:

* A Halal-Kosher non-vegetarian option to suit the meat eating members of the flying public as well as Moslems and Red-Sea-Pedestrians.

* A Kosher-Halal vegetarian option to suit most Vego's, many-Hindus and some followers of Islam and a few who followed Moses out of Egypt.

And further:

* A gluten free variation of both of the above to suit both the meat-eating and non-meat-eating coeliacs among the various religious minorities, majorities and infidels alike.

* An egg-free, dairy-free, peanut-free version too to suit the vegans and violently allergic among us.

Whatever the airlines choose to serve to please their flying public, minorities and majorities (whatever they are these days) alike, you can bet that they'll never choose a hot fish dish as they are generally quite smelly and offensive to many.

If the family weren't Jewish, they'd just be called a pack of whiners though it seems to me they may be a pack of whiners who also happen to be Jewish.

Interesting that the media report chose not to quote anyone from the airline or indeed any other passengers - weren't working too hard for their story now were they.

Regards
MH
come visit the south pacific

EWRCabincrew

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:50 am

Quoting MotorHussy (Reply 69):
Why can't an airline like UA organise some buy-on-board items that serve a few minority dietary requirements and yet appeal to many of the majority as well

Probably because of the chance they will go unsold and be lost revenue as opposed to something more appealing to a wider audience. Just a guess.
You can't cure stupid

Qatara340

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:51 am

But, from what I understand Kosher food contains a wide variety of foods, not only Fish--similar to the Islamic practice of Halal foods. Couldn't they just bring in a bag of chips or a simple cheese sandwhich to keep them alive during the short trip?
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

EWRCabincrew

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:55 am

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 71):
Couldn't they just bring in a bag of chips or a simple cheese sandwhich to keep them alive during the short trip?

Yes. But then again, those passengers and crew were flying on their plane.  Yeah sure  Wink
You can't cure stupid

Motorhussy

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:56 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 70):

Probably because of the chance they will go unsold and be lost revenue as opposed to something more appealing to a wider audience.

Didn't REALLY read my post did you? Just a guess.
come visit the south pacific

EWRCabincrew

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:01 am

Quoting MotorHussy (Reply 73):
Didn't REALLY read my post did you? Just a guess.

Not entirely. My bad. Big grin
You can't cure stupid

deltajet757

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:34 am

I hate the smel of fish and seafood in general. Makes me sick. I was on a UA 752 going to KOA once and I guess they were serving crab or something (in first class) but it stunk up the cabin pretty bad and it was right when we were encountering a bunch of turbulance which never makes me sick, but with the crab smell it almost me barf.

This is what I have to say to the airlines and passengers......

PLEASE DO NOT SERVE OR BRING SEAFOOD OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT STINKS ONTO THE PLANE TO EAT!!!!!! The smell lingers and takes forever to leave. It makes the people who get sick on a normal flight get even sicker and and it pretty much pisses everyone off. So please, NO SEAFOOD OR SMELLY STUFF!!!!!

Quoting TF39 (Reply 20):
"maybe this fish smell might make others uncomfortable"

It doesn't matter what religion you practice if any, just don't only think about yourself all the time.

Quoting Sh0rtybr0wn (Reply 14):
Tolerance and understanding is the key word when you cramped in a metal tube for hours.

checkmark  Exactly.

All it takes is some common sense. That's all.

-DeltaJet757
FLY DELTA JETS

Lemurs

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:05 am

Quoting Deltajet757 (Reply 75):
PLEASE DO NOT SERVE OR BRING SEAFOOD OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT STINKS ONTO THE PLANE TO EAT!!!!!! The smell lingers and takes forever to leave. It makes the people who get sick on a normal flight get even sicker and and it pretty much pisses everyone off. So please, NO SEAFOOD OR SMELLY STUFF!!!!!

You do realize that airlines serve fish all the time, right?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

MEA-707

Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:38 pm

Quoting TrvlnMan (Reply 46):
I'm sure it was because I was wearing a (Black Power or Gay Pride) t-shirt...." it is as if they were trying to claim being victims of discrimination. MEA's quote was just applying to the comments made by the passenger....

Thanks! That was indeed the point I was trying to make. I didn't want to generalize in any way and I was shocked that two posters interpreted my comment like that.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

bok269

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 54):
The airline owes them nothing. The airline didn't bring the stink on the plane. They did. Maybe we should all just start bring smelly food on board. Maybe we shouldn't shower before a flight either. Maybe we can have a few burritos before a trip if you know what I mean? After all it couldn't possibly be my fault for causing a smell.

I agree they shouldn't have brought the food on board if it would bother other customers. However, a nasty and humiliating response (if that is indeed what happened) is never warranted. The pax likely didn't realize their food would be offensive.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

UncleBuck

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:13 pm

not to be grossly offensive, but F/As don't kick people off for smelling bad. It is widely accepted and known in the airline industry, and I'm not afraid to point this out, that certain people in certain cultures smell absolutely terrible- I'm not generalizing that ALL people from a certain area or culture smell bad- actually, certain people from all areas smell bad. american, mexican, jewish, middle eastern, indian, etc. but in certain cultures it's more prominent. For example, I had a passenger once who was connecting from India that smelled absolutely unacceptable. He alone smelled up an entire 5 rows- 2 behind him, 2 in front, and of course his row. Did we kick him off because the smell bothered the passengers around him, especially the poor 2 people on each side of his middle seat? No. Would I ever consider kicking someone off the plane for smelling bad? No. As a flight attendant, at most, I would have asked that family to please bring their meal to the back galley to eat away from the people that complained.

drewwright

Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:03 pm

People can be refused boarding/deplaned for smelling bad, especially if that foul smell might suggest potential hazard to public health. The comfort and well-being of the other passengers is always considered before that of a solitary, smelly passenger. One episode of "Airline" on A&E showed how WN dealt with a smelly guy. Be it body odor, stinky food, nail polish, perfume, etc., it is better to offend one person than to offend a whole cabin.

UAL4ever

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:14 am

Even as an Orthodox Jew I doubt that they were being singled out because of their religion. That being said, I am more disturbed by this as a UA premier executive than an Orthodox Jew. Being that there are many dietary restrictions I bring my own fod on the plane on a regular basis and I have never had a problem. If someone had complained about my food I would be appalled simply because there is no rule about what I can or can not bring with me on the plane to eat. I have been in many situations where a passenger has brought different unpleasant smelling foods on the plane (mcdonalds...) and I have never complained because it is not my business. What the FA and pilot did was horrible.

N1120A

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 am

Quoting Doug_Or (Reply 30):
While the idea of purposely arming passnegers with these little stink bombs always struck me as poorly thought out,

I don't think so. United actually offers a box that is nutritionally sane and suitable for people who don't like red meat or heavily processed foods.

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 33):
It is unlikely that UA's food would meet this standard.

Actually, pretty much every airline's kosher meal is Glatt Kosher.

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 33):
While you may be right about those options being available, keep in mind there are varying levels of Kashrut.

I do realize that

Quoting Flight7E7 (Reply 44):
Furthermore, eat before you get on the damn plane if you must.

If you must? So we shouldn't eat at all?

Why do people think they cannot suvive a 3 hour run like CMH-DEN without filling their mouths?

It is significantly healthier to eat every 2-3 hours. Further, even people on 3 meals a day will eat at certain times.

Certainly, today more than ever, there are enough food choices in the airport, many even with large food courts, to plan to grab a bite before flying.

First, this specific family would not likely have been able to get food from the airport food court. Second, airport food options are often abject junk food. Third, the time someone is in an airport may well not be an appropriate time for them to eat.

Quoting Mir (Reply 57):
So I wouldn't dismiss the F/A's concern out of hand just because it was fish.

United's own BOB not only uses tuna, but chunk light tuna, which has a rather distinct smell. I really don't think it should matter. Further, even smoked herring doesn't smell so bad as to really annoy other people.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Lemurs

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:29 am

I'd also like to point out that many people have different ideas of what constitues smelly food. I was raised in an Italian household, so the poster above who mentioned the horrible abomination of a garlic roast beef sandwich makes me scratch my head. While garlic is certainly pungent, I never have considered it bad smelling...in fact, I can think of very few things in the world that smell better than roasted garlic. So does that mean we have to adhere to his standard of what smells bad, or mine? I am sure your average traveler from South East Asia feels the same way about curries or other pungent dishes that they're used to smelling. This is not an objective topic, and yet you people who are excoriating this man seem to feel it is. Your opinion on what smells bad does not make for hard fact.

I'd really like to know what was so special about this fish. The only time fishy smells are really unappetizing for myself and most of the people I know is when the fish is actually going bad, like the smell at a seaside wharf. Tuna, salmon, herring...this is all innocuous stuff folks. The fact is that there are no rules for what kinds of particular foods can be brought onto an airplane, and people with particular dietary needs have every right to bring their own food on board based on the regulations of the airlines. I am sure there was a way for the F/A to work something out with the passenger without humiliating them, they just chose not to go that route. Whether it had anything to do with religion or just bad F/A manners (of which there is plenty), I have no idea.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

jfk69

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Furthermore, eat before you get on the damn plane if you must. Certainly, today more than ever, there are enough food choices in the airport, many even with large food courts, to plan to grab a bite before flying. Why do people think they cannot suvive a 3 hour run like CMH-DEN without filling their mouths?

I flew JFK -SEA back in June and we encountered a 3 and a half hour weather delay on the tarmac before out 5 and a half hour flight......Not 3 hours now is it.

back to the topic. I am an Orthodox Jew that flies fairly often. I always pack my own food as I have become accustomed to not finding anything worthwhile in the terminal. In JFK you can usually find some tuna or cheese sandwiches but that is about it. Everywhere else in the country your best bet is crackers and some starbucks like UAL4EVER mentioned.

I was obviously not on the flight and I don't have the F/A's side but I have to side with them on this one. Use some common sense people. Stop bringing food that has potential to smell. Yes a turkey sub may offend someone but lets be honest. I have a better chance of eating a deli sandwich without bothering anyone opposed to a fish sandwich. I doubt religion has anything to do with this as I was on a flight 3 weeks ago from JFK-PIT and the person 4 rows ahead broke out a dish that had curry in it (The passengers was WHITE and not Indian). The whole plane stunk and you can tell people were not liking it. The F/A asked the passenger nicely if he could just take another bite or two and put it away for obvious reasons. He gladly did and all was well.

bok269

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 71):
Actually, pretty much every airline's kosher meal is Glatt Kosher.

True, however UA doesn't offer a Kosher meal in Y.

UncleBuck

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting Jfk69 (Reply 73):
I flew JFK -SEA back in June and we encountered a 3 and a half hour weather delay on the tarmac before out 5 and a half hour flight......Not 3 hours now is it.

he wasn't talking about a 5-6 hour scheduled flight with an added 3 and a half hour delay.

He was talking about a 3 hour flight from CMH to DEN i do believe.

yowza

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 pm

The pilot is obviously a world class asshole for being as brash as he was, but frankly this whole incidnet should have been avoided with a little thinking. I hate the smell of fish (hint hint to my neighbour in 609) it literally makes me gag. Why you would bring something that could potentially cause a disturbance on board is totally beyond me. An seriosuly how long is the flight from Denver to Columbus that you couldn't wait?

YOWza

ContnlEliteCMH

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:41 pm

Airlines should ban all carry on food, unless it is for medical reasons only-eg. diabetic, hypoglicemic,etc... and would be made to provide the medical note or card to prove they need it (the food).

Furthermore, eat before you get on the damn plane if you must. Certainly, today more than ever, there are enough food choices in the airport, many even with large food courts, to plan to grab a bite before flying. Why do people think they cannot suvive a 3 hour run like CMH-DEN without filling their mouths?

Fly much? Maybe you have all the time in the world when flying, but when you've got a tight connection after a two hour flight, and you have another three hour flight, sometimes you can't sit down and have a meal. And maybe you have work to do so you'd like something to keep your productivity high. Or maybe your flight lands at midnight, after which you have to rent a car, then drive to your hotel, and then check in, and you don't want to tack on the extra 20 minutes at the end of the day when you have a 7:30 AM meeting the next morning.

Perhaps you can just afford a private jet and then you won't have to worry. Maybe airlines should ban all passengers who want to ban carry on food unless they have a medical reason for flying. Oh, and be sure to bring your medical excuse card, or the airline won't let you on the plane. See how snobby that sounds?
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

N1120A

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:46 pm

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 74):

True, however UA doesn't offer a Kosher meal in Y.

On flights where they offer a meal at all, they do.

Looking at their BOB, it looks as if the Right Bite box I have been talking about appears to consist entirely of Kosher/Parve ingredients.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

gigneil

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:15 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 6):
On one hand, I have some difficulty believing an FA said this:
"If you don't trash the food, I'll trash you. "

Why? I've heard many, many F/As being far more rude.

Quoting GeorgiaAME (Reply 10):
My standard inflight picnic usually includes American caviar, creme freshe, shrimp, and decent chocolate cookies

What an eclectic assortment.

NS

jfk69

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting UncleBuck (Reply 75):
he wasn't talking about a 5-6 hour scheduled flight with an added 3 and a half hour delay.

He was talking about a 3 hour flight from CMH to DEN i do believe.

OK...so add a 3 hour delay to that flight and its still pretty miserable.

UncleBuck

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:35 am

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 80):

OK...so add a 3 hour delay to that flight and its still pretty miserable.

and the flight this thread was started about didn't have a 3 hour delay. the topic is about a 3 hour flight from CMH to DEN with no ground delay, not a 3 hour flight with a 3 hour delay, not your 5.5 hour JFK to SEA flight, and not your JFK-SEA 5.5 hour flight with an added 3 hour delay.

let's stay on topic here.

Lemurs

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:43 am

Quoting UncleBuck (Reply 81):
and the flight this thread was started about didn't have a 3 hour delay. the topic is about a 3 hour flight from CMH to DEN with no ground delay, not a 3 hour flight with a 3 hour delay, not your 5.5 hour JFK to SEA flight, and not your JFK-SEA 5.5 hour flight with an added 3 hour delay.

...which of course, you have no way of being sure about when you leave home. When you are leaving on a trip where you know you will not be able to pick up food easily should something happen, you have to plan and pack ahead of time planning for such an emergency. If you can't eat anything at the airport and you find out while sitting at the gate that you now have a 4 hour delay, you are stuck. The fact that there WASN'T a delay has nothing to do with how you PLAN for a trip.

When I take business trips that are time-critical, I always make sure I know about alternate plans well before I leave the airport, and I always make sure to keep things I might need in case of a delay or cancelation on hand, including food. You can't assume just because everything is A.OK when you leave home that it will stay that way.

UncleBuck

Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting Lemurs (Reply 82):
.which of course, you have no way of being sure about when you leave home. When you are leaving on a trip where you know you will not be able to pick up food easily should something happen, you have to plan and pack ahead of time planning for such an emergency. If you can't eat anything at the airport and you find out while sitting at the gate that you now have a 4 hour delay, you are stuck. The fact that there WASN'T a delay has nothing to do with how you PLAN for a trip.

When I take business trips that are time-critical, I always make sure I know about alternate plans well before I leave the airport, and I always make sure to keep things I might need in case of a delay or cancelation on hand, including food. You can't assume just because everything is A.OK when you leave home that it will stay that way.

well aware of this, just don't see where all of a sudden the topic changed to a 5.5 hour flight with a 3 hour delay than the original 3 hour flight. not saying people shouldn't bring food on the plane, not saying delays don't happen- just saying there wasn't a need to start talking about someone else's 5.5 hour flight w/ a 3 hour delay that contributed nothing to the post, which, neither is this back and forth crap, so let's drop it because this is silly. this forum was started about whether the flight crew in question was wrong or rather the passengers. my opinion is the flight crew (as a member of flight crew myself), and don't see where all this other stuff came into play.

silentbob

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting UAL4ever (Reply 70):
If someone had complained about my food I would be appalled simply because there is no rule about what I can or can not bring with me on the plane to eat.

Just because there is no rule against something, doesn't mean you can/should do it. It's common courtesy, something that is seriously lacking in society lately. You really shouldn't bring anything pungent onto an aircraft, be it food or cheap perfume.

bok269

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 78):
On flights where they offer a meal at all, they do.

Correct. I neglected this in my previous post. However, this was a flight where a specific Glatt Kosher meal is not available.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 78):
Looking at their BOB, it looks as if the Right Bite box I have been talking about appears to consist entirely of Kosher/Parve ingredients.

It is very possible that it is, however it is important to keep in mind that a snackbox really doesn't constitute a meal. Additionally, it is possible that the family in question didn't know such an option was available or if it woud meet their needs.

wukka

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:31 am

I hate "stinky" food as much as anyone. The problem is that the airline doesn't control the food anymore, so you're going to get some stinky stuff.

As soon as the gate agent announces, "There is no meal served on this flight, however you are free to bring food onboard."

There is no disclaimer in the announcement that "it can't stink, though"

Well, now you hyper-olfactory nuts go all wild and want to throw up at the smell of whatever you don't like, and then call these people selfish idiots.

Don't blame the people in the article. Blame Great Steak and Fry, Starbucks, Cinnabon, or whatever your poison is, and especially the airline for letting that garbage on the plane in the first place... since they no longer want to be responsible for food and all.

...then to have representatives of the airline bitch about their own policy?

Hell yeah these people deserve an apology.

Seems that most of the mouth breathers out here whining shouldn't notice the smell in the first place, though.  Sad
We can agree to disagree.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos