Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stealth777
Topic Author

UA Self-Check-In Comps Are [email protected] 30Nov

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 pm

Just a heads up for those flying UA from SFO. This morning when I was walking thru the terminal I noticed that all the self check in kiosks were down. UA was checking people in the old fashioned way. Lines were long so give yourself extra time if you are flying UA out of SFO today.

So is this problem just related to SFO, or is the entire UA self check-in kiosks down? any feedback would be appreciated.

-Stealth

planecrazy2

RE: UA Self-Check-In Comps Are [email protected] 30Nov

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up, seems United is having major problems with their computers today. Good thing I'm flying out of SFO this afternoon.  mad 
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

PlunaCRJ

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Good thing the good ole´ manual check-in exists.

platinumfoota

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:38 pm

Its happend before hope it doesnt take much time to fix. The real delays are going to be at LAX, its raining so that means about 20 acciedents on the 405.
Never forget United 93

Bicoastal

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:00 pm

I flew out of San Diego today on UA to Denver. All kiosks were down and the agents' computers were slow. But they had the lobby very well organized and all customers were checked in by agents. The agent checking me in said she usually would go home at 11 but was going to stay over to help.....NICE!! She said her computer was slow, but it was working....unlike earlier when she said all computers locked up. From what I could tell, the only delays were weather related due to the much needed rain in San Diego/the Southwest.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

durangomac

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 am

My mother was trying to get listed for a flight last night and was having problems with the VRU listing system. After holding a long time for an agent she finally got through. The agent stated they were having issues with their system and it's effecting a lot of things. So it started last night but by late afternoon the system appeared to have at least speeded back up. Not sure if they got the ECU's back up and running though.

hawaiian717

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:49 am

UA kiosks were down Wednesday morning in HNL; agents had to check everyone in. Didn't seem like the computers were running slow though. The agents blamed an overnight software upgrade.

azncsa4qf744er

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 am

At 0930 CST UA WHQ sent out a message that they were updating the system. The update should only last one minutes. However, that lasted over an hour or two. Check-in and gates were slow but all in order. Way to go UNITED!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos