Cory6188
Topic Author

CO Wins Best North Amer. Airline

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 pm

CO was chosen as the best airline for North American travel by Business Traveler magazine -- props to them for winning!

HOUSTON, Dec. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) outranked all other U.S. carriers to be chosen as the Best Airline for North American Travel in Business Traveler magazine's 2007 Readers' Choice Best in Business Travel Survey.

Continental also placed highest among U.S. airlines for Best Flight Attendants in North America and Best In-flight Services in North America. The awards will be presented to the airline in Los Angeles on Jan. 17, 2008.

"Unlike our competitors, Continental Airlines has maintained cabin comforts and continues to provide complimentary meals at mealtimes," said Jim Compton, Continental's executive vice president of marketing. "We are continuing to modernize our fleet by taking delivery of two to three new aircraft each month in 2008, while upgrading existing aircraft with in-seat power and video on demand."

Business Traveler is one of the world's leading business travel authorities. The Readers' Choice Best in Business Travel Survey is compiled solely from the responses of Business Traveler readers to recognize the companies which have made business travel more enjoyable.

You can read the rest of the news release here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...story/12-06-2007/0004718360&EDATE=

RE: CO Wins Best North Amer. Airline

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Air Canada was awarded by airline in North America by Skytrax  Smile

col

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:21 pm

What with all the high quality competition in North America  no 

Well done CO.

lincoln

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Can you really be suprised?

Congrats to CO -- and all of the people of CO who make them my (and clearly others) #1choice for travel.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

pizzaandplanes

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:03 am

For sure this award is long awaited and deserved for CO. Congratulation's and continue offer the best product in the market.
A real man lands where he wants to

ZBBYLW

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting Cory6188 (Thread starter):
Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) outranked all other U.S. carriers to be chosen as the Best Airline for North American

Continental also placed highest among U.S. airlines for Best Flight Attendants in North America and Best In-flight Services in North America.

Am I missing something, it just does not sound right. Highest in the US but because of that they win the best in North America.
Keep the shinny side up!

ANCFlyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:08 am

No surprise really.

CO is leaps ahead in most respects of the other legacy carriers . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

777gk

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 5):

Continental also placed highest among U.S. airlines for Best Flight Attendants in North America and Best In-flight Services in North America.

Am I missing something, it just does not sound right. Highest in the US but because of that they win the best in North America.

Sounds like CO won best overall for North American airlines, but what you cite is an example of what we call 'spin'. CO was probably beaten by a Canadian carrier in terms of best Flight Attendants and In-Flight service, but still scored higher than the rest of the U.S. airlines, so the fact that they did indeed finish out of the top spot in those two categories is conveniently ignored, yet worded in such a way that the casual glance would indicate a better outcome.

PHX Flyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:32 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 6):
CO is leaps ahead in most respects of the other legacy carriers . . .

Couldn't agree more.
I have logged over 50,000 miles with CO this year, and every flight was a very pleasant experience. Hard to believe that 12 years ago the same airline was the laughing stock of the nation.

Congratulations to all who contributed to this enormous success and keep up the good work!
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

nwafflyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:35 am

Guess I'm off the wall here, but as a skyteam platinum elite plus, I do my fair share on Continental -- I have far better luck with NW - fewer flights cancelled, fewer mechanicals, and much much better support

lincoln

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:23 am

Quoting Nwafflyer (Reply 9):
I have far better luck with NW - fewer flights cancelled, fewer mechanicals, and much much better support

My problem with NW is the people. In the last two years (including 6 round trips that included at least two segments on NW this year) I have not had a single experience where I would describe the entire trip as "plesant":

- I've seen gate agents snap at customers asking simple questions ("Just turn around and read the freaking sign. Jeez. Are you blind?" when one customer asked for help finding their connecting gate),
- Insult customers boarding ("Oooh you're in _first_class_...you must be buddies with Steeeeeeeeenland." (passenger continues to board, ignoring this) "Jerk.") with an audible sneer.
- Loudly discussing their displeasure with management in the galley with passengers boarding including repeated use of the phrase "raped and pillaged" at an even higher volume [I was at row 14 on an A320 and I had no problem overhearing every word of this conversation taking place in the rear galley)
- Fail to get my bags on the correct flight, then lie to me about status/bag delivery (in fact, the only reason I got that bag back in a timely fashion is a friend happened to be transiting the same airport noticed my distinctive bag and called me "Are you missing a bag? It's sitting unattended at the Northwest Baggage Service office right now."
- My personal favorite "Yeah, there are seats available, and I _could_ change your reservation. But I don't feel like it, so I'm not going to. They don't pay me enough to deal with this stuff" (This one happened to me personally -- travelling on a full-fare economy ticket; luckily I found a different agent and things went better)
- Generally indifferent service on-board with a bare-bones product
- And less-than-fully competent service on the ground at outsourced stations.

I'm sure that that this doesn't reflect the attitude of all NW employees, but it's hard to want that type of abuse when you have a choice as a customer

Granted, these are observations for flights to/from/through DTW, perhaps MSP and MEM are better... and CO needs to do something about EWR since about 20% of my flights are delayed, and virtually all of those are due to something-or-other at EWR, but the people of Continental are far more plesant to be around, far more accomidating and infinitely better in terms of professionalism and courtesy. The CO inflight product (domestic IFE, meals at mealtimes*, average aircraft age**, etc.) simply can't be compared to that of NW.

Lincoln
* - Yeah, some dispute calling it a meal but I really like [even look forward to] the CO cheeseburger/salid combo, and it's better than any of the BoB I've tried.
** - Truth be told, I do like the DC-9s, but choice between a 738 and a D95 and I'll take the 738, thank you.
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

jetblueguy22

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 10):
- I've seen gate agents snap at customers asking simple questions ("Just turn around and read the freaking sign. Jeez. Are you blind?" when one customer asked for help finding their connecting gate),
- Insult customers boarding ("Oooh you're in _first_class_...you must be buddies with Steeeeeeeeenland." (passenger continues to board, ignoring this) "Jerk.") with an audible sneer.
- Loudly discussing their displeasure with management in the galley with passengers boarding including repeated use of the phrase "raped and pillaged" at an even higher volume [I was at row 14 on an A320 and I had no problem overhearing every word of this conversation taking place in the rear galley)
- Fail to get my bags on the correct flight, then lie to me about status/bag delivery (in fact, the only reason I got that bag back in a timely fashion is a friend happened to be transiting the same airport noticed my distinctive bag and called me "Are you missing a bag? It's sitting unattended at the Northwest Baggage Service office right now."
- My personal favorite "Yeah, there are seats available, and I _could_ change your reservation. But I don't feel like it, so I'm not going to. They don't pay me enough to deal with this stuff" (This one happened to me personally -- travelling on a full-fare economy ticket; luckily I found a different agent and things went better)

Wow that is some experience. I have flown NW many times and have never had anywhere near those kinds of problems. I have always been treated with respect. The only time I have had lost bags are the day after Christmas. The worst part is it was 3 years in a row.
Sully
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

letsgetwet

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:40 am

and CO needs to do something about EWR since about 20% of my flights are delayed, and virtually all of those are due to something-or-other at EWR, but the people of Continental are far more plesant to be around

Believe me CO is trying hard to do something about the EWR delays. They are a problem for all carriers and extend to all the NY airports. It's not a CO thing , it's a NY thing. Maybe once they move some connections to CLE , and the ATC remodels the airspace around NY it will help.

Burj

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:41 am

My problem with NW is the people. In the last two years (including 6 round trips that included at least two segments on NW this year) I have not had a single experience where I would describe the entire trip as "plesant":

Uh-Oh...now you've got me worried! I'm leaving tomorrow (Friday) to fly ELM-DTW-ATL on NW, with ELM-DTW being regional and DTW-ATL being mainline (DC-9!) We'll see how it goes! I'll try to post a trip report when I get back.

Were you bad experiences with NW with the regional or the mainline?

redngold

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:43 am

I haven't had a single problem with Continental since I've been living in Cleveland and pretty much relying on the airline to get me places. The only glitch I ever had was my own fault - I overslept and arrived late for my check-in... and even then, instead of telling me to buy a new ticket, they reaccomodated me on the next flight - despite my panic attack in front of them.
Up, up and away!

letsgetwet

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 am

Why is that so hard to understand? They are the best OVERALL N. America, and the best F/As in the US.

lincoln

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:12 am

Quoting Burj (Reply 13):
Were you bad experiences with NW with the regional or the mainline?

All of the bad inflight stuff has been mainline; Pinnacle FAs seem generally more pissed off than Mesaba FAs, but neither group is particularly memorable (and while their body language/behavior screams "I'm not happy to be here" I haven't seen them take it out on a customer). The majority of issues on the ground have been at DTW, so I presume they're mainline employees -- the luggage issue I mentioned above was at CLE and I don't know if those are manline, regional, or outsourced.

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 12):
Believe me CO is trying hard to do something about the EWR delays. They are a problem for all carriers and extend to all the NY airports. It's not a CO thing , it's a NY thing. Maybe once they move some connections to CLE , and the ATC remodels the airspace around NY it will help.

That's good to hear! Hopefully it's a sooner-rather-than-later thing.

caljn

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:33 am

Congrats to Continental with their professional staff and clean planes! One caveat however,
I enjoy Platinum status with CO and am usually able to snag an exit row seat in coach.

This year though, very few upgrades. What gives? Have other platinum elites noticed the same?
If the benefit of platinum status is reduced to early boarding, I may have to choose cheaper fares over CO loyalty.

runway23

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 am

To be honest, I've had pretty much the same stuff told to myself on Continental or had friends treated like that. Never had any problems with NW. NW's product is definately getting better whilst CO's has been going down hill for some time now.

If I had to rate an American carrier on service and overall comfort i'd give it to Delta. It's a pity that Delta's first class lets them down.

tommy767

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:05 am

Quoting Letsgetwet (Reply 12):
ve me CO is trying hard to do something about the EWR delays. They are a problem for all carriers and extend to all the NY airports. It's not a CO thing , it's a NY thing. Maybe once they move some connections to CLE , and the ATC remodels the airspace around NY it will help.

Well the NYC air conjestion is a problem, and the weather is also for the most part unpredictable but to be more specific it actually has something to do with CO flooding EWR with too many flights (Think about the amount of RJ's and those frequencies and lack of runways.) Hence why other mainline carriers have reduced flights into EWR over the past 6-7 years (delays delays delays.) CO is clearly in bed with the PANYNJ so everything at EWR goes in their favor and other carriers are more like second rate.

Enough of my ranting, congrats to CO. They have all the ingrediants to win this award. As for the improvement of EWR, maybe once the Q400's arrive and more RJ's get transferred to CLE there will be hope for at least a little relief.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

PHX Flyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 am

Actually Continental's operation hasn't changed that much in recent years. The most recent deterioration is mostly due to Delta's built-up at JFK, on top of JetBlue's steady growth there. Nonetheless, Continental will move a substantial amount of RJ flying to Cleveland, which will certainly help ease congestion in NYC.
I think in the long run, the folks in the smallest markets may have to make two connections instead of just one in order to get to their final destination. This traffic should be "bundled" at second-tier hubs like Cleveland, Cincinnati, and - if growth makes it viable - Pittsburgh again (certainly the nicest of these hubs), and then shuttled to the primary gateways at JFK, EWR and PHL. I am curious to see, if the airlines are able to make these changes on their own. Continental's move is a step in the right direction. On the flip side, the closure of PIT as a hub by US is exactly the opposite.
If push come to shove, the FAA may have to step in again and define maximum numbers of movements for each of the most congested hubs.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

CALTECH

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks to our great Flight Attendants, who the passenger sees alot and where they get their impression of our airline, to the Gate Agents same as the F/As, Pilots who fly safely, Ramp Crews who get the planes in and out quickly, the Technicians who fix the aircraft, Dispatchers who route the aircraft to make it all work, Cargo Agents loading money making cargo, Ticket Counter Agents who check in the passengers and all the others who make it work. Excellent job all !!!
You are here.

IAHFLYR

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 21):
Thanks to our great Flight Attendants, who the passenger sees alot and where they get their impression of our airline, to the Gate Agents same as the F/As, Pilots who fly safely, Ramp Crews who get the planes in and out quickly, the Technicians who fix the aircraft, Dispatchers who route the aircraft to make it all work, Cargo Agents loading money making cargo, Ticket Counter Agents who check in the passengers and all the others who make it work. Excellent job all !!!

Ditto....and another DITTO!

I have far better luck with NW - fewer flights cancelled, fewer mechanicals, and much much better support

CO seems to do very well with an extremely small percentage of flight cancels compared to what we have of NW, an excellent completion rate as well so not sure where you are flying but if it is CHQ that might be your problem. CO is outstanding IMO and others it seems.

Quoting Caljn (Reply 17):
This year though, very few upgrades. What gives? Have other platinum elites noticed the same?
If the benefit of platinum status is reduced to early boarding, I may have to choose cheaper fares over CO loyalty.

I've gotten mine without a hitch (knock on wood)! I have found alot of Elites are buying "Y" fares with the instant upgrade upon purchase if the seats are available, that might account for some of your missed upgrades. I'd still hang around as you never know when you'll be #1 on the stand-by list and get the upgrade.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

lincoln

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 22):
I have found alot of Elites are buying "Y" fares with the instant upgrade upon purchase if the seats are available, that might account for some of your missed upgrades. I'd still hang around as you never know when you'll be #1 on the stand-by list and get the upgrade.

Yep  Smile Certainly not the primary reason I buy full-Y on business [the flexibility really takes the stress out], but the instant upgrade really doesn't hurt... now if I could get a higher % of my flights on mainline where there's something to upgrade to...  Smile

Lincoln

jgarrido

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:25 pm

Being on Guam I don't have much of a choice for air travel I am applicative for COA's service the past few years. Hot meals, IFE and friendly staff all help make the 14 hr flight from here to the west coast trip less painful. I just wish their pricing structure was it a little bit more reasonable. One time it cost me $1600 to fly from guam to pdx via hnl while a ticket from guam to hnl would have cost me $1400 for the same dates.

Guess I'm off the wall here, but as a skyteam platinum elite plus, I do my fair share on Continental -- I have far better luck with NW - fewer flights cancelled, fewer mechanicals, and much much better support

While that may be your experience, statistically NWA's flight cancellation rate is much higher then COA's

STT757

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:52 pm

I appreciate the hard work and effort the employees of CO have made over the years, their commitment to their work shines through in awards like these that CO wins time and time again.

Great job!
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

aircanada014

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Congratulations to CO, its about time they won something. I'm still confuse, article doesn't mention any canadian carrier but rate CO as best north american carrier, seems they should have said best USA carrier since they said ( placed high amongst US carriers )..

AM744

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Well, that happens often. World Series anybody? LOL.

justloveplanes

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Quoting AM744 (Reply 27):

Well, that happens often. World Series anybody? LOL.

Continental wins awards from just about everybody. JD power, who are paid very highly for their precise statistical methods is an award they have won multiple times.

The UK based OAG (official airline guide), ranks Continental the best airline in North America and the Best Business/Executive class in the world for the last 5 years. CO has a good product.

socalfive

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 pm

This doesn't surprise me a bit either. Every time there's a news story about the woes of the legacy carriers and every time there's a million excuses on this board about the lack of service and bad attitudes of the legacies and their employees, I think of CO.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, look where CO was 12-14 years ago. Before Bethune/Brennaman came into the picture CO was the worst mess of an airline with the worst morale in its workforce that anyone had ever seen before. CO headquarters in Houston had comparable security to Ft Knox. Yet, here they are today setting the standard and maintaining the status quo. It's all about LEADERSHIP boys and girls, plain and simple.

dutchjet

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Congratulations to the men and women who WORK HARD and FLY RIGHT. Job well done, and please keep up the good work!

ikramerica

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:24 am

I like CO, but what is Business Traveler magazine and how prestigious is winning such an award? Working in another industry that is full of awards (entertainment), it's become pointless and nobody cares about them unless they are the "big ones." Is this a "big one"?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

letsgetwet

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:47 am

I don't know how big it is compared to J.D. Powers , but they won that one too!

atct

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:57 am

Good stuff CO

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 21):
Thanks to our

ATC'ers in Houston  Smile

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

breaker1011

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 31):
I like CO, but what is Business Traveler magazine and how prestigious is winning such an award? Working in another industry that is full of awards (entertainment), it's become pointless and nobody cares about them unless they are the "big ones." Is this a "big one"?

Indeed I agree - over the years, everyone from media (of all forms) to universities and chess clubs around the globe had made their stabs at gaining a bit of notariety and publicity by publishing the next and most meaningful of all survey of surveys on the airline industry. Sometimes I wonder whether they do it for the general public's knowledge and power of comparative shopping, or if it's just to get us airline nuts nagging each other over bragging rights.

At least CO does seem to come out on top of many of them, so they can't all be nonsense. However, it gets tiring when not a month goes by (seriously) without another significant survey being released. Anyone remember the big deal AA always made of the "University of Nebraska" airline survey in the 1990's? LOL. No other carrier, not even once (and I read alot) ever even mentioned it. But AA always came out on top, so it was always their feat of the year.

I'll wait for Oprah's magazine to tell me which airline to fly next. I'm sure rating airline quality is on their list too.
Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid. J. Wayne

CALTECH

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Quoting ATCT (Reply 33):
ATC'ers in Houston

Damn right, that should be in the 'all the others', didn't want to ramble on too much !!!
You are here.

Lumberton

Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Well done to CO. They, and WN, are my carriers of choice for U.S. domestic. I will drive before I fly US.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

IAHFLYR

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 35):
Damn right, that should be in the 'all the others', didn't want to ramble on too much !!!

Double damn right!  Smile

Quoting ATCT (Reply 33):
ATC'ers in Houston

Nice, very nice.  Big grin
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

TVNWZ

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:34 pm

Congratulations CO. That is why I love Skyteam. The service is very good and traveling over $150-K miles this year on CO and NW it is great to get the wonderful service up front.

Wow! That sucks. Other than some complaining when they took a pay hit in BK, I have seen nothing like this. Ever.

davescj

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 3):
Can you really be suprised?

I'm not. CO does great work.

Congrats to CO -- and all of the people of CO who make them my (and clearly others) #1choice for travel.

DITTO

I have the same issues. I've had every NW Airbus I've ever been on had delay due to mechanical issues. It is one reason I stay with CO. Drama free.

As to gate/check in people, I've consistently found NW to be quite pleasant, esp in MKE. And the WorldClub peoplein MKE are wonderful and extraordinarily helpful. But Lincon, this with a Y ticket? CALL A SUPERVISOR. That is seriously sad.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 31):
unless they are the "big ones." Is this a "big one"?

CO seems to consistently make money....I'd say that's the biggest one, since they dont' seem to have labor woes.

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

RedTailDTW

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:28 pm

I can't really comment on Continental's service because I never fly them but it is always nice to see a legacy carrier doing good!

Quoting Davescj (Reply 39):
I have the same issues. I've had every NW Airbus I've ever been on had delay due to mechanical issues. It is one reason I stay with CO. Drama free.

I fly NW the most (Followed by AA) and have only had one machanical problem. The A319's and A320's do have more mechanical issues than the DC-9's interestingly enough.

I may be nuts but delays and cancellations never seemed to bother me. I guess as long as it keeps me on an airplane i'm perfectly fine with it.  cloudnine 

Mason (RedTailDTW)  bouncy 
Airlines Flown: 9E, AA, B6, CO, DL, G7, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, CRJ-200/900, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170, MD80/83/90

ikramerica

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting Davescj (Reply 39):
CO seems to consistently make money....I'd say that's the biggest one, since they dont' seem to have labor woes.

first, no they don't. they lost money just like everyone else lost money during the money losing days.

second, what exactly does that have to do with my very simple question: is this particular accolade considered to be anything worthwhile, or just one of the myriad "awards" that are handed out?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Lemurs

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 41):
first, no they don't. they lost money just like everyone else lost money during the money losing days.

True...but they lost a lot less money than everyone else did during those money losing days. I know that's kind of akin to being the least-scary sex offender in the jailhouse, but still, if you're going to get stuck in a confined space with inmates, pick the least scary one every time.  Smile

As for Business Traveller, I'm not sure how much cachet their awards have, but I don't care about that much anyway...I care more about methodology and survey size/demographics. The magazine itself is over 30 years old, which is a respectable amount of time (Most magazines last nowhere near as long.) So the fact that it is a reader survey, and they have some cachet with business travelers suggests that Continental did well with their demographic. I would hazard a guess, as a UK magazine printed in English, that their reader base is largely US/UK readers, markets where CO is very strong. That is probably the biggest factor I can think of.

Still, as others said, CO consistently does well in these rankings, even if they don't always come out on top. That has more relevence to the real percieved quality than one award does. J.D. Powers is nothing to scoff at exactly, though I am not always the biggest fan of their methodologies on some things.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CALTECH

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 41):
is this particular accolade considered to be anything worthwhile, or just one of the myriad "awards" that are handed out?

I think you are right, it may just be another feather in the cap, but it is a Business Traveler magazine. Business passengers who read it may try out the airline that is rated best, kinda like free advertising. That is never a bad thing.

[Edited 2007-12-09 05:11:46]
You are here.

hardiwv

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:29 pm

No surprise, by any standard, review or measure, CO always wins as US best airline, especially its onboard service is unrival. DL, AA and UA need to do a lot of work to catch up...

Rgs,

DocLightning

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:19 am

WTG, CO! They just got validation again that superior service beats merely providing the lowest price.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos