OA260

RE: Irish Five-Six Cleared And Rolling ....

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 99):
But still it was nice by EY to offer that.

Yes its an added bonus . OA used to offer free hotel in ATH for LHR-SYD passengers. Was a nice stopover. Shame those days have well gone now LOL.....Mind you I used to have to write out the vouchers at the ticket desk in Terminal 2 and they were a pain LOL.....

B747forever

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 100):
OA used to offer free hotel in ATH for LHR-SYD passengers

Wow, didnt know that. That gad to be great days for OA.

Mind you I used to have to write out the vouchers at the ticket desk in Terminal 2 and they were a pain

LOL.!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

bx737

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:10 pm

Quoting Bramble (Reply 95):
I have been fuming about this article all day. Firstly the headline is very irrelevant. Secondly it ignores the very real fact that it could have been a traumatic decompression for the 250 passengers onboard

Well just to fill you in on our diversion to the "west" coast of Canada. It appears that the heating element failed in the outer pane of glass on the captain's side, causing the glass to crack badly. The captain informed me that there was nothing to worry about and we proceeded to St Johns. I believe two fire trucks followed us in as a precaution, one of whom got stuck in the snow. The fire chief boarded to get the details and then bid us goodnight. Air Canada came on the scene then and within two hours had all passengers and crew in or en route to the Delta hotel. A hire-in was sourced in the form of a Euro Atlantic 757. The aircraft EI-LAX got back to Dublin at 8pm last night. St John's is very nice and the temperature hit a balmy -8C during the day.

tonymctigue

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Quoting Smokeyrosco (Reply 62):
I think realistically EI need to order more A32x's before they can really start looking at new bases, other wise they will start to spread their fleet thin. If BFS is going as EI said, I'm sure they will want to expand there without neglecting ORK and DUB although in the future I can see some LHR slots being moved from DUB and going elsewhere in the future. alternatively, maybe they will take back the slots they have leased out.

This is a very good point. We need look no further than the disaster that was GSM at NOC over the summer to see what happens with an overstretched aircraft fleet. Sepakinh of which, is NOC getting its TA services back next summer?

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 85):
NEWSFLASH*

DL is to reintroduce SNN-ATL from May, with newly acquired 757-200. These will be sold a two class flights, as the 757 fleet will be reconfigured by then. Good news for SNN. WX in, and ATL back in one week! Well done!
Naturally, I would have preferred ORK-JFK, but I guess congestion issues at JFK right now mean DL will only be adding less marginal services from JFK in the near future.

Great news & no better timing given all the bad news that has been thrown SNN's way in the last few months. Does anyone know if this will be seasonal only or will it be year round? Maybe if loads are decent during the summer then maybe DL will consider operating year round under the SAA's new winter incentive scheme. SNN-ATL be almost at the range limit of a 757. I must say, as uncomfortable as a 757 is for a seven hour flight, they are really a godsend for airports like SNN with a decent demand for LH services but not enough of a demand for widebody services.

Speaking of TA services from SNN, has anyone heard any mention of the new range of US charter destinations that we heard rumours about there a while back?
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

Bramble

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:24 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 93):
they even charge Sterling onboard and they criticised FR a while back about an Irish airline charging Sterling even though FRs flights were out of UK .

EI have always had sterling prices,the crew have little cheat sheets with conversions rates. However the new brouchure is the first time we have printed both Euro and Sterling prices together. I for one like having that as we often got handed sterling even on non-Uk flights. the problem with FR was that they only advertised prices in sterling even on their EU-EU routes, and still claimed to be a "wee struggling Irish airline (with a huge base in STN!!)"

Quoting Bx737 (Reply 102):
St John's is very nice and the temperature hit a balmy -8C during the day.

Pics of green plane with snowy backdrop?????

bx737

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Quoting Bramble (Reply 104):
Pics of green plane with snowy backdrop?????

Eh................no. It was pitch dark when we arrived and dark when we got back on to the aircraft and I am no good at taking night shots, but have a look at www.freewebs.com/bx737 and the last page of aircraft for ones I did take, as I said I am poor at nightshots, so forgive the quality

[Edited 2007-12-18 12:52:49]

COEI2007

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Yes its an added bonus . OA used to offer free hotel in ATH for LHR-SYD passengers. Was a nice stopover. Shame those days have well gone now LOL.....Mind you I used to have to write out the vouchers at the ticket desk in Terminal 2 and they were a pain LOL.....

Quoting Bx737 (Reply 102):
Well just to fill you in on our diversion to the "west" coast of Canada. It appears that the heating element failed in the outer pane of glass on the captain's side, causing the glass to crack badly. The captain informed me that there was nothing to worry about and we proceeded to St Johns. I believe two fire trucks followed us in as a precaution, one of whom got stuck in the snow. The fire chief boarded to get the details and then bid us goodnight. Air Canada came on the scene then and within two hours had all passengers and crew in or en route to the Delta hotel. A hire-in was sourced in the form of a Euro Atlantic 757. The aircraft EI-LAX got back to Dublin at 8pm last night. St John's is very nice and the temperature hit a balmy -8C during the day.

I shudda swopped onto that flight!!!! Hahaha! I heard all about it! Sounds like fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!

smokeyrosco

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Great pictures, nice to get a visual of the window that caused so much trouble.
John Hancock

BrianDromey

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:17 pm

OK, in preparation for my ATH run with LX, Ive had a go off my LBA-ORK RE flight.
Flying Home For Christmas: RE ATR 42 LBA-ORK (by BrianDromey Dec 18 2007 in Trip Reports)

I hope you guys enjoy, and be honest about (m)any failures!

Brian.

EI350

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 85):
I quite like him actually. Ive met him a few times, and had a few lecturers from him in Secondary School. Yo can never kill the loyalty a Pres boy has to his school!

Haha I had to endure one of them a few years back! The man thinks he knows everything....he was even a judge for some pathetic Late Late Show ice-skating event!

Have had no access to PC for a few days. Anyone know the cause of these cracks? Quite worrying! Thanks for sharing the pics Bx737.

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 108):

Thanks for posting Brian. Never seen an Aer Arann TR before!
Airports: DUB, SNN, JFK, LHR, STN, MIA, CRL, FCO, FAO, PMI, BCN, AMS, MAH, PHL, MSP, GFK, DTW, ATW, IBZ, TLS, OSH

CUSSkiosks

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 pm

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 103):
It appears that the heating element failed in the outer pane of glass on the captain's side, causing the glass to crack badly. The captain informed me that there was nothing to worry about and we proceeded to St Johns. I believe two fire trucks followed us in as a precaution, one of whom got stuck in the snow. The fire chief boarded to get the details and then bid us goodnight. Air Canada came on the scene then and within two hours had all passengers and crew in or en route to the Delta hotel. A hire-in was sourced in the form of a Euro Atlantic 757. The aircraft EI-LAX got back to Dublin at 8pm last night. St John's is very nice and the temperature hit a balmy -8C during the day.

A mini travelogue on my recent trip routing, YYZ-BOS-YYT-SNN-DUB... I hope this doesn't count as a trip report, it's more of a tongue-in-cheek outlook on the inevitabilities of IROPS for the frequent traveler.

ACT 1:
Depart YYZ in the start of the storm, wait 90 mins in the deicing queue; glad I gave myself 3hr in BOS to get to terminal E. Make a fateful decision to save my shampoo and check my carryon-size bag. Spend an hour in the EI lounge at the end of the maze, have some wine. Board the flight, sit down in 4D and choose OJ instead of Champagne, something isn't sitting well, I think it was the Jackson-Triggs from the lounge. Skip meal service, sign off on some crew-provided pills, and try to sleep. Really bad headache, damned wine.

ACT 2:
Wow, plane descending already, I must've really conked out.. Wait, meal service still going on, hmmm? Pilot announces his windshield is fubar and were dropping into St John's, advises that nothing's "official" but we can be pretty sure we'll be there overnight. Start joking with my boss about crappy airline IROPS; notice glances from woman across the aisle, I think she's more nervous than she wants to let on. We're probably not helping. Land, notice blinkenlights adjacent to the runway, hmmm this must've be an emergency landing! Get to the gate, wait an hour, notice various yellowjackets and Air Canada staff wander in. 1 hour later, we can leave the plane in batches of 100 due to small transborder hall in YYT. First in line, fill in my CBSA card like a seasoned Canadian; poor agents, they must've been called in just for this special shift. First in line at the terminal taxi queue organized by the codger manning the ground transportation desk. Load up a taxi with 5 pax and head into the great white yonder of St John's.

ACT 3:
Arrive at the Delta St John's (Sheraton-type hotel) and staff is busy prepping keycards by the stack, labeled and ready to go. Sign my slip and provide the amex for incidentals. Go to my room, post something to A.net; naively set the wake-up for 6am in case we're ready to go. Wake up at 10am, apparently the alarm doesn't work. Delta has slipped an information summary under the door, in 6 languages; it's obvious they've done this before. Wander down and grab my free buffet breakfast at the bar. Then wander around downtown St John's looking for some toiletries, since I don't have my kit bag, and the amenities kit toothpaste tube would suit a garden gnome. Observe that the pious Newfoundlanders still close most of their stores on Sunday, doh! I'll try not to stink too much. Walk around for about 2 hours, cold but scenic. Snowy, and I only have shoes. Oh well, keep wandering. Get back, have free lunch at hotel restaurant. Casually wonder if EI will charge me for the beers I order with the buffet. Info has now been posted that we're shipped out at 6pm on a 757. oops, that's a smaller plane... Notice that an hour later there's a call out for 10 volunteers... Hope I don't get bumped for duty travel. Do some work in the afternoon. And by "work", I mean "watch football."

ACT 4:
Board the charter bus back to the airport, unload into the ACJazz check-in area; notice the bewildered looks of some legit Air Canada passengers, Strange Things Must be Afoot! Wait in line to be check in. Wait awhile. Notice that every other person has copious quantities of Duty Free booze that now needs to be checked -- no one seems to have planned for this, every box in the terminal is scrounged. Feel like offering to drink some of it for them, to speed things up. Clear security, and go to AC lounge. Argue with lounge rep, yes we're allowed, we have AC status; win argument, have some booze. Get on replacement plane, a small 757 in charter config, so I prepare to be a sardine for 6 hours. Spend 60 min de-icing, make it to SNN. Yay, people clap, overall people are tolerant of the situation. Wait awhile in SNN, too long. Finally, leave for DUB, at least I have a row of 3 seats to myself now. Land, more clapping. Wait 50mins for baggage though, but finally get it, trip is over.

EPILOGUE:
Meet up with contact and DUB Airport for my work, at 9:25am, only 25min late. He graciously lets me go to a hotel and return "when I'm ready" and change out of my original clothes. Get to work at 1pm, and hope my return trip on Dec22 is better.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:26 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 108):

Will take a look on your TR later today. Looking forward for your ATH run TR. When will you do the run????

Quoting CUSSkiosks (Reply 110):

Really interesting read. Seems that you had a really hectic period. But you made it all the way to DUB finally.
Work Hard, Fly Right

tonymctigue

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting Bx737 (Reply 105):
have a look at www.freewebs.com/bx737 and the last page of aircraft for ones I did take, as I said I am poor at nightshots, so forgive the quality

Great photos. If I were sitting in the pilot seat & that happened I would s**t a brick. It is odd when you think about it that something seemingly so trivial such as a heater failing could cause something like that. Having said that, I could also see how it would happen what with the indside of the glass being warm & the outside of the glass being something like -35C.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

OA260

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:58 am

Air France has announced it is to sell flights from DUB and SNN to the USA . They will be codesharing with DL . You will be able to book on airfrance.ie and will have an AF flight number and check in at AF SSK or online.

jwmd123

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:39 am

Quoting AC747 (Reply 88):
I see the first Lagos flight is scheduled to leave tomorrow from DUB:

Lagos Virgin Express VK299 19-12-2007 09:20

Looks very well on the departures board.

When was this route announced??? Don't remember anything said about it on here

neutral

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 am

Its showing up as arriving from Gatwick at 9.55 but its departure is now cancelled to Lagos at 11.15 not a good start info from DAA website.

jwmd123

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:18 am

Quoting Neutral (Reply 115):
Its showing up as arriving from Gatwick at 9.55 but its departure is now cancelled to Lagos at 11.15 not a good start info from DAA website.

It's just a one off charter flight.

http://www.virginnigeria.com/en/ng/press/pr2007-12-07.html

COEI2007

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Quoting Neutral (Reply 115):

Departed at 10.49 for Lagos. Kind of delayed, but its nice to see a flight to somewhere unusual!

BrianDromey

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 117):
its nice to see a flight to somewhere unusual!

It certainly is! Now that connectivity to the US and Middle East is assured, I think we will see regular, charter or scheduled, flights to Africa before we see flights to the far east, mainly because of runway restrictions at DUB.

Is the Virgin flight planned to be non-stop? At 3272nm it is well within the range of even the older A333s EI have, so I suppose the A340 wont have too much trouble getting off the runway at DUB. I t would be interesting to see if EI would be interested in operating flights to Africa as new aircraft come online. I know CPT is a possible destination, but Nigeri might be an option too?

Brian.

ac747

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:43 pm

I had hoped to get out to DUB today to see the Lagos flight but couldn't make it. Would have been a lovely morning for it.
I remember on the Nigeria thread they said it was due to be operated by a 767.
It would be a real thrill to see LOS added, even as a regular charter. It would add nicely to the CPT LTU run.
Haven't we been here before ?

ac747

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Saw this photo on Flickr...DUB sure looks busy on that day!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikejackson/1498738539/

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:13 pm

Quoting AC747 (Reply 119):
would add nicely to the CPT LTU run.

SO LTU operates out of DUB to CPT. Didnt know that. Is it a non-stop flight???

Quoting AC747 (Reply 120):

Wow, that is a really long queue for DUB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

ac747

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 121):
SO LTU operates out of DUB to CPT. Didnt know that. Is it a non-stop flight???

Sure is. Runs every Friday through Winter. Think it operates for Slattery Travel Agent in Ireland.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:24 pm

Quoting AC747 (Reply 122):
Runs every Friday through Winter. Think it operates for Slattery Travel Agent in Ireland.

Okey, I see. How are the loads for this flights???
Work Hard, Fly Right

GrahamHill

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:42 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikejac...8539/

Ok, I'll avoid taking any plane at 12.30 on Saturdays at DUB!  boggled 
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

ac747

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 123):

Don't know actual figues, but it has been operating for a few years now, so looks like the demand is there. CPT has been spoken about for ages around this Forum, hasn't it? At one stage it looked like EI were really serious about opening up a sched run on the route. Never happened of course and doesn't look likely now that they are concentrating on the North Atlantic. Who knows, possibly some other airline will see a good niche there and jump in sometime in the future.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:29 pm

Quoting AC747 (Reply 125):
Don't know actual figues, but it has been operating for a few years now, so looks like the demand is there

Okey, I see.

Quoting AC747 (Reply 125):
CPT has been spoken about for ages around this Forum, hasn't it?

True, there were talks about EI operating to CPT from DUB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

OA260

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 117):
Departed at 10.49 for Lagos. Kind of delayed, but its nice to see a flight to somewhere unusual!

Are you sure it departed at 1049??? It was still at the D gates when I landed this morning after 11am. It was a B767 . Looked quite nice . Typical , I had my backpack in the overhead locker with my camera inside !!! Couldnt get an pics.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 123):

Very good and demand is high. They also offer a Business class which is good value and ver nice.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 127):
Very good and demand is high. They also offer a Business class which is good value and ver nice.

Really interesting. EI have before looked at CPT, but have never started any service, Lets hope for the future.!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

OA260

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...ut-83648000-in-ad-row-1250155.html

Ryanair to pay out €8,000 in ad row

By Laura Noonan
Wednesday December 19 2007

THE long-running row between Ryanair and a former Swedish prime minister has been settled out of court, after Ryanair agreed to pay out €8,000.

Former prime minister Goeran Persson and former justice minister Laila Freivalds took the action against Ryanair when the low-fares airline used their images in an ad campaign with the tag line, 'Time to flee the country'.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:05 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 129):
Former prime minister Goeran Persson and former justice minister Laila Freivalds took the action against Ryanair when the low-fares airline used their images in an ad campaign with the tag line, 'Time to flee the country'.

LOL!!!

Really funny, didnt know that FR had a ad campaign like that.
Work Hard, Fly Right

TravelGuy

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:20 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 97):
Okey, I see. So we shall not blame EI.

Well, EI ARE to blame for such a breakdown in customer service. They direct the outsourced staff on how to proceed and have immediate oversight over passenger operations at the airport (the managers are EI staff), so any blame does lie with EI. This an industry wide issue though and EI are hardly the only airline to suffer from this customer service problem.

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 103):
Great news & no better timing given all the bad news that has been thrown SNN's way in the last few months. Does anyone know if this will be seasonal only or will it be year round? Maybe if loads are decent during the summer then maybe DL will consider operating year round under the SAA's new winter incentive scheme. SNN-ATL be almost at the range limit of a 757. I must say, as uncomfortable as a 757 is for a seven hour flight, they are really a godsend for airports like SNN with a decent demand for LH services but not enough of a demand for widebody services.

Indeed it is good news for SNN. These type of routes/flights is where SNN will really see positive results going forward. SNN's T/A service to BOS and NYC *should* remain intact in a somewhat similar form to now for, though I feel it will be downgraded in terms of equipment (although such a equip downgrade not feasible with EI at this time). Growth will come in routes via seasonal summer US and CA flights and winter sun (read charter) flights to other spots around the Med. Widebodies will become rarer on a scheduled basis in SNN on the T/A and the economics offered by 757s and even A310s will see them drive growth for SNN

Also, I can't honestly see EI lasting the long-haul pace out of SNN with daily, year-round services to BOS and NYC. The latch on to ORD will be gone soon enough. They are in essence "wasting" A330s ex-SNN when routes from DUB could be started immediately with those same a/c rotations. While BOS-SNN was traditionally EI's best T/A route, they have allowed the market to deteriorate for them to the point where other routes ex-DUB could quite easily outperform it financially at this point.

Are there any charter services ex SNN to points south and east on the card for 2008? There was talk of some off line US routes, but I hadn't heard anything new for non-US mid to long haul. Any updates?

tonymctigue

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:34 pm

Wow. I'd say the controller in the tower earned his keep on that day. Would this be typical at DUB during busy times?

Quoting TravelGuy (Reply 131):
While BOS-SNN was traditionally EI's best T/A route, they have allowed the market to deteriorate for them to the point where other routes ex-DUB could quite easily outperform it financially at this point.

There have been rumours for some time now that DL were considering starting SNN-BOS with a 757. A310's or even 762's would be great for SNN & they offer that big jet feel that a 752 just doesn't have.

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:35 pm

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 132):
A310's or even 762's would be great for SNN & they offer that big jet feel that a 752 just doesn't have.

DL dont have A310s
Work Hard, Fly Right

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:46 pm

They used to have them, many years ago, after they took over PA; DL's A310s were regular visitors to SNN. I've only ever flown on the 310 twice (AF/EK) and found them very nice. I do agree, widebodies are better, but a 757 is better than nothing at all and unfortunately, that's the choice.

So, that makes how many US carriers operating 757s to SNN? CO, AA, US and DL - and then, charters like ATA and Omni. It's quite a good place to see 757s!

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:51 pm

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 134):
They used to have them, many years ago, after they took over PA;

True!!

DL's A310s were regular visitors to SNN

Didnt know that, interesting.

So, that makes how many US carriers operating 757s to SNN?

Then we can begin to call SNN the 757 heaven
Work Hard, Fly Right

COEI2007

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:42 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 128):
Really interesting. EI have before looked at CPT, but have never started any service, Lets hope for the future.!!!

I think the issue before was crew rest areas, but we have 330's with crew rest areas now, so its a possibility. The lack of 330's is the issue.

Also, I can't honestly see EI lasting the long-haul pace out of SNN with daily, year-round services to BOS and NYC. The latch on to ORD will be gone soon enough. They are in essence "wasting" A330s ex-SNN when routes from DUB could be started immediately with those same a/c rotations. While BOS-SNN was traditionally EI's best T/A route, they have allowed the market to deteriorate for them to the point where other routes ex-DUB could quite easily outperform it financially at this point.

I think eventually SNN will be reduced to a daily JFK or BOS, and the a/c will be used ex DUB to launch DFW or MIA and maybe CPT?

rineanna

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Just to let you all know (I'm sure most of you know already) but there's an interesting article in this month's Airliner World on the process of taking delivery of an aircraft, and the article is based on the hand-over of RE's ATR72-500, EI-REM, which was delivered last March (May?). Well worth the read.

Great news that SNN-ATL is to return; when I was out at SNN a week or two ago, I saw the timetable-board hanging up on the wall of DL's ticket office there, and it looked kind of lonely with just the JFK rotation up on it, so now it'll have the ATL flight for company!

A friend of mine went to Luxembourg with her Uni class, and the way they went was with FR from Farranfore to Hahn; she was telling me that the flight was delayed by two and a half hours, and stressed that you only realise how small the airport actually is when you have to sit in its tiny departures hall (room!) for 3/4 hours!

smokeyrosco

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 136):
and the a/c will be used ex DUB to launch DFW

Still hoping man, still hopeing
John Hancock

B747forever

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting COEI2007 (Reply 136):
think the issue before was crew rest areas, but we have 330's with crew rest areas now, so its a possibility. The lack of 330's is the issue.

So EI can today start to serve CPT with their A330s?? DIdnt know that.

Quoting Rineanna (Reply 137):
Just to let you all know (I'm sure most of you know already) but there's an interesting article in this month's Airliner World on the process of taking delivery of an aircraft, and the article is based on the hand-over of RE's ATR72-500, EI-REM, which was delivered last March (May?). Well worth the read.

True, will read that article later.
Work Hard, Fly Right

EISHN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:17 pm

flown on the 310 twice (AF/EK) and found them very nice

Had a nasty experience on one from SNN-EWR with Air Comet (I believe) operating as a sub for EI. It was nine abreast in Y! Plus we were in the very first row, so the seats were that bit much more narrower, due to the armrests not being able to move. Plus the scree was right in front of us. It was a very bad day, as we were supposed to get N272WA to JFK, but missed it (bags went though!) and were compensated by EI, and told we would have F seats on the 747 that was coming in  Yeah sure

Great news that SNN-ATL is to return

When I flew the route in October on a 764, the flight seemed very full, in an all Y config.

The latch on to ORD will be gone soon enough

Apparently not due to cargo.
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

BestWestern

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Malev Cork - Budapest cut from late January 2008. Another eastern european connection from Cork bites the dust.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

EIDAA

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Definitely worth a read - good info on the ATR delivery process.

The May delivery was EI-REL, while REM was delivered in October.

Anyway, just getting last bits and pieces together before getting an early night. Flying out on the DL165 tomorrow morning to the US for Christmas. Hope DL is as good as I have heard!
Most Flown:- G-BUVA (20 Flights), EI-DEB (12 Flights), EI-JFK (11 Flights)

EISHN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Quoting EIDAA (Reply 142):
Hope DL is as good as I have heard!

I quite enjoyed them. The service was good, and the crew very nice. The ice cream mid way over the Atlantic really hits the spot!
Enjoy your flight.
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

BestWestern

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Quoting EISHN (Reply 143):
The ice cream mid way over the Atlantic

Haggen Daz...
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

EIDAA

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:20 pm

I quite enjoyed them. The service was good, and the crew very nice. The ice cream mid way over the Atlantic really hits the spot!

Sounds good.

Enjoy your flight.

Nice touch!

Slán lads
Most Flown:- G-BUVA (20 Flights), EI-DEB (12 Flights), EI-JFK (11 Flights)

shamrock604

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 141):
Malev Cork - Budapest cut from late January 2008. Another eastern european connection from Cork bites the dust.

A real shame for ORK, but I cant see it being gone for long. The loads were too good for someone else (perhaps with a lower cost base) to not take a look. EI or Wizz anyone??  Wink

shamrock604

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:30 pm

Wow. I'd say the controller in the tower earned his keep on that day. Would this be typical at DUB during busy times?

Yes, Tony it can be like that especially in summer. Early morning there is a steady queue for the runways, Midday gets busy again. At Night, you will see steady queues for arrivals. On a particularly clear night last week, it was 5 deep that I could see at one point, and they keep on coming....

To be thruthful, any "quiet times" at DUB dont last for very long anymore.

[Edited 2007-12-19 15:44:47]

EI564

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:42 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 141):

Its still bookable in Feb/March. Perhaps its just a reduction in frequency? They probably normally do that in the low winter periods.

I hadn't heard anything new for non-US mid to long haul.

I think it would be very difficult for SNN to develop non-North American flights or non-Ryanair flights. Getting CityJet/Air France is as good as things get I imagine.

I doubt it. We'd be hearing a lot more about it if it was. I'm sure its poor at times but that must have been exceptional.

shamrock604

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:47 pm

Quoting EI564 (Reply 148):
I doubt it. We'd be hearing a lot more about it if it was. I'm sure its poor at times but that must have been exceptional.

It actually happens a lot more often than you would think..... weekends in the summer in particular. It moves pretty quickly at most times during the day, but 20 or even 30 minute taxi times are not uncommon. Worst i've experienced recently was 45 minutes from gate to take off.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos