Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PZ
Topic Author

ASU Starting To Get More Traffic

Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:01 pm

First, hello to everyone! this is my first topic!
ASU is slowly starting to get more traffic. Almost a year ago, PZ was the only option available after AA, RG and other airlines left ASU. Now, a little more than a year after, besides PZ, AeroSur, GOL and AR are operating in ASU. AR returned last monday (22-OCT) to ASU after 6 years with 2 daily flights, a non-stop ASU-EZE flight and a ASU-CORRIENTES-AEROPARQUE flight. There are now 5x daily flights to Buenos Aires (3 PZ, 1 GOL, 2 AR) and 5x daily flights to Sao Paulo (3 PZ, 2 GOL)
I hope this is the beginning of the reactivation of ASU. We still miss AA!

PZ
Topic Author

RE: ASU Starting To Get More Traffic

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:12 pm

any news on AA returning to ASU in 2008?

MAH4546

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:14 pm

American Airlines is returning. Pluna is coming, too.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...+Paraguay&hl=es&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=es

PZ
Topic Author

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Great to see more airlines returning. And I can see why they are returning, all the flights to/from ASU are pack full. I'm going to EZE on tuesday and I had to buy almost a month earlier to get my tickets. I also had a hard time finding tickets to GRU in august.

asuflyer

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:41 pm

It's nice to see another member from Paraguay here!  Smile

PZ
Topic Author

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks Asuflyer! We are all aviatino enthusiasts! We could start a spotting group here in ASU!

PZ
Topic Author

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:55 pm

By the end of the year we should also see a new airline here in ASU, Aerosur Paraguay.

Pu752

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 2):
Pluna is coming, too.

PU plans to serve ASU when the CRJs arrive not now although charter flights are planned for the summer. During the summer PZ do their business with PDP, so Pluna is looking for charter flights from ASU and Guarani (Ciudad del Este) to MVD and PDP this has been informed from those who works at PU,

Quoting PZ (Thread starter):
Now, a little more than a year after, besides PZ, AeroSur, GOL and AR are operating in ASU

Quoting PZ (Reply 6):
By the end of the year we should also see a new airline here in ASU, Aerosur Paraguay

mmm Im not that good speaking guarany but could you explane me those sentences ?

MAH4546

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:01 am

Quoting PU752 (Reply 7):
Quoting PZ (Reply 6):
By the end of the year we should also see a new airline here in ASU, Aerosur Paraguay

mmm Im not that good speaking guarany but could you explane me those sentences ?

AeroSur Bolivia is strongly considering a Paraguayan subsidiary that would, among other things, fly routes to Bolivia, Brazil, and Miami. They have been very successful in Paraguay, with over half their traffic connecting to Miami, and are interested in expanding in the market.

PZ
Topic Author

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:00 pm

Quoting PU752 (Reply 7):
Now, a little more than a year after, besides PZ, AeroSur, GOL and AR are operating in ASU

Quoting PZ (Reply 6):

A year ago, and for a short short while, PZ was the only carrier operating in ASU. Now we have other alternatives, such as AeroSur, GOL, and Aerolineas Argentinas.

Here is a little more info about Aerosur Paraguay (In Spanish): Compañía boliviana de transporte aéreo operará con bandera paraguaya

Pu752

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:10 pm

Quoting PZ (Reply 9):
A year ago, and for a short short while, PZ was the only carrier operating in ASU. Now we have other alternatives, such as AeroSur, GOL, and Aerolineas Argentinas.

I see, I just didn't get if AeroSur was already operating in Paraguay or not.................................You guys are in need of companies like CM and of course AA metal to the states.

PZ
Topic Author

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Quoting PU752 (Reply 10):
I see, I just didn't get if AeroSur was already operating in Paraguay or not.................................You guys are in need of companies like CM and of course AA metal to the states.

We sure do! We need nonstops flights to Europe and MIA

md90fan

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:12 pm

Quoting PU752 (Reply 10):
You guys are in need of companies like CM and of course AA metal to the states.

AA is coming back, and Copa is definetly looking at ASU service.

LAN would be a good fit as well with 732 service from Santiago seeming feasible.

RJ_Delta

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 12):
LAN would be a good fit as well with 732 service from Santiago seeming feasible.

LAN is retiring its B732. Actually LAN serves Asuncion with TAM using a codeshare agreement. LAN has not plan to resume ASU route in the next years.

PZ
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:33 pm

There are a lot of articles (specially in Paraguayan newsparpers) saying that AA is returning next year to ASU. It seems that the source from this information are DINAC (civil aviation administration in Paraguay) employees. But I've been previously reading this kind of rumors about other airlines coming (TACA, Mexicana, etc), and at the end, nothing happens. Does anybody have another source about AA plans on returning to ASU next year?

yellowtail

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 2):
Pluna is coming, too.

I once flew a Pluna 732 MVD-ASU and the flight was packed..so clearly there is some demand...

MAH4546

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Quoting PZ (Reply 14):
But I've been previously reading this kind of rumors about other airlines coming (TACA, Mexicana, etc), and at the end, nothing happens. Does anybody have another source about AA plans on returning to ASU next year?

American Airlines is fully intent on returning. They still have their business offices and employees in Paraguay for this very reason.

CV990

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi!

Welcome PZ to the Airliners.Net forum!!! It's good to have someone from Paraguay in this place, I hope you like and "pump" us with news regarding paraguayan aviation. I was in ASU back to June 2004 for a few days, I had a meeting there and because I was in CWB I flew from there to ASU via Foz do Iguaçu with TAM Mercosur. The light was fantastic, it was my first time in TAM and in a Fokker 100 but surely that plane really fits in those routes.
ASU airport was quite good, not very big but with good activity, when I was there waiting for my return flight, also with TAM Mercosur that was coming from SCL and it had a long milk run to go....after ASU he stopped again in Foz do Iguaçu, then CWB and then he was going to EZE!!! But has I was saying I saw RG 737-300, at least two more TAM Mercosur flights with Fokker 100, and of course the AA 767-300 that was returning to USA via GIG to MIA.
Our flight back to CWB was preformed by a full paraguayan crew....I still remember the name of the Capt. is name was Aquino, a nice little fellow that shortly before we landed he passed by the aisle and did "old school" chat with passengers, I talked a bit with him and he said that after take-off he needed to make a deviation north to Rosario, to avoid a big thunderstorm, but everything went fine and smooth. I have excellent memories from my days in Paraguay, I still have the cuya and mate that I got at the airport! In July 2009 I'll be back to ASU so I'm looking forward to find the best way to get there....I know TAP have plans to fly to EZE, so I might flight with TAP from LIS to EZE and from there I'll pick TAM Mercosur again to ASU...we'll see!
A bit aside of the topic just to let you know that Cardozo is scoring good in my favourite team here, Benfica, yesterday one more goal...that fellow have a wonderfull left foot!!!
Regards

PZ
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi CV990! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! The Fokker 100s are really nice airplanes, but PZ is replacing them with A320s! Aquino is a friend of mine, he used to be a LAP (Lineas Aereas Paraguayas) pilot. PZ has little differences with JJ, one of them is that PZs crew are paraguayans.
Now you have other choices to fly from EZE, you can choose from TAM, GOL and Aerolineas Argentinas! Let me know if you come here again and we will go flying to other places in Paraguay!

Quoting CV990 (Reply 17):
A bit aside of the topic just to let you know that Cardozo is scoring good in my favourite team here, Benfica, yesterday one more goal...that fellow have a wonderfull left foot!!!
Regards

Oscar "Tacuara" Cardozo! I was reading today that he scored on sunday! He is one of the promises of paraguayan football, I hope he scores more goals!

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 16):
American Airlines is fully intent on returning. They still have their business offices and employees in Paraguay for this very reason.

American doesn't have an office here in Paraguay anymore, they closed the offices and if you want to buy a ticket from them you have to call the Peru office. And as far as I know, they fired all the employees here in Paraguay.

MAH4546

Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am

Quoting PZ (Reply 18):

American doesn't have an office here in Paraguay anymore, they closed the offices and if you want to buy a ticket from them you have to call the Peru office. And as far as I know, they fired all the employees here in Paraguay.

They still have, AFAIK, two employees. The office is managerial, not a ticket office.

CV990

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:01 am

Hi!

Quoting PZ (Reply 18):
Aquino is a friend of mine, he used to be a LAP (Lineas Aereas Paraguayas) pilot.

Isn't this interesting??? We are really in a small world...hey, when you see him next time tell him that a portuguese guy had a great flight comanded by him!!!

Quoting PZ (Reply 18):
Now you have other choices to fly from EZE, you can choose from TAM, GOL and Aerolineas Argentinas! Let me know if you come here again and we will go flying to other places in Paraguay!

Yeah, I'll try to find out the best airline that will fit with my schedule and.....surely I'll let you know when I return to ASU!!! This time I MUST visit Chaco...everybody is telling me that a great place to see and surely I'll accept your invitation!!! We'll keep in touch!
Regards

MAH4546

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 am

Here's a cool retro piece from ten years ago, the PR newswire from AA's 1997 announcement of non-stop Miami-Asunción service. The route never started though. It was delayed twice.

AMERICAN AIRLINES

American Airlines to begin non-stop service between Miami & Asuncion, Dec 1

American Airlines will begin daily non-stop jet service between its Miami hub and Asuncion, Paraguay on Dec. 1, using 165-seat Boeing 767 aircraft. The service is available for sale in the computerized reservation system used by travel agents and airlines.

"Asuncion is another example of the steps we are taking to strengthen the Miami hub and enhance Miami's position as the premier gateway to Latin America," said Peter J. Dolara, American's senior vice president-Miami, the Caribbean and Latin America.

"Latin America is a dynamic and growing market," Dolara said, "and this new service will focus more attention on Miami by making it easier and more convenient to travel to and from Paraguay's capital city."

The non-stop service will replace the Sao Paulo-Asuncion service which is currently being offered as a continuation of an American flight between Miami and Sao Paulo.

American and American Eagle operate a total of 248 daily departures at the Miami hub, providing broad service for local residents and easy connections for travelers who want to go beyond Miami to Latin America, the Caribbean, and other parts of Florida.

Here is the Miami-Asuncion schedule:

MIAMI TO ASUNCION: DEPARTS: 11: 30 p.m. (Eastern time) ARRIVES: 9: 17 a.m. (Asuncion time)

ASUNCION TO MIAMI: DEPARTS: 10: 45 a.m. (Asuncion time) ARRIVES: 4: 58 p.m. (Eastern time)

The Miami-Asuncion non-stops will feature American's award-winning International Flagship Service.

(C)PRNewswire, 1997

hardiwv

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:34 am

returned last monday (22-OCT) to ASU after 6 years with 2 daily flights, a non-stop ASU-EZE flight and a ASU-CORRIENTES-AEROPARQUE flight.

I think the AEP-ASU service is only 3 x week, while EZE-ASU operates daily.

There are now 5x daily flights to Buenos Aires (3 PZ, 1 GOL, 2 AR) and 5x daily flights to Sao Paulo (3 PZ, 2 GOL)

Quoting CV990 (Reply 17):
....I know TAP have plans to fly to EZE, so I might flight with TAP from LIS to EZE and from there I'll pick TAM Mercosur again to ASU...we'll see!

I dont think TAP will serve either EZE or SCL.

Rgs,

CV990

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:44 am

Hi!

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 22):
I dont think TAP will serve either EZE or SCL.

Well but TAP used to serve EZE in the past ( just over a few years ago they stopped ) and they still have offices there!
Regards

Neo

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:12 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 23):
Well but TAP used to serve EZE in the past ( just over a few years ago they stopped ) and they still have offices there!
Regards

You kidding right? TP stopped flying to EZE a long time ago!!!

Rgs,

Neo

marcus380

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:42 am

First, hello to everyone! this is my first topic!
ASU is slowly starting to get more traffic. Almost a year ago, PZ was the only option available after AA, RG and other airlines left ASU. Now, a little more than a year after, besides PZ, AeroSur, GOL and AR are operating in ASU. AR returned last monday (22-OCT) to ASU after 6 years with 2 daily flights, a non-stop ASU-EZE flight and a ASU-CORRIENTES-AEROPARQUE flight. There are now 5x daily flights to Buenos Aires (3 PZ, 1 GOL, 2 AR) and 5x daily flights to Sao Paulo (3 PZ, 2 GOL)
I hope this is the beginning of the reactivation of ASU. We still miss AA!

Interesting....
Do you know which Airplane is used by bu AR to Fly ASU-EZE-ASU ?
We are flying cargo from ASU to CDG, and the monopoly from TAM made it difficult to negotiate...
However the arrival from the A320 on some TAM ASU-EZE flight was very good, since the cargo capacity of the Fokker 100 had a maxumum of 500 kgs !

regards
Marcus

CV990

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi!

Quoting Neo (Reply 24):
You kidding right? TP stopped flying to EZE a long time ago!!!

TAP stopped to fly to EZE in 1992...so my words "a few years" and yours "long time ago.." depends in your perspective! For me for example long time ago is perhaps from 25 years on!
Regards

PZ
Topic Author

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:54 pm

Quoting Marcus380 (Reply 25):
Interesting....
Do you know which Airplane is used by bu AR to Fly ASU-EZE-ASU ?
We are flying cargo from ASU to CDG, and the monopoly from TAM made it difficult to negotiate...
However the arrival from the A320 on some TAM ASU-EZE flight was very good, since the cargo capacity of the Fokker 100 had a maxumum of 500 kgs !

Hi Marcus, AR is using B735!

I am in Buenos Aires right now, I had a wonderful TAM flight yesturday with the A320, and I'm returning tomorrow to ASU.

SJOtoLIR

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:17 am

AR returned last monday (22-OCT) to ASU after 6 years with 2 daily flights, a non-stop ASU-EZE flight and a ASU-CORRIENTES-AEROPARQUE flight.

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 22):
I think the AEP-ASU service is only 3 x week, while EZE-ASU operates daily.

AEP-CNQ Corrientes-ASU-EZE. 4 times a week with 735.
AEP-RES Resistencia-ASU-EZE. 3 times a week with 735.
EZE-ASU-CNQ Corrientes-AEP. 4 times a week with 735.
EZE-ASU-RES Resistencia-AEP. 3 times a week with 735.
AR is trying to pick up passengers from ASU to both the USA and Europe through EZE.

Regards.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos