Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

johnnybgoode
Topic Author

Luxair Expands At SCN

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:12 am

after losing out to ZQW (chosen by 4U over SCN, TUIfly relocated its SCN services to ZQW), SCN won over AB to start services from the regional airport.
the second chapter of expansion is now written by LG which, beginning 2008, will start service to HAM, TXL and LCY.

- LUX-SCN-TXL, thrice weekly, mid-day service, as of Jan 08
- LUX-SCN-HAM, twice daily on weekdays, morning and evening departures, evening on Sun, as of Summer 08
- SCN-LUX-LCY, twice daily on weekdays, morning and evening departures, evening on Sun, as of Sep 08

in local news media, it also says that LG will base an ERJ 135 or ERJ 145 at SCN in order to operate the LCY services. however, i believe only the ERJ 135 is capable of serving LCY? someone correct me if that's wrong.

also, the additional services, which all start in LUX and connect through SCN (or vice versa) would mean quite a number of daily flights between LUX-SCN. this leaves the question whether the LUX-SCN v.v. runs will be consolidated and departures ex SCN to MUC and HAM be timed in order to create a 'mini-hub' at SCN?

LG went through significant restructuring in past months. as LUX-SCN-MUC route has always been quite successful, owing significantly to corporate clients (believe it or not), the entrance of AB in the SCN arena surely endangered LG's presence at SCN. by introducing additional services to TXL, HAM and LCY, LG can now offer a greater product to local business travelers and corporations which in turn improves its ability to compete against AB.

Here's a link to the LG announcement
http://www.luxair.lu/cms/luxair.php?page&p=EN,6146,,,,

this statement also says that the LUX-SCN-MUC afternoon flight will be reinstated. i don't get how they mean to reinstate it as is still operates this winter (around 1600h ex LUX).
there's now also official word that LG is talking to its partners about a mid-day flight on LUX-SCN-MUC, which has been in the cards for a while.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Humberside

RE: Luxair Expands At SCN

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Quoting Johnnybgoode (Thread starter):
- LUX-SCN-HAM, twice daily on weekdays, morning and evening departures, evening on Sun, as of Summer 08

Goodbye Cirrus on this route? Or will they put up a fight?

Quoting Johnnybgoode (Thread starter):
in local news media, it also says that LG will base an ERJ 135 or ERJ 145 at SCN in order to operate the LCY services. however, i believe only the ERJ 135 is capable of serving LCY? someone correct me if that's wrong.

I thought LCY was going Dash 8 to replace capacity after dropping LHR
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

johnnybgoode
Topic Author

RE: Luxair Expands At SCN

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:56 pm

C9 stated these days they will continue to operate SCN-HAM.
if they were to leave this market, they would cede a market again to the competition without any fight (they left SCN-THF when AB started to serve SCN-TXL). it would also leave no revenue (apart from the odd and twice weekly service to MHG) flights to connect their operations from other bases with their maintenance base in SCN.

one of the main reasons why LG ordered the Dash 8-400 were seat capacity and the capability to operate into LCY, while at the same time replacing two ERJ flights. now LG seems to find it useful to beef up capacity and number of frequencies again. I doubt they are having difficulties in filling the Dash 8.

I could imagine, however, that the stop at LUX on the way to LCY could be dropped in the future if the route proves successful.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos