Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

jfr
Topic Author

EasyJet At Luton

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 am

I need some help! What's the story with easyJet at Luton? How many aircraft do they have based there, and what's their most recent annual passenger total?

Another non-European LCC client is curious, and asked me.......

Thanks in advance folks.

flytuitravel

RE: EasyJet At Luton

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm

I don't really know what kind of answer you're looking for but heres what I know...
They started at Luton back in 1995 with two 737-200s leased from GB Airways. Luton was their first base. A few years later they got some used 737-300s and by 1999 they had their first factory-new 737-300s. They got 30 737-700s in the period 2000-2004 and ordered 120 A319-100s, the first of which was delivered in late 2003 (?). Since then they have ordered more A319s and the 737-700s should be gone by 2011 (?).
Just over half the 30-strong 737-700 fleet is based at Luton, I think its around 19 of them and the others are based at 1 other UK base but correct me if I'm wrong.

They serve the following cities from Luton:
Aberdeen
Alicante
Amsterdam
Athens
Barcelona
Basel
Belfast Int'l
Berlin (Schoenefeld)
Bordeaux
Budapest
Cagliari
Dortmund
Edinburgh
Faro
Geneva
Glasgow
Grenoble
Hamburg
Ibiza
Inverness
Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen)
Jersey
Krakow
Lisbon
Madrid
Malaga
Nice
Palma
Paris (Charles De Gaulle)
Pisa
Rijeka
Rimini
Turin
Vienna
Warsaw
Zurich

Hope this gives you some insight into U2 at Luton although I'm sure some others will kindly add to the info I've given!

Smile

ACEregular

RE: EasyJet At Luton

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:18 pm

There are five 737-700's at Newcastle, which currently are JG, JU, KE, KF and KG. Five in Belfast, these being JH, JM, JT, JX and KB. The oldest Boeing in the fleet is JA which first flew 21st September 2000 and the youngest is KG which first flew 20th April 2004. Two of the original batch are no longer with us, these being JD and JE. We also operated an aircraft under the registration of G-OSLH for a short time which had a different cabin layout to the rest of the -700 family. I beleive this is now in South America.

Today all of the aircraft are showing operational on flights from BFS, LTN and NCL apart from JO, JP, JZ and KA.

[Edited 2007-12-11 05:44:42]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos