Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

itsnotfinals

RE: Skybus Reportedly Picks GSO As New Focus City

Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Quoting Rbgso (Reply 99):
Side question - what is service on Allegiant like?

Very similiar to SX. no assigned seats unless you pay extra (but you can pick an acutal seat instead of just pre-boarding like SX offers), you pay for food and drinks, and they serve smaller airports also. All tickets can only be bought on the G4 website, etc.
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

CitrusCritter

Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 100):
Very similiar to SX. no assigned seats unless you pay extra (but you can pick an acutal seat instead of just pre-boarding like SX offers), you pay for food and drinks, and they serve smaller airports also. All tickets can only be bought on the G4 website, etc.

True, but G4 also seems to have a very positive company attitude. Most of the upper management was at ValuJet, and you can tell the ValuJet on-board spirit is something they have taken to G4. In my experience Allegiant has had very friendly on-board staff, but at the outstations they outsource ticketing.
- CitrusCritter
Long Live the 717!
XNA

itsnotfinals

Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

Quoting CitrusCritter (Reply 101):
In my experience Allegiant has had very friendly on-board staff, but at the outstations they outsource ticketing.

Similiar to SX also. Every one I have spoken to that have flown on SX say the experience has been good and employee's are friendly and not pushy in selling on board items.

Living by IWA I am looking forward to G4 service launching this week!

quagmire123

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:05 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 23):
I'm sure flight loads aren't their problem. Cheap fares are easy to fill. I have a hard time believing that they are making much money, especially on longer runs, on $10-$50 fares. Also, the internet is awash in horror stories about them.

People that are satisfied rarely posts stuff....it's the people that have bad experiences, no matter what the ratio compared to good experiences, that will lash out on the internet.....for every bad experience posted, I'm sure there are hundreds of people that had postive experiences.

luv2fly

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Quoting Quagmire123 (Reply 103):
People that are satisfied rarely posts stuff....it's the people that have bad experiences, no matter what the ratio compared to good experiences, that will lash out on the internet.....for every bad experience posted, I'm sure there are hundreds of people that had postive experiences.

This is very true, I read a book once that said if your happy with something you tell like one or two people, if you are not happy it is something like ten people who you tell.
You can cut the irony with a knife

delta767

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:28 pm

The local business journal said that SX will base up to three planes at GSO. Will that cover all of the daily destinations they are planning?

gsoflyer

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Quote:
The local business journal said that SX will base up to three planes at GSO. Will that cover all of the daily destinations they are planning?

It said base 3 planes initially. I think one will be based in Portsmouth, one in Burbank, three in GSO and six in Columbus.

I also read in another paper that by spring, Skybus plans 1 daily (well 5 to 6 days per week) to the Bahamas from the new focus city and Columbus.

And before you people starting dumping on GSO to the Bahamas, how will that work. Take a look at loads from CLT to the Bahamas or the old direct flights from RDU. Then you can answer your question.

But GSO would have to bring the old passport control station out of storage from the Air Canada days.

As for service on Skybus, another guy at work took them to Columbus and drove up to Findlay (used to take a connection from Dulles/Chicago to Toledo. More than satisfied with the service. So, I have heard 10 good things about Skybus service and 0 bad so far. Same with Allegiant.

JetBlueGuy2006

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting Gsoflyer (Reply 106):
And before you people starting dumping on GSO to the Bahamas, how will that work. Take a look at loads from CLT to the Bahamas or the old direct flights from RDU. Then you can answer your question.

Hopefully we will hear an official announcement from SX on the new Caribbean routes in the near future
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

luv2fly

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:09 pm

I also read in another paper that by spring, Skybus plans 1 daily (well 5 to 6 days per week) to the Bahamas from the new focus city and Columbus.

But GSO would have to bring the old passport control station out of storage from the Air Canada days.

Since you do customs clearance in the Bahamas why would you have to bring out the passport control from the Air Canada days?
You can cut the irony with a knife

Cubsrule

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:29 pm

Take a look at loads from CLT to the Bahamas

...which are 80+ percent connecting passengers.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

gsoflyer

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:11 pm

I am not talking connecting from CLT, I am talking the O&D on the "charters" which are more glorified bi-daily flights.

And they only do customs clearance in the Bahamas out of certain cities. Nassau for sure, but will Skybus fly into the main airport or a smaller one?

717-200

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 108):
Since you do customs clearance in the Bahamas why would you have to bring out the passport control from the Air Canada days?

There never was any kind of passort control or FIS during the days of AC service at GSO because you pre-cleared US Customs and Immigration before you got on the plane at YYZ.
72S 733 734 735 73G 738 742 752 763 E190 M82 M83

Cubsrule

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Quoting Gsoflyer (Reply 110):
I am not talking connecting from CLT, I am talking the O&D on the "charters" which are more glorified bi-daily flights.

Who flies those?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

billreid

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:56 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 25):
Sarasota/Pt. Charlotte/Ft. Myers is an extremely popular second home destination. How do you know that this added service won't increase demand. If SX offers cheap fares, maybe those with second homes will take trips more often thus increasing the O&D. I will say though that two dailies to GSO might be a bit much. We shall see though. North Carolina is very popular with Floridians.

Delta can't fill a single CMH flight into RSW the worst months of the year so how is SX going to double this factor into PGT? I don't think SX can do it unless they offer the seats at $0.99 per seat. The demand just isn't there 7 months per year!
Some people don't get it. Business is about making MONEY!

itsnotfinals

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 am

Quoting BillReid (Reply 113):
Delta can't fill a single CMH flight into RSW the worst months of the year so how is SX going to double this factor into PGT? I don't think SX can do it unless they offer the seats at $0.99 per seat. The demand just isn't there 7 months per year!

you might want to say" IMHO " here since this is only your opinion and has no fact befind it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos