Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BW985

RE: Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part Xxii

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi guys!
Could not resist joining this forum any longer.

Just saw that BW has stored 2 new flights in their reservation system. First is Trinidad-Caracas-Trinidad in the morning which connects to their JFK and YYZ routes. Second is POS-TAB-BGI, BGI-TAB-POS in the early afternoon, which connects Tobago to the BA codeshare flight to London Gatwick out of BGI. Both flights would be operated by Q300 aircrafts, but are not bookable as yet, still subject to goverment approval. Seems a good plan to me, wha' allyuh tink?

aa1818

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 95):
Boy AA chicas cannot go close to the ones that CAL have but I am biased towards trini women but now I hear that they brining on guyanese et al so I not too pleased!!

Well I am hoping to do POS again in December so spotting anyone??

Boy them Guyanese flight attendants will have to get used to travelling with small luggage- you know how they like to bring house and land with them when they travel!

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 98):
BW is always cheaper to YYZ than AA or AC.

Thanks for the info! I'm really pleased that Caribbean Airlines seems to be competing aggressively not only with price but also service!! But boy- i'm lined up to get some special 'post-flight service' from AA that I can't even begin to explain on this forum!! hehe No BW chica would be that keen to please the passenger!! heheheheheh

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

BWIA 772

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:34 pm

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 97):
I don't know bout AA1818, BWIA772, but I travel my national airline through thick and thin.

Have you ever looked at booking BGI MIA on CAL?? Why should I be traveling to POS adding basically an extra day of travel on each leg when AA giving you 3 CHOICES and extra days of travel.

Also until CAL forms some meaningful partnership with a larger American carrier, AA will appeal to people like me!!! Besides as I have told you before I do not have the same loyalty to CAL like I did to BW and we all know that this will change when I can do BGI MIA BGI JFK BGI YYZ on CAL so until then AA all the way Big grin

Regards
BWIA 772

Looking forward to my BGI MCO on AA 738 with winglets  rotfl 
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 pm

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 99):

OMG!!!!!! SMOKING COLOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really love the stylized coat of arms and sir turtle on the body. She looks stunning!!!
Great photos!!!
I'm really blown away by that!! Bright, friendly, yet still professional!

Quoting BW985 (Reply 100):
Hi guys!

Just saw that BW has stored 2 new flights in their reservation system. First is Trinidad-Caracas-Trinidad in the morning which connects to their JFK and YYZ routes. Second is POS-TAB-BGI, BGI-TAB-POS in the early afternoon, which connects Tobago to the BA codeshare flight to London Gatwick out of BGI. Both flights would be operated by Q300 aircrafts, but are not bookable as yet, still subject to goverment approval. Seems a good plan to me, wha' allyuh tink?

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!
BW985- you live in Trini? You work in avaition or an avid fan!!
I'm very hyper- 2 essays to write and I just keep downing red bulls!!!

Great news. I think this is the first of the much anticipated aggressive expansion we expected by BW!!!! Congrats to CAL/ CALx. I look forward to flying them to CCS- I was thinking about a few days in CCS in early January. Also nice to see them headed to invade BGI again. BWIA772- you were right about expansion coming in the form of Dash8's!!!

I look forward to more new routes being announced soon!!! Perhaps even some new planes as we continuously wish for.
Anyone find it uncanny that we recently started begging for new route announcements on this forum- especiall BWIA772, Caribbean 484 and myself, and wham there we go!! Let's clamour for some new planes. I think someone is listening to us!! hehehe (or at least i'd like to think so!)

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

BWIA 772

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 pm

Ok I love the Cayman titles but I think the tail could have been better. However as a national livery I give it top marks!!

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 101):

Boy them Guyanese flight attendants will have to get used to travelling with small luggage- you know how they like to bring house and land with them when they travel!

AA you aint lie...if it is one thing that irritates me is being at the luggage carousel with a set of boxes coming out. One time the pepper bus and the whole place begin to smell of pepper...

Welcome!!!

Look ALL OF YOU BAJANS THAT READ THIS JUST JOIN NUH all these trinis on the this forum soon they going to be calling the December topic being called Caribbean Aviation the parang edition lol
Eagles Soar!

BWIA 772

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 103):
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!
I'm very hyper- 2 essays to write and I just keep downing red bulls!!!

Great news. I think this is the first of the much anticipated aggressive expansion we expected by BW!!!! Congrats to CAL/ CALx. I look forward to flying them to CCS- I was thinking about a few days in CCS in early January. Also nice to see them headed to invade BGI again. BWIA772- you were right about expansion coming in the form of Dash8's!!!

I look forward to more new routes being announced soon!!! Perhaps even some new planes as we continuously wish for.
Anyone find it uncanny that we recently started begging for new route announcements on this forum- especiall BWIA772, Caribbean 484 and myself, and wham there we go!! Let's clamour for some new planes. I think someone is listening to us!! hehehe (or at least i'd like to think so!)

Yeah shafted with Dash 8 when we have LI  rotfl 

As for Cayman to honest giving a second look it is a great job, they brought the livery into this century!!!
Eagles Soar!

SLCUT2777

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 86):
FWIW, talk is that Virgin America is looking at launching USA-Caribbean flights, with MIA their main base for those flights, in 2009/10. The Caribbean would be a perfect market for them, especially some of the higher-yielding resort islands.

I think that getting a new player in this market could certainly stir things up, and perhaps it could also be a benefit to MIA since AA is so dominant in the south Florida market, especially going out into the Caribbean and Latin America as a whole.

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 81):
Just thought I would let The Bahamian spotters out there that tomorrow(Monday) Westjet will commence there NAS-YYC service.

It's pretty amazing how Canadian Caribbean service from the western provinces has taken off on the heels of charter operators success in recent years. Even with the Canadian $$$ on par or above its U.S. counterpart, Canadians aren't returning to Hawaii for seasonal tropical getaways in masses.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

jmbweeboy

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 102):
Also until CAL forms some meaningful partnership with a larger American carrier, AA will appeal to people like me!!!

I second this, CAL needs a major U.S. carrier to reciprocate with on frequent flyer mileage and/or award. I got stuck with a ton of Mileage Plus miles when the old BWEE code-shared and recriprocated with United but the arrangement was not continued with CAL. Hoped to use the mileage for tickets to POS, instead I'm going to China!

JMBWEEBOY

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:43 am

Quoting JMBWEEBOY (Reply 107):
I second this, CAL needs a major U.S. carrier to reciprocate with on frequent flyer mileage and/or award. I got stuck with a ton of Mileage Plus miles when the old BWEE code-shared and recriprocated with United but the arrangement was not continued with CAL. Hoped to use the mileage for tickets to POS, instead I'm going to China!

There's no one they could really codeshare with. AA or DL are the obvious two. AA have great networks from MIA and JFK. Also DL has a great network out of JFK and also flies into POS from ATL. Besides those two I don't see how UA could work without IAD, and CO I think is out.

AA1818

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:11 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 108):
There's no one they could really codeshare with. AA or DL are the obvious two. AA have great networks from MIA and JFK. Also DL has a great network out of JFK and also flies into POS from ATL. Besides those two I don't see how UA could work without IAD, and CO I think is out.

Yes UA will have to do, but IAD will have to be back on the route network. IAD was a great potential for BWIA but they never really did much with it at all.
All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:14 am

More trini flags thats great. Yes I saw the flights on amadeus and BWIA772 and myself were discussing it. But I was hoping for more US new routes and more so to BGI.
More 738 and hopefully a new widebodied a/c.

Can anyone tell me what ETOPS CAL operates at because I say GI with the ETOPS signature.
All ah we is one family

miamix707

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:33 am

alright! awesome! I thought I was seeing this...

http://www.airfleets.net/picture/50000/50781.jpg

I'm not too impressed. The titles are too wimpy looking, and it's another frigging BORING WHITE fuselage.

Please paint a line under/through the windows or some fuselage stripes/color and it's a beauty. Too bad because I love how the coat of arms looks on the tail, and sir turtle on the nose.

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:34 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 108):

You hit the nail on the head!! IAD in conjunction with UA could help CAL lessen AA grip that route would need significant development. IMHO CAL has what it takes to make it work, however I thinkw e will be in a better position to say how well and perhaps the amount of time it will take the airline after we see how it does on routes to the US outside GEO and POS!!!

POS election update early days still but it seems as is that in some seats COP has pulled enough votes from UNC to give PNM a slight lead!! San Juan Barataria the last count had PNM Canidate with 1375 UNCA (main opposition) 1350 COP 800+!!!
Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:45 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 112):
You hit the nail on the head!! IAD in conjunction with UA could help CAL lessen AA grip that route would need significant development. IMHO CAL has what it takes to make it work, however I thinkw e will be in a better position to say how well and perhaps the amount of time it will take the airline after we see how it does on routes to the US outside GEO and POS!!!

POS election update early days still but it seems as is that in some seats COP has pulled enough votes from UNC to give PNM a slight lead!! San Juan Barataria the last count had PNM Canidate with 1375 UNCA (main opposition) 1350 COP 800+!!!

Cheers for the election update. I found an up to the minute counter though- trinidadexpres.com has a map and a live update to the count!!

I think BW can make IAD work this time around if they tried it again. Also, I would think BGI-US would come soon. It's a less risky investment than say competing with DL on ATL-POS, or trying POS-CUR-SDQ.

AA1818

bw415

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:52 am

oh gooooshhh check how this forum over heating!!.. I have so much work to do and instead I'm reading about all these new developments!..

On Cayman Airways.. I think I prefer the old livery.. The tail just has too much going on (at least for now).. a bit too much colour.. but I definitely think that it screams national carrier!.. It's fresh and I'm sure it will grow on me.

Welcome to BW985!!!!... TRINIS TAKING OVERRRRR!!.. lol..nice to have another trini here again.

What going on with elections boy??.. I think I gonna call home jus now.

And about CAL's new routes.. I think it makes a lot of sense to have these flights properly timed with the JFK and YYZ flights.. I want to see Air Canada get a run for their money on the CCS route now!.. Also .. what is the frequency of these flights? I imagine 3 times a week?

In respect to CAL getting more planes.. I highly doubt thats happening for the 738 until they turn a profit!.. I could see them acquiring more Dash 8's in 1-2 yrs in order to run more interisland routes as well as keeping the POS-TAB airlift in check.
BWIA 772... man I really doh think CAL coming back into BGI anytime soon and if they do it will be on a limited scale.

And yes.. getting to YYZ is cheapest on CAL.. however for me flying out of YUL worked out cheaper on AA.. as I would have still had to include the cost of the train to YYZ or a flight there which is usually in excess of 300 CAD. But as I said I sticking to CAL now.. at whatever cost! :P

bw415
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 113):
Also, I would think BGI-US would come soon. It's a less risky investment than say competing with DL on ATL-POS, or trying POS-CUR-SDQ.

It will be interesting to see how BGI is going to be developed, initially I suspect there will be an initial concentration on the VFR market with it shifting to the tourist market.

Thanks for the express link!!!

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

A388

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:06 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 106):
It's pretty amazing how Canadian Caribbean service from the western provinces has taken off on the heels of charter operators success in recent years. Even with the Canadian $$$ on par or above its U.S. counterpart, Canadians aren't returning to Hawaii for seasonal tropical getaways in masses.

5G started their seasonal Canada charters to CUR this past sunday. See my photo below:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Roger Cannegieter

A388

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:14 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 114):
BWIA 772... man I really doh think CAL coming back into BGI anytime soon and if they do it will be on a limited scale.

Well we have to wait and see. From what I have heard from fairly reliable sources there has been some indication that CAL is interested in BGI US routes. As I said earlier the market forces do not compel CAL to enter BGI before it wants or has too!! In the mean time JM and AA will consolidate their positions and I will be racking up AA miles

As it relates to the more 738s I think we may see them before they turn a profit!! 484 may be in a better to confirm this but I thought that CAL for Xmas the fleet will be at max utilization!! If we have a growth in traffic next year I suspect that the current network even with the dash 8 taking over some regional ops that we may see the need for more 738s but again I am not to sure...

Yes and Dooks seem to have lost St. Augustine!!!

Regards

[Edited 2007-11-05 18:20:14]

[Edited 2007-11-05 18:22:19]
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:30 am

And about CAL's new routes.. I think it makes a lot of sense to have these flights properly timed with the JFK and YYZ flights.. I want to see Air Canada get a run for their money on the CCS route now!.. Also .. what is the frequency of these flights? I imagine 3 times a week?

CCS is DAILY!!!!!!! with the Dash8!!!

I was just wondering, if CAL are using Dash8's daily to CCS does that mean that we will see all 5 operational rather than just the 3 TB had operational?!?!

Also- how did u find those flights on Amadeus BW985? Did you just randomly decide to search for POS-CCS?? It's not on their website yet, do you guys think an announcment will be made once Manning wins tonight?!?! hehe

P.s. Bw415 check out www.trinidadexpress.com for the map!! it's great!!
My parents are watchign the election result with one of the Caribbean Airlines board members!! Perhaps now if a good time for me to call them!! hehehe
Also- PNM ahead by bigger margins as COP is doing exceedingly well!!

AA1818

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:33 am

Ok I just talk to my aunt who was the campaign manager at POS South she is at Baliser house

PNM is leading in 26 seats!! Update Dookeran won his seat, PNM also won San Juan Barataria!!

Yes AA1818 call and ask about BGI and aircrafts!!
Eagles Soar!

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 118):
P.s. Bw415 check out www.trinidadexpress.com for the map!! it's great!!
My parents are watchign the election result with one of the Caribbean Airlines board members!! Perhaps now if a good time for me to call them!! hehehe
Also- PNM ahead by bigger margins as COP is doing exceedingly well!!

AA come on messenger, and get info from the noard member asap on the development in CAL.
All ah we is one family

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:36 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 119):
Yes AA1818 call and ask about BGI and aircrafts!!

My parents would kill me if they knew I was up at 2.35am (GMT) wanting to talk about planes!! hehe

...Bw415...the TAB-BGI route is also daily, in direct competition with LI's daily BGI-TAB flight!!

BWIA772..how did u find out about these flights- is there a specific database??

AA1818

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:40 am

In respect to CAL getting more planes.. I highly doubt thats happening for the 738 until they turn a profit!.. I could see them acquiring more Dash 8's in 1-2 yrs in order to run more interisland routes as well as keeping the POS-TAB airlift in check.
BWIA 772... man I really doh think CAL coming back into BGI anytime soon and if they do it will be on a limited scale

I must disagree here, CAL already runs 5 fleet schedual during off peak season, and if the loads look great from the Christmas season, according to my sources, then more 738 will be needed soon,.
Yes I expect to see a new fleet type too, more so for CALX to operate to.

I was just wondering, if CAL are using Dash8's daily to CCS does that mean that we will see all 5 operational rather than just the 3 TB had operational?!?!

Yes all the Dash8s are to be out, you remember they had 2 down because TabX could not finance maintenance and they were not up so FAA international over water standards. They are now being upgraded.
All ah we is one family

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 121):

They will make exceptions LOL !!!!

1 disappointment Jack Warner has been elected!!!
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:46 am

http://www.wintvworld.com/

for the Trinis!!

AA1818

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:46 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 123):

Its a very sad day indeed for the poeple to elect him.
All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:48 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 124):
for the Trinis!!

AA1818

AA we all on messenger come on man. It getting intresting in POS.
http://cnc3.co.tt/

For all to see out of the Caribbean region.
All ah we is one family

bw415

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:49 am

oh faddaaaa.. ah trying not to come here and see five new posts every 20 mins!!.. lol..

AA1818 I see mister CAL board member having his usual elections lime!.. LOLLL.. thats just hilarious and I'm sure he still backing de same crowd no?...

I find the election results are being produced rather quickly this year.. I'm in shock that ''duck and run'' won his seat... thats a serious shocker..

back to aviation.. lol.. CAL will unlikely get 737's until they really have higher seat utilization in the off peak period.. having extra planes for the high season is great but if these planes are lounging around and scraping for passengers during the low season it would be a serious financial drain.. it would be really unwise unless they started new routes that could sustain the aircraft year round...

So maybe if the BGI expansion comes onboard they could possibly get another 738.. but right now their route structure calls for 5 737's so I really dont see any major expansion until all aircraft have had their make over and C checks!

bw415
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

md90fan
Topic Author

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:02 am

the new KX!!!

I'm particularly pleased by this picture. With this, I'm guessing KX has concluded it's transformation with the help of Lufthansa Counseling, KX has dropped it's image (IMO) of a secondary player in the Caribbean with no real long-term vision or anything, and has since entered a club once only occupied by JM and CAL. KX dropped unprofitable routes such as Boston,Fort Lauderdale and Houston, and has bolstered it's core, markets such has Havana, Montego Bay and Miami and commence service to New York City.

In the future, I can foresee the addition of more 737-300s (with 737-700s down the line; pre-9-11 KX ordered 4 73Gs)

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 86):
FWIW, talk is that Virgin America is looking at launching USA-Caribbean flights, with MIA their main base for those flights, in 2009/10. The Caribbean would be a perfect market for them, especially some of the higher-yielding resort islands.

Sounds like a good idea, if VX can break the AA stranglehold and monopolistic grip on many markets, they'd be in for some easy cash. But for the most part, I beg to differ they that the Caribbean would be a perfect market for them, A320s on baggage-heavy routes? Most of the people in the Caribbean can care less about $299 Expedia tickets, and will often go with what they know.I mean, if they're going to do Antigua or somewhere similar, fine no worries, but what about the rest of the markets? As if that wasn't enough, most of higher-yielding tourist markets have contracts with AA (be it XXX Hotel asking AA to ferry tourists or otherwise) and the average VX passenger couldn't realistically afford vacations to the islands in mention.

First is Trinidad-Caracas-Trinidad in the morning which connects to their JFK and YYZ routes

About friggin time, it only took them how long to add service to the closet largest city? Seriously, the DASH-8 would make it easier for them to break-even, have good loads and eventually produce a profit, especially in light of the competition.

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 113):
It's a less risky investment than say competing with DL on ATL-POS, or trying POS-CUR-SDQ.

Well, duh Trinidad-Atlanta is a more risky investment, because the local traffic (which CAL relies oh so heavily on) isn't there. And (POS)-Curcacao-Santo Domingo? WTH, this route (not too much traffic to begin with, a lack of cultural ties and Dominican community in the ABC islands is to blame for this), not only that but Insel Air serves this route 1x weekly with MD-83 equipment.

Last but not, I'd like to welcome our latest contributer, BW985, hailing from the land of the red and black!

[Edited 2007-11-05 19:15:19]
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

A388

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 am

I think these colours are great!! Nicely done KX!!

I only see the photos now, very nice livery! Congrats to KX! Now, will they ever fly to CUR maybe on charter flights with this new livery? Big grin

A388 Big grin

BWIA 772

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:35 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 127):
back to aviation.. lol.. CAL will unlikely get 737's until they really have higher seat utilization in the off peak period.. having extra planes for the high season is great but if these planes are lounging around and scraping for passengers during the low season it would be a serious financial drain.. it would be really unwise unless they started new routes that could sustain the aircraft year round...

So maybe if the BGI expansion comes onboard they could possibly get another 738.. but right now their route structure calls for 5 737's so I really dont see any major expansion until all aircraft have had their make over and C checks!

Time will tell but I would not be surprised if the off peak schedule is expanded to require 6 738s and I am basing this on expansion in GEO and POS!!!

Regards
BWIA 772

PS
Last election update well for the nght
PNM has 27 seats COP 1 and UNC 13!!
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Quoting MD90fan (Reply 128):
hailing from the land of the red and black!

red, WHITE, and black!! hehehe

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 130):
Last election update well for the nght
PNM has 27 seats COP 1 and UNC 13!!

Final- PNM 26 COP 0 UNCA 15

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 127):
back to aviation

With daily POS-CCS and daily TAB-BGI, and of course dozens of POS-TAB movements, would the 5 Dash8's be effectively or could they perhaps squeeze a Grenada flight in daily too??

Also- what other changes are Cayman Airways planning besides the new livery?

AA1818

aa1818

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 pm

Wham guys- like we scared off BW985 or what?!?!? hehehe

AA1818

trintocan

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:21 pm

So BW is back in CCS! That is good news. Hopefully the route works for them, it has been a route with wildly varying fortunes over the years. It could provide a good alternative to the US and Canada from CCS provided the fares and timings are right.

It is with interest that I see POS - TAB - BGI arrive on BW, why now? They always seemed to have the capability to do it but they were content to leave it to LI and 8B over the years. At least the merged LI (since it was 8B flying the route solo for the last year and more) also link GND with TAB. Is this really a tie-in with BA flights in BGI and if so could this influence the direct BA services to TAB - or is this providing extra options for passengers to and from TAB?

TrinToCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

MAH4546

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 pm

and the average VX passenger couldn't realistically afford vacations to the islands in mention.

Virgin America is not a true low-fare airline. They are a full-service, 2-class, airline targeting premium passengers in premium markets. Their first class product is probably the single best domestic first class product offered, as is their coach product.
a.

2travel2know

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Trintocan (Reply 133):
So BW is back in CCS! That is good news. Hopefully the route works for them

The demand for flights out of Venezuela might increase threefold in the next weeks. New BW should re-start their CCS service ASAP.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

BWIA 772

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:47 am

Quoting Trintocan (Reply 133):
It is with interest that I see POS - TAB - BGI arrive on BW, why now? They always seemed to have the capability to do it but they were content to leave it to LI and 8B over the years. At least the merged LI (since it was 8B flying the route solo for the last year and more) also link GND with TAB. Is this really a tie-in with BA flights in BGI and if so could this influence the direct BA services to TAB - or is this providing extra options for passengers to and from TAB?

Well I have not seen the times but BW 902 and 903 are used to CAL to connect their pax to London and POS respectively on the days that BA does not come to POS. As for providing extra options to pax we have to see if this is CAL was able to expand its relationship with BA to this route!!

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

BW985

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 103):

I'm Trini, but I live in the UK. I work in the aviation/travel industry where I have access to Amadeus, which is where I saw the new CCS and TAB-BGI flights.

Also- how did u find those flights on Amadeus BW985? Did you just randomly decide to search for POS-CCS??

Knowing that the Dash8s will soon be in service for BW, I searched for possible new destinations. Actually thought that GND or SLU would be one of the first destinations.

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 131):
With daily POS-CCS and daily TAB-BGI, and of course dozens of POS-TAB movements, would the 5 Dash8's be effectively or could they perhaps squeeze a Grenada flight in daily too??

I hope they will soon reintroduce GND, SLU and SVD to the BW network. I think it would make a lot of sense to connect these places to flights to the US and Canada, especially if flights there are going to be flights out of BGI.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 135):
New BW should re-start their CCS service ASAP.

The new CCS and TAB-BGI routes should start at the end of December. I heard that the Venezuelan airlines flying into POS are making a fortune on that route with the high fares that they charge. Do you guys think it might make sense for BW to start flying into Porlamar out of POS? A lot of people travel between those islands and POS could even serve as a hub for people travelling JFK and YYZ to Porlamar as it must be more convenient to transfer in POS than in CCS since you wouldn't need to go through customs in POS.

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 132):
Wham guys- like we scared off BW985 or what?!?!?

Doh worry, ah still here. :O)

hummingbird

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:04 am

A hearty Caribbean welcome to BW985.

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 80):
* He has to appease on Mike Henry first. This dude ain't a fan of the Brits........long story which unless you understand his reasoning, you will think he is biased. But........he does have a claim I have to give him that.

"Typical attitudes as this, will always keep our struggling national carrier "struggling". I love my JM, but why should tax payers continue to face the burden of maintaining the airline when the money can be spent on other areas of Jamaica".

I wrote this from last week, but did not want to post fearing contoversy. Now I will, with much pleasure as I have my back-up info to support my opinion.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20071107/lead/lead6.html.
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

speedbird2263

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:07 am

Congrats to KX on the new Scheme.  Smile The new design is the very essence of class and contemporary good looks. It's already grown on me compared to the somewhat bland livery they had before. One can only imagine that livery on an A332/77W, now that would be saying something.  silly 
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

BWIA 772

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 am

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 138):

Well I think this is clear indication that Golding did not approve of how Henry handled himself! I guess we have to see what the new care taker CEO does and how the search for an investor goes.

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 139):

No imagine that livery on a 787 Big grin.. but it would also look nice on E-190 or E-170!!

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

speedbird2263

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:05 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 140):
No imagine that livery on a 787

Ah Quite so Sir, Touche  Wink

Hi guys!

Aye, that I do know the feeling mate! Welcome aboard  wave 
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

2travel2know

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Quoting BW985 (Reply 137):
Do you guys think it might make sense for BW to start flying into Porlamar out of POS? A lot of people travel between those islands and POS could even serve as a hub for people travelling JFK and YYZ to Porlamar as it must be more convenient to transfer in POS than in CCS since you wouldn't need to go through customs in POS.

I think that the new BW could do well not only on Margarita Island - PMV but also in PZO (Puerto Ordaz) as that place has a lot of oil-related high-yield traffic compared to PMV mostly leisure and shopping traffic.

westindian425

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:25 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 95):
the only thing that I find annoying is the fact that the F/A seem intent on short changing me when I bought snacks!!

Buying snacks on the Evil Empire. Such a travesty. Thank God CO still gives meals during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  stirthepot 

Hi guys!

Welcome, welcome, welcome. How many BWIA monikers we have now on this forum? 985 was the Manchester flight, wasn't it?

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 123):

Who's duke?

About friggin time, it only took them how long to add service to the closet largest city? Seriously, the DASH-8 would make it easier for them to break-even, have good loads and eventually produce a profit, especially in light of the competition.

Competition? You mean Aeropostal? I can't think of another airline that had more complaints than them.  Smile

I like the Cayman livery, but alas we know the Eurowhite scheme is the way to go these days.
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

captaink

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 143):
Buying snacks on the Evil Empire. Such a travesty. Thank God CO still gives meals during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Doesn't AA offer meals on caribbean flights now? I thought I read that somewhere. They need to figure out what is international or not. I live in Mexico and being an international destination they should offer something to eat, seeing that their partner in crime Mexicana offers meals, their competition Aeromexico offers meals. But no, I have never been on more depressing flights than Mexico/US. Terrible, just terrible.
Look Up

albird87

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm particularly pleased by this picture. With this, I'm guessing KX has concluded it's transformation with the help of Lufthansa Counseling, KX has dropped it's image (IMO) of a secondary player in the Caribbean with no real long-term vision or anything, and has since entered a club once only occupied by JM and CAL. KX dropped unprofitable routes such as Boston,Fort Lauderdale and Houston, and has bolstered it's core, markets such has Havana, Montego Bay and Miami and commence service to New York City.
In the future, I can foresee the addition of more 737-300s

I agree. KX needed to re-think its routes and now need to focus on the big money makers for them. As for more 737-300s.... One more is coming in febuary to replace a 732 in the fleet (probs the non combi one). Also at that time, new seats will be added to the whole fleet then (apparently all leather!!)

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 139):
Congrats to KX on the new Scheme. The new design is the very essence of class and contemporary good looks. It's already grown on me compared to the somewhat bland livery they had before. One can only imagine that livery on an A332/77W, now that would be saying something.

True... I could think of nothing better than to see a KX widebody flying across the pond or up to LAX and JFK. However KX have said that they dont see the introduction of Long Haul flights in the future but we can all hope!!

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 140):
No imagine that livery on a 787 .. but it would also look nice on E-190 or E-170!!

Again i like the idea of those E-170/90s to be used on smaller routes to Central/North America and the Caribbean.

If we can get a daily flight to HAV soon then i can see the use of a smaller aircraft like the E-jets to be used on flights between routes like KIN, HAV, CYB, and restart MBJ (i think they only fly to kingston unless it stops in Mobay both ways). With these they could then have increased frequencies instead of just one 737 a day (thinking of MBJ and KIN here really with one flight in the morning and then in the evening). Also then these aircraft could be used then for having direct flights from CYB to MIA and other destinations
Also maybe some expansion into Central America as there are a lot of Hunduranians here and central americans. Possibly a couple of flights a week to start off but then if the demand needs it then they could increase these to maybe daily.
Hopefully this is a start to a new and better KX!! Watch out JM!! were coming after yah!!

bloodyrascal

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Goodjob KX nice livery A little on the not expecting it but other than that I am Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they should use the 733s on the longer routes like JFK, MIA etc.

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 145):
Again i like the idea of those E-170/90s to be used on smaller routes to Central/North America and the Caribbean

Not A bad idea and those birds have range as well. And even restart a CYB-MIA on an embraer jet. Wow I am impressed. They could re-enter the IAH market with an embraer jet as well.

A388

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 146):
Not A bad idea and those birds have range as well.

They E-Jets are indeed very capable aircraft and it surprises me the E-Jets have not had much success in the Caribbean. I think the E-Jets are perfect for Caribbean operations and in some cases can even reach the U.S. even though the cargo capacity will probably make the E-Jets less attractive for U.S. flights. Intra-Caribbean flights can work in my opinion.

How nice it will be to see LIAT, Caribbean Airlines(Express), Cayman Airways and Air Jamaica (Express) all operating a small fleet of E170/190s. One thing is sure, they will all be very colorful birds which fits our region quite well!!! Big grin

A388

2travel2know

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 147):
They E-Jets are indeed very capable aircraft and it surprises me the E-Jets have not had much success in the Caribbean. I think the E-Jets are perfect for Caribbean operations and in some cases can even reach the U.S. even though the cargo capacity will probably make the E-Jets less attractive for U.S. flights.

Other than its pilot shortage, the reason why CM hasn't increased frequencies to KIN and PAP as they had planned for late this year with E190 is that those E190 can't hold as much cargo as their B737-700. The E190 may work for PTY-POS (wheenver it starts) since it's a new route but I wouldn't be surprised if CM has to upgrade PTY-STI to B737-700 soon.
Where are CM cargo/pax B737-700 when they really need it?.

For those Caribbean-Northamerica routes with very little VFR/higgler traffic, the E190/170 could be ideal, but for example a KIN-JFK, not even in low season an E190 could perform well.

albird87

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 146):
Goodjob KX nice livery A little on the not expecting it but other than that I am Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they should use the 733s on the longer routes like JFK, MIA etc.

well thats why we got the 733s for! we use them on routes to JFK, ORD and they rotate around on the other routes also.
I wonder if its a bad idea to maybe put winglets on these 733s or would that be too expensive considering the costs of them over fuel savings. Perhaps when we finally get around to some 737NGs we can see some cool winglets on these birds!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos