Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zrb2
Topic Author

My Southwest Seat Assignment

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:22 am

Sorry, i can't search through hundreds of posts. Can someone just explain to me how I can print my boarding pass exactly 24 hours in advance and I get A-30? I'm not unhappy, I'm just curious how 29 people could possibly get ahead of me?? Do they hold back seats and start at A-20 or something?

warreng24

RE: My Southwest Seat Assignment

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:39 am

Quoting ZRB2 (Thread starter):
Sorry, i can't search through hundreds of posts. Can someone just explain to me how I can print my boarding pass exactly 24 hours in advance and I get A-30? I'm not unhappy, I'm just curious how 29 people could possibly get ahead of me?? Do they hold back seats and start at A-20 or something?

Connecting passengers.

Let's say the flight number is 123, and its routing is MHT-MDW-PHX

Ler's say you booked MDW-PHX.

If A-1 and A29 booked MHT-PHX and checked in already (due to the time difference, MHT-PHX can check in earlier than the MDW-PHX passengers), then you would get A-30 on the MDW-PHX leg.

Make sense?

SXDFC

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 am

Keep in mind A1-A29 are for business select pax.Which type of fare did you choose?

RDUDDJI

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:42 am

Quoting ZRB2 (Thread starter):

Of course you could fly an airline that lets you choose an actual seat, rather than just a cattle group.  Smile
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

zrb2
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:56 am

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 3):
Keep in mind A1-A29 are for business select pax.Which type of fare did you choose?

Not sure which fare I selected? It was not the cheapest though. Those were sold out. This is for the 9:15p BWI-BUF flight. I'm not sure where it's coming from but the connecting pax sounds like the most likely reason.

SXDFC

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:24 am

Well if its not the cheapest then it probably wont be an internet special. Its still a good spot IMHO hopefully your odds of having a non full flight are good.

AirTranTUS

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:27 am

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 3):
Of course you could fly an airline that lets you choose an actual seat, rather than just a cattle group.

Like Cattle Group 1 or Cattle Group 2?  Yeah sure
I love ASO!

atrude777

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting SXDFC (Reply 2):

No it is typically A1-25 for Business Select then A26-A40 are for the A Listers then A41 and beyond are for the regular people and such.

It depends on his flight and fare he booked. Unless he specifically booked a business select fare it wont matter the fare he booked it won't help him with his selecting unless he is an A Lister.

Quoting Warreng24 (Reply 1):

Connecting passengers.

Connections paxs would not affect the first 25 but is technically a possibility.

Quite honestly, Your flight is sold out it seems and sold out of business select, so you got very lucky to get an A29 boarding Card also for a non A Lister person.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos