Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

PHL- Best US Airport To Make A "Connection"!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071205/aqw037a.html?.v=1

They're not talking about flights here!

[Edited 2007-12-05 05:28:02]
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

jmc1975

RE: PHL- Best US Airport To Make A "Connection"!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm

So true. Just go to the food court or roam around A-West and you'll find an abundance of beautiful college girls.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:34 pm

When I saw the title of the thread I was getting ready to flame away on whatever crackpot survey that was making that claim....until I realize they are talking about that type of connection.

With all the delays & cancellations, that makes sense, for PHL to be #1. Of course a certain US Senator might have said that MSP was the best place to make a connection......

A quality article no doubt - we all can use some good humor every now and then.

gregarious119

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:39 pm

They must've been only taking into account the A terminals. B, D, and E are all WAY too dark and dingy to find someone...

bond007

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Quoting Jmc1975 (Reply 1):
So true. Just go to the food court or roam around A-West and you'll find an abundance of beautiful college girls.

ummmm.... funny, I'm in there twice a week and haven't seen this 'abundance'. Perhaps you had been drinking too much in one of those '16 bars'!

Jimbo
I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground!

commavia

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Oh, wow, I, too was getting ready to roll out the little laughing head icon  rotfl  at the premise that PHL could be #1 in anything - especially involving connecting - unless it was a list of the "top 10 airports where people have wasted time waiting for connections." That could plausibly be PHL.

And then I saw the actual article. Pretty funny, really.

The thing is that PHL should really capitalize on this. With all the flow delays, weather and ATC holds, PHL could set up a sort of speed dating service. (Well, not really too speedy: it is PHL, after all, so people will have plenty of time on their hands.)

I can see it now:

PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT SPEED-DATING SERVICE

Location: rotates between Sbarros, and Chic-Fil-A and Gate C19 gate area depending on day*
Hours: 5am-10pm (or 24 hours depending on the looks of the departure board)

Price:
$50 for the first hour (five minutes per prospective "special someone")
$10 for each additional hour (up to 4 hours - if your flight hasn't left by then, it's time to rent a car)

>>>
And Ask About Our Special Winter Wonderland and Summer Thunderstorm Specials! ...
... If the Ramp Shuts Down for More than 20 minutes, the next Hour's On US!
>>>

*Speed Dating moves to Gate C21 if Gate C19 has 4 flights scheduled to depart simultaneously - we apologize for this unfortunate, albeit quite likely, inconvenience

NOTE: Philadelphia International Airport Speed Dating Service is NOT RESPONSIBLE if you miss your flight because you get too caught up in your dating rounds. Ha ha - just kidding - we thought you'd enjoy the joke: we know you won't miss your connection, as it will probably be canceled by then!

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia International Airport, America's #1 Airport to "Make a Connection!"  hearts 

CV990

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi!

Hey, I CANNOT complain!!! Every time I stopped in PHL it was just wonderful!!! I got the cheapest "Laphroaig" Single Malt wisky in ANY duty free around the world, I got the cheapest souvenir stuff I wanted, and I didn't have to wait too long to take-off from PHL. The airlines that flew me from there? Well, that another story....one was perfect ( I think I had "the perfect flight"...), BA...the other was not ( US )!!!
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Quoting Bond007 (Reply 4):
Quoting Jmc1975 (Reply 1):

ummmm.... funny, I'm in there twice a week and haven't seen this 'abundance'. Perhaps you had been drinking too much in one of those '16 bars'!

Either that or he was last in that area during the Spring Break period. Big grin

Given that PHL is known for delays; it doesn't surprise me at all for waiting/stranded passengers to walk around and mingle w/other passengers that share a similar plight.

Some opening lines (in random order):

"How long is your flight delayed?"

Were you bumped from your flight, too?

Where are/were you flying to?

Did you loose your luggage, too?

If nothing else; a conversation would, at least, start. Where it will lead to; who knows?
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

sw733

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:00 pm

I was connecting LGW-PHL-MCI this past summer and met an amazingly nice and cute girl at PHL...didn't tell my girlfriend about that one!

Unfortunately, PHL wasn't the best at my REAL connection, and I got stuck spending the night at the Hilton instead of in my bed in Kansas City.

LAXdude1023

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:16 pm

And here I was spending my Saturday nights at TBIT trying to score.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

steeler83

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:10 pm

I can't believe that PIT wasn't on the "worst" list, considering there's about to be nobody to connect with, or anyplace to connect with anyone for that matter. Concourse A is being completely vacated except for the few that WN operates and a few gates for charters and RONs...

I guess they're looking at the airports that actually have more than 12 million pax annually on average, and PIT is certainly far from that and will probably remain stagnant with about 10 million for the next few years...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

jetblueguy22

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:44 pm

How is PHL great? I have flown there several times and every single time my flight get cancelled! Personally I like JFK. It is a nice airport and if you have a long layover there is a million things to do! The city of brotherly love is nice but the airport sure does not have any brotherly love.
Sully
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Quoting PSU.DTW.SCE (Reply 2):

A quality article no doubt - we all can use some good humor every now and then.

Quoting Jetblueguy22 (Reply 11):
How is PHL great? I have flown there several times and every single time my flight get cancelled! Personally I like JFK. It is a nice airport and if you have a long layover there is a million things to do! The city of brotherly love is nice but the airport sure does not have any brotherly love.

Did you read the link?
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

PHLapproach

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:56 pm

Im reading this as I sit at A24 and as a matter of a fact Jimbo I see a very good looking college chick that just sat across from me. Needless to say da booty be hangin out..

pitops

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:00 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 10):
I can't believe that PIT wasn't on the "worst" list, considering there's about to be nobody to connect with, or anyplace to connect with anyone for that matter. Concourse A is being completely vacated except for the few that WN operates and a few gates for charters and RONs...

I guess they're looking at the airports that actually have more than 12 million pax annually on average, and PIT is certainly far from that and will probably remain stagnant with about 10 million for the next few years...

We got # 17. Not too bad I guess.
Ground Ops, Southwest Airlines, CMH

D328

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:02 am

PHL blows. I avoid it no matter what.
PIT was and will always be better.

PHLBOS

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:27 pm

Quoting D328 (Reply 15):
PHL blows. I avoid it no matter what.
PIT was and will always be better.

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 12):
Did you read the link?

"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos