varig_dc10
Topic Author

A380 - Living Up To Expectations?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:20 pm

I know it is still early days, but I was wondering if the A380 is living up to SQ's expectations, i.e.

Performance - Is it achieving the expected range, fuel consumption and cruising speeds?

Operations - Have there been any issues re. times for passenger embarkment and disembarkment? Are the turn around times as expected.

Passenger Feedback - Have the passengers been satisfied with the aircraft? Are there any passengers who would particularly want to avoid an A380 in future?

Does anybody know when the next A380 will enter service with SQ?

Finally who will be the second airline that the A380 enters service with?

I apologise if these topics have already been discussed, but I did a search under 'A380' and couldn't find anything.

Regards,
varig_dc10

[Edited 2007-11-01 11:22:50]

Stitch

RE: A380 -

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 pm

Quoting Varig_dc10 (Thread starter):
Performance - Is it achieving the expected range, fuel consumption and cruising speeds?

Since the plane is doing "short-haul" flights right now, fuel burn is probably high. Once she starts on the SIN-LHR-SIN legs we should get more "relevant" data.

Operations - Have there been any issues re. times for passenger embarkment and disembarkment? Are the turn around times as expected.

The initial turn was around 30 mins more then expected, as I recall, but that that was an initial turn so...

Does anybody know when the next A380 will enter service with SQ?

MSN004 is due in early January 2008 followed by MSN005 the following month.

Finally who will be the second airline that the A380 enters service with?

Looks to be EK, but QF's planes might be done earlier.

varig_dc10
Topic Author

RE: A380 - Living Up To Expectations?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks Stitch.

varig_dc10

anstar

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:59 pm

I thought it was exceeding its targets (in pre service anyway)

It seems to be runnign regularly now without a hitch and from the PAX trip[ reports that I've read everyone is raving about the A380.... there may be a few poor souls in Y that are still not happy they dont have a flat bed... but they have more room than Y on a SQ744

Alessandro

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 am

Varig I haven´t heard anyone complain about the A380 after the ride, check out the trip forum are a few reports from A380 rides there.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

BlueElephant

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting Stitch (Reply 1):
The initial turn was around 30 mins more then expected, as I recall, but that that was an initial turn so...

I bet this will go down once all relative training is done...It seems to be an issue with any new aircraft/ airline entering service.

Quoting ANstar (Reply 3):
there may be a few poor souls in Y that are still not happy they dont have a flat bed... but they have more room than Y on a SQ744

This is ridiculous...if they want flat beds then maybe they should introduce that Bed class that LH was thinking about...But all in all...I've read/heard good responses from Passengers.

XT6Wagon

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 am

Airbus made such claims. Take said claims for what they are worth.

tullamarine

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:33 am

Quote:
The initial turn was around 30 mins more then expected, as I recall

The delay on the first scheduled SYD-SIN flight was due to the movement limits at SYD and the initial requirement that the runway be inspected after every A380 departure, not the actual turnaround of the aircraft.

The runway inspection meant the A380 was re-sequenced so other aircraft were not delayed. The inspection of the runway is only temporary and will be gone within a couple of weeks.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

Viscount724

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:42 am

Recent article in Aviation Week & Space Technology on the A380s introduction with SQ mentioned that an Airbus engineer is aboard all flights as well as a Panasonic technician to deal with any inflight entertainment system issues that may arise.

I can't think of any previous examples where a new aircraft type has gone into scheduled service when only one aircraft had been delivered. If memory correct, Pan Am had taken delivery of 4 or 5 747s before they became the first 747 operator in January 1970. And it was lucky they had more than one since the one scheduled for the inaugural flight JFK-LHR developed technical problems (chronic P&W JT9D engine problems on early 747s for the first year or more of service) and a backup aircraft had to be substituded at the last minute. I believe the inaugural flight was delayed about 3 hours as a result.

[Edited 2007-11-01 17:45:47]

Stitch

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:51 am

I thought it was exceeding its targets (in pre service anyway).

So it has been reported. At a bit under half the A388's 8000nm nominal range, SIN-SYD leg is not a "bad" route to gauge efficiency on, but the ~7000nm SIN-LHR runs should offer a clearer picture.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 5):
I bet this will go down once all relative training is done...It seems to be an issue with any new aircraft/ airline entering service.

yes 

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 8):
I can't think of any previous examples where a new aircraft type has gone into scheduled service when only one aircraft had been delivered.

Comet I, maybe?

Viscount724

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am

Quoting Stitch (Reply 9):
Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 8):
I can't think of any previous examples where a new aircraft type has gone into scheduled service when only one aircraft had been delivered.

Comet I, maybe?

According to the production list BOAC took delivery of their first of 9 Comet 1s in February 1952, one in March and two in April. So they had 4 before the first scheduled flight on May 2, 1952. One more was delivered in May, one in June, one in July and the last two in September.

ikramerica

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:32 am

Since the plane is doing "short-haul" flights right now, fuel burn is probably high

SYD-SIN is well within the designed scope of A380 operations. 3000-7000nm mile trips are where it is meant to be used. So SQ will be able to get a good idea of what it can expect on routes like SIN-NRT, NRT-SFO, SIN-HKG, FRA-JFK, etc.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 5):

It's getting off the gate on time (basically) in SYD. They have a 1:55 scheduled turn time, and it's been getting in 5-10 minutes early and getting off the gate 5-0 minutes early. It's keeping the same schedule as the 744 it replaced (though they've lengthened the flight time to SYD by 5 minutes, and trimmed the turn by 5 minutes, but it seems to be a bookkeeping change only).

[Edited 2007-11-01 18:34:58]
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

mariner

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:45 am

Passenger Feedback - Have the passengers been satisfied with the aircraft? Are there any passengers who would particularly want to avoid an A380 in future?

Very early days, but Singapore seemed happy with the reaction to the aircraft on Day 1 of scheduled service:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...2651589-27977,00.html?from=mostpop

"Singapore Airlines chief executive Chew Choon Seng said passenger loads on the Singapore-Sydney route over the next 2 1/2 months were about 90 per cent booked on the southbound leg leaving Singapore in the evening.

"Northbound, because of the season of the year, it's not as heavy but it's still nudging the 80s at this point in time," Mr Chew said.

"We have three flights a day from Sydney and there's been a noticeable trend of people listing it as their first choice, only they can't get a seat."

November isn't the best month ex-Australia - people are hanging out for the Christmas/summer holidays when it goes haywire.

But of course:

there may be a few poor souls in Y that are still not happy they dont have a flat bed.

Always. As the article also says.  Smile

mariner
aeternum nauta

tdscanuck

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:43 am

Quoting XT6Wagon (Reply 6):

There is the ring of credibility to those claims for the simple reason that pretty much every negative rumour you can think of for the A380 has been spouted somewhere, except "it doesn't meet performance targets." I've never seen that mentioned anywhere, in any forum, by anyone. Given how quickly rumours leak in this industry, that's saying something.

Tom.

Leskova

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting Stitch (Reply 9):
So it has been reported. At a bit under half the A388's 8000nm nominal range, SIN-SYD leg is not a "bad" route to gauge efficiency on, but the ~7000nm SIN-LHR runs should offer a clearer picture.

It's 6765mi, or 5879nm, from SIN to LHR...  Wink

Quoting Mariner (Reply 12):
"We have three flights a day from Sydney and there's been a noticeable trend of people listing it as their first choice, only they can't get a seat."

Not unexpected at the beginning of its "in service career" - the same is bound to happen on other new types that make the headlines (for whatever reasons).

Quoting Tdscanuck (Reply 13):

There is the ring of credibility to those claims for the simple reason that pretty much every negative rumour you can think of for the A380 has been spouted somewhere, except "it doesn't meet performance targets."

If I recall correctly, those claims were confirmed by EK and SQ engineers that were present for part of the test campaign, so take the claims that those claims are just Airbus' claims for what they are worth...  Wink
Smile - it confuses people!

mariner

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:25 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 14):
Not unexpected at the beginning of its "in service career"

I don't understand your point. I didn't claim that it was "unexpected".

The OP asked if there was any feedback. I tried to supply some.

mariner
aeternum nauta

bill142

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:42 am

Since the plane is doing "short-haul" flights right now, fuel burn is probably high. Once she starts on the SIN-LHR-SIN legs we should get more "relevant" data.

8 hours to SYD is hardly short haul.

Leskova

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 15):
I don't understand your point. I didn't claim that it was "unexpected".

The OP asked if there was any feedback. I tried to supply some.

Mariner, don't misunderstand me there - I wasn't trying to say that you were wrong or say that you were saying it was unexpected.

I was just pointing out that, even if the plane weren't more comfortable/quieter/whatever-else than what SQ offers on the B744, people would currently still be rushing to fly on it because, lets face it, I'd say just about everyone with access to news will have heard of the A380 by now: so, when booking a flight and being offered the opportunity of flying on one, I'm not surprised at all that the aircraft is currently experiencing high load factors.

Sorry if my comment came accross wrong there.
Smile - it confuses people!

mariner

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:49 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 17):
Mariner, don't misunderstand me there

I don't think I did. I wondered if I had missed something, that's all. Not a problem.

mariner
aeternum nauta

ikramerica

Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 am

I would hope so. They are flying the new product in the A380s, and the old product in the 744s. If the Y product where the same in both like it is in the 77W, then it would be a truer indication.

Isn't SQ going to install the "new product" on the 744s as well, or was that another carrier that was planning on doing that?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Asiaflyer

Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 19):
Isn't SQ going to install the "new product" on the 744s as well, or was that another carrier that was planning on doing that?

Haven't heard about that, and I doubt it very much.
SQs 744s are mainly the ones to be replaced by the A380, so would surprise me alot if they make such heavy investments in them.

Should be enough with a 6-8 hours flight for collecting some relevant data and get a good idea about how the A380 is performing.
However as longer they fly them, how better and more relevant data SQ will get.
Think it will take a while until they will publish any performance data though.
Other airlines must be just as keen as a.netters to hear how the A380 is performing.

Pieinthesky

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:32 am

Isn't SQ going to install the "new product" on the 744s as well

Absolutely no chance.

Glareskin

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:54 am

I would hope so. They are flying the new product in the A380s, and the old product in the 744s. If the Y product where the same in both like it is in the 77W, then it would be a truer indication.

Of course you are very right that the AVOD and seat comfort is a more important factor for pax. But since the A380 is new and very hyped I wouldn't make the comparison with the 77W at this moment. A lot of people (including myself) are trying to find an excuse to fly to Australia with SQ......
There's still a long way to go before all the alliances deserve a star...

swallow

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:27 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 14):
Quoting Tdscanuck (Reply 13):

There is the ring of credibility to those claims for the simple reason that pretty much every negative rumour you can think of for the A380 has been spouted somewhere, except "it doesn't meet performance targets."

If I recall correctly, those claims were confirmed by EK and SQ engineers that were present for part of the test campaign, so take the claims that those claims are just Airbus' claims for what they are worth...

According to Flight International, 'The Trent 900's specific fuel consumption is better than specification and R-R has identified potential for future improvement'

According to Chris Cholerton, director Airbus production programmes at R-R, "These improvements will be phased - some things we can do in the relatively short term and some will be a lot longer term,"

Source; http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...into-a-launch-groove-for-a380.html
The grass is greener where you water it

keesje

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:39 am

I think everyone is expecting some kind of child deceases / unexpected hick-ups, the airlines, Airbus, Authorities, maintenance organizations, a.net, ..  

On the other side, one of the few advantages of the 18 months delay is that more bugs have been taken out during the extensive route proving / PR flights..

http://www.airbus.com/en/airbuslive/a-380-world-tour-2006/img/getOptionMedia.htm?id=280

[Edited 2007-11-02 04:07:09]
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

parapente

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 am

It is as the thread starter says "early days". However the initial reaction from pax has been very positive indeed.

It seems to me that in some ways the 380 could really be a "game changer" especially for economy travellers. I say this not because there are not benefits for high yeild -there are- but very often these travellers are constrained in choice by their company (who pays) and the huge loyalty programmes (think BA airmiles).

The economy traveller is free to choose.

Price. Its the most economic long haul plane -period-so price should not be an issue.

Comfort. Here there are huge differences (to a standard 744 which it is replacing). The key is a bigger,wider ,newer seat.
For long haul economy this is absolutly critical. Boeing cannot make the 747 wider however hard they try.(Just as Airbus could not make the A330 wider)

Ambience. A bigger wider more airy cabin,bigger windows,and everything that little bit better,the loo's for instance.
but the killer here and the one that has got Boeing so worried that they are now making themselves look stupid. Noise. The peace and quiet of a 388 Vs the 747 is very different.

Entertainment. Obviously the latest AVOID so its bound to be better all round.

Finally the WOW factor. It is hard to define but very very important.For many many years to come (just as it was for the Jumbo in the 70's and 80's) people will tell their friends (with pride) that they have just arrived on the "Super Jumbo". Their friends will want to know what it was like etc .etc. The traveller will tell them all about it and feel that little bit more special.

For BA it was clearly a "no brainer". So I feel it will be for others.

Add it all together and you can see why Boeing is struggling with the 748. It just ain't the same thing and never can be.

flashflyguy

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:44 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 11):
It's keeping the same schedule as the 744 it replaced (though they've lengthened the flight time to SYD by 5 minutes, and trimmed the turn by 5 minutes, but it seems to be a bookkeeping change only).

IF it was keeping the same schedule as the 747 it replaced, it would be operating SQ232 departing at 1245.  Wink

Used to be;
SQ221 into SYD - SQ232 out (4:30 turn)
SQ231 into SYD - SQ222 out (4:50 turn)
SQ219 into SYD - SQ220 out (RON 12:35 turn)

It's changed now, so that SQ221 returns as SQ220 using the A380 (max on ground time in SIN) and SQ219 (the evening arrival into Sydney) now returns as SQ232 with that aircraft having an even longer stay on the ground in Sydney.

SKAirbus

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:53 am

Quoting Parapente (Reply 25):
Add it all together and you can see why Boeing is struggling with the 748. It just ain't the same thing and never can be.

The main problem for boeing is that they are trying to resell a design that is almost 40 years old... Airlines don't want it as that design was for then, not for now... Its like the 737... after the current NG models i don't think Boeing will be able to flaunt a redesign.. they will need something completely new.

Anyway that's for another thread!!
Base: BRU

FWI747

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Price. Its the most economic long haul plane -period-so price should not be an issue.

I'm curious to know how cheaper an economy A380 ticket REALLY will be.

bigger,wider ,newer seat.

Only ONE inch...

more airy cabin,bigger windows

Compare to a B744 maybe not a B748 which will have a much modern look...

but the killer here and the one that has got Boeing so worried that they are now making themselves look stupid. Noise. The peace and quiet of a 388 Vs the 747 is very different.

Again compared to a B744, B748 hasn't flown yet (and its engines are slated to be at least 10dB quieter than those of the 744) not forgetting than the A380 was slatted to be QC1 on arrival before on the last minute adopting the zero slice silencer and being QC0.5. I still remembering it's first flight at Toulouse, very noisy because no zero slice device (which BTW helped to save much weight).

Entertainment

Same as previous.

Finally the WOW factor

It the real and only selling point which give the advantage to the A380, but it's a big one
 Smile

Regards

David

parapente

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Is one inch such a small deal? Boeing made a big point about it on the 787 vs 330 (untill the nine abreast sardeen can concept came along). Airbus made the same "big deal "about the 350xwb (until someone puts in 10 abreast!). Indeed the main 320 advantage seems to be the slightly wider cabin and thats just short haul.
Over 8 hours that inch will count IMHO!
But I accept that some 380 advantages can be met.,but as you say not all (seat,noise and wow).

Ultimately its the pax that will decide. Ask yourself (then multiply it out to a quantitative marketing survey.

One long haul destination,2 flights,same time,same price,one on a 380 the other on 747,777,340 etc,etc. Which flight do you choose? I know which one I would go for ,but its the flying population as a whole that matters. However looking at the trend (where a route can handle the capacity) the answer the airlines are coming up with, seems to be the same every time.

wunala

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:08 pm

Quoting Tullamarine (Reply 7):
The delay on the first scheduled SYD-SIN flight was due to the movement limits at SYD and the initial requirement that the runway be inspected after every A380 departure, not the actual turnaround of the aircraft.

The weather was also shit that day. I was airside that day (although not travelling), and the excitement around the gate was enough to delay the flight to build to the flight.

A great day. And a safe day. Rather delay a flight 2 hours, than pop the pax on and let them rattle around.

distanthorizon

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:47 pm

Quoting FWI747 (Reply 28):
Finally the WOW factor

It the real and only selling point which give the advantage to the A380, but it's a big one

You didn't deliberately forget the... SPACE factor, did you?  Yeah sure

Wider Seats. More leg room...

Space!

(curious, no one is using the term "cattle" when they describe the passengers transported by this bird anymore... Why? Because it has became too evident that with less than 600 passengers on board the A380 might be the most comfortable plane on the market. For many, many years to come...)

DH
Regards
Nelson SE

FWI747

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Quoting Parapente (Reply 29):
Ultimately its the pax that will decide

And I totally agree; but I wouldn't say that the 320 series won passengers favor thanks only too its width cabin, neither did the A340 series when they were brought against the 747.

But I accept that some 380 advantages can be met

checkmark   whiteflag 

I still wish and think that the near term future of the VLA market won't be dominated by the sole and only A380 despite A's claims to monopolize it.

If, and again I think they will, passengers do prefer A380 because of its modernity, that's good news, this plane and the people devoted to it's conception deserves it.
If most carriers do prefer it because of the savings they could have on maintenance, that's OK.

However, I (and I suppose it's the same for many A.netters) want to see more B747 flying, and flying ALONG and like the 737NG with the A320, I think they will.
So may they BOTH have a long run !

But i'm losing my way; back to the main topic  Smile

David

MadameConcorde

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm

The A380 has the most comfortable Economy class I have ever seen.
The Big thing flies so well!  airplane   angel 

They would be great to have on United transpac's.  Smile
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

ORDagent

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Only us aerogeeks would actively decide to book and a380 over another type of aircraft for coach travel. It all comes down to price. However with more seats on the 380 there are probably going to be more superapex seats in y but that is all going to be the decision of the airline's revenue management department. For F or J pax they might be looking for the 380 as, at least on SQ, it is a vastly superior product to other aircraft.

AirPacific747

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 33):
The A380 has the most comfortable Economy class I have ever seen.

Lucky you! I hope to fly on the A380 sometime soon myself  Smile

BAC111

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:42 pm

WAY too early. This is akin to sports radio geeks assessing a football season after one game or a career after 4 seasons...way too early. You've got one frame making a few flights. Give it at least 3 years of active service before any assessment. Relax.

varig_dc10
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:21 pm

Quoting BAC111 (Reply 36):
WAY too early. This is akin to sports radio geeks assessing a football season after one game or a career after 4 seasons...way too early.

I was asking for an assesment of the first few games... not the season/career.

Even after a few flights, I'm sure SQ will have gained some insight into the way the aircraft is performing.

In the early days, I remember a lot of concerns being raised about the amount of time it would take to embark and disembark passengers on the A380. While I realise that this particular aircraft is not configured to a high density layout, the responses in this thread suggest that this has not been an issue so far.

Perhaps it may become an issue when the A380 starts operating at other airports.
But like I said, I was curious as to how things are going so far.

varig_dc10.

tdscanuck

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:44 am

Comfort. Here there are huge differences (to a standard 744 which it is replacing). The key is a bigger,wider ,newer seat.

Quoting FWI747 (Reply 28):
Only ONE inch...

One inch of *width*. Pitch can be whatever the airline wants and has nothing to do with 747 vs. A380.

Ambience. A bigger wider more airy cabin,bigger windows,and everything that little bit better,the loo's for instance.

Every new aircraft has been quieter than its predecessor and passenger perception of noise has never been a differentiator in the market (on jets). Why has the A380 suddenly changed the economy passenger's demand for their travel?

I'm very skeptical of the claims that the A380 will be a game changer in economy class. It will be better, certainly. A little quieter, a little more elbow room, a little bigger window. But it will be just like the difference between a 737 and a 767, or from an A320 to an A330...nice, but hardly revolutionary.

Tom.

Stitch

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Is one inch such a small deal?

Every inch counts, whether it is room for your bum, your shoulders, or your legs.

While I do not fly Economy, if I did, I'd look hard at the A380 and 19" wide Economy seats over anything with an 18" or 17" seat if legroom was equivalent.

airbazar

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Quoting ORDagent (Reply 34):
Only us aerogeeks would actively decide to book and a380 over another type of aircraft for coach travel. It all comes down to price.

That appears to be the general consensus, that most passengers can't tell the difference between 2 aircraft types. However, the following statement has me thinking is that's really true.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...2651589-27977,00.html?from=mostpop

fanoftristars

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:17 pm

An inch makes a difference... Have you ever flown on Delta's 764s with the F class? They're narrower than the business elite seats... by maybe a half inch, and they feel very small. So I would appreciate the extra inch. But having said that, i don't think the A320's width advantage has been a game changer. That 737 is still a great plane. Thus the A380s appeal for the average passenger will be in the WOW factor mostly. There's nothing like it out there. Based on most airline's configurations, the average flyer will never see the 2nd floor of the 747, yet they will on the A380, and that's a WOW factor in and of itself.

Slightly off topic/on topic... Has anyone seen the WN commercial about the "big plane"? funny the are calling their 73Gs "a big comfortable plane". (I think the A380 would disagree) I guess for the domestic market with the explosion of the RJ, 737s are "big planes". Anyway, it's a funny commercial.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

FWI747

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting Tdscanuck (Reply 38):
One inch of *width*. Pitch can be whatever the airline wants and has nothing to do with 747 vs. A380.

Quoting Stitch (Reply 39):
While I do not fly Economy, if I did, I'd look hard at the A380 and 19" wide Economy seats over anything with an 18" or 17" seat if legroom was equivalent.

Quoting Fanoftristars (Reply 41):
An inch makes a difference... Have you ever flown on Delta's 764s with the F class? They're narrower than the business elite seats... by maybe a half inch, and they feel very small. So I would appreciate the extra inch

Ok I surrender  Smile

But I still would prefer more leg room, as I feel more uncomfortable being stuck in the middle or window seat seat with neighbours that never get up during flight than having less elbow room. But it depends more on the airline than on the airplane.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos