B747forever

RE: A 55th Dose Of Irishness In The Air!

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 149):
wonder if EI might consider this in conjunction with the premium seating?

EI maybe dont want to have a premium seating, but instead they can offer the first 5row the speedy boarding???
Work Hard, Fly Right

neutral

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:25 pm

For all their moaning about airport charges at Dublin they seem to have no problem adding new routes all the time the latest being Quote"

Ryanair, Ireland's largest airline, today (13th Dec) announced 3 new routes from Dublin to Brest, Rodez and Tours starting from April 2008.
"Today's three new routes give Ryanair passengers a choice of 11 French destinations from Dublin for less than half the price of Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus simply can't compete with Ryanair's guaranteed lowest fares and punctuality which is why they have recently withdrawn routes from Dublin to Newcastle, Seville and Poznan where they competed directly. Next year, 10 million passengers will make Ryanair their number one choice to / from Dublin, generating a visitor spend of €1.5 billion in the capital, and supporting 10,000 Dublin jobs.
“To celebrate the launch of this French trio, Ryanair is releasing 250,000 €10 seats across its 84 Dublin routes. We advise passengers to book today because these bargains will be snapped up in record time”.

Bramble

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting EIDAA (Reply 132):
You know my opinions on GC... I say let them have it big time!

The whole point of a FF program is to maintain loyalty as you said, along with rewarding customers. quote]

[quote=Toulouse,reply=140] but for some reason this has really annoyed me and out of principle I want to get my way (God I sound like a spoilt child, don't I?).

I agree with you being [email protected] off. The principle should count here. The faults in the EI system are not your fauly and the EI GC team should be used to these faults and be ready to deal with these problems if there is an inherent problem. As you say loyalty should be encouraged rather than punished.

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 133):
Quoting OA260 (Reply 131):
But speculation was mounting that it will fly to Carcassonne — a medieval walled city close to Biarritz.

Why can't journalists get things right??

Perhaps the journ had a recent holiday in Biarritz?

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Quoting Neutral (Reply 151):
Aer Lingus simply can't compete with Ryanair's guaranteed lowest fares and punctuality which is why they have recently withdrawn routes from Dublin to Newcastle, Seville and Poznan where they competed directly.

Really dont like the way they put it up. Of course EI can compete with FR.
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock604

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 153):
Quoting Neutral (Reply 151):
Aer Lingus simply can't compete with Ryanair's guaranteed lowest fares and punctuality which is why they have recently withdrawn routes from Dublin to Newcastle, Seville and Poznan where they competed directly

Yeah, lets see what Michael has to say about Gatwick and EI's performance there!  Big grin

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 154):
Yeah, lets see what Michael has to say about Gatwick and EI's performance there!

Exactly what I mean. The way they have putted it up angers me really much.
Work Hard, Fly Right

iRISH251

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 pm

A little piece of news:

Due into Dublin from Toulouse this evening is an Aer Lingus A320, with the ferry flight number EI991 - most likely EI-DVH on delivery, I guess.

shamrock604

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:21 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 155):

FR talk an enormous amount of self serving crap. Most airlines simply adopt the policy that its better just not to respond! Ignore the Bully and eventually he will go away and pick on someone else!!

EI787

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:22 pm

Just saw on the Dublin Airport Forum:

Etihad to go daily from next Summer!

Fantastic news for DUB!

In the same post, there is a fascinating fact: Last Tuesday's flight was 100% full and an amazing 85 passengers were connecting onwards to SYD!!

http://p078.ezboard.com/More-ey-for-...rm2.showMessage?topicID=1361.topic

[Edited 2007-12-13 11:23:36]

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:28 pm

Quoting EI787 (Reply 158):

Fantastic. How great isnt that???

Wonder now if EK will soon start service to DUB. Really smart by EY to go daily before EK start to serve DUB.

Last Tuesday's flight was 100% full and an amazing 85 passengers were connecting onwards to SYD!!

Seems that EY have found a good market!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock604

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:31 pm

Fantastic news for DUB!

In the same post, there is a fascinating fact: Last Tuesday's flight was 100% full and an amazing 85 passengers were connecting onwards to SYD!!

http://p078.ezboard.com/More-ey-for-...topic

No Surprises there, This is now peak time for travel for Oz!!!  Wink Its great to see EY doing so well though, they really have nailed it here in Dublin. Someone will eventually notice these amounts of Connex pax going on to SYD... If you added these 85 to all the pax that day who transited LHR, FRA or wherever else on the way to SYD, would you filled an aircraft? Most likely I think!

OA260

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:33 pm

Doesn't surprise me and great to see. Its sometimes impossible to get seats in all classes. They are making good revenue in all 3 cabins.

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 160):
Someone will eventually notice these amounts of Connex pax going on to SYD

True, we can maybe see for example QF serve DUB sooner than we think.
Work Hard, Fly Right

tonymctigue

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:40 pm

That is great news for DUB but is also a testiment to EI's failure on DXB. There is clearly a demand for air travel to the UAE but EI simply were unable to exploit it.

This would bode well for any airlines looking possible future routes from DUB to Australia via say SIN or HKG. I know if I ever go to Australia I would definitely do FR SNN-DUB (I always try to originate & arrive back into SNN whenever I fly just to support my local airport) & than EY DUB-AUH-SYD-AUH-DUB & then FR DUB-SNN (it would be very funny to get on FR having flown EY for the previous 18 hours or so).

[Edited 2007-12-13 11:41:23]
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Great news; interesting also that (according to a rumour on PPRUNE) GF applied again to fly to DUB and were basically told to "hop it" ...

I'm delighted to see EY increase its services; it's a great expression of confidence in the Irish market; also, with EY soon to add PEK, they can tap into that market. Maybe they might look to add dedicated freighter services at some stage?

EK announced yesterday that it was adding CPT from next May and Berlin is to be added shortly (apparently as a trade off for dropping HAM-JFK).

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 164):
EK announced yesterday that it was adding CPT from next May and Berlin is to be added shortly

So they wont add DUB???

GF applied again to fly to DUB and were basically told to "hop it" ...

Hmmm, really interesting. Exciting times ahead of us.
Work Hard, Fly Right

BrianDromey

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:49 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 162):
True, we can maybe see for example QF serve DUB sooner than we think.

I think it would be a good route for their 787s. Something like SYD-BKK/SIN-DUB. There would be a lot of possibilities for connections around OZ if they times the departures into the Asian gateway correctly, and possibly also to other asian destinations using CX and BA, their oneworld partners. I would have thought it is quite a backpacker route, and might be better served by JetStar, rather than QF mainline. I think QF could also slap their own code on, and the flight is still good for FFP earning and burning, and interlining.

Either way, an Auzzie connection would be very nice.

Just makes you wonder how on earth EI messed up DXB so badly. EY must be thrilled, when they started GF and EI were on routes to the middle east, now EY have the market to themselves. I wonder if EY could get a decent payload out of DUB on their 777s...perhaps the LR would be reasonable for the job....or even the A345

Brian.

shamrock604

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Great news; interesting also that (according to a rumour on PPRUNE) GF applied again to fly to DUB and were basically told to "hop it" ...

Interesting that they would be turned down though. Is there some limitation in a Bilateral agreement that wouldnt allow it?

B747forever

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 166):
wonder if EY could get a decent payload out of DUB on their 777s...perhaps the LR would be reasonable for the job....or even the A345

That is what I also think. Maybe in a few years or even next year they can change to a A345 or 777LR
Work Hard, Fly Right

Toulouse

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Quoting Bramble (Reply 152):
I agree with you being [email protected] off. The principle should count here. The faults in the EI system are not your fauly and the EI GC team should be used to these faults and be ready to deal with these problems if there is an inherent problem. As you say loyalty should be encouraged rather than punished.

Thanks for agreeing Bramble. They have become a nightmare, but in all fairness to guy I got on the phone (who I actually exchanged a lot of emails with last year) sorted things out within an hour of me phoning them. I do get the impression that there isn't a big team there in GC, might I be right, it's just emails usually come back signed by one of the 3 same people, and the person who answered the phone was one of them.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 153):
Really dont like the way they put it up.

I totally agree with you B747forever. It's so cheap and arrogant, yet another thing that totally puts me off FR.
Incidentally I was talking to an industry friend last night who is just leaving Airbus and heading off to work with one of the wealthier middle eastern airlines, and he had nothing good to say about FR, neither from a pax point of view nor from an industry point of view. He was of the same thinking as me, now I know I'm not alone, as he said that even if Michael O'Laery himself paid him to fly Ryanair, he wouldn't. Makes you think though, and I have heard many negative things from people in the aviation industry about FR...

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 157):
FR talk an enormous amount of self serving crap.

Totally agree with you.

That is good news
Long live Aer Lingus!

shamrock350

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:16 pm

Anyone seen the US version of aerlingus.com? I've never seen so many shamrocks on their website before!

Quoting Irish251 (Reply 156):
Due into Dublin from Toulouse this evening is an Aer Lingus A320, with the ferry flight number EI991 - most likely EI-DVH on delivery, I guess.

Nice to hear yet another A320 is on the way for Aer Lingus, I hope we see an order for more A32Xs sometime next year.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 155):

It's typical Ryanair unfortunately, almost of all of Ryanair's rivals have been targeted. I hope LGW is a success for Aer Lingus, I'd like to hear what MOL would have to say about that!

What MOL says and does are two very different things, for example he recently said Ryanair had no interest in expanding at Cork for at least another year, he also complains about higher costs at DUB and threatens that no new routes will be added until the costs are lowered but today we see the announcement that they will be adding three new routes.

It's no wonder that people didn't believe what he said about the take over, I think we all know that Aer Lingus would have disappeared totally if the take over was successful despite MOL "promising" to keep FR and EI separate.

EI787

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:21 pm

The investigation by the DAA into the Power cut on Dec. 3rd is now complete and here are the findings:

Quote:
DAA Investigates Power Cut

The DAA has completed a detailed investigation of the 40-minute power cut at Dublin Airport on Monday, December 3 and concluded there were two principal causes of the disruption.

In the first instance, the power cut occurred due to a temporary overload of power causing a main circuit breaker to trip on the Airport's internal 10KV network.

The standby generators for the airfield, fire station, Pier D and the temporary boarding gate facility immediately came online and power was restored to these areas.

The standby generation system that serves the Terminal Building and Piers A and B failed to remain online however. Consequently, between 07.52 and 08.29 that morning, the terminal building and piers were serviced only by the final level of emergency back-up, battery-powered lighting.

A subsequent examination of the generator in question revealed that a fusible link that closes the fire valve on the fuel supply line, had opened.

As this generator is one of those used to control maximum demand at the Airport during the winter months and runs for approximately two hours each weekday, the conclusion is that the fusible link must have opened during automatic shutdown of the generator on Friday, November 30.

It is extremely rare for a fusible link to open in this manner and such an event has never happened with a standby generator at Dublin Airport.

Dublin Airport has reviewed its procedures to predetermine how and where temporary power overloads may occur and to ensure all circuit breakers can carry these loads. The fusible link on the standby generator has been replaced with a higher temperature link. The manufacturer has confirmed the generator itself is functioning properly.

The DAA regrets any inconvenience caused to customers arising from this highly unusual sequence of events leading to a significant disruption to power at Dublin Airport and wishes to assure them that every effort is being made to ensure it will not occur again.

Just seems a sort of freekish event!

http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airp...t-news/power_cut_investigated.html

[Edited 2007-12-13 12:29:05]

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 165):
So they wont add DUB???

There's still time; the point I was trying to make was that EK starts to make its announcements about next year's routes around now, so we should see a few more.

I see SQ is about to start a SIN-DME-IAH service (Singapore-Moscow-Houston); it's a pity that DUB couldn't offer something like this; we know SQ wants to serve DUB and the ability to offer them onward fifth freedom rights might make a difference - but of course, we can't. A 777 wouldn't have a problem flying DUB-IAH; it's just the DUB-SIN part on the return that messes us up.

Come the next EI AGM, I'd love to table a question about what lessons, if any, have been learned from the DXB fiasco. Should put them on the spot.

EireRock

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:01 pm

SmokeyRosco it seems you were correct on the Aviajet issue, i have now heard from various people that it is to go. Although i havent seen anything in the press about it.

Also Singapore Cargo is to stop its DUB services (from January i think) but there is some chance that Cathay Pacific will come in. All throught the grapevine mind you but from good sources.

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 173):
Also Singapore Cargo is to stop its DUB services (from January i think) but there is some chance that Cathay Pacific will come in. All throught the grapevine mind you but from good sources.

That's very disappointing; I wonder what the contributory factors were? The DAA has not invested a red cent in air freight capacity, out of the €2b it has invested at the airport. It would be very interesting to know why SIA has made this move.
Until air cargo capacity has been sorted out at DUB, I can't see anyone taking its place.

OA260

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 173):

Interesting you say that. I got some good shots of SQ 744 in DUB on my TR .....
Swiss Biz Class 12DEC/DUB-ZRH-ATH PHOTO&VIDEOS (by OA260 Dec 13 2007 in Trip Reports)

GF applied again to fly to DUB and were basically told to "hop it" ...

GF had their chance and they blew it!!!

EireRock

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:59 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 174):
That's very disappointing; I wonder what the contributory factors were? The DAA has not invested a red cent in air freight capacity, out of the €2b it has invested at the airport. It would be very interesting to know why SIA has made this move.

I'm not sure what the factors were Kaitak but i think they had already dropped the sunday night flight which if im correct went to Dubai? At the moment i think it just operates from LHR and goes onwards to CPH and thats during the week. Hopefully Cathay Pacific will pick up this route although no official word yet.

The 5th of January is the last flight i was told tonight.

jwmd123

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 am

This is a very interesting article in the indo

Quote:
Ryanair's challenge violates peace deal, says DAA

By Laura Noonan and Tim Healy
Friday December 14 2007

A PEACE deal struck by Ryanair and the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) in 2006 means that Ryanair's challenge to the airport's second terminal cannot go ahead, lawyers for the DAA told the High Court.

The airport authority's comments came at the opening of Ryanair's long-awaited legal challenge to the €395m terminal yesterday.

In an attempt to have the case dismissed, the DAA outlined details of a deal struck in March 2006, when Ryanair was preparing to launch 18 new Dublin routes.

The new routes effectively ended hostilities between Ryanair and the DAA.

As part of a the new era of co-operation, the DAA claims Ryanair agreed not to bring any further challenges "arising out of, or connected with" the Government's May 2005 decision to allow the DAA advance plans for a second terminal.

The low-cost carrier went on to lodge a High Court action challenging the validity of the second terminal's planning permission in September, a move which the DAA says is in violation of the 2006 agreement.

Ryanair's argument centres around the proposed size and cost of the new terminal as well as its location. The case is expected to last for several more days.

Ryanair has previously warned the DAA that it is unwise to continue building with the case outstanding, but the DAA has confirmed several times that it will continue working on the project until it is legally compelled to do otherwise.

Despite the renewed animosity, Ryanair launched three new Dublin routes.

First time I ever heard of a 'peace deal' by the DAA and FR

Bramble

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 160):
Someone will eventually notice these amounts of Connex pax going on to SYD... If you added these 85 to all the pax that day who transited LHR, FRA or wherever else on the way to SYD, would you filled an aircraft? Most likely I think!

Well all DUB-LHR flights with EI generally have at least 10 pax going on to SYD/SIN/BKK/HKG/MEL. So the demand is there in theory.

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 169):
I do get the impression that there isn't a big team there in GC, might I be right

Poor GC and Customer Service sections got gutted by the WW. There was a sense that automated internet services would replace people and thus save money. Seamus Kearney was behind this. As you found out (and as my bro-in-law keeps reminding me) certain issues need a person to sort out as automated services cannot be flexible.

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 170):
What MOL says and does are two very different things.........................
It's no wonder that people didn't believe what he said about the take over, I think we all know that Aer Lingus would have disappeared totally if the take over was successful despite MOL "promising" to keep FR and EI separate.

Even when he stated that "FR would have no interest in a small regional european airline" the staff (including myself) were still wondering if he would buy shares in EI. Pity that the EI management team seemed to believe him.
My theory on keeping EI and FR seperate would be that he would force the EI staff to leave (maybe using WWs 'enviromental push factors') then he could innocently state that he is unfortunately unable to keep EI as a viable entity but is willing and capable to expand FR to fill the gap left by the overpaid,underworked EI staff who think not think of the travelling public!

Quoting JWMD123 (Reply 177):
First time I ever heard of a 'peace deal' by the DAA and FR

Not a surprise to me. The DAA (and previously Aer Rianta) give FR a lot of leeway as they are big customers.
A) Notice how FR never get assigned remote stands or anywhere apart from Pier A and D. EI get scattered all over the airport,hence needing equipment in each location. Apparently MOL has refused to use Pier D if it is fitted with jetways.
B) Also FR have a habit of leaving equipment (steps,baggge trucks) obstructing a/c crafts. Thia has delayed my arrival many times, they do not seem to get reprimanded by the DAA for this. (Part of me wants to start sabotaging any equipment abandoned on the ramp by FR) The pre-fab area seems like a FR only 'terminal', it was hard to get to a boarding gate for all of the FR ropes and signage inside.

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:19 am

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer...qqa=ireland-qqqid=50404-qqqx=1.asp

14 December 2007

Ryanair sale blitz marks Cork route to Europe

By Eoin English
RYANAIR launched a seat sale blitz on all of its routes out of Cork Airport yesterday to mark the launch of its first European route from the southern capital.

As reported in yesterday’s Irish Examiner, the low-fares giant confirmed that it will begin a service to Carcassonne in the south of France from next May.

It will run three times a week over the summer period until the first week of September 2008.

It brings to seven the number of Ryanair routes out of Cork.

kaitak
Topic Author

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 am

I did a bit of scouting around on various other forums; on PPRUNE, a response said that ground crews in CPH and SHJ already knew about it (although most on that particular thread didn't know the difference between DUB and DXB!).

A big disappointment. I really would like to see another Asian carrier come in, but really, with the cargo parking stands being taken away and no investment, I can't really see anyone coming in; I wonder if the DAA is even actively marketing air cargo routes.

jwmd123

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am

At last, SNN has a new route

Quote:
CityJet to start Shannon-Paris flights

CityJet and Air France are to start twice-daily flights from Shannon to Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport on February 4.

CityJet is taking advantage of the Shannon Airport European Hub Incentives Offer in establishing the route.

The airline said today the flights would "provide connectivity to 248 non-stop destinations from Paris Charles de Gaulle. This compares with the 169 destinations out of Heathrow."

The will also be connectivity to another 840 onward destinations through the Skyteam Alliance of which the Air France KLM group is a member.

Shannon Airport director Martin Moroney said that the decision was a "hugely significant development for businesses in the West as they are now guaranteed greater-than-ever connectivity to key international markets through the region’s gateway airport in Shannon".

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:13 am

Quoting JWMD123 (Reply 181):
CityJet to start Shannon-Paris flights

CityJet and Air France are to start twice-daily flights from Shannon to Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport on February 4.

CityJet is taking advantage of the Shannon Airport European Hub Incentives Offer in establishing the route.

Brilliant . A good link to a global hub. This will be good for SNN (if the locals support it in all their travels) !!!

I hope it does well and works for local businesses there.
 bigthumbsup 

smokeyrosco

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:30 am

Excellent, now SNN here's your chance, fill up those aircraft and you may get a LCY connection also down the line.
John Hancock

EIDAA

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:04 pm

That is excellent news - the best option that I could think of for SNN when EI pulled out.

Let's see how SNN-CDG works out... as Smokeyrosco suggests it may result in an LCY connection afterall.
Most Flown:- G-BUVA (20 Flights), EI-DEB (12 Flights), EI-JFK (11 Flights)

BrianDromey

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 169):
Makes you think though, and I have heard many negative things from people in the aviation industry about FR...

well the arrogance could come from the fact that the worst Boeings financial people could do with their business model was make it break even, and that would have been 10 years ago Since then they have done a lot of work on revenue generation and cost cutting.

Quoting JWMD123 (Reply 177):
As part of a the new era of co-operation, the DAA claims Ryanair agreed not to bring any further challenges "arising out of, or connected with" the Government's May 2005 decision to allow the DAA advance plans for a second terminal.

The low-cost carrier went on to lodge a High Court action challenging the validity of the second terminal's planning permission in September, a move which the DAA says is in violation of the 2006 agreement.

Just goes to show that FR can not be trusted in anything they do. If they are willing to ignore legal agreements they made, what chance does MOL's word of moth have?

Quoting JWMD123 (Reply 181):

The airline said today the flights would "provide connectivity to 248 non-stop destinations from Paris Charles de Gaulle. This compares with the 169 destinations out of Heathrow."

This is very good news for SNN. 2x daily is a very good tart, at least. I wonder what the timings will be like?

Brian.

shamrock350

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Great to hear Shannon has a new route, best of luck to WX and Shannon!

pilot21

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 185):
I wonder what the timings will be like?

On the Cityjet website:

The Shannon to Paris flights will depart each day at 9.35 a.m. and 7.00p.m. The Paris to Shannon flights will depart at 7.40 a.m. and 5.05p.m. The schedule has been planned to fit with the Air France hub to facilitate easy worldwide connections, as well as being convenient for travellers whose final destination is Paris.

Timings aren't too bad, early morning flight from Paris is good for people from early US and Far East arrivals. Flights from SNN to Paris are solely for connecting pax - they won't suit business people going to Paris too much (lunch time arrival into Paris)

However it is a very good start, good luck WX and SNN on the new route.

Pilot21
Aircraft I've flown: A300/A310/A320/A321/A330/A340/B727/B732/B733/B734/B735/B738/B741/B742/B744/DC10/MD80/IL62/Bae146/AR

tonymctigue

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:36 pm

Thank God, at last some positive news about SNN. Now for part 2 - making the route a succeed. OK ACA, put your money where your mouth is & book as many passengers with WX on SNN-CDG flights as possible. Hopefully this will draw a line under this issue.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

B747forever

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 172):
There's still time; the point I was trying to make was that EK starts to make its announcements about next year's routes around now, so we should see a few more.

Okey, so DUB have still a chance.

Great news for SNN. Wish the best luck to WX.
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock604

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Fair Play to WX, now lets hope it get supported by the Business Community in the Mid West. I have a feeling this will do very well.

EireRock

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 180):
A big disappointment. I really would like to see another Asian carrier come in, but really, with the cargo parking stands being taken away and no investment, I can't really see anyone coming in; I wonder if the DAA is even actively marketing air cargo routes.

Well i heard Cathay Pacific mentioned but possibly not until June or September next year.

Great to see WX in SNN, hope it works out well for them!

Quoting Bramble (Reply 178):
Also FR have a habit of leaving equipment (steps,baggge trucks) obstructing a/c crafts.

Im afraid all airlines/handling agents are guilty of this, i have been stuck on board an aircraft(non EI) because EI parked a GPU on the wrong side of the stand, blocking the airbridge and they were in no hurry to remove it. But then they all do it and i suppose because FR and EI are the two biggest airport users they have some leeway with the DAA.

BrianDromey

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 191):
But then they all do it and i suppose because FR and EI are the two biggest airport users they have some leeway with the DAA.

Well its nice to see that there is an excess of equipment in DUB! I've lost count of the number of times Ive been delayed on ORK flights because "we are awaiting steps to be brought to the aircraft". I have a feeling its more due to productivity issuers more than equipment though.

A programme called "Luton Airport" is often shown on Sky, and one episode the GM was on the ramp, he went mad because Servisair had left steps lying around. Eventually he confiscated them, and they had to pay to have them released. Harsh, but its in everyones best interest. You cant have random pieces of equipment floating around the ramp...

Brian.

B747forever

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 191):
Well i heard Cathay Pacific mentioned but possibly not until June or September next year.

So we can maybe see CX in DUB late next year???
Work Hard, Fly Right

EireRock

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 192):
Eventually he confiscated them, and they had to pay to have them released. Harsh, but its in everyones best interest. You cant have random pieces of equipment floating around the ramp...

Well next time your at DUB just take a look at all the equipment that is left lying around, its incredible, especially around the C pier, there should be a designated parking area for equipment and whatever is needed is taken from that area and returned after use, i know it won't be as simple as that and during busy times (summer etc) equipment will get left around but something has to be done about it.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 192):
have a feeling its more due to productivity issuers more than equipment though.

Well what happens here id say is that there is a certain number of guys dedicated to one flight, one has to marshall the a/c in, one to chock the wheels and give the signal back to the marshaller so he can signal to the capt that chocks are in. Then the steps have to be wheeled over which will take two guys, other guys will be at the cargo holds unloading bags, so your right Brian productivity more so than equipment.

sawtooth

Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Some rumors that RE yields are down due to FR expansion at ORK, SNN and NOC and they are cutting back some routes and aircraft next year. Anyone know if this is true?

sawtooth

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 194):
Well next time your at DUB just take a look at all the equipment that is left lying around, its incredible,

LOL, the contrast flying in from Schiphol, where the clutter free pristine apron and clearly marked taxiways look like a 3D visulation of some future automated utopia, to Dublin where your first impression as you taxi is a messy patchwork of concrete apron extensions, layers of re-painted markings, vans, steps, baggage tailors, tractors, hold containers from one end of the terminal to the other, with no apparent organisation. It may work perfectly for the ground handling but it looks dangerous having so much equipment held around the stands in my view.

[Edited 2007-12-14 09:15:59]

BestWestern

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:20 pm

Finally, CityJet have come true with their SNN CDG route.

The aircraft to operate the winter schedule will be an Embraer 145, a rare visitor to Shannon, operated by Regional, on behalf of CityJet, as a franchise for Air France. This will be upgraded to an Avro when the aircraft becomes available.

Its loaded as x2 daily every day, and are bookable on AirFrance.ie. Winter schedule is not yet loaded.

CDG Paris Charles De Gaulle FR [LFPG]
SNN Shannon IE [EINN]
WED 06 Feb 2008 - 13 Feb 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------------------------------------------------------------
AF/WX 5080 CDG 07:40 SNN 08:35 ER4 0 1234567 01:55 2F - 04 Feb 29 Mar
AF/WX 5082 CDG 17:05 SNN 17:55 ER4 0 1234567 01:50 2F - 04 Feb 29 Mar

If this route doesnt work, the shannon region is to blame. The boy who cried wolf will be found out.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

B747forever

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 197):
If this route doesnt work, the shannon region is to blame

Indeed. They can absolutely not blame WX, if they try as hard as possible to make this route work.
Work Hard, Fly Right

EI787

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:27 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 197):
operated by Regional, on behalf of CityJet, as a franchise for Air France.

LOL ... that's a mouthful! Big grin

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos