Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BWIA 772
Topic Author

RE: Caribbean/Caribe/Caraibes Aviation Part 24

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 am

For those of you who collect models aeroclassics released these as part of their December releases

http://www.400scalehangar.net/releases/BWIADC-9.jpg
http://www.400scalehangar.net/releases/BWIADC-9Cara.jpg

Regs 9Y TGC Maracas Bay and 9Y TGP with We Are The Caribbean titles. Only 222 examples of each model were produced!!! In the future I hope Aeroclassics looks at producing BW MD80 in the gold and green livery, and A321. For JM 727, A300 in the white JM livery along with the and A310 in the current livery. It would be awesome to get C2 732 as well!!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © JetPix
View Large View Medium

Photo © Frank Schaefer

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

captaink

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting Miafll (Reply 97):
Rumour that Airone will be called "Reggae Air"

Hot name.. I think it can a few great marketing campaigns.

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 98):
Anyways check out this modified JM livery

Now that is a good livery. I would put the Jamaican flag next to the registration as the colours don't go very well with the rest of the bird. But apart from that, quite splendid I say.

A1818, the current JM scheme looks good as well. But I know you and I would never agree on this.. Big grin
Look Up

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 103):

Now that is a good livery. I would put the Jamaican flag next to the registration as the colours don't go very well with the rest of the bird. But apart from that, quite splendid I say

Agreed that would be one awesome livery to see in person. Hopefully we may see a livery update when JM is finished being restructured!! I would love to see that livery flying into BGI and then on the tarmac on a busy Saturday!

Quoting Captaink (Reply 103):
Hot name.. I think it can a few great marketing campaigns.

A few... I can think of tons!! Big grin
Eagles Soar!

aa1818

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 102):
Regs 9Y TGC Maracas Bay and 9Y TGP with We Are The Caribbean titles. Only 222 examples of each model were produced!!! In the future I hope Aeroclassics looks at producing BW MD80 in the gold and green livery, and A321. For JM 727, A300 in the white JM livery along with the and A310 in the current livery. It would be awesome to get C2 732 as well!!

You have those already??? Next time i'm in Bim, i'm coming to check out your collection- so make sure you have them all on display nicely eh!!!! hehehe

Captaink- you and I will agree to disagree on that hideous mess of colours that JM calls a livery currently!!! hehehehehe

Seasons Greetings
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

westindian425

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:16 am

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 101):
but now ppl are content travelling Travelspan, Constellation, Zoom, NorthAmerica, Xtra etc etc even into Tobago with XL airways among others.

People are not content travelling on Constipation. There are still way too many complaints there. The others seem to fare well.

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 102):
Regs 9Y TGC Maracas Bay and 9Y TGP with We Are The Caribbean titles.

Those colors bring back memories...

Now that's a nice livery! May modify the engine a bit, though, but I like it.

Quoting Bw415 (Reply 91):
A Virgin 747 rolled off the runway in ANU while making the turn to backtrack and got their left landing gear stuck in the mud!.. ANU had to be closed as well to get the aircraft clear of the runway

I'm sorry to hear that happened. It's bad enough it's a 747, but to make it worse, it's a fully-loaded 747! I'm sure there are photos somewhere about this incident.
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

speedbird2263

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 am

Hol on deh Boss Wheel and come again ...I Like the foundational colours, except for that horrible "pink" and I like the mesh...howver it needs quite a bit more work to perfect it.

[Edited 2007-12-09 23:25:33]
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

speedbird2263

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:11 pm

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...r/20071207/business/business1.html

Some more Interesting information on Airone Venture's Limited.

Quote:
Airone has asked the CAA for permission to operate as many as 18 flights per week from gateways in Kingston and Montego Bay into Fort Lauderdale and New York in the US.

Airone Ventures, in a copy of an outline of its business plan obtained by the Financial Gleaner, said it has successfully raised US$30 million (J$2.1 billion) so far from private investors to begin its operations.

It plans to operate a fleet of five new Boeing 737s in the first eight months, with the intention of expanding to eight aircraft in two years.

scratchchin  Interesting times ahead; what I found most interesting as well was the fact that Digicel may have a strong arm in the marketing of the airline. With the outreach capabilities that Digicel already has in place, Id hazard to say that marketing's gonna be a doozy. Imagine, getting special sales by text If you join a particular membership like Spirit Airlines $9 club. Oh the possibilities and get this....they sound really positive of becoming the first truly regional airline....just as Digicel is virtually the main regional Telecommunications giant. *sniff......do I smell the Southwest of the Caribbean?  dollarsign  cool 

caribbean484

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 am

Intresting analysis of BGI tourism travel this year
http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewViewNewsleft.cfm?Record=33947

Quote:

Capacity out of Canada decreased by ten per cent, however load factors increased from 79 per cent to 85 per cent, both resulting from the loss of BWIA from this route. Conversely in the United Kingdom, there was growth in both capacity and traffic by four per cent in each case, despite the loss of BWIA, indicating growth in existing carriers. Overall capacity out of the US fell by five per cent, with traffic falling by just one per cent, indicating the shedding of unused capacity. The loss of BWIA would have contributed to the loss in capacity. With regards to the Caribbean, capacity was reduced by eight per cent with load factors decreasing by three per cent, the first time in some years that capacity in the Caribbean has decreased. This was the result of the alliance between LIAT and Caribbean Star and the subsequent purchase of the latter. (JH)

All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 am

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 108):
Some more Interesting information on Airone Venture's Limited.

Reading this article, it seems to me that they are very ambitious in their plan, but they are forgetting that they will face mounting pressure from JM and if they also decide to en-roach in CAL territories they will face a mounting campaign too. Lets see how they really do, because airlines that have a model like theirs did not last too long if history is to repeat itself again.
All ah we is one family

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 110):

They are going to have one tuff time establishing themselves in Jamaica and if they do manage to do that successfully it is going to be quite sometime before they launch flights to POS and GEO  rotfl   duck 

Anyways CAL SUCKS!!! what is the sense of having web check in just to be told your reservation is in order but you still have to check in at the airport!!!  thumbsdown 

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 105):

You have those already??? Next time i'm in Bim, i'm coming to check out your collection- so make sure you have them all on display nicely eh!!!! hehehe

Sure man, as the trini ad says "when yuh coming!!"

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

hummingbird

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 110):

Based on the following information, we can deduce AirOne will have certain advantages over JM.

1. Human Resources Cost

This has been JM's biggest overhead. As a LCC, Airone will have the ability to have a pay scale that is commensurate with their operations. It is a fact, the company will have no problems filling the vacant positions.

2. Operating Cost of Aircraft.

Based on studies conducted, it was decided on the B 737, even ancient was the only aircraft the company could utilise according to their business model. The proposes routes are within the aircrafts range. Once they have established themselves, they will proceed to more fuel efficient aircrafts. The 737s will be operated using less weight, by removing certain cabin and galley equipment. The base of the company will be KIN, who recently announced the desire for increased airlift to that airport. I heard the concessions they got from The NMIA was irresistible.

3. Reduction of RON.

Another headache for JM. Due to the structure of the hub, most aircraft are away from base. Before Mr Conway's departure, his plan was to reduce RON to four destinations. AirOne plans to maximise crew hours and have little or no RON. When you factor airport handling fees and crew cost, for a LCC, RON would not be a viable option.

4. Power of Marketing.

I really dont need to stress on this topic as we have seen the success of Digicel. They plan to combine the diversity of both companies to increase sales. Dont be surprised if you see Digicel on your headrest.

The plans for growth involves Caribbean bases, with destinations in Central and South America.

Will update you on JM later.
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

aa1818

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 111):
Anyways CAL SUCKS!!! what is the sense of having web check in just to be told your reservation is in order but you still have to check in at the airport!!!

What-da-ya mean??? I've known many ppl who checked in online for CAL. I did it myself going to TAB a few times. Perhaps there was some bug in the system, bu AFAIK, the CAL online check- in works the same as any other airline's. My Aunt told me that they need to sort out the baggage drop-off at Piarco check in though, since she was waiting for half an hour in the first class line to drop off bags. Does anyone know if they have a separate baggage drop-off now? If I was travelling firstclass, I would not be happy with loads of economy pax who checked in online making the queue bigger so they could drop off their bags. Heck I got pissed off the last time at Piarco waiting 20 minutes to check in first class...I don't pay to wait!!

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 112):

You raise some very valid points there. Now I don't know the mind-set of the Jamaican consumer, but if they are really that die-hard JM then perhaps AirOne's venture will struggle, however, if they are rational consumers then AirOne's airline should be a huge success no matter name or colourscheme. Price, schedule and service should be the dominant factors, followed by 'brand loyalty bonuses' or FF programmes, but this is only important if you the price variation has little utility to you.

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 111):
Sure man, as the trini ad says "when yuh coming!!"

I wish I knew!!
I just booked some flights today (i'm trying out the new JF-STN flight on AA which is very convenient for me in Cambridge) and I doubt it'll be anytime before the end of June.

Hope yall eating plenty pastelles, sorrell, ginger beer, ham, punch a creme and black cake!!
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

captaink

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 113):
What-da-ya mean??? I've known many ppl who checked in online for CAL. I did it myself going to TAB a few times.

Since you were going to TAB, you were on a domestic flight on which documentation is not recorded. Could it be a bug for passengers travelling to other countries? SelfCheckin, be it online or at kiosks on American Carriers, does get tricky at times for international travel.
Look Up

aa1818

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 114):
Since you were going to TAB, you were on a domestic flight on which documentation is not recorded. Could it be a bug for passengers travelling to other countries? SelfCheckin, be it online or at kiosks on American Carriers, does get tricky at times for international travel.

Perhaps but my aunt and others that i've known were travelling throught the Caribbean and North America.
I cna understand pax travelling to the US having to verify at check-in since the US has strict visa regulations, but elswhere shouldn't have nay problems!

AA1818

A388

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

HummingBird

Thanks for the updates Hummingbird. How far is Airone with their negotiations and start up? When are they expected to start flying? It seems as if they are forgetting about JM's presence in Jamaica too (?)

A388

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:14 pm

CAL sucks because they are not allowing me to check in online where as when I went to POS on October with BA i was able to check in online despite the fact that I was coming back on CAL!! Now that it is in reverse going down on CAL coming up on BW i have problems  thumbsdown 

Anyways I am off to the airport!!
Eagles Soar!

A388

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:37 pm

As the discussions here mainly focus on the English speaking Caribbean islands, I thaught to add some more variety to the thread. TSo t the ones interested, in below link is my latest photo of the airport terminal here in Curacao:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Roger Cannegieter

I would like to see similar terminal overview photos from SJU, KIN, MBJ, GCM, BGI, NAS, SDQ, HAV and POS as the other major airports in our region. I already have AUA  Smile

Please post them here!

Regards,

A388 Big grin

jm017

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:38 pm

3. Reduction of RON.

Silly question: what does RON stand for?
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

aa1818

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 118):
airport terminal here in Curacao:

Are those RBTT signs on the jetways??

AA1818

mbj-11

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:40 am

Quoting JM017 (Reply 119):
Silly question: what does RON stand for?

I think "remain over night", fancy name for nothing. Big grin

Reggae Air is a bit of a gamble, dunno if it would swing with Jamaicans as much as tourists. Never listen to Jamaican no matter how they cuss JM and write them off. JM has Jamaicans hooked. Now concerning the fact of another LCC rivaling JM , we see what they have done in the case of NK, JM's fares comparative are lower than NK, except the $9 madness which most times is $69, $59 or $99 depending on MBJ or KIN.
Also , I recognized that JM has a monopoly for now on the JFK -MBJ/KIN route as AA has killed that service, instead routing people through MIA.
The colours.......most yaad man would say a "men" colour, believe me they would.(Figure what men means).
Rumour mill.........in response to "Air one" JM might be going partial LCC/regular carrier ops. There are still cuts to come and yes the A319's I hear may still be in the works. Discussion is also taking place at the senior level with potential European investors (most likely from Spain as they buying everything) for JM to be taken over and become part of a larger alliance, but dominant in the region carrier.( Understand what that means as well.)
I expect to hear some "firm" news in the coming 2 weeks concerning the rumour mill, so we'll see. Again, the current chairwoman is keen to set it right as well as the govt. So, lets wait and see, and trust me, Air One or Reggae air......they're gonna be like Derby county facing Arsenal.......nothing's impossible, but you know the rest.
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

caribbean484

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:03 am

ok guys it official, CAL will be starting the new TAB-BGI will start this christmas(22 dec) and CCS will start early January.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_business?id=161249164
more routes are expected to be announce in the new year.
All ah we is one family

jm017

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:05 am

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 122):
in response to "Air one" JM might be going partial LCC/regular carrier ops. There are still cuts to come and yes the A319's I hear may still be in the works. Discussion is also taking place at the senior level with potential European investors (most likely from Spain as they buying everything) for JM to be taken over and become part of a larger alliance, but dominant in the region carrier.

JM going low-cost seems like a bad idea. Isn't their cost structure high? But I guess they will have no choice if "Air One" enters the market. But "Air One" has to do something about the name. The name should include some variant of jamaica in it, so it's clear where the airline is based. Say Jamaican Wings.

Yeah, Jm has a big advantage., name recognition and all, but if I am looking for a flight somewhere, and Air One is the better bargain or has the better schedule, that is the airline I will take.

But....

Never listen to Jamaican no matter how they cuss JM and write them off. JM has Jamaicans hooked.

This is true too.
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

BWIA 772
Topic Author

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:52 am

AA1818

Thanks for the heads up about POS. The green line was crazy!! As for the luggage thing I now see what you mean. Last time I saw that being done in POS the luggage was at the end of the baggage claim area but what they are doing now is utter nonsense. At MIA, MCO JFK and even BGI you have enough space between the carousels that you can take the luggage and line them up but in POS the only way that can work is if you line them up vertically and even then there really is not that much space!!!

Ok guys so I did not get a pic but 9Y BGI first class has burgundy leather seats that look quite smart. Funny thing there was guy on the plane who was on the wrong flight so we had quite a harty laugh. We spent about 15 mins circling as they were 3 aircraft infront of us wish it was during the day we went out quite a bit!!

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

Inbound

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 am

Just wondering if anyone noticed CAL doing a "dry run" today from POS to BGI with the Dash8.

They went with 9Y-WIN.

BWIA772, did you get to see 9Y-WIT int he hangar on your approach into POS today?
Maintain own separation with terrain!

caribbean484

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:32 am

Quoting Inbound (Reply 129):
Just wondering if anyone noticed CAL doing a "dry run" today from POS to BGI with the Dash8.

They went with 9Y-WIN.

I wonder if this is a certification run from being in D check for all this time.

Inbound do you have any more info about the dry lease 737-800.
All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 125):
Ok guys so I did not get a pic but 9Y BGI first class has burgundy leather seats that look quite smart. Funny thing there was guy on the plane who was on the wrong flight so we had quite a harty laugh. We spent about 15 mins circling as they were 3 aircraft infront of us wish it was during the day we went out quite a bit!!

Hope you got some pics of your trip. Well everyone its almost christmas is upon us and many of us included myself will be travelling this season.
Flights are fully booked and long lines.
All ah we is one family

MAH4546

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:13 am

Also , I recognized that JM has a monopoly for now on the JFK -MBJ/KIN route as AA has killed that service, instead routing people through MIA.

AA still flies JFK-MBJ, daily A300.
a.

mbj-11

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 133):
AA still flies JFK-MBJ, daily A300.

The irony is I was told that by an AA official in MBJ, but it is to be suspended and the folks routed through MIA. Anyway, I think I stand to be corrected as I checked (and there was up to last night) an AA flight.......a 757 actually to JFK.

hummingbird

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 116):
HummingBird

Thanks for the updates Hummingbird. How far is Airone with their negotiations and start up? When are they expected to start flying? It seems as if they are forgetting about JM's presence in Jamaica too (?)

You are welcome.

Currently they are working on thier AOC, initial flight should be in 2nd QTR 08. The next step is pilot recruitment.
The market can accommodate both JM and AirOne. With the increase in hotel rooms, they will capitalise on VFR and O&D traffic.

Trivia Time. Guess the airport in this pic. These are just 25% of the loaded bags ( cartons).

http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/60/460...2/2734254420102632170uzxkxg_th.jpg
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

A388

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 135):
Trivia Time. Guess the airport in this pic. These are just 25% of the loaded bags ( cartons).

That can only be CUR when looking at the CGS titles on the baggage trolley. Looking at the baggage itself it is a JM flight as they are the only flights with such cargo on the ramp  Smile

A388

speedbird2263

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Quoting HummingBird (Reply 135):
The next step is pilot recruitment.

I would really be interested in knowing their initial minimums.  scratchchin  I suppose a few JM pilots may be siphoned off.

Inbound

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm

If those are packages of drugs, then it's probably Piarco, hehe.

484, I don't have any more info on the 738, last I heard was it's suppose to be here this week. Coming from somewhere in Europe.

caribbean484

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:19 pm

Quoting Inbound (Reply 138):
484, I don't have any more info on the 738, last I heard was it's suppose to be here this week. Coming from somewhere in Europe.

Ok thanks man, keep us updated on this.
All ah we is one family

westindian425

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 127):
Yea mate- we got linked up with the protocol officer at Piarco who handles the VIP room, and she took us through- we just waved at the customs officers!! hehehe Some friends who had returned earlier in the day warned us about the customs situation, as my mum and her friends were doing some SERIOUS Christmas shopping!! hehehehe

What?! Hook a brother up so that next time I travel I won't have to be in uniform or beg the crew to go through the crew line with them.  Smile
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

MAH4546

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 134):

The irony is I was told that by an AA official in MBJ, but it is to be suspended and the folks routed through MIA. Anyway, I think I stand to be corrected as I checked (and there was up to last night) an AA flight.......a 757 actually to JFK.

Don't know where you saw it listed as a 757. It was not to long ago, it is now an A300.
a.

A388

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:08 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 141):
Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 134):

Don't know where you saw it listed as a 757. It was not to long ago, it is now an A300.

Mbj-11, I just checked the MBJ-JFK flight and it indeed shows up as an A300 as mentioned by MAH4546. Flight number AA1190 DEP 0535PM ARR 09:20PM. The same flight details were found www.aa.com, www.flightglobal.com and www.flightaware.com (tracking website). I don't think all these websites are incorrect.

A388

aa1818

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:03 am

Quoting Inbound (Reply 138):
If those are packages of drugs, then it's probably Piarco, hehe.

So true boy!!! Although I read a report recently published by the US Gov't (can't remember exactly who published it though) and they said that the anti-drug trafficking operations in the Caribbean, particularly Grenada, Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago has forced more drugs to be transhipped from Guyana and even via western Africa and then onto Europe!

...also- nice to see that one can book flights to TAB online now, and not just the weekend flights but also the Dash8 flights!! Saves one time and energy when booking POS/TAB or TAB/POS. Now foreigners can book POS/TAB without going through someone based locally!!!

AA1818

mbj-11

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:56 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 142):
Mbj-11, I just checked the MBJ-JFK flight and it indeed shows up as an A300 as mentioned by MAH4546. Flight number AA1190 DEP 0535PM ARR 09:20PM. The same flight details were found www.aa.com, www.flightglobal.com and www.flightaware.com (tracking website). I don't think all these websites are incorrect.

I can appreciate that but what can one say versus a visual confirmation? AA 1193 departed JFK into MBJ, equiptment ......A300, , AA 1791 into MBJ 757, aircrafts cleaned and departed AA1190 to JFK..........757, AA 1812 into MIA...A300. Its not an unfamiliar thing that I have seen AA do in the past and recently. Sometimes due to crew rotations or change of AC at a particular time. So while I not for one second doubt AA's website, I have to trust the eyes and ground staff too.

caribbean484

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:52 am

Hey guys the All economy lease 737-800 is coming to POS right now registration 9Y-TJQ
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BWA7901
All ah we is one family

mbj-11

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 am

Quoting Speedbird2263 (Reply 137):
I would really be interested in knowing their initial minimums. I suppose a few JM pilots may be siphoned off.

They maybe can pick up a few of the seasonal contract JM crew. But the question is, how many hours those guys had on the 737's? Also, how many of JM's crew will run into an uncertain future? if you will.

aa1818

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:22 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 145):
Hey guys the All economy lease 737-800 is coming to POS right now registration 9Y-TJQ

Thanks for the info!!
Fantastic news.
I wonder which airline it's coming from and what sort of titles it will wear?!

AA1818

captaink

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:35 am

All economy lease 737-800

I didn't realize Caribbean Airlines got involved in the all economy leasing as well.
Look Up

md90fan

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:03 am

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/019ytjq.jpg
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

caribbean484

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 am

Thanks MD90fan, This aircraft is from Transvania.com a subsidy of LH and will be in POS till end of February after the busy christmas and carnival season.
All ah we is one family

Inbound

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 am

Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 150):
Thanks MD90fan, This aircraft is from Transvania.com a subsidy of LH and will be in POS till end of February after the busy christmas and carnival season.

Yup, that's true....9Y-TJQ is from transavia.com and will seat 186 in single class configuration to JFK, MIA and KIN.
It's on a 3 month dry lease, so all the local crews will be on board.

trintocan

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:08 am

Do Caribbean Airlines and Transavia have a thing going? I ask that because earlier this year Transavia leased a BW 737-800 (in green livery) and applied its titles and used it for holiday services. Now we see the reverse taking place. If it overall means that the right capacity is available for each airline at the right time that is fine. It is still too bad that BW let go of 9Y-GND though.

I think that the problem of booking TAB flights online arose from TB, it did not allow people to do so but now with all the flights being under BW they are all accessible - as are all other BW flights.

TrinToCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

BW985

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:35 am

Quoting Trintocan (Reply 152):
Do Caribbean Airlines and Transavia have a thing going?

I wonder if they are planning the same arrangement for next year? From Transavias point of view, this must be a good idea since they're mainly a holiday airline they must be a lot more busy during the summer season. Years ago, BW used to always lease an extra aircraft for the winter season, some years even a 747. But then the summer season is also busy these days. Also it's a shame that 9Y-TJQ has a less comfortable seating. Hopefully BW will profit financially from this arrangement.

Quoting Trintocan (Reply 152):
I think that the problem of booking TAB flights online arose from TB, it did not allow people to do so but now with all the flights being under BW they are all accessible - as are all other BW flights.

Conrad Aleong explained in an interview that Sabre and other global distribution systems charge US$7.00 for each reservation made through their system. With the fare between POS and TAB only being US$25.00 one way, it's clear why they stopped selling the flights on their GDS. Maybe they were able to now negociate a lower charge for domestic flight reservation with Sabre? Or maybe the THA is covering some of the GDS costs in order to faciliate Tobago tourism?

A388

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Quoting Mbj-11 (Reply 144):
I can appreciate that but what can one say versus a visual confirmation? AA 1193 departed JFK into MBJ, equiptment ......A300, , AA 1791 into MBJ 757, aircrafts cleaned and departed AA1190 to JFK..........757, AA 1812 into MIA...A300. Its not an unfamiliar thing that I have seen AA do in the past and recently. Sometimes due to crew rotations or change of AC at a particular time. So while I not for one second doubt AA's website, I have to trust the eyes and ground staff too.

I see okay. Apparently AA used the 757 only that time when your contact saw the flight that day? The aircraft type used might also depend on the load factor for the given day?

Quoting Inbound (Reply 151):
Quoting Caribbean484 (Reply 150):

Yup, that's true....9Y-TJQ is from transavia.com and will seat 186 in single class configuration to JFK, MIA and KIN.
It's on a 3 month dry lease, so all the local crews will be on board.

Transavia is a Dutch airline linked to KLM! Where did the idea come from that it is linked to LH? I expected better knowledge of airlines from you Big grin

It is also common practice for HV to lease out part of their fleet in the winter season due to lower capacity needed in this time of the year.

A388 Big grin

beeweel15

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Quoting Inbound (Reply 151):
9Y-TJQ is from transavia.com and will seat 186 in single class configuration to JFK, MIA and KIN.

That is tight and from NYC to POS for 4hr 20min I dont want to imagine. They should have taken out at least 2 or 3 rows for better leg room and dont think about the baggage problems if they did fill it to full pax capacity.

mbj-11

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Its not uncommon as I said for that to happen. Back in the mid 90's when I worked for AA, there would be AC exchange between MIA and JFK flights into MBJ. Reason? Crew who did JFK leg did the MIA to make sure their flight hours for the day did not go over the stipulated limit. Often times, the MIA flight continues into BNA and the same crew would do it. Not so certain as to the routes done after the JFK flights.
Also, many times for general information, when flighttracker or other sites show an AC operating a route, remember it is based on the expected aircraft that is scheduled to operate, not necessarily the aircraft that is being used. Case in point, JM 063 into NAS from MBJ is a great example flighttracker says A320, actual plane A321. Last minute switches due to load or even crew related issues cause this. I have had the same experience on CO twice, where the AC slated for the run wasn't. Did post check on the same flight track sites.
Remember the flight #'s 99.999 % will always be correct as for the equipment, greater margin of error.So I guess sometimes there are exceptions.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos