Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PlaneHunter
Topic Author

Skyliner: LH Regional To Reorganize CRJ200/700 Ops

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Skyliner magazine reports in its latest issue that Lufthansa Regional will reorganize its CRJ200 & CRJ700 operations. Allegedly, Contactair (currently operating ATR42/72) will take over Eurowings' CRJ200 fleet, while the latter will receive LH CityLine's CRJ700 fleet. Skyliner also reports that CityLine will at the same time replace the CRJ700s by CRJ1000s.

However, one should note that LH hasn't ordered that version yet, just 15 additional CRJ900s.

Apart from that, the Skyliner article suggests that Ausgburg Airways' role within Lufthansa Regional may be redefined - probably the small company may even leave the group.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

columba

RE: Skyliner: LH Regional To Reorganize CRJ200/700 Ops

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 pm

How accurate is Skyliner ? So far most rumors I have read on Skyliner have never come true and as it seems this article above is also not very accurate (CRJ 10000), too.
Air Berlin - gone but not forgotten

PlaneHunter
Topic Author

RE: Skyliner: LH Regional To Reorganize CRJ200/700

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Quoting Columba (Reply 1):
How accurate is Skyliner ? So far most rumors I have read on Skyliner have never come true and as it seems this article above is also not very accurate (CRJ 10000), too.

The article may not be true this time - but I can't confirm that "most rumors have been untrue". Probably the CRJ900s on order are meant. The fleet swaps could indeed be true.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

Humberside

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Quoting PlaneHunter (Thread starter):
Skyliner magazine reports in its latest issue that Lufthansa Regional will reorganize its CRJ200 & CRJ700 operations. Allegedly, Contactair (currently operating ATR42/72) will take over Eurowings' CRJ200 fleet, while the latter will receive LH CityLine's CRJ700 fleet. Skyliner also reports that CityLine will at the same time replace the CRJ700s by CRJ1000s.

So an overall expansion of Lufthansa Regional is proposed?

Quoting PlaneHunter (Thread starter):
Apart from that, the Skyliner article suggests that Ausgburg Airways' role within Lufthansa Regional may be redefined - probably the small company may even leave the group.

That would leave Ausgburg Airways with no operations wouldn't it?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

CRJ900

Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:41 am

Apparently, Eurowings are also taking the two ex-Duo/AtlasJet CRJ700... I sa a pic of them on another aviation site. Wonder if they will take the ex-Styrian CR7 too, as well as the 2-3 other ex-Duo CR7?
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

johnnybgoode

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Quoting CRJ900 (Reply 4):
Apparently, Eurowings are also taking the two ex-Duo/AtlasJet CRJ700... I sa a pic of them on another aviation site. Wonder if they will take the ex-Styrian CR7 too, as well as the 2-3 other ex-Duo CR7?

no, there will be just those two additions.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

CRJ900X

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Alliance Air (India) is the new recipient of the ex-Styrian aircraft and I believe of the two ex-Duo ones as well. Alliance Air will be leasing four CRJ700's.

Source: www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php Just click on the CRJ700 fleet list and you will see that the ex-Styrian aircraft is now registered VT-RJB.

CRJ900

Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:10 pm

Quoting CRJ900X (Reply 6):
Alliance Air (India) is the new recipient of the ex-Styrian aircraft and I believe of the two ex-Duo ones as well.

I'm glad that the Styrian CR7 has a new home. It was a great shame not to use a brand new aircraft like that. The interior looked great, and I believe the galley had ovens too for hot meal services...?

Also glad to hear that the ex-Duo CR7s are finding new homes. They didn't have too many cycles either, I'll bet.
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos