LASoctoberB6
Topic Author

Continental's Overall Product..

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:02 am

I noticed today that Continental still has cloth seats and TVs that are on the ceiling throughout the cabin. I read about airlines upgrading the cabin and such (DL, UA, AA). Do they ever plan on refurbishing their domestic product, or are they already updating? It just seems that they are just a bit late to the game...
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

commavia

RE: Continental's Overall Product..

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:08 am

Don't misunderstand.

CO does an incredible job - they already have just about the best Y product of any legacy airline in the U.S. A few others - mainly AA, DL and NW - also have good products, but CO doesn't really need to do much upgrading. They're product is already pretty much the best in the business.

COERJ145

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:09 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Thread starter):
I noticed today that Continental still has cloth seats and TVs that are on the ceiling throughout the cabin. I read about airlines upgrading the cabin and such (DL, UA, AA). Do they ever plan on refurbishing their domestic product, or are they already updating? It just seems that they are just a bit late to the game...

CO's domestic product is very comparable(and superior) to AA and UAs. CO has free meals, powerports and good seats, while all other domestic carriers(except for SY) have BOB meals, and in some cases no IFE or powerports. CO is behind B6, F9 and DL in terms of IFE.

LASoctoberB6
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:14 am

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 2):
powerports

I didn't have one... are you talking about in F? I don't think Y has any..

good seats

Eh... they are nice, but cloth is SOOO yesterday.. Big grin

CO is behind B6, F9 and DL in terms of IFE.

I guess that's what I was trying to say..

Evan767

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 am

What do you value more - food? or entertainment? If you chose food, Continental's your airline. If you chose entertainment, Delta, JetBlue, or Frontier is your airline. Of those four carriers I'd say all have excellent service.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

commavia

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 3):
Eh... they are nice, but cloth is SOOO yesterday.

I'll take cloth any day over leather. After four hours sitting on leather, I think my skin begins to bond with the damn rawhide at the molecular level. It's not comfortable, to say the least.

I guess that's what I was trying to say..

IFE is, despite all the attention it gets on A.net and elsewhere on the net, not that important to most travelers. Sure, it's nice to have, but virtually nobody is willing to pay for it. And, further, today in 2007, most people I know who travel a lot either have their laptop or some other type of entertainment (portable DVD player, iPod, etc.).

eghansen

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:29 am

Quoting Commavia (Reply 1):
CO does an incredible job - they already have just about the best Y product of any legacy airline in the U.S. A few others - mainly AA, DL and NW - also have good products, but CO doesn't really need to do much upgrading. They're product is already pretty much the best in the business.

I don't how anybody can say the product on AA's MD80s is good. Cramped cabins, no overhead bin space, no food, no movies or videos, noisy in back, some seats without windows facing a blank wall, coin-operated toilets. (Okay, the last one is an exaggeration.)
Nowadays, it is hard to tell when the commercials end and real life begins

commavia

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting Eghansen (Reply 6):
I don't how anybody can say the product on AA's MD80s is good.

I fly on AA MD80s all the time. I'm usually on one at least 3-4 times each month.

And, I must say, that the AA MD80 is - unless I'm sitting in the last five rows of Y - probably my single favorite Y cabin experience of any airline in the U.S. I absolutely love the MD80s, and I know quite a few other AA FFs just like me. And in F? Forget about it - that is just awesome, if you ask me. That far forward, with the noisy engines all the way aft, it's so quiet up there compared with some other planes I've flown on in both F and Y.

Cramped cabins

I don't find the MD80s cramped at all. Quite the opposite, actually. I have always felt that the narrower, longer fuselage, which meant 2-3 seating versus 3-3, made the seats feel more spacious. In addition, probably my single favorite thing about flying the MD80 is the 2-3 seating: a much lower chance of getting a middle seat, and perfect if you are traveling with one other person.

no overhead bin space

This one confuses me. All of AA's MD80s have extended, extra-deep bins on the 3-seat D-E-F side which, in my experience, provide ample room for people's carry-ons. The only time I've ever seen it present any problem was during the height of winter, on flights to the northeast, when everybody's carrying their thick winter coats. But that is hardly the MD80's fault, and that is true - in my experience - of any plane you fly on at that time of year.

no food

Welcome to America.

Short of a few exceptions (like some CO flights), food in domestic Y in the U.S. these days is pretty much non-existent, regardless of airline or aircraft. Most, including AA, do now offer some type of buy-on-board options, which are getting better: AA is rolling out a test of several new and supposedly improved food options (haven't tried them yet).

asuflyer05

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:54 am

CO's domestic product is average at best. Their service is what blows everyone else out of the water.

Their international business class however is a sorry excuse for one. Why would anyone fly CO when you can have a 180 degree sleeper on UA. I think DL and AA also have sleeper suites.

AirTranTUS

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:59 am

TVs that are on the ceiling throughout the cabin.

Does the 753 have CRT screens over the aisle or drop-down LCD's over the seats. The LCD's are much better than the CRT's. I think of them as being in between a PTV and CRT.

cloth seats

Cloth really doesn't bother me. I'd rather have cloth with adjustable headrest than leather without.

What was the breakfast snack they served?
I love ASO!

jr

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 am

I agree about the MD80 being among the most comfy of domestic aircraft. But I don't know how AA can be rated anywhere near to good when it comes to domestic service or international for that matter. Perhaps better than NW, and maybe... just maybe US, when it comes to legacies, but thats where the AA rating stops, and that doesn't really say much.
I've flown on 9V-SPK.

Alitalia744

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:26 am

I don't how anybody can say the product on AA's MD80s is good. Cramped cabins, no overhead bin space, no food, no movies or videos, noisy in back, some seats without windows facing a blank wall, coin-operated toilets. (Okay, the last one is an exaggeration.)

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of AA's by any stretch, but this comment is ridiculous.

AA's MD80s (while not as comfortable as in the MRTC days) are completely fine.

All airlines are cramped these days.
CO is the only carrier serving comp meals in Y (small, but comp none the less)
No MD80s have videos or movies, neither to tons of DC9s, 737-300/400/500s, NWs entire fleet....
A lot of a/c have windows facing a blank wall.

As for coin operated toilets? This isn't Soul Plane.

The MD80 is one of the most comfortable birds in the sky - hell I'd rather ride thru a storm in a mad-dog than any boeing or airbus out there today...
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

commavia

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 11):
The MD80 is one of the most comfortable birds in the sky - hell I'd rather ride thru a storm in a mad-dog than any boeing or airbus out there today

Amen. And while we're at it, let's talk about the rest of the Douglas product line, including the DC9 and DC10. They just don't make planes like that anymore. It's telling that there are still DC9s and DC10s that were manufactured over 40 and 30 years ago, respectively, that are still flying strong decades later. Can't really say that about too many other aircraft, generally, except maybe the 737s, which are also damn good planes.

Alitalia744

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting Commavia (Reply 12):
Amen. And while we're at it, let's talk about the rest of the Douglas product line, including the DC9 and DC10.

Exactly - the DC line were tanks made to last! Shame they're all being retired.

Quoting Commavia (Reply 12):
Can't really say that about too many other aircraft, generally, except maybe the 737s, which are also damn good planes.

C'mon, honorable mention to the 727, the most beautiful airliner to ever grace the sky.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

UncleBuck

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:58 am

sounds like you were on the 737-300, CO's oldest plane. you can't judge a product based on the interior of one plane which is gradually being phased out.

AirTranTUS

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:59 am

Quoting UncleBuck (Reply 14):
sounds like you were on the 737-300

He was on a 753. He lists the flight number in his signature.
I love ASO!

commavia

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 13):
C'mon, honorable mention to the 727, the most beautiful airliner to ever grace the sky.

Too true, an unfair omission on my part. Those 727 three-holers were beautiful, as well, and also flying tanks.

IAHFLYR

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 8):
CO's domestic product is average at best. Their service is what blows everyone else out of the water.

Isn't service part of a domestic product?  Confused

I know for myself, service is certainly part of any product, from the first time I crack an airline website or hear the attitude and tone in a voice on the phone until I claim my checked luggage from baggage claim (if any was checked).

I have only flown CO in the last oh maybe 9-10 years so can't speak to other airlines, but I find the entire experience excellent about 98% of the time, the other 2% all is very good.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

STT757

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Complimentary meals at meal time, pillows and blankets are something you are only going to find on CO.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

letsgetwet

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:46 pm

I don't think you are ever going to see CO switch to leather seats. I personally think cloth is much more comfortable and durable. I don't have leather furniture for the same reason.

william

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:31 pm

Get a window seat,bring and ipod and noise canceling headphones (Bose QC2s or ATH ANC-7s,my choice) and then every flight will be a good one.

skyjet06

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Quoting AirTranTUS (Reply 9):
Does the 753 have CRT screens over the aisle or drop-down LCD's over the seats

All of the CO 753s have the LCD drop down screens.

sxf24

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 18):
Complimentary meals at meal time, pillows and blankets are something you are only going to find on CO.

Absolutely not true. HA offers complimentary meals, as does DL on domestic routes to AK and HI. AS, HA and WN are a few of the carriers that still offer pillows and blankets domestically.

While CO has a more traditional Y product, its only truly outstanding attribute is its consistency.

AABB777

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 pm

I must say I am a fan of AA's mad-dogs. The F class is a bit 'cramped' compared to the F class on 73s, but the coach cabin is great. The 2-3 seat configuration is excellent if you are traveling with someone ... and when booking a flight last-minute you obviously have less of a chance of getting a middle seat than on a 73, 75, etc. The overhead storage bins, on the D-E-F side, offer plenty of room for carry-ons.

Only negative about the mad-dogs is that there is a better chance the arriving aircraft, set to service your flight, is coming from delay-proned O'Hare. On the 73s you at least know 100% the aircraft is not coming from Chicago - so any delays at O'Hare will hopefully not affect your flight. Just my 'two-cents'!

iahflyer

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:57 pm

What was the breakfast snack they served?

Cheerios, milk, all bev's, banana and a napkin. Thanks CO.
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

fun2fly

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:21 pm

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 24):
Cheerios, milk, all bev's, banana and a napkin. Thanks CO.

And a muffin!

COERJ145

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:36 pm

I didn't have one... are you talking about in F? I don't think Y has any..

F class and the first few rows of Y have them in the 737-800, 757-200, 767-200, 767-400 and in all seats in the 777-200.

STT757

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Quoting Sxf24 (Reply 22):
as does DL on domestic routes to AK and HI.

How many people fly DL to Alaska or Hawaii? In the Lower 48 CO still offers complimentary meals, the other legacies do not. I've flown EWR-MCO-EWR twice this year on CO and had meals on those flights.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

rampart

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Quoting Commavia (Reply 5):
After four hours sitting on leather, I think my skin begins to bond with the damn rawhide at the molecular level. It's not comfortable, to say the least.

I have to ask, but am a little afraid to: exactly how clothed are you when you fly? Or is there a nudist class I'm not aware of?  Smile

-Rampart

sxf24

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 27):
How many people fly DL to Alaska or Hawaii?

More people than fly CO to those same destinations.

Lemurs

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:25 pm

Their international business class however is a sorry excuse for one. Why would anyone fly CO when you can have a 180 degree sleeper on UA. I think DL and AA also have sleeper suites.

That's easy...I will, because I know what kind of service I will get, what to expect when I try to make changes to my itinerary, and how to reach a real human who also happens to speak English as their first language should I have a problem. CO's J seats aren't the cat's meow, but they're comfortable and the rest of the service in the cabin is better than UA/AA/DL in my experience. I think the fact that CO still manages to have very high (and profitable) loads in J suggests other people value that consistency and convenience over just being able to lie flat as well.

Quoting Sxf24 (Reply 22):
Absolutely not true. HA offers complimentary meals, as does DL on domestic routes to AK and HI. AS, HA and WN are a few of the carriers that still offer pillows and blankets domestically.

While CO has a more traditional Y product, its only truly outstanding attribute is its consistency.

Are you seriously suggesting that DL offering meals on two limited non-continental destinations, and HA (which by definition is non-continental) are the same thing as CO offering full meals on all flights over 3 hours? Really? Those are the same thing?

Also, I'd like to point out that not only do they offer meal services, they let you order special meal needs, which BOB doesn't allow. This is important for people like me, who keep kosher, and friends of mine who are gluten sensitive. BOB is pretty much "gluten and sugar" city.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Curiousflyer

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:25 pm

Quoting Rampart (Reply 28):
I have to ask, but am a little afraid to: exactly how clothed are you when you fly? Or is there a nudist class I'm not aware of?

Leather does make me sweat. I do not like it beyond 2 hours. It's great for short haul.

I prefer the CO experience for their (relatively) happy and friendly FAs, competent staff on the phone line, decent food, clean aircraft, fair frequent flyer program, decent lounges and quite often decent fares too. CO looks ridiculous when compared with AF, SQ, BA or others, but when compared to UA, AA or DL, they are great. B6 and VX are very good too, but it is a different story: they have a different structure, only new planes, no international network, limited frequent flyer benefits...

As far as their Businessfirst is concerned, I agree the seats are not the best but I always slept very well in those, got great deals in terms of fares and the food's quality and the great service more than offset the shortcomings of the equipment.

Lemurs

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:49 pm

Quoting Sxf24 (Reply 29):
More people than fly CO to those same destinations.

Hawaii, yes. Alaska, no. CO does way more ops to ANC from IAH/SEA/EWR than DL does from LAS and SLC.

Also, CO differentiates themself in the Hawaii market by offering their International J class service and cabin on their Hawaii flights from the US. It's slightly scaled back in terms of menu choices, but otherwise, it's the same as flying them to Europe. Nice for using those reward miles.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

rampart

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:59 pm

Quoting CuriousFlyer (Reply 31):
Leather does make me sweat. I do not like it beyond 2 hours. It's great for short haul.

I prefer the CO experience for their (relatively) happy and friendly FAs, competent staff on the phone line, decent food, clean aircraft, fair frequent flyer program, decent lounges and quite often decent fares too.

I see! This is one reason I don't get leather for my car seat. That and dog hair tends to be difficult to remove from leather. I agree with you on the rest of CO service and overall product, they're my preference as well. I've not had the opportunity to try JetBlue, Midwest, or Virgin America. Some day.

-Rampart

MSYtristar

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:25 pm

I generally think CO does a very good job, however a group of 15 of my coworkers (who just attended a meeting in LIS), vowed to never fly them TransAtlantic again after they got the classic 757 from EWR to LIS. I was trying to tell them that the 757 is only used on select routes from Europe and that they are all getting new Y cabin upgrades, but to no avail.

diesel33

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:29 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 34):
I generally think CO does a very good job, however a group of 15 of my coworkers (who just attended a meeting in LIS), vowed to never fly them TransAtlantic again after they got the classic 757 from EWR to LIS. I was trying to tell them that the 757 is only used on select routes from Europe and that they are all getting new Y cabin upgrades, but to no avail.

Did they not like CO or just the 757? Or was it both?

mpdpilot

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 pm

Quoting Lemurs (Reply 32):
Hawaii, yes. Alaska, no. CO does way more ops to ANC from IAH/SEA/EWR than DL does from LAS and SLC.

wait just one second here. CO has just one year round route to ANC, and that is through SEA and a seasonal route from IAH. DL on the other hand offers flights from SLC, CVG, ATL to two destinations in AK so I would say that DL probably does more traffic to AK.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

breaker1011

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 pm

Quoting Lemurs (Reply 32):

LEMURS, I don't think that's necessarily correct when you take seasonality into consideration. With some variation in weekly frequencies, here's a recap:

Right now,
CO : 2x 738 SEA-ANC, ( no NS from EWR)
Delta : 1x 757 SLC-ANC

But this past summer high season:
Delta: 1x 763 ATL-ANC, 1x 757 CVG-ANC, 1x 757 SLC-ANC, 1x 757 LAX-ANC, 1x 757 SLC-FAI
Continental: 2x 738 IAH-ANC, 2x 738 SEA-ANC (no NS from EWR)

CO stays nice and strong year-round, but Delta seems to outdo them 2-1 in high season given aircraft size and number of flights, as well as the FAI service. As well, both carriers codeshare with AS. There are also a few holiday extra-section flights to ANC from IAH on CO and ATL on DL, found those looking through December schedules.
Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid. J. Wayne

LASoctoberB6
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Does the 753 have CRT screens over the aisle or drop-down LCD's over the seats.

I couldn't tell if they were CRT or LCD, but I think it was more LCD just because it's resolution seemed higher.

Cheerios, milk, all bev's, banana and a napkin.

We got plain corn flakes and no banana, but got everything else listed above..

And a muffin!

Which my mother and brother said weren't too bad. I didn't eat it because I brought a Cinnabon from the D Gates.. Tasty..  Smile

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 26):
F class and the first few rows of Y have them in the 737-800, 757-200, 767-200, 767-400 and in all seats in the 777-200.

I was in seat 12A, and when I looked on seatguru (which I'm starting to trust less) didn't list the first few rows of Y having powerports.

MSYtristar

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 pm

Quoting Diesel33 (Reply 35):
Did they not like CO or just the 757? Or was it both?

Actually they said both, which was surprising. They said the service wasn't all that great.

mbmbos

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:54 pm

Continental cabins are CLEAN and in good repair. I'd rather sit in a cabin that is in good condition than one that is filled with all of the trendiest features but is a mess. I can't tell you the number of times that I have sat in a seat that had foam poking through the seatcover and crud on seatback tray and greasy windows.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

jetdeltamsy

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:01 pm

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 19):
I personally think cloth is much more comfortable and durable

Comfortable, perhaps. But more durable than leather? Not the leather seats I've seen.

Continental's economy class product is excellent. Like a couple of people have mentioned, I prefer AA's MD80's to the 3x3 config on all Continental narrow body flights.

Give me leather seats anyday.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

sxf24

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Quoting Lemurs (Reply 30):
Are you seriously suggesting that DL offering meals on two limited non-continental destinations, and HA (which by definition is non-continental) are the same thing as CO offering full meals on all flights over 3 hours? Really? Those are the same thing?

No. The statement was that CO is the only airline to offer complimentary meals in Y on domestic flights, which is absolutely false.

CO is a very good airline, their just not the second coming that some people make them out to be.

davescj

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:17 pm

I think DL and AA also have sleeper suites.

Depends what planes you're on. J in AA will be angled lie flat, DL will be real flat 180 (to the best of my understanding).

I do think CO needs to upgrade the BF into flat seats. But that's me.

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 13):

I liked the 727, I liked the L-1011 and I think the 747 is the Queen of the Sky......but the most beautiful? I still vote Concorde. Used to live in the flight path.....watching her was like seeing a ballet dancer in the sky.

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

JetBlueAUS

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:00 pm

I just got done flying Continental Airlines today! They did a wonderful job and they're service truly does blow everyone else out of the water. While I have experienced better on certain other airlines, Continental is a great legacy carrier.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

Analog

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 38):
I was in seat 12A, and when I looked on seatguru (which I'm starting to trust less) didn't list the first few rows of Y having powerports.

Seatguru has shown the powerports in Y rows 7-16 of CO's 752s for at least 10 months now.

Quoting JetBlueAUS (Reply 44):
blow everyone else out of the water.

So that's where they're going wrong. You're not supposed to be in the water in the first place.

Viscount724

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting Commavia (Reply 5):
Eh... they are nice, but cloth is SOOO yesterday.

I'll take cloth any day over leather. After four hours sitting on leather, I think my skin begins to bond with the damn rawhide at the molecular level. It's not comfortable, to say the least.

I agree. I much prefer cloth to leather. The only reason airlines use leather is because it requires less maintenance which offsets the higher initial cost. Very few carriers use leather on longhaul aircraft and those I've encountered are usually those with the worst overall service. There are a few exceptions in premium cabins like SQ's new J class product but that's much higher-quality leather than the usually slippery and stiff leather you find in Y class on many carriers.

Leather is hard to avoid on many shorthaul aircraft but for longhauls I think most people prefer cloth.

Absimilliard

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Add me to those that don't like leather on long flights. I flew AC YUL-YYZ-IND. The A320 from YUL-YYZ was an XM aircraft, so no leather seats. I liked them a lot! The YYZ-IND was on a QK CRJ-200 that "feature" new leather seats... For the one hour flight, fine, but any longer, no! I was already sweating...

One other bad point of the leather seats is that if you have a morning flight and it was very cold the night before, its pretty uncomfortable! Like the time I cleaned a UA Express EMB-170 in YUL... It was -25 outside and even with a heater on, the leather seats were frozen solid!

ManchesterMAN

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:22 pm

I don't like leather seats either. The new 757-200 interior looks pretty nice with AVOD throughout:

http://myaviation.net/?pid=01175294

Are the 737NG's and 753's going to get the same treatment eventually?
Flown: A300,A319,A320,A321,A330,A340.A380,717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC9,DC10,MD11,MD80,F100,F50,ERJ,E190,CRJ,BAe146,Da

codc10

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting Analog (Reply 45):

Seatguru has shown the powerports in Y rows 7-16 of CO's 752s for at least 10 months now.

This is correct, all 757-200s have the system installed in J/Y.

I've only been on two 737-800s with power in 2007 (not counting multiple flights on the same ship), out of about 40, so in my anecdotal experience I would have to believe they haven't upgraded many aircraft up to this point.

I'd love to see AVOD nose-to-tail on the rest of the fleet, but I don't think CO is rushing to make this investment just yet. Power ports on the whole fleet is a reasonable first step, and something that would be very useful and productive.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos