Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RJwrench85

RE: Go! Celebrates Its 1,000,000th Passenger

Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:08 pm

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 99):
The agreement prevents Mesa from "using or disclosing the information" obtained from Hawaiian (and Aloha) for a period of 2 years. Aloha's 2 year period just ended in Sept. 2007 since Mesa wasn't eliminated as a bidder until Sept. 2005. I do not think it is possible to look at your competitors confidential information and then enter into competition with them without "using" the information

Has this happened with any other carriers? Didn't US almost buy DL or other Bankruptcies where there were "potential buyers" from back in the day? I am just wondering the fact that....well.... an Airline is and Airline right? The basics are the same but just the routes and fare structures that differ. So it would be hard to not use any of it. Imagine a European Carrier buying another European Carrier same territory right? Once again I like discussion and both side have some good arguments.

I would be saying what I've been saying the entire time. That Mesa's business plan helps no one in the long run, that the low fares are unsustainable,

checkmark  I see

Quoting RJwrench85 (Reply 98):
BTW I love the Islands but hate the 20% of the lovely locals who are better than us "haole's" !!! oh yeah and watch out for the maho (forgot the spelling) from oahu

What???

No, Seriously, what?!?

Well lets just say the H1 doesn't end in a friendly place on one end and I'm sure there are many that have run into the locals who dont have that Aloha Spirit. I am just saying that for 3 months of living there they were the only bad memory.If you get a chance off of Ala Mona BLVD and Hobron LN there is a great pub  bigthumbsup  . Oh the "Maho from Oahu" is something a friend of mine encountered. Lets just say it is a person who has gender issues.
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

aloha73g

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Quoting RJwrench85 (Reply 100):
Oh the "Maho from Oahu" is something a friend of mine encountered. Lets just say it is a person who has gender issues.

Its MAHU (pronounced ma-hoo).

Quoting RJwrench85 (Reply 100):
Well lets just say the H1 doesn't end in a friendly place on one end and I'm sure there are many that have run into the locals who dont have that Aloha Spirit.

Hmmm where is this?? Some of the nicest people I've ever met are from Waianae, where "H1 ends." In fact, most of my coworkers from both of my jobs are from Waianae.

As far as the Aloha Spirit goes, having lived here my entire life, I can tell that as with any group of people, there a few bad apples....no where near 20% however. In my experience, you get what you give.

This has nothing to do with go! however.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

Cubsrule

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 83):
Now what could get interesting is that if Mesa is acquitted on appeals it could itself go after SA)">HA seeking damages and repayment of cost incurred.

On what grounds?

Quoting 777ER (Reply 86):
Can someone explain this to me. What is the bond for and how is it used for these things? If SA)">SA)">HA win again with Mesa's appeal then does the full $98million go to SA)">HA?

An appeal bond is basically a guarantee that you'll pay the judgment after the appeal has been decided. So if YV eventually prevails, they get it all back (or the insurer who is paying it for them does). If SA)">HA prevails, the $98 million will be the first $98 million of SA)">HA's damages (assuming, of course, that the damages exceed $98 million). Does that make sense?

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 72):
Having routes, markets or product lines that continually trade at a loss is quite normal part of doing business.

How is it beneficial for customers? It HAS to catch up with them eventually, right?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

777ER
Head Moderator

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:59 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 102):
If SA)">HA prevails, the $98 million will be the first $98 million of SA)">HA's damages (assuming, of course, that the damages exceed $98 million). Does that make sense?

So if HA win, then the full $98mill goes to them even thou HA only won $80mil?
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

HALFA

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:08 am

Quoting 777ER (Reply 103):

That's correct. It includes HA's attorney fees and interest.
Hawaiian Airlines Since 1929...........

H53Epilot

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:38 am

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 57):
I think it does, especially because many of the go! supporters are claiming that go! is a "low cost carrier" and should eb allowed to compete because they "have lower costs," which they don't.

From Wikipedia:
Low Cost Carrier:

A low-cost carrier or low-cost airline (also known as a no-frills or discount carrier / airline) is an airline that offers generally low fares in exchange for eliminating many traditional passenger services. The concept originated in the United States before spreading to Europe in the early 1990s and subsequently to much of the rest of the world. The term originated within the airline industry referring to airlines with a lower operating cost structure than their competitors. Through popular media the term has since come to define any carrier with low ticket prices and limited services regardless of their operating costs.

This is fun.

aloha73g

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting H53Epilot (Reply 105):
From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia!?!

I'm going to bed.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

SkyexRamper

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 pm

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 106):
Wikipedia!?!

I'm going to bed.

That is like taking advise from Pres. Bush on the topic of foreign affairs.  Wink
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

av8rphx

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Mesa Sucks.

It seems the only people who are standing up for Mesa on this thread have either, never worked for JO, are management trolls, perhaps Freedom A List guys (I think there was a good amount of them who went to HI) , or people with SJS and think that it is "OMG ROFL LOLLERSKATES COOL" to fly a CRJ in HI. On that note, today is my 1 year LAMA anniversary.

Edit: anyone else heard the Mesa BOD has asked JO to resign?

[Edited 2007-11-19 09:06:46]

Cubsrule

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 103):

Not necessarily; it depends on the final calculation of costs and attorney fees. If there's excess, YV gets it back.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

aloha73g

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 109):
Not necessarily; it depends on the final calculation of costs and attorney fees. If there's excess, YV gets it back.

Most of that is for interest. Part of the ruling established a 3.9% interest rate which works out to about $8,000 per day extra until Mesa pays. The attorneys fees for HA are about 4.5 million (and climbing I suppose) and they will get all of that that back as long as Mesa doesn't win an appeal.

-Aloha!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos