kaitak
Topic Author

Irish Five-Six Cleared And Rolling ....

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Good afternoon folks,

Now that we have over 220 on thread 55, I thought we should press ahead with a new thread; doubt if we'll reach 60 by year end, but you can't say it hasn't been an interesting year. Just looking back at what has happened, I wonder if anyone could have predicted how things turned out.

Shannon-Heathrow going, EI quitting DXB, but on the plus side, Open Skies at last and three new EI routes. Although the economic soothsayers forecast a slowdown in growth, even a recession, I think there is still quite a lot to be optimistic about. Time will tell, I guess.

So, here it is ... welcome and enjoy!

B747forever

RE: Irish Five-Six Cleared And Rolling ....

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:18 pm

And no one thought that SQ would go. The same go for Click Air service to BCN from DUB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock350

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Here's a cool video of three go-arounds including one of Aer Lingus at FNC!

http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircra..._Aircraft_Aviation_Video-9689.html

Looks like a nice airport to fly into  Wink

EireRock

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 223):
Irish 56 is now boarding - boarding passes and ID ready; no shoving in the line!

Excuse me but i paid the overpriced fee for Priority boarding so im entitled to push, shove, rant and rave!!

Quoting Smokeyrosco (Reply 218):
Quoting EireRock (Reply 194):
there should be a designated parking area for equipment

There are

Yes there are areas for steps just at the side of C41 and areas in front of C46 for wompa's and loaders but if there was a proper marked off area (say down past std 69 for example) for each handlers equipment, they each bring what they need and then return it afterwards, probably a great plan in thought but a little hard to action!!!

Oh and all the old equipment should really be disposed of, i mean i have seen EI equipment that would be more fitting at a vintage fair.(probably because they are the oldest airline @ DUB)

B747forever

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 2):

The EasyJet a/c was really really low when it was forced to go-around.

Quoting EireRock (Reply 3):
Excuse me but i paid the overpriced fee for Priority boarding so im entitled to push, shove, rant and rave!!

LOL
Work Hard, Fly Right

shamrock350

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 4):
The EasyJet a/c was really really low when it was forced to go-around.

I thought it was going to land, the other pilots were very skilled to get the aircraft on the ground but they might have been lucky or more used to those condition at FNC.

I think it would be a very interesting place to visit, I wonder how well Aer Lingus are doing on the route.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:12 pm

Another week, another lawsuit.

http://www.independent.ie/business/r...e-in-sr-technics-case-1248311.html

This week's victim of the FR legal team is SR Technics, which has had the temerity, nay, the audacity, to refuse FR space at Hangar 1, apparently because the DAA turned down permission to sublet.

I wonder if FR's lawyers do a kind of "Winter offer"; you get a free box of cigars or a racehorse, if you issue a certain number of writs over a given period ... although this offer goes through the year.

There's an interesting article in the Opinion section of today's IT, by our former Taoiseach, Dr. Fitzgerald, in which he writes about his fascination for airline timetables (something I can easily relate to!) ... Dr. FitzG used to work for EI, many, many years ago and it was he, in the 1950s, who worked out from an Aeroflot timetable published in an airline guide that SU was the world's largest airline, with about 8,500 seats per week. Interesting article; unfortunately, it's a subscription site, so I can't really paste it here.

It was also Dr. FitzG's cousin, Desmond, who - at the tender age of 25 - designed the old terminal at Dublin Airport, which opened in 1940 - the outbreak of what we call the Emergency - and had about one passenger a week over the next 4-5 years; EI's only service during the war years was a weekly Dak to SNN. How times have changed!

COEI2007

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:02 am

Quoting Shamrock350 (Reply 5):
I think it would be a very interesting place to visit, I wonder how well Aer Lingus are doing on the route.

FNC looks cool! Any1 i know thats flown the route has said the loads were ok. I did AGA, and the loads were poor, but then again its a new route

planemanofnz

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:42 am

Hello everyone,

Wow, I've been away for a while but you all seem to be pushing along ; nearly 60 threads this year!

Anyway, lets get down to business,

-Why aren't EK picking up on DXB?
-Why do we still have no TG or QR?
-Now that SQ is detaching DME from DXB, could there be room for SQ to operate SIN-DXB-DUB?
-EI and S7 codesharing on the new Russia service next year?
-Chances of a BFS-SNN-NYC route picking up again?

CUSSkiosks

EI132 Mechanical In YYT Dec 15th

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:57 am

Just to let the forum know that EI132 BOS-DUB is currently overnight at YYT due to mechanical. Cockpit wind screen shattered somewhere past Halifax, pilot announced the problem and began an immediate and quick decent down into St John's.

They're putting us up at the Delta overnight and have overall handled the situation quite well. It took about an hour at the gate before the local Air Canada/CBSA staff could prep for an A330-load of passengers at midnight.

Premier cabin means I was the first in line at customs, at the cab line, and at the hotel

[Edited 2007-12-15 20:14:38]

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:07 am

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 8):
Wow, I've been away for a while but you all seem to be pushing along ; nearly 60 threads this year!

Anyway, lets get down to business,

-Now that SQ is detaching DME from DXB, could there be room for SQ to operate SIN-DXB-DUB?
-EI and S7 codesharing on the new Russia service next year?
-Chances of a BFS-SNN-NYC route picking up again?

Welcome back!

We're still waiting and hoping on EK and Dublin; they've only just started announcing their routes for next year, so fingers crossed, it won't be long.

There probably is room for SQ to do SIN-DXB-DUB, but I can't help wondering if they're a bit miffed at the state of DUB. Still, a 777 could easily do DUB-DXB.

I think it's just S7 on that route. I would like to see EI add DME at some stage (greatly preferred over SVO!)

As for TG and QR, I don't know; QR is more likely, particularly if EK doesn't bite.

shamrock350

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:28 am

Morning everyone, I'm just getting ready for my flight to ORK later this morning. I'm struggling to find anything good to watch at this time of morning so it's stuck on BBC News 24  Sad

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 7):
FNC looks cool! Any1 i know thats flown the route has said the loads were ok. I did AGA, and the loads were poor, but then again its a new route

I think some more marketing of the routes would help, especially for AGA and I always worry for CPH because it's one of those routes EI has stopped and started many times in the last few years.

Quoting CUSSkiosks (Reply 9):
They're putting us up at the Delta overnight and have overall handled the situation quite well.

Good to hear the situation was handled well. Hopefully you will be on you way again soon enough.

PenPusher

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:22 am

Singapore Cargo

Quoting B747forever (Reply 1):

What's this about Singapore ceasing the DUB service. Their schedule is loaded up to end of March and this is the same for all their Cargo flights from LHR, FRA etc

SQ7353 29-Oct-07 30-Mar-08 - - - - - 6 - DUB SIN 11:55 12:30+1 74Y Via CPH
SQ7355 28-Oct-07 29-Mar-08 - - 3 - - - - DUB SIN 14:25 17:35+1 74Y Via CPH,SH

dstc47

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 am

Coming back yesterday gave me my first D arrival experience.

It sure is a long walk if you have any heavy items in your bag walking back to the baggage hall. A few trolleys would not go amiss, particularly for any persons who find walking unaided difficult, but do not need wheelchairs. A strange experience too if you pass close to your car in the multistory car park and still have to keep on going! The floor is already getting a lot of scuff marks and we could badly do with something on the walls, not only to take the dreary look off the place but also to give the loooooong corridor some feeling of division.

BestWestern

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:21 am

Quoting Dstc47 (Reply 13):
the dreary look

I found Pier D to be warm and bright - like a new airport, but I suppose you cant please everyone all of the time....

The walk isnt that bad thanks to the travelators.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

OA260

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:26 am

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 14):
The walk isnt that bad thanks to the travelators.

When they work... Two were bust when I was there and last week all the ones in Pier C were bust also. They seem to be coyping LHR in that respect. Its always when the gate your flight is going from is at the end !!!

BestWestern

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:35 am

Ireland Malta traffic up 277%

http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=62061

Ireland, where Ryanair also flies, came eighth with 3,800 passenger movements, a 277 per cent increase over last year.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 15):
They seem to be coyping LHR in that respect

Heathrow is currently replacing the goddammed awful BAAgrey carpet with BAAgrey lino all over the terminal at the moment - the Dom <-> intl transit walk in T1 is now done, and whilst an improvement, is pretty depressing. They are also changing all seats to Ikea chipboard from fabric also... probably easier to keep them cleaner, as the carpet and seating all over t1 is filthy. I was on a BD to BHD on Thursday, and the BD BHD gate is looking pretty tired these days, but nowhere near as bad as the paddy-gates (82-90), which seem to be forgotten by the BAA. When I start complaining about DUB, a visit to heathrow reminds me of perspective.

A reminder of how sloooooooowwwwwww irish planning is, and what sort of delay it causes major building projects is IKEA. Ikea belfast and Dublin launched the same day... Ikea Belfast open, Ikea Dublin - another 18 months.

BestWestern

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:47 am

Interesting local political commentary on the shannon cityjet story. Interesting to note that if free from the DAA, the airport will need government support.

http://www.pr-inside.com/shannon-par...s-cdg-service-could-be-r348674.htm

Minister Killeen said that the Shannon Airport Authority (SAA) had, once again, proven itself to be capable of attracting new business to the Airport.

"There are strong indications that the SAA has performed its functions very successfully to date and that it would be capable of operating with better effect were it fully independent of the Dublin Airport Authority. The SAA's
competence in developing new business is highlighted by its ability to persuade CityJet and its parent company Air France to commence this new daily schedule from February next year", explained Minister Killeen.

He continued, "I strongly support Shannon Airport becoming an autonomous operation. I believe that the SAA, with the support of the Government, can build on this significant development but can only do so by being granted full autonomy by the Dublin Airport Authority. The question of granting Shannon debt free status is also one that needs to be addressed if the Airport is to continue to grow."

ac747

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:49 am

That's encouraging. Maybe they're not pulling out after all?
Haven't we been here before ?

B747forever

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Quoting AC747 (Reply 18):

Strange!! Thought that they would stop serving DUB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

f1eddie

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting AC747 (Reply 18):

That's encouraging. Maybe they're not pulling out after all?

Tis encouraging and its not a given that SQ are pulling. As far as i recall its only a rumor yet to be confirmed. Sure lots of this happens here and never confirmed!!!! Did someone not already say that that the Wednesday service has been pulled though!! Mind you OA260 saw it so i suppose not.

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 8):

Ah how i would love to see SQ do this i doubt they will. I would say they are waiting to be able to provide a direct service which we would definatly warrent. Never heard anything ever about TG or QR coming in here but i would not really care for them anyway. Seeming you have been away for so long you may have missed that DUB are building a new terminal which they are building currently and a runway is to follow which is due around 2010 or 2012.
Flown on EI, FR, BMI, TG, PG, FD, JQ, DJ, LA, NZ, SQ, DL, LX, LH

B747forever

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Quoting F1eddie (Reply 20):
Never heard anything ever about TG or QR coming in here

Same here. But maybe we can see QR in the near future, now when EY are doing so well, in DUB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

greenjet

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:16 pm

They're putting us up at the Delta overnight and have overall handled the situation quite well. It took about an hour at the gate before the local Air Canada/CBSA staff could prep for an A330-load of passengers at midnight.

The EI137 this afternoon is carrying materials over to YYT for the stricken aircraft. My girlfriend is on this flight and the departure boards at DUB had 'Cancelled' beside the EI137. Confusion ensued as we thought it was due to the nasty weather in BOS. Turns out the 137 wasn't cancelled but was renumbered as the 2137 due to the enroute stop in YYT. This info wasn't relayed though until at check-in which could only be done at the desks and not through fastpass.

It could be a challenging couple of days for EI ops with the weather in the US coupled with the tech aircraft.

EI787

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:33 pm

Quoting Greenjet (Reply 22):
It could be a challenging couple of days for EI ops with the weather in the US coupled with the tech aircraft.

Yep! EI107/106 (DUB-JFK-DUB) has also been cancelled today! According to the website, passengers will be accommodated on other EI flights and other carriers as available.

B747forever

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:36 pm

And the worst thing is that the Christmas rush travel will begin.
Work Hard, Fly Right

EireRock

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Quoting F1eddie (Reply 20):
Tis encouraging and its not a given that SQ are pulling. As far as i recall its only a rumor yet to be confirmed. Sure lots of this happens here and never confirmed!!!! Did someone not already say that that the Wednesday service has been pulled though!! Mind you OA260 saw it so i suppose not.

Well the word i have is from the handling agents that handle SQ in DUB, they were told SQ is stopping its cargo flights from 5th January. Hopefully i am wrong but on this occasion i don't think so.

B747forever

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Quoting EireRock (Reply 25):
Hopefully i am wrong but on this occasion i don't think so.

But the flights are already loaded until march, and you say that SQ will pull out on the 5th of January??
Work Hard, Fly Right

COEI2007

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 pm

I know the cabin manager on that flight, and my other half is on it! St. Johns sounds nice. They were just told that they would send the parts of get a replacement a/c

EI787

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:05 pm

I meant to say this last week but it went out of my head completely! Last week on my DUB-FRA-DUB flights, I noticed that the new SkyCafe Menu was launched (well, I say launched...all I mean is reprinted!!)

All prices in the SkyShopping and SkyCafe magazines are now in Euro and Sterling (presumably for the BFS Base). (I don't think there used to be Sterling prices printed before? Correct me if I'm wrong.) I also noticed that they have gotten rid of the Dolmio and Uncle Ben's Microwavable meals on the Menu. Never tried them though so don't know if they will be missed or not!! LOL!

BestWestern

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Quoting EI787 (Reply 28):
All prices in the SkyShopping and SkyCafe magazines are now in Euro and Sterling

They are also selling the Belfast Telegraph - dare someone to ask for that on the Shannon Heathrow service....

Quoting EI787 (Reply 28):
I also noticed that they have gotten rid of the Dolmio and Uncle Ben's Microwavable meals on the Menu

Replaced with a pizza slice.

bx737

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:14 pm

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 27):
I know the cabin manager on that flight,

Guilty as charged. I am enjoying the nice layover in St Johns it is very picturesque. Anyway apparently a 757 will fly pax out tonight. A spare windscreen is being flown over on the 137 today. Us Anetters get everywhere.

AC_B777

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Yeah, I just towed the a/c (EI-LAX) over to a small hanger to have the windscreen replaced.
The maintenance crew and parts are arriving around 1500 local and it should take about 8 hrs for them to replace the windscreen.
Very nice plane. It's only the second time that I have seen an EI a/c in YYT. It's the first time I have actually been on board an EI bird. I have to say I love the crew rest areas.
In life, some days you are the bug..... some days you are the windshield!

B747forever

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Quoting AC_B777 (Reply 31):
I just towed the a/c (EI-LAX) over to a small hanger to have the windscreen replaced.

Hope you were careful with her,.  Wink
Work Hard, Fly Right

EireRock

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Quoting Bx737 (Reply 30):
Guilty as charged. I am enjoying the nice layover in St Johns it is very picturesque. Anyway apparently a 757 will fly pax out tonight. A spare windscreen is being flown over on the 137 today. Us Anetters get everywhere.

Yeah, I just towed the a/c (EI-LAX) over to a small hanger to have the windscreen replaced.
The maintenance crew and parts are arriving around 1500 local and it should take about 8 hrs for them to replace the windscreen.

Thanks for the info, its nice to kept informed by people in the know!

CUSSkiosks

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm just worried that a 757 tends to hold fewer people than an A330, let alone their bags! So I suspect some people might be frustrated tonight; plus I don't know if I'll get my bags in time for work on Monday. SeatGuru doesn't show anything for a EuroAtlantic 757 so I'm not sure - maybe the load in the back wasn't as high as it seemed.

Oh well, I can't complain about accommodations at the Delta hotel, plus two excellent meals. And it is a nice sunny day but a bit nippy, but I still enjoyed a 2 hour walk around downtown St John's this morning.

[Edited 2007-12-16 09:56:13]

extspotter

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm

EI isn't having a great winter. I am hoping that the ACA gets a nice cold'n, isn't STN good enough for you people?

Alex @ EXT still looking for the elusive TS A310, but completed the BE E195 list with G-FBEC yesterday.
AF BE BY FR MV PD SZ U2 VZ DHC6, 8-3/4Q, 732/8, 763ER, A319, A380

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:53 pm

Quoting EXTspotter (Reply 35):
completed the BE E195 list with G-FBEC yesterday.

We've had 'FBEC doing JER-LGW and back over the past few days; getting tired of it now - want to see 'F, G and 'H!

As far as EI is concerned, these things happen and you just have to roll with the punches. Mind you, given the temperatures we've been having in JER these past few days, I pity the engineers having to replace a windscreen in Canada! Must be well below freezing.

AC_B777

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 32):
Hope you were careful with her

I was very careful. However, the ramp around the hanger is very small and had 20 ft snow piles around, so making the turn to line up to enter the hanger was very tight and the right main gear was twisting at an akward angle, but our maintenance tech said that it was normal and would be ok. The gear did eventually "bounce" back in place.
We took off 12 bags this morning because there were some pax who needed their medication, but other than that, all the luggage was still on board when my shift was over.

Quoting CUSSkiosks (Reply 34):
Oh well, I can't complain about accommodations at the Delta hotel, plus two excellent meals. And it is a nice sunny day but a bit nippy, but I still enjoyed a 2 hour walk around downtown St John's this morning.

I'm glad you are enjoying your unexpected layover in St. John's. Hopefully your travel continues soon. I think we are going to get freezing rain and some snow tomorrow.
In life, some days you are the bug..... some days you are the windshield!

EI564

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 17):
"There are strong indications that the SAA has performed its functions very successfully to date and that it would be capable of operating with better effect were it fully independent of the Dublin Airport Authority. The SAA's
competence in developing new business is highlighted by its ability to persuade CityJet and its parent company Air France to commence this new daily schedule from February next year", explained Minister Killeen.

I suppose you can't blame him exactly but it makes me smile that he praises the SAA when new routes are announced but blames the DAA when routes end.

tonymctigue

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:58 pm

Just to let the forum know that EI132 BOS-DUB is currently overnight at YYT due to mechanical. Cockpit wind screen shattered somewhere past Halifax, pilot announced the problem and began an immediate and quick decent down into St John's.

Sounds pretty serious. Did the cabin loose pressure? My grandfather was only on that flight on Friday night.

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 17):
Minister Killeen said that the Shannon Airport Authority (SAA) had, once again, proven itself to be capable of attracting new business to the Airport.

Yes, I think the SAA have done an excellent job here. They, unlike the ACA, kept their head, didn't go off ranting & pulled together an excellent incentive package & thankfully, it worked out. Now all the ACA can do is support WX. I looked at the fares for the inaugeral & they are are about 380 Euros for same day return. The buisness community & passengers wanting to make connections will need to be the target of an intensive PR campaign because it will be very difficult to attract leisure travellers to use the service at that price with FR operating to BVA. We can also expect some retaliation from FR in the coming days & weeks. Lets hope this service is a success & maybe, we will see LCY & AMS added in the not too distant future.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

B747forever

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 am

Quoting AC_B777 (Reply 37):
I was very careful

That is great!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

smokeyrosco

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 am

Anyone else following the LH buying of B6 shares.... Not sure I'm too worried about it but could LH steal EI's thunder with regards the hook up that we are still waiting on a significant announcement before Christmas about?
John Hancock

sawtooth

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:44 am

Quoting Smokeyrosco (Reply 41):
Anyone else following the LH buying of B6 shares

They're also circling BMI, wonder what the that could mean for BD / WW Irish services longterm.

BrianDromey

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 pm

Quoting Sawtooth (Reply 42):
They're also circling BMI, wonder what the that could mean for BD / WW Irish services longterm.

Over on the another thread, I said that I felt LH might also be interested in the 49% of VS that SQ no longer want. I think Branson could be interested in pooling the 51% of VS into 49% of LH equity in VS and 100% of BD equity. Imagine the strength *A would have at LHR and MAN if LH were to get their hands on BD&VS.
In such a HYPOTHETICAL situation I would expect to see something like this;

A330 fleet - MAN based, serving current US, Caribbean routes, likely to add India, taking over the VS MCO & LAS flights possibly adding IAD, SFO/LAX/SEA and NYC.
744/A380/787 - LON based to serve current & expanded VS route network, and better performing BMED routes.
A32Xs - LHR based serving BHD, DUB, LBA, NME, MAN, GLA, EDI, JER & smaller BMED routes. Most Euro routes would be cut, as these would be serviced better within the LH group via the German & Swiss hubs. Freed up slots go for expansion, east & west, mainly to Middle East, China and India? - USA would be pretty covered in such a situation.

Excess A32X could then be used to begin to replace the WW 733s.

In other interesting UK news, U2 is to base 5 aircraft at MAN. (3 in addition to current 2 based GB Airways). I wonder if U2 will look upon the relative success WW has had to Ireland from MAN (&BHX) without FR retaliation and be tempted to try MAN-NOC, MAN-KIR, etc?

Brian.

GrahamHill

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what airline is at Pier D? Will I still get my AF planes at Pier C?
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

COEI2007

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 44):
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what airline is at Pier D? Will I still get my AF planes at Pier C?

It seems to be mostly EI and FR. AF tend to use A, B and mostly C, but you never really know

dstc47

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Whereas until recently Cityjet / AF seemed to pretty well always use Pier C, my most recent in and out with them was through Pier A.

smokeyrosco

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:29 pm

Quoting Dstc47 (Reply 46):
my most recent in and out with them was through Pier A.

Yeah I noticed that some turn arounds always used A pier and generally these where ones that would occupy the gate for longer then the typical turn around.... of course when C Pier was particularly busy (more often in the late AM when all the transatlantics take up all the widebody stands) AF would be pushed to the narrow body stands on the B Pier and A Pier. It wouldn't surprise me if you got the D Pier though, It's going to happen sooner or later.
John Hancock

B747forever

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 43):
In such a HYPOTHETICAL situation I would expect to see something like this;

Wow, if this happens then LH will be really really big.
Work Hard, Fly Right

smokeyrosco

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 43):
In such a HYPOTHETICAL situation

Interesting to say the least, I was thinking similar thoughts and I hate to say it but MOL was right (well kinda) he said that there would be massive consolidation and some of the big players would fall. I am seeing some consolidation alright but I still don't see any majors falling, AZ.... close but the future may be bright yet (I'm talking blue and white). We have a real interesting few years ahead.
John Hancock

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos