Tell my ma when I go home,
The boys won't leave the girls alone,
They pulled my hair and stole my comb,
But that's all right 'till I go home.
She is handsome, she is pretty
She is the belle of Belfast city,
She is courting, one two three
Please won't you tell me who is she?

She's called St. Aideen and she's on her way up to Belfast now, arriving in the next few minutes. A new day dawns for Big Green. Let's hope it's a good one.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Mathias Krewedl

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Yuan Le

Apart from the new EI base, what else is new? Not an awful lot; sad to relate the closedown of Aviajet, but hopefully 2008 will bring some new carriers into Dublin, Cork and other airports.

"Shamrock ... cleared to land Runway 25 and welcome to Belfast!"

shamrock350

RE: A 55th Dose Of Irishness In The Air!

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Great intro Kaitak!

Very happy to see Aer Lingus finally at Belfast and with one of the new aircraft too! I wish Aer Lingus the best of luck at Belfast and hopefully sometime in the new year I will able to fly LHR-BFS!

I've just finished some Christmas shopping in London (never again) and just got home to finish off putting up the decorations so...

BFSBHD

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Thread starter):
Shamrock ... cleared to land Runway 25 and welcome to Belfast!"

Is happening right now!! Can't wait for my flight in the morning. My first time flying EI short haul, so should be interesting to compare with other carriers. Looking forward to some freebies tomorrow-lol.

OA260

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 1):
Great intro Kaitak!

Yes Kaitak a very good introduction as usual , thank you.

Shamrock350 . I love that pic!!! Well done , really nice .....

shamrock350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Quoting BFSBHD (Reply 2):
Is happening right now!! Can't wait for my flight in the morning. My first time flying EI short haul, so should be interesting to compare with other carriers.

As Aer Lingus would say...Enjoy Your Flight!

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks guys!

You know, I just don't know how anyone could accuse us of being an "Aer Lingus fan club" ... perish the thought!

OA260

Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:59 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 5):
You know, I just don't know how anyone could accuse us of being an "Aer Lingus fan club" ... perish the thought!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

shamrock350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:03 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 5):

Yes it's a huge exaggeration when you think about it  Wink

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:28 pm

Wow, what a great intro Kaitak, as usually. You should only be allowed to start the Irish threads, as good as you start them.

Wish all the best luck for EI in BFS. Hope they made the right decision.

Shamrock350 that pic looks really nice!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Guys have you noticed the snow in the front page?? It is really nice.

Hey, you need to take a look at this video. Think you have seen it before. It is Air China 981 that have really hard to understand the ATC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWDEIvjwaFU

I would go mad if I was that controller.
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 9):
Guys have you noticed the snow in the front page?? It is really nice.

Yeah it's really nice, I was worried they wouldn't do it this year because the site in under new owners and they might be worried about possible problems adding the snow as it's slowed the site down in the past but It's great to see they are keeping the snow for Christmas.

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 10):
I was worried they wouldn't do it this year because the site in under new owners and they might be worried about possible problems adding the snow

Same here. First time I see this feature.

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 10):
as it's slowed the site down in the past

Think it slow down the front page a little bit, but that isnt a big problem.
Work Hard, Fly Right

BrianDromey

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:48 pm

As a die hard member of the EI fan club, Ive made some new ads in the past few minutes.....

So imagine this in the bottom right corner of a newspaper

on the next page
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/BrianDromey/Picture6.png

Or if MOL was feeling really cheeky in the morning he might do this...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/BrianDromey/Picture8-1.png

These ones dont take as long as the EI ones, no problem if an FR ad looks like sh*te!

Brian.

shamrock350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 11):
Think it slow down the front page a little bit, but that isnt a big problem.

Most people like the snow so they dont mind the slower page, I know I like the snow despite the slight slowdown.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 12):
These ones dont take as long as the EI ones, no problem if an FR ad looks like sh*te!

LOL I love them, very cheeky Ryanair style!

[Edited 2007-12-09 09:53:52]

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:52 pm

There's also a CNN report on Youtube, which includes this communication. They interview a CA pilot who had passed the test and his English wasn't that good at all. Of about 8,500 Chinese pilots who fly abroad, less than 10% have passed this test and they can continue flying on international routes until they do.

I have to say that the controller was a bit sharp; I guess, at airport like JFK, he was up to his eyes, but it can't have been very comfortable for the CA crew.

Years ago, they used to have cockpit translators, but now, with "glass cockpit aircraft", the pilots need to learn the symbols and indications which come up on EICAS. If they aren't familiar with English that causes concern, because it's not just a case of working out what to do in response to the warning, but to work out what it means, THEN act on it.

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 12):
So imagine this in the bottom right corner of a newspaper

Awwwwwhhhhh. That is just horrible.!!!. Take it away.  Wink
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 14):
Of about 8,500 Chinese pilots who fly abroad, less than 10% have passed this test and they can continue flying on international routes until they do.

That is really horrible. Why dont anyone control them harder??? This is a issue of safe???

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 14):
Years ago, they used to have cockpit translators, but now, with "glass cockpit aircraft", the pilots need to learn the symbols and indications which come up on EICAS

Maybe they should bring back that translators???
Work Hard, Fly Right

Humberside

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Why does that FR advert not mention Shannon?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

B747forever

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 17):

Think that he missed that.
Work Hard, Fly Right

BrianDromey

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 17):

Because Im an idiot and forgot to put it in! It should of course have SNN in there as well (the spelling mistakes should not be there either, but thats another story!)

Brian.

f1eddie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Just looked at the belfast airport website and on the departures page is EI... to amsterdamn...
Flown on EI, FR, BMI, TG, PG, FD, JQ, DJ, LA, NZ, SQ, DL, LX, LH

tonystan

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:08 pm

sad to relate the closedown of Aviajet

So whats happened to Aviajet??? I have a few buds who work for them and have heard virtually nothing!!!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

EISHN

Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:55 pm

Let's hope it's a good one.

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 1):
hopefully sometime in the new year I will able to fly LHR-BFS!

Can't wait for my SNN-LHR (well, to an extent I can) for the last flight, then the first LHR-BFS, then BFS, and home via ORK (first time there) on an A321 (fist time too). Also, it'll be my first time in the North. Should be a great trip. Think I'll get any freebies at LHR/BFS?

Also, do ye think Vermot will be on the first flight tomorrow?
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

tonymctigue

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:14 pm

Well guy's, I'm back after my first FR experience & my first DUB departure experience. Getting to the airport though proved a bit of a problem. First of all, and I think I speak from everyone in the country who does not live in Dublin, I want to say to all the Dubs out there, we don't know our way around our nation's capital, so can you please put in place some measures to assist us in finding our way around. I am not asking for every single place to be signposted to death but just a few simple ones such as what exit you take on the M50 to get to Limerick & Cork. They are afterall, two of the biggest cities in the country. Anyway, long story about to follow. The reason why a trip to DUB turned into such a nightmare actually started on Friday night. I arrived in from DUB to Bewley's Hotel in Leoprdstown no problem. Got the Aircoach to the city centre & hung around there for a while before getting the Luas out to Sandyford, where I met up with my girlfriend, who was driving fron Bundoran. We were going to the annual Taoiseach's dinner in the City West & I knew that to get from Bewley's Hotel to the City West was take the M50 Northbound & get off at the Red Cow & head towards Limerick. Now I was aware that the Red Cow was being dug up so we were extra careful looking out for signposts but all we saw was a sign for N7 & Ballymount Buisness Park but no mention of anywhere else, most notably, Limerick. However, we knew the N7 was the road to Limerick so we presumes we were supposed to get off at that exit. However, once we left the M50, N7 was no where to be seen on any signpost anywhere & all that was left were signs for Ballymount Buisness Prk. So we decided to follow signs for Ballymount Buisness Park & wound up in an industrial estate. Well to make a long story short, we eventually after trying every possible combination of exits at the Red Cow junction, found our way to City West after over two hours in the car. I have to say, those two hours were more stressful than the most stressful two hours I ever spent anywhere before in my life. Why don't people up there in Dublin who are in charge of things like that stop & think hey, maybe some people who don't travel this way every day are unsure what way to get to Limerick so maybe we should put up a sign to help them out. I really don't understand that mentality. People make fun of places like West Kerry for not being signposted but at least in West Kerry, there are only a few roads that you can go wrong on & at least you don't have the additional frustration of heavy traffic thrown in on top of it. I have driven around New York, Boston & Washington DC & never gotten badly lost but I can't for the life of me find my way around Dublin in a car. If I lived there, I would take it out & burn it.

Now, for the second part of the story. After hearing the awful weather forecast about high winds, I actually decided to get the train since I absolutely had to be home by Monday morning. We started the day off at Dundrum Town Centre. Once the time came to head for the train, my girlfriend was going to drop me at the station & then head off back to Bundoran & we decided that with the awful experience of the M50 the previous Friday, we would make our way to Heuston Station via the city centre. Well I found out that at least the bad signposting department up in Dublin City Council aren't biased against the West because after leaving Dundrum town centre folowing the signs for the City Centre, after a while they gave up on signposting that as well so we wound up hopelessly lost again. On a few occasions, we came across signposts for things like "Grafton Street Area" & "Henry Street Area" & we thought well at least if we got there, we would know where we are but obviously, Grafton Street & Henry street were not directly straight ahead from where we were & a turn was necessary at some point but do you think it was signposted? Of course not. Not only is there no signposts to tell you what way to go but most of the streets don't even have street names on them so when we tried phoning people who knew their way around Dublin, we couldn't even give them a street name to indentify where we were. Anyway, to make another long story short, I missed the train & it was a two & a half hour wait until the next one.There was an airport express bus outside the station so I said to hell with it, I'll just get the plane back. So got on the bus & got a trip via the port tunnel to the airport. I can't imagine how bad it is for tourists to find their way around Dublin in a car given the hell we had in finding places. Will ye ever learn that not everyone in the country has spent time as a Dublin taxi driver. I am definitely getting myself a sat nav system because I could not go through that again.

Luckily enough, the flight home was grand. No turbulance at all despite the horrible weather forecast. The loads on the flight home was very encouraging, much more encouraging than on the way up. The plane was at least 80% full & just by watching the people getting off the inward leg tleg of the flight, it looked as if the evening SNN-DUB flight was pretty full aswell. I had an otherwise pleasant weekend in Dublin but my god, can you please help us out by putting just a few signposts up. PS, sorry it there are spelling mistakes in the above rant but proof reading it was making me mad so I had to give up.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

tonymctigue

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Just saw this little article regarding the Salthill Airshow. Pity to hear that it will be dincontinued.

http://shannonairportenthusiasts.net...m_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=2
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

EI350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:37 pm

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 23):

Sounds like hell! At least you got to see a bit of Leopardstown haha Bewleys is only about a 5minute walk from me.....lovely Thai restaurant in around the back there  Wink

Dublin City changed all the road signs a few years back and it has been a disaster since, they only say the road number, not the place so it's very confusing. As for the M50....pffff! Hope the Luas went on time for you!!
Airports: DUB, SNN, JFK, LHR, STN, MIA, CRL, FCO, FAO, PMI, BCN, AMS, MAH, PHL, MSP, GFK, DTW, ATW, IBZ, TLS, OSH

BrianDromey

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 23):
I am definitely getting myself a sat nav system because I could not go through that again.

What I would say, it that whole area is pretty area can be pretty confusing. However once you have done it a few times it gets more straightforward. A nav system is handy for places you are not familiar with though. Mind you, they can be pretty bad with roadworks and one-way systems though. Still, better than looking for Irish road signs though!

Its good to see that the FR domestics are doing pretty well. Its funny, just as we are starting to get used to domestic jet flights, the UK ones of similar length are under threat, from security hassles, and an improved train service. Were still behind the times, it seems.

Brian.

shamrock350

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting EISHN (Reply 22):
Can't wait for my SNN-LHR (well, to an extent I can) for the last flight, then the first LHR-BFS, then BFS, and home via ORK (first time there) on an A321 (fist time too). Also, it'll be my first time in the North. Should be a great trip. Think I'll get any freebies at LHR/BFS?

I hope you have good flights, it will be a huge shame to see the last Aer Lingus flight from Shannon land at LHR. My first flights were LHR-SNN with Aer Lingus. I'm sure you will like Cork, I'm flying into there on an EI A321 next Sunday. I think you should get some freebies but dont expect too much from EI Big grin

EireRock

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Quoting Tonystan (Reply 21):
So whats happened to Aviajet??? I have a few buds who work for them and have heard virtually nothing!!!

The last i heard was that they were moving the MD 80's out of DUB for the summer, one was going to Italy i think, and possibly one to Spain but i didnt hear of them going bust. Maybe someone else knows more info.

EireRock

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:45 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 28):
MD 80's out of DUB for the summer

Sorry that should be for the winter!!!

smokeyrosco

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:46 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 28):
Quoting Tonystan (Reply 21):

The last i heard was that they were moving the MD 80's out of DUB for the summer, one was going to Italy i think, and possibly one to Spain but i didnt hear of them going bust. Maybe someone else knows more info.

I was told yesterday that they have gone bust.
John Hancock

tonymctigue

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:41 am

Quoting EI350 (Reply 25):
Hope the Luas went on time for you!!

Yes the Luas is without doubt the best spent money on public transport in the history of the state. I say roll it & the proposed Dublin metro out across the entire city. Seriously, how did anyone get around up there before it was built? Anyway, the big news today is the commencement of the new BFS base today & most importantly, it is starting on time despite all the obstacles EI went through to get to this point. Lets hope it goes well & lets also hope that WX move into SNN to finally put some closure on this whole issue.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1210/aerlingus.html

B747forever

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:21 am

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 31):
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1210/aerlingus.html

Politicians and business leaders in the west are still angry at Aer Lingus's decision to axe the Shannon-London routes to facilitate its opening in Belfast.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Wow, they are still angry on EI. Will they ever get over it????
Work Hard, Fly Right

smokeyrosco

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:30 am

I'm gussing they probaby won't as EI don't split figures between DUB/SNN/ORK but I'm kinda hoping they show pax figures seperatly for BFS with an over all as per the monthly pdf they bring out.
John Hancock

OA260

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 am

Hello all from AMS!!!! Well what can I say !!! Excellent start to the new BFS base. This mornings flight EI 22 was 129 passengers which were a mix of press/travel trade/paying passengers (incl me ) lol....Also a few Anetters...

I was very impressed as I walked into the check in hall. 6 fast pass machines and 4 dedicated check in desks in front of a brand new EI ticket desk with the logo Aer Lingus ''Enjoy your flight'' . I used the SSK and got a good seat.

Got down to the gate and saw a few familiar faces from EI . One being the man himself Dermott!!! Before we all boarded he stood at the gate and cut a Green ribbon in front of press. Then we all boarded Via steps from Gate 16. The mood was party like and we were greeted by the cheery female pilot and cabin crew. There were 3 BFS based crew and the rest were Dublin based. Two guys working at the back , didn't see them much as I was in row 5 all to myself .

The girl making the main announcements was from Belfast and then a guy made one announcement from the back who was English. There was a chief cabin crew member from DUB on hand to guide the BFS crew but all went well and they were a bit nervous and they are still getting used to the announcements but they all did very well and were smiling.

They did the usual inaugural ''welcome aboard this 1st EI flight from BFS'' etc..... Then after take off they announced that todays flight there is a free hot breakfast for all and a free bar!!! Very impressed and was a nice touch. The flight itself went by so fast and the interior of St Aideen is really comfortable leather seats with the EI.Com logo on the backs. No Irish announcements which i was disappointed about but I guess its a sensitive subject.....

It felt like the old days of EI , it was really nice. I recognised one of the EI staff from Dublin who came and sat with me a few mins and took my photo . I also got presented with a press pack with a Herpa model A321 inside!!! I was thrilled.

When we landed the AMS fire service made an arch of water to greet us which I have on video and as we got off the Dutch tourist board gave all passengers a Tulip. As I got off I asked the crew if I could get a photo of them and 3 of them and the Pilot all came to be in the photo . The pilot cracked a joke saying ''you know we are charging for this '' There were Green and White balloons everywhere in the gate area. .

So thats the feedback.....off now to catch a train.

The futures bright .......the futures GREEN!!!!!!!

smokeyrosco

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:44 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 34):
Hello all from AMS!!!! Well what can I say !!! Excellent start to the new BFS base. This mornings flight EI 22 was 129 passengers which were a mix of press/travel trade/paying passengers (incl me ) lol....Also a few Anetters...

Excellent, great to hear they made an effort, sounds like a great trip! 129 pax though dosen't seem like a lot to me considering some of them would have been press, trade and anetters as you say.

For anyone traveling through DUB over the Christmas your trip will have been made slightly easier (well maybe) as Dublin Airport has taken Delivery of 4,000 new trolleys  Smile Why thats news worthy I have no idea.

Also just looking at the Aviajet webpage (which is way out of date). I noticed if you go into their gallery there photos are lifted from Airliners and Jetphotos, they didn't even cover up the copyright! Given that they arn't watermarked also leads me to believe that a member (or ex member) of a.net works for Aviajet.
John Hancock

BrianDromey

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:59 am

They did the usual inaugural ''welcome aboard this 1st EI flight from BFS'' etc..... Then after take off they announced that todays flight there is a free hot breakfast for all and a free bar!!! Very impressed and was a nice touch. The flight itself went by so fast and the interior of St Aideen is really comfortable leather seats with the EI.Com logo on the backs. No Irish announcements which i was disappointed about but I guess its a sensitive subject.....

Glad it all went well! Sounds like EI had a bit of a party going on alright! I think Ill have to make an LHR trip when it starts. I haven't been to Belfast in a while. The fares look pretty attractive! I hope they do very well in BFS.

Brian.

al2637

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:01 am

Haha, good luck in A'dam. How long do you have in the city? It was freezing today tho as I cycled to work! Least it's not raining tho!

Bramble

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:15 am

Then after take off they announced that todays flight there is a free hot breakfast for all and a free bar!!! Very impressed and was a nice touch. ............................................ No Irish announcements which i was disappointed about but I guess its a sensitive subject.....

Am very pleasantly surprised at the free brekkies and drinks. Thank God some sense has returned to our PR section. In terms of the Irish announcements, I would guess that the pronunciation is a major problem for the non Southern schooled cabin crew. Will find out what the official policy is on Irish announcements.

Glad you got to meet the Chief Pilot.She is very nice and completely approachable. She can choose her routes and has decided to remain shorthaul rather than go for the more 'glamorous' longhaul (soon to return to being transatlantic again!!)

B747forever

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 am

Wow, seems that EI made a great start from BFS.

Really really surprised over the food they offered. That is fantastic.

As I got off I asked the crew if I could get a photo of them and 3 of them and the Pilot all came to be in the photo . The pilot cracked a joke saying ''you know we are charging for this ''

LOL. Always nice when they have a bit of humor.
Work Hard, Fly Right

BrianDromey

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:32 am

Quoting Bramble (Reply 38):
In terms of the Irish announcements, I would guess that the pronunciation is a major problem for the non Southern schooled cabin crew. Will find out what the official policy is on Irish announcements.

Well, RE have some French Cabin Crew, and they manage the Irish announcements. I'll admit, Irish in a French accent is not something I thought I'd ever hear, but it can be done, and most of the plane got a good chuckle off it!

I suppose it is a bit of a sensitive subject, but then again, the planes are green, there is a 8 foot shamrock on the tail and the planes are names as gaeilge after Irish saints. Even as it is, its not like the announcements as Gaeilge break the bank! I'd like it to stay, its Aer Lingus, not Air Fleet....

Brian.

B747forever

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 40):
Well, RE have some French Cabin Crew, and they manage the Irish announcements.

Then EI should also have announcement in Irish, after all they are Ireland's flag carrier. Maybe they "forgot" it this time.???
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock350

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Really nice to hear Aer Lingus made an effort for the first flight. I hope they can continue to keep the fares down and the smiles up!

OA260

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Quoting Al2637 (Reply 37):
Haha, good luck in A'dam. How long do you have in the city? It was freezing today tho as I cycled to work! Least it's not raining tho!

Hi there it was a mixture of drizzle and damp today.

Quoting Bramble (Reply 38):
In terms of the Irish announcements, I would guess that the pronunciation is a major problem for the non Southern schooled cabin crew. Will find out what the official policy is on Irish announcements.

One girl had a Irish flag on her name badge and it said Senior Cabin crew and she mad the announcements. New crew tonight going back but I will actually ask the reason for no Irish .

Quoting B747forever (Reply 41):
Then EI should also have announcement in Irish, after all they are Ireland's flag carrier. Maybe they "forgot" it this time.???

I agree , they used to on the BFS-SNN flights 10 years ago and things were alot less calm politically back then !!!

Im just here in the KLM Business class lounge , very nice I have to say and really nice drinks and food . Nice views of runway although its dark,..And free internet access!!! What else could you want. I got 1C coming home and used the KLM SSK. When I got to the lounge the girl looked at my boarding card and said ''Belfast ?? Is that new '' LOL....

Have a good evening everyone .......

EISHN

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Wow, they really went all the way. I'm really surprised to see that they gave a free bar, and free breakfast!
Any chance I'll be likely to see any of this in January from LHR?

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 27):
I hope you have good flights, it will be a huge shame to see the last Aer Lingus flight from Shannon land at LHR. My first flights were LHR-SNN with Aer Lingus. I'm sure you will like Cork, I'm flying into there on an EI A321 next Sunday. I think you should get some freebies but dont expect too much from EI

When my dad heard of my intentions, he jokingly called me "a traitor"! Jokingly  Wink Now he's gone and booked his own tickets for the same flights!
I'm looking forward to flying into Cork, as it's really nice looking, and I can't wait to try the A321.
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

OA260

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Quoting EISHN (Reply 44):
Any chance I'll be likely to see any of this in January from LHR?

Not too sure . Maybe only today , Im not sure if even the return tonight will be free LOL...

The KLM codeshare ex: BFS is still on the cards by the way. I asked a manager who was on the flight. So thats good news.

shamrock350

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:42 pm

I was watching the RTE report on the BFS opening and the check-in area looks great! The more I think about it, the more I want to fly to BFS on Aer Lingus. I think I will wait until a quiet weekend sometime in January, I'd love to go for the first flight but I have college and cant really take the day off.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 45):
The KLM codeshare ex: BFS is still on the cards by the way. I asked a manager who was on the flight. So thats good news.

Great! I was worried that Aer Lingus wouldn't bother and that would leave them without any major advantage over U2.

Quoting EISHN (Reply 44):
I'm looking forward to flying into Cork, as it's really nice looking, and I can't wait to try the A321.

The A321 is a very nice aircraft, I love looking down the cabin because of it's length although in 2005 we had some bad turbulence on the way to ORK and the cabin floor was bending like a wing would flex.

B747forever

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 46):

Great! I was worried that Aer Lingus wouldn't bother and that would leave them without any major advantage over U2.

That is true. Have they code shared with BA yet???
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock350

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 47):
That is true. Have they code shared with BA yet???

Yes they signed that a few weeks ago, so that's sorted out.

http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news.asp?id=342

B747forever

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 48):
Yes they signed that a few weeks ago, so that's sorted out.

That is great, and they are also finished with the agreement with B6 also.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos