caribbean484

RE: Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part 24

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:09 pm

http://sunstkitts.com/paper/?asknw=v...005&an=172959067912072007&ac=Local

A new SKB airline will operate the caribbean skies next Saturday because of sky high regional airfares. Good luck to them.
All ah we is one family

captaink

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:35 pm

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 52):
A new SKB airline will operate the caribbean skies next Saturday because of sky high regional airfares. Good luck to them.

Hmm lets watch another attempt at running jets on 15 minute interisland flights. The Dornier has better economics than the 146s that Carib Express decided to use, but nevertheless, I am wary. Wish them all the best.
Look Up

caribbean484

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 51):
....I e-mailed Caribbean Sun and coincidentally received this reply yesterday!

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 51):
Also- good luck to Airone Jamaica. I think that like CAL and CWIA they can co-exist and provide citizens with greater options...

Well I don't necessarily think that those airlines can coexist, Airone Jamaica will be competing with JM for market and they will be competing with CAL too.
All ah we is one family

albird87

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Just been reading up on another topic about UA and international Expansion. Do UA serve any destinations here in the Caribbean?? I know back in the days (around the early 90s) they use to serve us here from MIA (i think). Why dont UA try and some services from either ORD, IAD or DEN?? Is it basically a range problem or is there really no demand for this??

hummingbird

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 55):

I know of MBJ, that is served from ORD.
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

trintocan

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:23 pm

UA used to serve POS too, they came in 1992 after taking over the Pan Am route (along with the rest of that airline's Latin American network). The route to MIA was operated with a 757 and stopped in CCS though at peak times they also offered direct services to JFK. UA left in 1994 after the employee buyout led to restructuring. CCS followed a few years later. UA's brittle financial condition plus the strength of AA, DL and CO in the region are likely to dictate against any Caribbean expansion.

So we are seeing a virtual explosion of airlines in the Caribbean in the wake of the perceived regional strangleholds of LI (inter-island since the 8B merger), BW (POS services) and JM (KIN and MBJ services). One hopes they survive -the region may be sunny and beautiful but is unkind to many airlines (think about IM, C2 and 8B itself). One could say that 8B was the original Caribbean low cost airline.

TrinToCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

caribbean484

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Just been reading up on another topic about UA and international Expansion. Do UA serve any destinations here in the Caribbean?? I know back in the days (around the early 90s) they use to serve us here from MIA (i think). Why dont UA try and some services from either ORD, IAD or DEN?? Is it basically a range problem or is there really no demand for this??

UA used to have a presence in the Caribbean in the 80s and very early 90s, however now they operato tORD-SJU, IAD-SJU, MBJ-ORD(USair), SXM-ORD and SXM-IAD.
All ah we is one family

speedbird2263

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:11 am

Quoting Jm017 (Reply 47):
I guess they figure (or hope) to have the same kind of success that was had when Digicel introduced it's cellular service to Jamaica.

A valid 'guess' in my view of things. There's a saying you see, that in the game of cricket/football etc., "the ball is round", so this really can go either way. Whose to say that when JM is divested in a couple of months as has been mentioned, that it wont be merged with the planned LCC.  scratchchin  Just a thought really.
As for the 737-300, *sigh...I cant say that Im very fond of that plan as I wasn't with plans by former head honcho at JM to acquire the old birds. In the name of getting the company up and running "efficiently" I can validate such an acquisition, however since the name of the game is LCC, and with todays' oil prices, wouldn't it be wiser to get started with something a little bit more efficient, i.e Newer or smaller; *73NG/ E-jet

One thing is sure, they'll need quite a bit of marketing and good PR at that, and judging from JM's performance in effectively marketing the airline, they(Airone) will have to do a heck of a Lot better than that to secure the

Quote:
one million tourist arrivals to Jamaica within five years

From a passenger point of view Im thrilled and glad to hear of the possibility of cheaper fares. I too believe that there is room for another player without effectively killing of the other, good marketing, savvy management and top-notch planning is what is needed here....a.k.a Industry Experience...which I believe coincides with what was mentioned of the possibility of Conway acting as a consultant to the group.

From a Pilot's perspective, which I hardly hear talk of in this thread, It sounds equally exciting however Im being cautiously optimistic. Let's be real, flight deck crew positions in the Caribbean are as hard to get into as it may be to get a spot as Shuttle Commander on Endeavour  grumpy , IMHO of course, simply because of the lack of positions or more likely the glut of pilots available. This is even more true than ever before since the major carriers such as CAL and JM have cut service and returned aircraft. So looking from the "flight-deck" I see a glimer of hope for my winged brothers in the Caribbean. Who's to say AirOne wont give NK and AA a real good run for their money and turn a profit at that, which JM had found next to impossible to do over the past couple of years, and moving on to become the Southwest of Caribbean.

As with all things said and done, Time will tell; so lets wait and see.  crossfingers 
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

bw415

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:55 am

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 59):
One thing is sure, they'll need quite a bit of marketing and good PR at that, and judging from JM's performance in effectively marketing the airline, they(Airone) will have to do a heck of a Lot better than that to secure the

Quote:
one million tourist arrivals to Jamaica within five years

I agree but I think that they are already off on the wrong foot in terms of selling themselves.. AirOne... I mean what kind of name is that!?!??!!

It tells me nothing about the airline.. what they could stand for... where they fly.. where they could be based.. or anything of the sort.. if they are trying to compete with Air Jamaica for tourists to the island.. THEY WILL NOT SUCCEED in wooing tourists and outsiders from Jamaica... its just not a convincing name and to the layman on the street as the name AirOne has no affiliation with Jamaica...

They have already made their future marketing efforts more challenging and perhaps futile.. their only potential customer base so far would seem to be Jamaicans who refuse to fly JM and I can only imagine that that number is not enough to keep a low cost carrier alive... JM will eat them alive if they ever get started with a name like that!

regards,
bw415
Caribbean Airlines the warmth of the islands

speedbird2263

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:04 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 60):
It tells me nothing about the airline.. what they could stand for... where they fly.. where they could be based.. or anything of the sort.. if they are trying to compete with Air Jamaica for tourists to the island.. THEY WILL NOT SUCCEED in wooing tourists and outsiders from Jamaica... its just not a convincing name and to the layman on the street as the name AirOne has no affiliation with Jamaica...

Quote:
"We have made a formal application to the Jamaican Civil Aviation Authority under the name of Airone Ventures Ltd, although this isn't the name that we will be flying under.

Wink
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

bw415

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 61):
Quote:
"We have made a formal application to the Jamaican Civil Aviation Authority under the name of Airone Ventures Ltd, although this isn't the name that we will be flying under.

LOL .. my apologies

captaink

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:35 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 58):
MBJ-ORD(USair)

US doesn't fly from MBJ to ORD. MBJ had flights to PIT PHL and CLT, I think now it is just PHL and CLT.

I agree but I think that they are already off on the wrong foot in terms of selling themselves.. AirOne... I mean what kind of name is that!?!??!!

Think about an airline like that in the southern caribbean. "Ay boy, yuh nah hear dat AirOne have cheap ticket to New York?"

Many VFR caribbean passengers could careless, about airplane type, airline name etc. Many just go for the cheapest. Classic example, the flights operated by TravelSpan. What kind of name is TravelSpan? From the VFR passengers point of view who cares.

There are some who do give much thought as to the airline they fly, but those are loyal, BW/JM or AA passengers, but they may not be the majority.
Look Up

A388

Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:32 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 58):
UA used to have a presence in the Caribbean in the 80s and very early 90s, however now they operato tORD-SJU, IAD-SJU, MBJ-ORD(USair), SXM-ORD and SXM-IAD.

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 56):

I know of MBJ, that is served from ORD.

It surprises nobody mentioned AUA! UA flies to AUA from ORD and IAD!

A388

caribbean484

Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 63):
US doesn't fly from MBJ to ORD. MBJ had flights to PIT PHL and CLT, I think now it is just PHL and CLT.

I think that is seasonal but both USair and UA are flying ORD-MBJ for the season.
All ah we is one family

captaink

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 65):
I think that is seasonal but both USair and UA are flying ORD-MBJ for the season.

UA metal, codeshare US. US doesn't have a big presence in ORD. To the caribbean on US metal, for the now and the distant future can only be from PHL, CLT, LGA (for islands with pre US clearance, such as NAS and AUA), and who knows maybe PHX, but that I doubt.

AUA gets everything and everyone it seems. LOL A388 what is the current list like?
Look Up

beeweel15

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:47 am

AirOne... I mean what kind of name is that!?!??!!

An Italian carrier currently operating:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Daniele Veronelli

aa1818

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 63):
Think about an airline like that in the southern caribbean. "Ay boy, yuh nah hear dat AirOne have cheap ticket to New York?"

Many VFR caribbean passengers could careless, about airplane type, airline name etc. Many just go for the cheapest. Classic example, the flights operated by TravelSpan. What kind of name is TravelSpan? From the VFR passengers point of view who cares.

There are some who do give much thought as to the airline they fly, but those are loyal, BW/JM or AA passengers, but they may not be the majority.

Agree 100%.

But I also think that the new airline will have a very flash, very Jamaica name.

It's good to see new ventures popping up and entrepenuers willing to take risk. Not all will succeed, but it's good to see Caribbean businessmen taking the initiative in the aviation industry!

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 68):
t's good to see new ventures popping up and entrepenuers willing to take risk. Not all will succeed, but it's good to see Caribbean businessmen taking the initiative in the aviation industry!

Hopefully one will survive if history repeats itself all will fail  Sad !! Personally I can't wait to see when we have some real consolidation in Caribbean Aviation!!

Inbound you still using the yahoo email??

Is WIT still in the hangar?? Just wanted to know so that I will make sure and get an "A" window seat when I go to POS on Tuesday!!

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

A388

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:54 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 66):
LOL A388 what is the current list like?

AUA gets scheduled flights from all major U.S. airlines except NW. Most of them even operate twice daily on weekends next to their regular daily flights throughout the week. UA is the only airline that serves AUA only on weekends (ORD/IAD).

A388

aa1818

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 69):
Is WIT still in the hangar?? Just wanted to know so that I will make sure and get an "A" window seat when I go to POS on Tuesday!!

Inbound said he's gonna e-mail me the photo soon- so i'll forward it to you as soon as I get it. We need to figure out how to get it on here!!

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

caribbean484

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:40 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 71):
Inbound said he's gonna e-mail me the photo soon- so i'll forward it to you as soon as I get it. We need to figure out how to get it on here!!

Hey AA1818 can you forward it to my hotmail too. And do you know of the dry lease 738, more info will be appriciated.
All ah we is one family

westindian425

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 68):
But I also think that the new airline will have a very flash, very Jamaica name.

Just think...Yah'd Airways, or BongoTown Interntional.  Wink
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

bloodyrascal

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Hey Rumor has it that Zoom Airlines is starting a KIN-YYZ service?

mbj-11

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Quoting WestIndian425 (Reply 73):
Yah'd Airways, or BongoTown Interntional.

That's for the tourists friend............they'd never get any Jamaican flying them with a name like that. Big grin
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

A388

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 pm

AA1818

Why not let us all enjoy the Caribbean Airlines Express photos by posting it in this thread? You can even put it on myaviation.net....

A388

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:04 am

Am when you get it just upload it to your photos and click on posting help and they should tell you how to post it!!

Another question are the runway works at POS finish??
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:07 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 76):
Why not let us all enjoy the Caribbean Airlines Express photos by posting it in this thread? You can even put it on myaviation.net....

A388

For us photo newbies, we weren't quite sure how to go about it, but rest assured our intention is to show it to you guys ASAP. No e-mail from Inbound yet, but I'm sure he's working on it. I'm anxious to see this since when I landed in POS last Sunday evening, the hangar lights were to dim for me to see WIT properly. She was predominantly white from what I could see though!

AA1818

albird87

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:47 am

KX look for new jet for cayman brac- US services!!
http://www.caycompass.com/cgi-bin/CFPnews.cgi?ID=1027053

basic story is that our sister islands want to have direct services to destinations and remove having to connect via GCM. However until Little Cayman gets a new airport, they will still have to have a twin otter service. A decision is to be made in January.

I am looking forward now to a ERJ-170/190 in our fleet now!!
However i feel that KX are looking at this the wrong way in the service. They say the demand for services to the sister island is there but i could see that this aircraft could be used also on flights also from GCM to MBJ/KIN (increase frequency- one in the morn and another at night- for the biz passengers..... like what JM express use to do) and maybe looking at central america and possible other thinner routes to the USA.

If KX could also get persmission to have a daily HAV flight, these aircraft could be used on services like that also. They can still then do a CYB-USA and rotate the aircraft/s around.

Inbound

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:48 am

Sorry guys, was out all day. I sent the pic of "tango" to AA1818.

BWIA772, yes I still use the yahoo email, and more than likely if you hog the left seats on tuesday, you should see WIT hanging around the hangars.

CAL is trying to do quite a lot over the next few weeks. I wish them all the best.
Maintain own separation with terrain!

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:49 am

Ok guys here she is WIT in her new scheme

Big version: Width: 1006 Height: 612 File size: 104kb
inbound photo of CAL dash 8
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:00 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 81):
Ok guys here she is WIT in her new scheme

Once again- the humming bird looks fantastic, but the titles are horrific...those titles also seem much thinner- i.e proportionately off!!! is it just me or are you guys seeing that too??

would be so easy to just paint the front half of the aircraft in the purple or even a blue or green colour to breakup the white. But no one with power in the airlines ever thinks about something so simple being an aesthetic solution!!!

AA1818

bw415

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:26 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 82):
Once again- the humming bird looks fantastic, but the titles are horrific...those titles also seem much thinner- i.e proportionately off!!! is it just me or are you guys seeing that too??

I dunno the titles just look scaled down to me.. it doesn't really seem thinner.. the paint job though is definitely a bit blah.. could have had a small bird up front or something.. adding a colour to the white would not really conform to the 737 paint job and larger titles would have been blocked by the prop..

its just paint anyways... I cant wait till she takes to the skies  Smile

bw415

A388

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 83):
I dunno the titles just look scaled down to me.. it doesn't really seem thinner.. the paint job though is definitely a bit blah.. could have had a small bird up front or something.. adding a colour to the white would not really conform to the 737 paint job and larger titles would have been blocked by the prop..

You are absolutely right, the livery is too white. It can use at least another hummingbird logo in the forward fuselage and Express titles as well because I don't see Caribbean Airlines Express mentioned from the angle of the photo. Wasn't this the idea to start a "Express" airline to feed to Caribbean Airlines' mainline fleet?

A388

bw415

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:04 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 84):
I don't see Caribbean Airlines Express mentioned from the angle of the photo. Wasn't this the idea to start a "Express" airline to feed to Caribbean Airlines' mainline fleet?

Actually no.. there is no such entity as CALX the dash 8's just form part of the CAL fleet .. no distinction at all.. they aren't taking the BWEE approach by calling their inter regional dash 8 service an express.

bw415

caribbean484

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:26 am

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 83):

Is it finished, because i agree with you guys on that. Its just too plain and and the livery is too small. They should have done a job like the 737s
All ah we is one family

hummingbird

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:24 am

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 74):

I found this website.

http://www.ggtours.ca/index.php?page=airlines&airline=Z4

I will assume the seats are sold through this company. Compared with JM, the baggage allowance to is very attractive.
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

A388

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 85):
Actually no.. there is no such entity as CALX the dash 8's just form part of the CAL fleet .. no distinction at all.. they aren't taking the BWEE approach by calling their inter regional dash 8 service an express.

bw415

Oww okay, thanks for the explanation bw415  Smile

A388

aa1818

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 85):

I prefer that approach. From an employee standpoint, hopefully it will not be sub-standard service. Also- it's kinda dumb when CAL itself is so small (6 a/c) to have a regional arm with almost as many a/c...hehehe.

I wish CAL all the best with their new regional services and wish they'd make a public announcement soon. The media knows they are going regional but can't seem to figure out which destinations they will be serving...c'mon CAL- public announcements!??!?!?!?!

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 87):
http://www.ggtours.ca/index.php?page=airlines&airline=Z4

Great to see Zoon expanding and doing well in the region. I have a few friends who fly Zoom between POS and YYZ and they say the service is fine, flights generally on time and the baggage allowance is great. Never been to Canada, but if I was going, i'd definitely consider Zoom. Zoom are also expanding to the UK etc from Canada isn't that so. Don't they also fly to Bermuda?

AA1818

captaink

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:04 pm

I will assume the seats are sold through this company. Compared with JM, the baggage allowance to is very attractive.

This is not the first time Zoom has operated on behalf of GG Tours to Grenada, and I am sure it has done flights to Trinidad before. I have worked a many Zoom flights. GG Tours, over the years (usually christmas and summer) have used SkyService (330, 320), Air Transat (310, L1011) and once a very long time ago, they used ATA (L1011). Recently Zoom has been the airline of choice.
Look Up

bw415

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:16 pm

I haven't read any other info on this but for those who wish to follow I will post a link.. A Virgin 747 rolled off the runway in ANU while making the turn to backtrack and got their left landing gear stuck in the mud!.. ANU had to be closed as well to get the aircraft clear of the runway.. that pilot must be feeling sooooo embarassed.. lol..
VS Off Runway In ANU?. (by Leezyjet Dec 8 2007 in Civil Aviation)

No other news reports are available online from any of the Antiguan newspapers I checked.

bw415

aa1818

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:39 pm

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 91):
that pilot must be feeling sooooo embarassed.. lol..

I wonder what the inbound flights will doing? Surely over the weekend there are Caribbean Airlines, British Airways and Air Jamaica flights to ANU? Poor pilot- causing chaos!! To be fair, he probably doesn't mind- he's stuck in ANU for a few days sipping pina coladas on the beach!! hehehe

AA1818

bloodyrascal

Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Knowing Jamaicans they wouldnt ask for it any better. its a weekly service on thursdays. and JM is dropping MBJ-BON service on March 8th 2008. (got this from wikipedia dont know if this is reliable)

wadadli

Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 92):
A Virgin 747 rolled off the runway in ANU while making the turn to backtrack and got their left landing gear stuck in the mud!

Yup this is true. The pilot misjudged his turn by a mile! (not literally  Silly) It went over the media and it became like carnival up there with lots of police trying to control traffic etc. Needless to say i was among that crowd  Smile. My personal feeling is that the pilot had a few too many drinks earlier that day at the hotel and i think a breathalyzer test should have been taken if it was not lol. Pax were put in busses back to the main terminal and put up in hotels until today. The aircraft was towed back to the terminal and will get the all clear likely today.

I feel very sorry for VS because this is the second time in a week their flight has been delayed. Last saturday, the flight back to london had main landing gear issues with errors showing up in the cockpit. That was delayed 24 hrs and left on the sunday. They had to put up 420 pax last sat night and almost 450 pax last night! Sounds like a big bill to me!. Most were happy to have an extra day of sun and i'm sure it is so much sweeter with VS footing the bill  Silly. Anyway, the VS mishap last night caused some serious inconvenience with AA being forced to cancel 2 eagle flights last night, BA departed after 1 am for london but they did allow smaller planes (i think inclusive of LI) to land over VS since VS was at the top of the runway leaving more than enough room to stop or take off.

Whats going on VS? Think the pilot is gonna have to come up with a good explanation because his mistake caused many many thousand dollars in hotel, food and taxi bills and not to mention the loss of use of the aircraft and the affect it had on the other carriers.

captaink

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:48 pm

Quoting Wadadli (Reply 94):
My personal feeling is that the pilot had a few too many drinks earlier that day at the hotel and i think a breathalyzer test should have been taken if it was not lol.

Come on man don't say that. We don't know what the situation was. Planes overrun runways all the time, during landing, aborted takeoffs, turns, it is nothing too strange. In GND, BA did the same once while doing the turn for takeoff. Another time there was some fiasco while parking on the tarmac, and upon turning, it hit the light pole, and the flight was delayed for a day. Things happen, in airports in the caribbean, and around the world.
Look Up

aa1818

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:55 pm

Quoting Bloodyrascal (Reply 93):
and JM is dropping MBJ-BON service on March 8th 2008. (got this from wikipedia dont know if this is reliable)

That's the kinda stuff I was asking about in a previous thread.
What other routes can we see JM dropping- for whatever reason. Perhaps high priced tickets and full planes aren't enough to keep routes!! Sometimes routes are dropped for other reasons; can we expect JM to drop any other routes and downsize in the immediate future? LAX, MCO, PHL, ATL? At least some action is being taken in the reorganization of JM. I wish them all the best and bright future (brighter than their livery- if that's possible!!) heheheheh

Merry Christmas
AA1818

miafll

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:54 pm

Rumour that Airone will be called "Reggae Air"

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:28 pm

Quoting Miafll (Reply 97):

Nice they should be able to come up with a pretty good brand and marketing campaign!!!

Anyways check out this modified JM livery

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00009224.jpg

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

albird87

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:02 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 98):

wow thats cool... Maybe the engines need to be a bit more purple rather than pinkish.
Is this just a working of your own, or JM going to rebrand this??
Also a hope for a 787??

aa1818

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 98):

Now if that was the livery, i'd fly JM just to fly on such a good looking bird. Same old colours, but the livery really makes them look unbelieveable!!

Whoever did that should go into marketing....that rebranding effort is AMAZING!!!!!!

To all the Jamaicans out there- start e-mailing the JM CEO and tell him to paint all a/c like this!!!! WOW

I literally love that!!! Perhaps my all time favourite fictional livery!!!

AA1818

aa1818

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:27 am

Quoting Miafll (Reply 97):

Me likes!! I think that locals and foreigners will take to the new airline alike, once the service, times and fares are right. I hope Reggae Air has a fantastic livery. Hopefully then JM will feel compelled to adopt that fantastic livery posted by BWIA772.

In Trinidad some years ago when charters were still small, many thought that Trinis would not leave the mainstream BW and AA, but now ppl are content travelling Travelspan, Constellation, Zoom, NorthAmerica, Xtra etc etc even into Tobago with XL airways among others.

AA1818

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos