Tkfan
Topic Author

Turkish Airlines Summer 08 Schedule

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:28 am

Next year 8 B738, 6 A320 and 5 A321 will join TK's fleet. 2 B734, 2 321 and 2 A310 will leave.
Rumors has it that Turkish Airlines will add some second hand A330/340 too.

I wonder which new cities will be served and which cities will get additional frequencies?

As of today I got the information of
ex IST

Amsterdam 3 daily from 2 daily
Athens 3 daily from 2 daily
Berlin 2 daily from 12 weekly
Birmingham new 3 weekly
Dubai 9 weekly from daily
Geneva 11 weekly from daily
Manchester 11 weekly from daily
Milan 3 daily from 2 daily
Rome 2 daily from 10 weekly

There are also rumours of increasing flights to:
ex IST

Cairo,
Chicago,
Karachi,
Tehran

and rumours of new flights:
ex IST

Aleppo
Alexandria
Islamabad
Lahore
Toronto

ex ESB

London
Tel Aviv

If you have more precise or detailed informations about the rumours, or schedules about your local airport, please feel free to correct me or add to the list above,

cheers

sbworcs

RE: Turkish Airlines Summer 08 Schedule

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:25 am

Quoting TKfan (Thread starter):
Birmingham new 3 weekly

Yay!!! Finally a new flight at BHX. Any idea what aircraft will be used??
The best way forwards is upwards!

ankaraflyjet

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:11 pm

Please add the following from Ankara ESB

ESB-AMS 3 weekly to 5 weekly
ESB-FRA 4 weekly to daily
ESB-COLOGNE Daily
ESB-ORLY new service

Seasonal Services from May until mid-October,

ESB-COPENHAGEN
ESB-STOCKHOLM
ESB-ZURICH (This may be a permanent service if TK and LX could finalize codeshare)
ESB-BASEL

B747forever

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Quoting Ankaraflyjet (Reply 2):
Seasonal Services from May until mid-October,

ESB-COPENHAGEN
ESB-STOCKHOLM

Great to have TK service in ARN to ESB. Will it be a daily service???

Can we see any long-haul flights from ESB??
Work Hard, Fly Right

MH001

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:45 pm

would they still be interested in serving KUL? it was mentioned that they might return this year but that date has been passed with not a peep from TK.

Its sad that they cannot make KUL work due to the fact its primarily a leisure destination. However, I doubt that there is much business traffic between IST and SIN. What are the Turkish or Singaporean interests in each other's countries, just out of curiosity? Does anyone here know?

LAXintl

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:40 pm

ex ESB

ESB growth has been result of saturation of IST flying, and desire to provide service that bypass IST.

With the ESB flights, TK can manage to feed and provide connectivity over ESB to many central and Eastern Turkish cities.

The only negative I can see about this growth is that with TKs growth in direct ESB-Europe flying, the chance of other airlines commencing service to ESB is reduced.

Quoting MH001 (Reply 4):
What are the Turkish or Singaporean interests in each other

Well now with TK in Star, the importance of both SIN and BKK have increased significantly being Start hubs.

However outside of this, Singapore which has been served by TK since 1986 has always provided a good deal of business traffic and good jumping off point to other regional connections including the decent size Turkish community in Australia.

Similarly Singapore Airlines has done good business at IST having served it since the late 80s.

Since we are talking about Summer 2008 schedules like to add two more points;
- Dont forget TK also provides similar IST bypass service at Izmir using SunExpress whom has set up a base in the city in which TK has an ownership stake in, and also codeshare with
- With withdrawal from AAdavantrage and AA domestic US codeshares effective March 30, 2008 the airline hopefully will have a codeshare in place with with United for the start of the summer season, if not certainly by Winter 08/09.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Tkfan
Topic Author

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Quoting Sbworcs (Reply 1):
Yay!!! Finally a new flight at BHX. Any idea what aircraft will be used??

TK applied for slots on MON, WED and SAT with 738.

If the rumors come true with daily LHE, ISB and KHI you might see an A330 or A340 at peak times

Quoting Ankaraflyjet (Reply 2):

Flights from ESB will be increased to most of its connections

AMS daily
BRU 5 weekly
CGN daily
DUS daily
CPH 3 weekly
FRA 5 weekly
STR 3 weekly
VIE 5 weekly

ESB will see massive increasings once Turkish Airlines decides to use it as a second hub. I wonder that this does not happen, as IST is almost full and and no room to expand

neutral

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Any word on the Dublin to Istanbul flights going from 5 weekly to daily ? in summer 08

gayrugbyman

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:48 pm

What are the timings for the second daily MAN services?

PlymSpotter

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Quoting TKfan (Reply 6):
TK applied for slots on MON, WED and SAT with 738.

If the rumors come true with daily LHE, ISB and KHI you might see an A330 or A340 at peak times

I can certainly see this flight becoming daily once it gets into operation and, as you say an A330 at peak times would not be too large, perhaps even on a daily basis if there are good connections to India/Pakistan and the Middle East.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

MH001

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:24 pm

thanks... you're right there i guess. they also flew to KUL in the 80s but it did not last long. they retried in '99 but it only lasted 2 years.

firiko

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:37 pm

TK growing at the rate it is and expanding like crazy scares me. I am worried it is going to turn into some sort of Alitalia 10 years down the line. There is so much goverment influence on management

Tkfan
Topic Author

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting GayrugbyMAN (Reply 8):
What are the timings for the second daily MAN services?

Currently TK has two different timings ( I guess because of the connections to/from BOM/DEL)

TK1993 IST-MAN 1.34.6 0745-1000
TK1995 IST-MAN .2..5.7 1015-1230

I suppose TK1993 going daily, while TK1995 gets an additional flight

OA260

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Its great to see TK doing so well. Once they come into Star and I can earn and burn miles on them and use the lounges then I will be flying on them alot.

Tkfan
Topic Author

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:35 am

ex ESB

London
Tel Aviv

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 5):
ESB growth has been result of saturation of IST flying, and desire to provide service that bypass IST.

With the ESB flights, TK can manage to feed and provide connectivity over ESB to many central and Eastern Turkish cities.

Quoting TKfan (Reply 6):
Flights from ESB will be increased to most of its connections

AMS daily
BRU 5 weekly
CGN daily
DUS daily
CPH 3 weekly
FRA 5 weekly
STR 3 weekly
VIE 5 weekly

ESB will see massive increasings once Turkish Airlines decides to use it as a second hub. I wonder that this does not happen, as IST is almost full and and no room to expand

After reading this thread again, I start to think Turkish Airlines making the first steps to build its second hub in ESB. I can't believe theres a great O&D traffic between ESB and TLV or any city in the Middle East but for sure insufficient capacity to the rest of Turkey.

In March the Exective board gave the permission to look for up to 8 A319 and yesterday I got to read an article where its said that "....Turkish Airlines is also looking for medium-range types to expand its Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 fleets...."

So theres not only a large number of Widebodies to order but also some NB, I tend to say some more 319, for its Ankara Hub.

TurkishSky

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:13 pm

Dubai 9 weekly from daily

DXB flights go 10 weekly as of mid Jan
Flown 0B 4I 9U A3 AA AB AF AZ BA BD BR CA CU CX EI EK FR HV JK JP JU KK KL KM LH LX MA ME MS NG OA OK QR OS RJ RO SA SK SQ SR SU UA VY YM

Tkfan
Topic Author

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Quoting TurkishSky (Reply 15):
DXB flights go 10 weekly as of mid Jan

correct, my mistake.

just looked at there online timetable again, its going to be 11 weekly starting Jan 24th

Tkfan
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:17 am

Quoting MH001 (Reply 4):
would they still be interested in serving KUL? it was mentioned that they might return this year but that date has been passed with not a peep from TK.

Its sad that they cannot make KUL work due to the fact its primarily a leisure destination. However, I doubt that there is much business traffic between IST and SIN. What are the Turkish or Singaporean interests in each other's countries, just out of curiosity? Does anyone here know?

true, it was even in their timetables, but disappeared when it was about to start? maybe a political or traffic rights issue?
it was planned as a tag-on to their BKK flight. Might be also an economical issue, not much revenue to sustain the extra flight.

Actually it would be a smart move, as their planes idling around in BKK and SIN almost 10 hours. I always thought of to extend the flights BKK (-KUL, MNL?, HAN or TPE?) and SIN (-CGK?)

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 5):
Well now with TK in Star, the importance of both SIN and BKK have increased significantly being Star hubs

This might be an advantage, as SQ or TG can pool them some Pax?

Revo

Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:22 pm

When will we know if the new flights are going to start?

pilotaydin

Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Quoting Firiko (Reply 11):
TK growing at the rate it is and expanding like crazy scares me. I am worried it is going to turn into some sort of Alitalia 10 years down the line. There is so much goverment influence on management

dont worry, we're here to look after the company, we all work very hard here at TK, we aren't going to end up like AZ or AF or whoever else...things are going well at TK, and the country has a population that is numerous enough to support this travel...  Smile

this also shortens my time till captain upgrade lol
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

GFA330

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 pm

Quoting TKfan (Reply 16):
correct, my mistake.

just looked at there online timetable again, its going to be 11 weekly starting Jan 24th

Wonder what the Turkey UAE bilateral says ?? Will EK watch and let this happen ??
EK has been looking for ages to go more then daily ??

Or can we expect EY in the market ??

Anybody ??

Orion737

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 pm

Would like to see TK expand into Africa, particularly West Africa.

LAXintl

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Quoting GFA330 (Reply 20):
Wonder what the Turkey UAE bilateral says ?? Will EK watch and let this happen ??
EK has been looking for ages to go more then daily ??

Turkey has additional unused rights to the UAE.

Remember EK has chosen to limits is passenger operations to Turkey to allow for additional frequencies to be used for cargo operations. EK Cargo operates near daily A310F service to IST.

Dont forget also that Air Arabia also serves Turkey, while others such as SIA have 5th freedom rights via DXB to Turkey in addition to others like Pakistan, India etc. which do not make use of such rights at the moment.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Tkfan
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 22):

thanks for clarification, I wondered too if EK will increase its flights to, didn't thought about their cargo operations and that they can switch

Do you know if the bi-laterals are made with each Emirate or UAE as a whole? Turkish Airlines has also 4 weekly AUH service, this would add to 18 a week?

Quoting Revo (Reply 18):
When will we know if the new flights are going to start?

at latest summer 08 Big grin
I remember, last summer the ESB-LHR flights were loaded on Amadeus, but this never happened....
on the other hand they succeeded to open 25 new routes within a season, though everything is possible

Quoting GFA330 (Reply 20):
Or can we expect EY in the market ??

Would love to see EY in IST

AH332

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi,

Any word on TK's IST-ALG flights? Are they adding frequencies or increasing capacities, because I heard the route is doing quite well for them? I plan to take the flight this summer!  Smile Hope it all works out.

Cheers,
Imad
Bledi Heya Al Djazaeer! // Next Flights: AB MIA-DUS-ORY, AF ORY-MRS-ALG

LIPZ

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Amsterdam 3 daily from 2 daily

Already loaded up on www.thy.com
3rd daily flight effective from 18 June, 2008 with night-stop

TK 1955 IST 0710pm AMS 0950pm
TK 1956 AMS 0700am IST 1150am

Tkfan
Topic Author

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:35 am

Quoting LIPZ (Reply 25):

the timetable on thy.com works just seasonal, so you cant check the scheds for the next season.
the schedules you got, are these from So07.

TK19551956 will start from 30 march 2008, same timings

GFA330

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:24 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 22):
Turkey has additional unused rights to the UAE.

Remember EK has chosen to limits is passenger operations to Turkey to allow for additional frequencies to be used for cargo operations. EK Cargo operates near daily A310F service to IST.

Dont forget also that Air Arabia also serves Turkey, while others such as SIA have 5th freedom rights via DXB to Turkey in addition to others like Pakistan, India etc. which do not make use of such rights at the moment.

Agree I do know that, but would find it strange that EK would sit back and say OK no problem, we prefer to keep our Cargo frequencies. EK operates 5 weekly cargo frequencies to IST, but are currently struggling to keep that profitable. There have been ad hoc cancellation in the past weeks, ever since QR started operating 2 weekly A300 freighters.

On a separate note SIA do not have 5th freedom rights at the moment to DXB.

For some reason SIA has been reprimanded by CAA recently on this matter, think there is some kind of dispute cooking there. It has however always been allowed.

In addition to the above MH has announced that IST KUL, will also convert to IST DXB KUL

Rgds

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos